Detective Conan World
yura.tsuki

Detective Boys!

Okay, so first off, the Detective boys are made up of Genta, Ayumi, Mitsuhiki, Haibara, and Conan. The reason I made this thread was because I was wandering what you guys thought about this group and what you think will happen with this group when Conan and Haibara return, maybe, back to their adult selves.

I think that it's gonna be sad-ish because Aoyama made such a tight relationship between all of them. Will Conan and Haibara really leave the group in the end or will they continue to be part of the Detective boys somehow? I mean, it would be annoying to stay with them kids since conan and haibara would be adults then, they would want to do their own thing and not want to be stuck watching Genta, Ayumi, and Mitsuhiko. When they were kids, however, they had to hang out with them since it was weird not to (you know, kids hang out with kids)but if they were to become adults, they would be hanging out with adults more, right? I don't really know what's gonna happen but it doesn't seem right to have their group break up.

What do you guys think?

I've read a lot of fics where people think Haibara will decide not to take the cure in the end, to give herself a second chance at a normal life (or something like that)... Shinichi will take it, of course, since his was forced on him, but I kinda agree with all those fic writers in thinking Haibara will stay with the group

Well, I've been thinking exactly the same thing as what you were thinking. Then again, I also thought of the same thing that Southpaw said.

I've read a lot of fics where people think Haibara will decide not to take the cure in the end, to give herself a second chance at a normal life (or something like that)... Shinichi will take it, of course, since his was forced on him, but I kinda agree with all those fic writers in thinking Haibara will stay with the group

---

This lead me to a new question: Haibara is making a cure for, most likely, Conan to turn back to Shinichi (and others) but I was wondering, why is she doing it? I can't recall an episode explaining it but I thought up of a reason and reached up to that she was kind of disappointed on what she did so she made a cure not just for Shinichi but for the others who turned into a kid.

I'm still a Haibara x Conan fan. Don't bother me. xD

lol, can't really wait for the final episode....

i mean, its been running for about a decade... ^^;

Yeah, and I'm hoping they won't run another decade or I'll *cough* die. >.<

Yeah, it's always been interesting that Haibara does this all for shinichi. I mean I don't see Haibara wanting to return to her normal size. Unlike Shinichi, she has no one waiting for her in her normal size. At least when she's small, she has the Detective Boys.

It's going to be sad when Conan disappears, sometimes I wonder if once the Black Organization is gone, the detective boys will figure out.

Of course that would be a problem since if information on that pill gets out, people will abuse it. But even if I hate the three stooges, I don't want to see them sad because Conan disappeared.

Now that I think about it, he'll probably make up a story saying Conan went back to America to live with his family or something. Although the three would probably try to fly over to visit him or something, which would be an issue...

Other posting gave the two cents that I would on Haibara, so I'll go with Conan. Presumably Conan will permanently become Shinichi. Will he be a Detective Boy? Definitely not, but I can't see him giving up his friendship with them, but rather simply hanging out with them on occasion as the older brother (even more likely should they find out).

Besides, what's a modern day Sherlock Holmes without his modern day Baker Street Irregulars?

Other posting gave the two cents that I would on Haibara, so I'll go with Conan. Presumably Conan will permanently become Shinichi. Will he be a Detective Boy? Definitely not, but I can't see him giving up his friendship with them, but rather simply hanging out with them on occasion as the older brother (even more likely should they find out).

Besides, what's a modern day Sherlock Holmes without his modern day Baker Street Irregulars?

I really agree with you. :smile:

I agree with everyone who thinks that Haibara will stay a child. There was this one episode where she told Conan that she wished she could lose her memory of working with the Black Organization and become a normal child with a normal life. Haibara will probably try to re-live her life as a normal kid. I also agree that the Detective Boys will become the modern-day Baker Street Irregulars along with Shinichi, the modern-day Sherlock Holmes. They'll still hang out with him, helping solve cases after he becomes Shinichi, but they'll miss Conan, their playmate. Maybe Shinichi will continue to play with them occasionally, though. He was good at pretending to be a kid and once even acted like a kid without having to pretend (he threw a tantrum on Proffesor Agasa's table when his favorite soccer team lost a match).

I think after the B.O. is gone and just before he becomes his "normal size" he'd tell them that or Ai would tell them after the B.O. is gone. I have a feeling that Ran will find out Conan's true identity probably with in the last 5 chapters/cases of the manga. I think he will still help out with the Detective Boys. I think that Conan's and Ai's relationship with the others have become too great to just break off. Reading the manga and watching the anime you see that at the beginning Conan looks at them kind of like an annoyance but after a while he relies on them more. Ai seems to like them as well even tho they are kids. Also Mitsuhiko is smart for his age so if any of the kids figure out his identity I think it would be him.

Also Mitsuhiko is smart for his age so if any of the kids figure out his identity I think it would be him.

I agree but that remind of one fanfiction I read in which they tell him that they aliens and he believed them. It was funny. Anyway I think that they will just tell them. But Ran will find out herself and he will just be tired of lies. That is my theory of them finding out. About Haibara, I guess she will stay kid too start new life. And that is why Detective Boys don't stop solving cases.

Thought I'd try to add this to the discussion before considering making another thread. But let's say that Conan permanently reverts back to Shinichi, and the Detective Boys discover the truth.

Now obviously in public they'd have to maintain formalities (like that honorific Niisan for instance), but when it's just them hanging out, would they address him in the same manner they do as Conan (dropping the formalities and all)?

That's a good question. I imagine they'll refer to him as Conan at first, but... who knows? What I wonder is how hurt they'll be when they actually discover the truth about their best friend.

I also have to point out that even if Ai decided to stay shrunken, she would almost certainly become a "misfit" among the Detective Boys (and among Teitan Elementary School students in general) if/when her true background becomes widely known. Additionally, the administrative staff at Teitan ES may also not want to keep her around under those circumstances.

I also have to point out that even if Ai decided to stay shrunken, she would almost certainly become a "misfit" among the Detective Boys (and among Teitan Elementary School students in general) if/when her true background becomes widely known. Additionally, the administrative staff at Teitan ES may also not want to keep her around under those circumstances.

She may still keep her identity secret. Ai will always Ai and not telling anyone (more) she's Sherry. But i wonder if Shinichi's identity is known how another "mature" kid can keep her identity secret, especially DB detect them together talking what they don't understand often.

Bumping to ask a new question, post a long overdue response and add more to my opinion.

Now many of us who go with the idea that they will still pal around with Shinichi go with the comparisons to Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars. Given the many references to various mystery/detective stories, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is yes.

But are they intended by Gosho to be similar to the BSI, or it just worked out that way?

That's a good question. I imagine they'll refer to him as Conan at first, but... who knows? What I wonder is how hurt they'll be when they actually discover the truth about their best friend.

To clarify, they would likely have to refer to him as Shinichi-Niisan in public (cause I tend to think that he would only reveal his secret to friends and family only), but when it's just them hanging out, I wonder if he would allow them to use a more casual addressing like Shinichi-Kun or San (I'm pretty sure one of those is the honorific for addressing a friend).

I think that it's gonna be sad-ish because Aoyama made such a tight relationship between all of them. Will Conan and Haibara really leave the group in the end or will they continue to be part of the Detective boys somehow?

I tend to think that Haibara would stay as a kid since she really has no reason to regain her real age. But the bit of your quote I bolded is precisely why I doubt Shinichi could sever his friendship with them.

Had he only hung out with them once or even twice, then yeah I don't see him really caring to keep in touch. But even with the story's approach of time not really passing, I think he's been in their company too much to really avoid them.

I really like their group especially when their solving cases.

Even though, they're sometimes crazy, they doesn't annoy me..

I think in the final episode Shinichi will introduce himself to them that he is Conan and they would still be good friends

I personally despise the idea of him becoming Shinichi and still keeping his friendship with them.

IT IS NOT THE SAME! DX

CONAN-KUN is their friend. CONAN-KUN saved them. CONAN-KUN led them. CONAN-KUN was a member of the DB. CONAN-KUN is who they have their memories with.

Not Shinichi. Never Shinichi. Shinichi never did anything. Conan has made a name for himself and friends that care about him and the ending makes a story.

Not only is it overly cheesy and overused, but it's not right with the relationship he has with them. You expect me to believe that Mitsuhiko and Genta would think "Okay, so he left us without any thought or without having to make a tough decision and now he still wants to be our friend... okay! :D" and Ayumi would think "Okay, so the boy I care about and like very very much is choosing to leave me without a second thought AND to be with another girl on top of it... I'm okay with that! :D"

Oh... no. No. No. NO NO NO NO NO!

No way in HECK.

DC will be ruined. It'll be history. I'll wipe it clean from my memory. If the ending is THAT screwed up and is lacking THAT much in covering character-wise I will be anti-DC until he makes an alternate ending.

But if Gosho separates them or has him stay as Conan (if he still covers the people Shinichi is leaving behind) then and ONLY THEN will I be okay with the ending.

The Detective boys should mean more to him than that. They should be a judgement factor in becoming Shinichi again. If I were in his position they'd be the FIRST thing that came to my mind before taking that pill. I wouldn't just assume "Oh I'll still be their friend anyways. =w= They won't mind that I left to be Shinichi instead of staying with them as Conan.". I already strongly dislike his character as it is. If that's his thought process then I'll make several fanfics where he dies a slow, very painful death by the DB's hand. :P LOL XD Jk... but I would hold a grudge against him.

Haibara I have no doubt in my mind at all will stay Haibara. What in the WORLD does she have to go back to as Shiho? A lack of family? Lack of a job? Lack of a lover? Lack of friends? Sure she could start over after turning back into Shiho but she already has all of that as Haibara. It would make the most sense for her to just stay where she has a boyfriend, a best friend, that one friend that you're on the fence about, that one friend that you trust with your life but you hate their guts, a happy healthy home, safety, and family?

(Sorry for the... *cough cough* extreme use of insults hurdled at Gosho and this type of ending. I just think that the DB deserve better than that.)