Detective Conan World
Maurice

Some changes to the forum

Not to insult anybody or anything, but why does it matter if people spam the games forum and get posts from it? If they want to, fine, and theycan get posts from it. People are here because they love DC, and they found the games, met new people, had fun, and got some posts and recognition in the process. So what exactly? What's wrong with the games forum again? Why does everybody appear to think those posts aren't worthy? (why am I still up at 1 o'clock in the morning talking about this?) People come on for fun. Some people would rather not think too hard and just make friends and brag about their posts. Almost everybody looks forward to that 500th post whether you achieved it through gaming or actual 'quality' posting. It's a moment where you've realized that you care about this website and don't abandon it for other places that we think are cooler. Okay, my paragraph is a huge, garbled, confusing MESS because I can't think straight, so I'll spare you all the crazy wants-to-be-a-lawyer-typing-this-on-an-itouch teenage girl rant and sum it up. What's the purpose of this exactly? Why do we deem having fun unworthy of being counted, and why does everybody suddenly have something against games and believe that because you don't count game posts people shall abandon them and give all the newest juicy spoilers to the end of DC? If we had them we'd have shared them long ago. Aaaaand that's that. Good night. If I don't come on tomorrow, it's because I only got five hours of sleep. I blame Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. Hope you bothered to read. If not, oh well.

• Upvote 1

Not to insult anybody or anything, but why does it matter if people spam the games forum and get posts from it? If they want to, fine, and theycan get posts from it. People are here because they love DC, and they found the games, met new people, had fun, and got some posts and recognition in the process. So what exactly? What's wrong with the games forum again? Why does everybody appear to think those posts aren't worthy? (why am I still up at 1 o'clock in the morning talking about this?) People come on for fun. Some people would rather not think too hard and just make friends and brag about their posts. Almost everybody looks forward to that 500th post whether you achieved it through gaming or actual 'quality' posting. It's a moment where you've realized that you care about this website and don't abandon it for other places that we think are cooler. Okay, my paragraph is a huge, garbled, confusing MESS because I can't think straight, so I'll spare you all the crazy wants-to-be-a-lawyer-typing-this-on-an-itouch teenage girl rant and sum it up. What's the purpose of this exactly? Why do we deem having fun unworthy of being counted, and why does everybody suddenly have something against games and believe that because you don't count game posts people shall abandon them and give all the newest juicy spoilers to the end of DC? If we had them we'd have shared them long ago. Aaaaand that's that. Good night. If I don't come on tomorrow, it's because I only got five hours of sleep. I blame Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. Hope you bothered to read. If not, oh well.

i agree but i only read half of wat u said wrote cuz i spaced out

and i love the games at the end it always relate back 2 DC

it's not that the section is unworthy of being counted, per se, it's that it's the section that most commonly gets spammed... some people only want the status symbol of having a high post count, and will do anything to get it, even if it means making meaningless posts

it ruins it for the legitimate users, but that's the way things go sometimes

• Upvote 1

it's not that the section is unworthy of being counted, per se, it's that it's the section that most commonly gets spammed... some people only want the status symbol of having a high post count, and will do anything to get it, even if it means making meaningless posts

it ruins it for the legitimate users, but that's the way things go sometimes

^ Everyone needs to read that.

Then I shall declare myself an not legitimate user because the game forum was created for spamming and having fun and if people care that much about getting posts, then let them care. I know I'm an immature teenager who has no right to say anything, but post count is fun to achieve, games forum or real talk. It makes you feel like part of the community. Because I feel like there's not that much difference between posts in games or posts in 'real topics' because we're enjoying ourselves and that's the important part. Maybe it's because I'm 13 and am the least mature in my five people group of friends in real life, that I think it's nice to be recognized mass contributor or by being a daily member who sneaks on EVERY STINKING DAY even though my parents have long since banned it to see what's going on in the games forum or the chatroom forum or whatever interests me. I know I'm off-topic and feel free to warn me or speech or whatever you want to do, smite me if you feel it's truly necessary. But I think this would be unfair to new members, because I can still remember how I decided DCW was a good enough website to start checking out everyday and is like my little haven. I used to spam the game forum. I used to wait, sitting on my bed for hours for someone to start posting with me, having one of those little wars to see who walked away with the most posts. It's fun to compete with post count in the games forum because you get friends through competition, and competition can also make people better friends. (and yes I would know because I compete with my friends in stinking everything) I know we can't change it now that Maurice did so much work to do so, but I'd like people to think about that.

• Upvote 2

I think this has been blown a little to much out of proportion.

This being a detective conan site:

-the posts on the forums should be detective conan related

-rewards should be given to those that participate in detective conan related topics

However, like Aeyra said, the forum games section has without a doubt brought up a lot of friendships through those that regularly posted there. I'm sure it has also brought a lot of people to actually use the forums and bring this site more popularity. If those posts had never counted toward your overall post count I do not think so many people would have contributed to so many games and "spammed" them to achieve such a high post count.

I can kind of see why anyone would argue that it is a little to late to now decide posts in that section don't count, but I just do not see the point of posting 100+ times a day in forum games. Maybe it is just that I don't have the time, or that I just don't care about about my own post count. I can see that it is fun for some, so I won't say anything else on that matter.

Lastly, the forum games section is still there for you guys to use, it isn't like this new rule takes it out completely. I suggest that for those that post there daily to make up challenges like "How many people can post during 11:11 AM/PM". Stuff like that which will keep some meaning to spamming that section.

If they have meaning, like they're trying to solve codes or riddles, I think it should be allowed. Puzzles and brain teasers can be part of it. They're fun for people to try and solve and possible work on their deduction and thinking skills.

This being a detective conan site:

-the posts on the forums should be detective conan related

-rewards should be given to those that participate in detective conan related topics

However, like Aeyra said, the forum games section has without a doubt brought up a lot of friendships through those that regularly posted there. I'm sure it has also brought a lot of people to actually use the forums and bring this site more popularity. If those posts had never counted toward your overall post count I do not think so many people would have contributed to so many games and "spammed" them to achieve such a high post count.

Rewards should be given to those that participate... ... ... It sounds like we're bribing people to post on the 'general' topic sections. -.-' LOLZ Finally I'm back in a good mood... But what I've said still holds true for me. *waves some random flag that appeared out of nowhere* The games section usually ends up DC related if you pay attention. If we ever ask what's cute, what's cool, or whatever, you're always going to see Conan, Heiji, and Kaito (and I bring up Saguru) on the forums.

Out of curiosity, I just picked the most popular (in replies) general forum (which is who is the BO boss?) and I only counted people who posted 5+ times in the forum. (because if they posted once or twice, I don't think it really counts as an 'active' conversation person) There are fourteen members on that list. Same number of 'active' members in DCW IRL. (5+ posts) By contrast, 23 members have posted 100+ times in the most popular game forum, Count to a Million. (and we are still not even close....) I was too lazy to count 5+ and only above 100 really counts in that forum. I know it's harder to think of responses and everything to general forums, but if we want to look at site activity, I think the games forum would be very popular. (though I do give credit to 'What is your Favorite Episode' in the anime section for having well over a million views<- only reason I dare not claim the games forum is not the most popular because I really don't feel like adding everything. My calculators almost out of batteries.) I think the situation is like this:

We can come on everyday and do a variety of things. We can chat in the chatroom, we can have post wars in the games forum, we can read and enjoy art in the fanart sections, we can learn languages, we can talk about our interests, and we can talk about DC. I think all of us like these things in moderation. And forum games are like video games- the obsession wears off eventually after we feel comfortable enough to step out and not just stay there all day. Just keep in mind that I don't even go on the games forum anymore and haven't posted there for about a month and I'm still here arguing for it. And as for the argument that we don't talk about DC in games... Go take a look and see how much of it actually has to do with DC. I remember bragging over managing to claim the number 1412 in the count to one million forum. There's more DC talk in there than you would think. If you're going to take away that post count, then why not take it away in a. All games topics (including video games) b. Music, Movies & TV c. Other mangas/animes? That stuff almost never involves DC. Maybe take away the chatroom too, but that's more DCW related than anything else. I seriously don't get the point of getting rid of the post count from games if we actually do talk about DC in there and you aren't get ridding of post counts from forums that nearly never talk about it. (nobody take offense from what I say in case someone does because I do not need another fight right now. I'd just like to share my views)

• Upvote 1

Then I shall declare myself an not legitimate user because the game forum was created for spamming and having fun and if people care that much about getting posts, then let them care. I know I'm an immature teenager who has no right to say anything, but post count is fun to achieve, games forum or real talk. It makes you feel like part of the community. Because I feel like there's not that much difference between posts in games or posts in 'real topics' because we're enjoying ourselves and that's the important part. Maybe it's because I'm 13 and am the least mature in my five people group of friends in real life, that I think it's nice to be recognized mass contributor or by being a daily member who sneaks on EVERY STINKING DAY even though my parents have long since banned it to see what's going on in the games forum or the chatroom forum or whatever interests me. I know I'm off-topic and feel free to warn me or speech or whatever you want to do, smite me if you feel it's truly necessary. But I think this would be unfair to new members, because I can still remember how I decided DCW was a good enough website to start checking out everyday and is like my little haven. I used to spam the game forum. I used to wait, sitting on my bed for hours for someone to start posting with me, having one of those little wars to see who walked away with the most posts. It's fun to compete with post count in the games forum because you get friends through competition, and competition can also make people better friends. (and yes I would know because I compete with my friends in stinking everything) I know we can't change it now that Maurice did so much work to do so, but I'd like people to think about that.

Rewards should be given to those that participate... ... ... It sounds like we're bribing people to post on the 'general' topic sections. -.-' LOLZ Finally I'm back in a good mood... But what I've said still holds true for me. *waves some random flag that appeared out of nowhere* The games section usually ends up DC related if you pay attention. If we ever ask what's cute, what's cool, or whatever, you're always going to see Conan, Heiji, and Kaito (and I bring up Saguru) on the forums.

Out of curiosity, I just picked the most popular (in replies) general forum (which is who is the BO boss?) and I only counted people who posted 5+ times in the forum. (because if they posted once or twice, I don't think it really counts as an 'active' conversation person) There are fourteen members on that list. Same number of 'active' members in DCW IRL. (5+ posts) By contrast, 23 members have posted 100+ times in the most popular game forum, Count to a Million. (and we are still not even close....) I was too lazy to count 5+ and only above 100 really counts in that forum. I know it's harder to think of responses and everything to general forums, but if we want to look at site activity, I think the games forum would be very popular. (though I do give credit to 'What is your Favorite Episode' in the anime section for having well over a million views<- only reason I dare not claim the games forum is not the most popular because I really don't feel like adding everything. My calculators almost out of batteries.) I think the situation is like this:

We can come on everyday and do a variety of things. We can chat in the chatroom, we can have post wars in the games forum, we can read and enjoy art in the fanart sections, we can learn languages, we can talk about our interests, and we can talk about DC. I think all of us like these things in moderation. And forum games are like video games- the obsession wears off eventually after we feel comfortable enough to step out and not just stay there all day. Just keep in mind that I don't even go on the games forum anymore and haven't posted there for about a month and I'm still here arguing for it. And as for the argument that we don't talk about DC in games... Go take a look and see how much of it actually has to do with DC. I remember bragging over managing to claim the number 1412 in the count to one million forum. There's more DC talk in there than you would think. If you're going to take away that post count, then why not take it away in a. All games topics (including video games) b. Music, Movies & TV c. Other mangas/animes? That stuff almost never involves DC. Maybe take away the chatroom too, but that's more DCW related than anything else. I seriously don't get the point of getting rid of the post count from games if we actually do talk about DC in there and you aren't get ridding of post counts from forums that nearly never talk about it. (nobody take offense from what I say in case someone does because I do not need another fight right now. I'd just like to share my views)

Very agree and they're making us to stop visiting this site even it's so fun to post. :( (No offense)

Well it doesn't matter

We're not here for the number of posts but we're here for the DC.

Very agree and they're making us to stop visiting this site even it's so fun to post. :( (No offense)

These two posts don't agree with each other too well. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

These two posts don't agree with each other too well. :rolleyes:

LOL but maybe my lawyer/ability to make reasonable passionate speeches about things I care about changed his mind. :P While I can say that stuff jokingly now since I've calmed down, I do mean almost everything I say. I'm glad people share at least part of my opinions. ^^

(To Maurice, Aeyra, Moonlight magician and Mohorovicic)

Wait a moment, the games which created by us has somehow influence the mind? I haven't read this thread and i now realize everything is shaped by few words I made in some forums. Now I feel sick to know what I've done this few days as game has certain influence and I now declared the game forum i've make are temporarily stopped.

Games are games. DCW stay true what forum serve to members like to engage into discussion than games as games are belong to category. But if the games here serve to let people feel less engaged, Maurice has already state the point the forum serve purpose to allow friends and members engage in Detective Conan discussion.

But if my game forum had lead friends thinking game is good to spam, I apologize, as my game forum serve the purpose to engage Conan and Kaitou Kid crossover together. But it seems few members here seeing my forum with opportunity thinking more competitions and games should be more and be interesting with spam, forgetting the purpose of DCW does not serve game only as DC is the main theme.

Aeyra, and Moonlight magician you may stated a bit of point but I feel you both warp the reason of having the game and competition, I am bit shock what you have said. If I know there's a thread here with forum member ask for games, I will think twice creating game forum. Everyone can create games in the allocated forum, but Aeyra, my intention to have game forum is for anyone who is bored and wants to hang out only. Competition and games are not for dominating DCW forum with good games or whatsoever, it's another matter which cannot be mixed with DCW's topic. I just I feel I've create a trend which cause a bit protest and misconception.

Maurice already have decision to keep things organized. My game forum doesn't allow spam, but if it categorize as spam here after members hang out in my forum I have to delete.

My game forum isn't for anyone to use it against Maurice's decision if ideas are populated to create demand on DCW forum. I don't tolerate any members use my forum games as an example indirectly to go against Maurice's decision as it is not right to give idea game is for spamming. You're comparing my forum with here, I do not want to compete to think game is to spam but it's an opportunity to create games for fun.

Now my game forum is closed until further notice.

(To Maurice, Aeyra, Moonlight magician and Mohorovicic)

Wait a moment, the games which created by us has somehow influence the mind? I haven't read this thread and i now realize everything is shaped by few words I made in some forums. Now I feel sick to know what I've done this few days as game has certain influence and I now declared the game forum i've make are temporarily stopped.

Games are games. DCW stay true what forum serve to members like to engage into discussion than games as games are belong to category. But if the games here serve to let people feel less engaged, Maurice has already state the point the forum serve purpose to allow friends and members engage in Detective Conan discussion.

But if my game forum had lead friends thinking game is good to spam, I apologize, as my game forum serve the purpose to engage Conan and Kaitou Kid crossover together. But it seems few members here seeing my forum with opportunity thinking more competitions and games should be more and be interesting with spam, forgetting the purpose of DCW does not serve game only as DC is the main theme.

Aeyra, and Moonlight magician you may stated a bit of point but I feel you both warp the reason of having the game and competition, I am bit shock what you have said. If I know there's a thread here with forum member ask for games, I will think twice creating game forum. Everyone can create games in the allocated forum, but Aeyra, my intention to have game forum is for anyone who is bored and wants to hang out only. Competition and games are not for dominating DCW forum with good games or whatsoever, it's another matter which cannot be mixed with DCW's topic. I just I feel I've create a trend which cause a bit protest and misconception.

Maurice already have decision to keep things organized. My game forum doesn't allow spam, but if it categorize as spam here after members hang out in my forum I have to delete.

My game forum isn't for anyone to use it against Maurice's decision if ideas are populated to create demand on DCW forum. I don't tolerate any members use my forum games as an example indirectly to go against Maurice's decision as it is not right to give idea game is for spamming. You're comparing my forum with here, I do not want to compete to think game is to spam but it's an opportunity to create games for fun.

Now my game forum is closed until further notice.

I have a feeling this post was made by a misunderstanding...

*sighs* We still have the games, it's just that the posts in it don't count into the post count. We can still play the games, still have fun, and still enjoy ourselves. There's no need to destroy each other and ruin our self esteem by putting each other down on whether we do or don't agree with Maurice's decision, it's time we just dealt with it. It won't kill us if our game posts don't count...we still have them. If we really love them as much as we claim we'll be happy to play them, post count or not. It's like why people play sports...it's not to win, it's to enjoy it.

Unfortunately I've grown up with life equaling competition. Me and my friends are the top of my grade and we always compete to be number one. Then there's the 'enter every single academic contest in your school and study for them two years ahead of time' thing from my parents. And the for fun battle with my brother over video games for the higher score. It'll be hard to keep track of post wars without a counter now won't it? I personally liked games for the competitive edge and the ability to socialize with people I don't know, and I already know it's too late to change things. I like everyone else would like to be heard. Whether or not people hear it as a good thing or a bad thing, I'm glad they took the time to hear me out. I don't play games anymore but I know how it felt. I'd like new people to feel it too.

well I lose my cool after I read Aeyra's post. After work, I got home, feeling physical exhausted, feeling lazy to read first page and read recent ones. I come here to see Aeyra indirectly mention about my forum I go and read, all her post making my head spin after having long day while multi-task.

I don't mind you spend time competing with friends to be on top, but if people are way serious than knowing it's game and come here to say our forum is good example to count post count. But I'm not intend to flaunt it as it's a new forum. I do somehow agree with IU about having fun without thinking much of post count but happily to play games.

Actually the forum closed for reason of under maintenance and forum change, not for closing it eternity. Aeyra, our forum is like a thread for everyone to come and have fun, competition is another thing as it's different matter when playing competition. I don't see the reason why persuading Maurice to have post count here while we have game forum.

Competition is the game which can be compete for fun. Aeyra talks about my forum indirectly (it's not misunderstanding, Moho, she show obvious clues she talk about my forum.) IU, Moho, IU: what you said does make sense, I'm not impressed when my forum is indirectly mention on thread when Maurice has make himself clear about his decision.

well I lose my cool after I read Aeyra's post. After work, I got home, feeling physical exhausted, feeling lazy to read first page and read recent ones. I come here to see Aeyra indirectly mention about my forum I go and read, all her post making my head spin after having long day while multi-task.

I don't mind you spend time competing with friends to be on top, but if people are way serious than knowing it's game and come here to say our forum is good example to count post count. But I'm not intend to flaunt it as it's a new forum. I do somehow agree with IU about having fun without thinking much of post count but happily to play games.

Actually the forum closed for reason of under maintenance and forum change, not for closing it eternity. Aeyra, our forum is like a thread for everyone to come and have fun, competition is another thing as it's different matter when playing competition. I don't see the reason why persuading Maurice to have post count here while we have game forum.

Competition is the game which can be compete for fun. Aeyra talks about my forum indirectly (it's not misunderstanding, Moho, she show obvious clues she talk about my forum.) IU, Moho, IU: what you said does make sense, I'm not impressed when my forum is indirectly mention on thread when Maurice has make himself clear about his decision.

Umm... I think there is a misunderstanding here because I never thought about DCE while writing my 'speeches' at all. Could you tell me what 'obvious' clues these are ? Because I am confused. :( I don't post in games on either forum- they've lost their magic touch for me but I think others still deserve to have them count.

Is me mentioning 'competition' this obvious clue? Because I'm truly being honest about real life where me and my friends are the top of my grade and all of us want to be number one. And then there's all the contests I go against them in like MathCounts and Science Olympiad, and I'm saying I like competition no matter how small the fight. Heck I like competiting with my bro to see has the higher score on Nyan Cat Fly. (I do. :P) I'm sorry for any misunderstandings, because I am being completely honest when I say I never thought about DCE in this argument at all, but please do tell me exactly what I said that lead you to this unfortunate conclusion. Sorry!

Ok I sort of understand a little.

In summary, these are the two points of argument.

1) Participation, no matter in what form, should be acknowledged and so post counts should be allowed in Game forums.

2) Post Counts don't matter. We're all here to have fun.

--------------------

Yes? :P

------------------

Ok my point?

Answer the following questions then.

What are post counts for? They are a measure of participation right?

Is posting in games forum NOT participating?

Is participating in games NOT participating in DCW?

Is games section NOT PART OF DCW?

So? :)

Ok That's just my point of view. You can disagree, you can agree.

Ok I sort of understand a little.

In summary, these are the two points of argument.

1) Participation, no matter in what form, should be acknowledged and so post counts should be allowed in Game forums.

2) Post Counts don't matter. We're all here to have fun.

--------------------

Yes? :P

------------------

Ok my point?

Answer the following questions then.

What are post counts for? They are a measure of participation right?

Is posting in games forum NOT participating?

Is participating in games NOT participating in DCW?

Is games section NOT PART OF DCW?

So? :)

Ok That's just my point of view. You can disagree, you can agree.

I should agree with this. ;)

You're forgiven. Please check the inbox for further details.

Wait, but exactly what did I do again? I am sorry for angering you but I'm not sorry for posting what I think and I'm still confused over exactly what I said was bad. After all, I always try and make sure I don't insult anybody, but I guess people can look at it the wrong way. Can you tell me exactly how I confused you into thinking I was talking about your forum and therefore I don't make the same mistakes again if an argument like this ever comes up again?