Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW...IRL?

I'm just confused with why you're calling her Leah. Laela's a good enough name- and isn't Tsukiko supposed to be the backup name? Whatever. :V

Well, I'm not sure about that thing either... For some reason I just wanted to call her Leah. Besides in the most recent part she has been Shannon who calls her with that name...

I'm honestly pretty saddened by the lack of output. Sometimes it feels like a spare few people are trying to keep this thing alive. Where's all the people and energy we started out with?

Onto business: We gotta wrap this up. Seriously. I've got a few plans in mind, but I'm not moving forward 'till others are.

Sorry for the lack of contribution. Very very busy these weeks.

-----------

"Hey... John..."

KKLT called out to John softly, making sure the rest did not hear her.

"Hmmm?"

"Let's talk for a moment." KKLT walked out of the room, signalling for them to talk somewhere else.

[Outside the room]

"Yea... So what do you want to talk about?"

"John... Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing such a past with us... It wasn't something easily shared."

"Hmmph. I told you I've already looked past that. And it was something necessary. You have to know how powerful and horrifying the people we are going to deal with are."

KKLT forced a smile. "However, what is the reason for all this?"

"Hmmm? Reason for?"

"John... Do you think we don't know you well enough?" KKLT stared piercingly at John. "You still have something you're hiding from us right?"

"What are you talking about?" Smiled John, looking unconcerned.

"I don't think you've fooled us all. You asked us to help you. But you were the one doing most of the stuff, providing all the information and power and military. You have every power in the world you can control..." KKLT squinted her eyes at John. "Why... do you still need our help?"

A smile faintly appeared on John's face. "You are a sensitive one aren't you?"

"Hmph. Now tell me. You have something hiding from us right?"

"Heh." John sighed. "Very well. You're right. Come. We'll talk somewhere else."

--------------------------------

This looks interesting but I'm completely lost and i dont know where to start...

I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but simply don't. New members aren't allowed to join because they'll mess up the storyline because they're completely lost, don't know where to start, and well, even us veterans are confused. So please don't try.

This has been quiet for quite some time. mellow.gif

Is there anyone who would add something here? I might add one later. :P

I personally believe we should shut the door on this once and for all. With many of the key writers absent or in hiatus, and the general inactivity, combined with this gigantic mess of a plot we have, we really can't bring this to an end plot-wise. We should leave this topic and start a new one with more guidelines to prevent this from occuring in the second topic.

Besides, more people have been complaining of their exclusion. We should make a second topic and let them in there.

I personally believe we should shut the door on this once and for all. With many of the key writers absent or in hiatus, and the general inactivity, combined with this gigantic mess of a plot we have, we really can't bring this to an end plot-wise. We should leave this topic and start a new one with more guidelines to prevent this from occuring in the second topic.

Besides, more people have been complaining of their exclusion. We should make a second topic and let them in there.

Hmmm...It's fine with me.

Awwwwwww.....

After reading the first few pages, i immediately wanted to try this out...welll.....I'll just wait for the new topic to come out.

If no one minds, I'm currently writing up the new DCW IRL thread. There are a couple rules I'd like to propose. Feel free to add and discuss. When we've come to an agreement, I plan to post these on the new thread.

Rules for New DCW IRL:

1. Please roleplay as yourself and ONLY use yourself or NPCs (non player characters). Do not control other people's characters unless given permission by that person.

2. DCW IRL has a maximum of XXX number of people in each version. (thinking around 10, probably no more, maybe less)

3. Keep swear words to a minimum.

4. Keep everything at PG13 as most of the people here are underage.

That's all I have for now. Any suggestions?

Pity this is going to close. I really liked this thread and the plot. I even weren't too confused about it.

*cries*

But please, don't lock this thread! We can try someday to continue. Or at least discuss how it could have ended and what are the unsolved secrets in this.

Personally, I don't feel there's much more to discuss. :/ Right now, barely anyone posts. I doubt that'll change with time, and this would cause confusion.

Agreed, I think locking this and starting another thread will be the best thing to do right now. So I could join in

It's really sad to end this, but it is essential. I'm happy to be a part of it somehow (even though all i've ever coNtribuTed so far are nOnsense =X). It has been a memorabLe experience and I enjoYed every mOment of it. Thanks ^^;

If no one minds, I'm currently writing up the new DCW IRL thread. There are a couple rules I'd like to propose. Feel free to add and discuss. When we've come to an agreement, I plan to post these on the new thread.

Rules for New DCW IRL:

1. Please roleplay as yourself and ONLY use yourself or NPCs (non player characters). Do not control other people's characters unless given permission by that person.

2. DCW IRL has a maximum of XXX number of people in each version. (thinking around 10, probably no more, maybe less)

3. Keep swear words to a minimum.

4. Keep everything at PG13 as most of the people here are underage.

That's all I have for now. Any suggestions?

I have one:

All events that will occur in the thread should be realistic, not fictional. The fictional events here somehow caused the plot to become messed up, IMO. mellow.gif

Edited by Monsi

I have one:

All events that will occur in the thread should be realistic, not fictional. The fictional events here somehow caused the plot to become messed up, IMO. mellow.gif

Hmm. That's a good point. How about events should be semi realistic? And a definition of semi realistic would be that there would be no superpowers, inability to die, etc. (yeah, my definition's kinda broad at the moment) I think that for storyline it should be given a little slack (just meeting and talking isn't really all that interesting).

EDIT: I'm also thinking that each thread will be marked as (Open) or (Closed) and the first post can be edited to say who's in each thread. Open means there's still space left, closed means all the spots are filled and if you have a satisfying group and don't want anyone to join, it can also be changed to Closed.

EDIT: I'm also thinking that each thread will be marked as (Open) or (Closed) and the first post can be edited to say who's in each thread. Open means there's still space left, closed means all the spots are filled and if you have a satisfying group and don't want anyone to join, it can also be changed to Closed.

This makes me think of this idea: How about creating different DCW IRL threads 'moderated' by different people, who decide setting and such? They could be also set to time limits to force a resolution.

This, of course, doesn't mean many are present at the same time. My idea is that one person sets up a DCW IRL during a time period, and after it ends, the next person goes. And so on.

It helps if there's some sort of organization to this thing, which is why I'm suggesting it.

(Basically, it's like creating Mafia rounds, except with the time limit and it's DCW IRL)

This makes me think of this idea: How about creating different DCW IRL threads 'moderated' by different people, who decide setting and such? They could be also set to time limits to force a resolution.

This, of course, doesn't mean many are present at the same time. My idea is that one person sets up a DCW IRL during a time period, and after it ends, the next person goes. And so on.

It helps if there's some sort of organization to this thing, which is why I'm suggesting it.

(Basically, it's like creating Mafia rounds, except with the time limit and it's DCW IRL)

That's probably a good idea. (I call first round) I think that the moderator will not actually play in the story (as in, be a character), but can make events occur and can use the players characters to a certain extent. And time limit is...two weeks? Problem is, these things tend to last a longer time (I'm thinking that to have a decent story, it needs maybe a month), so we could have two or three threads going on at once.

Anyways, let's create a signup sheet for moderating DCW IRL rounds.

Requirements:

- must be able to login at least once every two or three days to check on thread

- must have decent grammar, spelling

- must have been on DCW for XX number of days/have had XX number of posts (not sure what to put for this...maybe 10 days minimum and 200 posts?)

- if they are unable to check on thread, must be able to hand off to someone else (I know I can take over if necessary and I'm sure that some of the older members can as well)

Anything else? We can sign up here, and after we have this thread locked, requests for moderating can be PMed to me.

Btw: Starting with DCW IRL Version 2.0 Beta since we changed just about everything from the original DCW IRL. Moderators can post their own titles, but when listing, it'll just be 2.0, 2.1. 2.2, etc.

List of DCW IRL Moderators

Version 2.0 Beta - IdentityUnknown

The rules are good, and having a limit in the number of people participating in the stories would be nice, makes it less confusing. And yeah, a month would be enOugh for a story, if people write regularly. ^^'

btw, when is this starting?