Detective Conan World

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Doctor Who?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's that?
  2. 2. Who do you prefer?

My favorite episodes have got to be "The Empty Child" with Christopher Eccleston, and "Blink" with David Tennant. I just love the creepy ones, the suspense mixed with Doctor Who's comedy is a win-win... although I find that Blink has some plot holes with the ability of the Weeping Angels... _ _

Oh, yeah. The best tv series ever! My favourite Doctor is Ten because he was also my first Doctor the same goes with Donna as a companion. I got into this fandom last winter actually when the fourth season of the revised series was running here in Finland. My first episode was Sontaran Stratagem so in a way Martha was also my first companion.

This is a series I've laughed and cried with. Just brilliant.

Did anyone see the 50th years Anniversary Special? It was awesome!

Actually he can act, he improved a lot. I'm looking forward to Capaldi, he's my respected idol. He play funny and quirky Leonardo Da Vinci, won awards for his quirks and sense of humor. ;)

Uhmm... First thing first, WHY IS CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON NOT IN THE CHOICES? He was the first ever Doctor in the Reboot Series and it's because of his amazing portrayal of the Doctor that Doctor Who is still on going.

He was...

hNWeK95.gif

But anyways, I just started watching this series btw just like some two weeks ago and I'm really hooked. I'm at exactly in the start of the third series and I'm still loathing the end of the Second Series. (If you know what I mean ;___;).

The first series was a bit wonky with the Dialogues/Pacing and Emotions and all that but that wasn't a problem anymore in the Second Series, altho it was pretty Emotional one compared to the Previous and that's an improvement, it still didn't move me as much as I hoped or was supposed to. (Coz I've watched other stuffs out there which literally made me teary eyed and moved me alot. Haven't had any episode in the Series yet that really made me feel like that.)

But again, I guess it wasn't supposed to be really emotional. It's still a Sci-Fi, after all.

Anyways, I really like Doctor Who. Wish I knew about this Series a long time ago.

On my fave Doctor Incarnation, Haven't seen Matt Smith's or Capaldi's Portrayal yet. I heard that Matt's is really good but Capaldi's is awful so I dunno but we'll see. Again, I'm just in the beginning of the Third Series. But currently, with my current knowledge of the Doctors, it's hard to pick between David Tennant's and Christopher Eccleston's. Coz I mean, without Eccleston, would never have Doctor Who and for me, personally, he was the first thus would always have a special place and he did an awesome job in portraying the Doctor in his own ways; Mysterious, Mostly Serious, Cold-Hearted/Unemotional sometimes and kinda scary sometimes. Wish he became the Doctor for much longer than one Series. On the otherhand, Tennant's is just this really Funny, Energetic and Clever Doctor and he did a great job in picking up where Chris left off.

If I really have to pick, I would go for David Tennant's portrayal. He beats Eccleston's by miles, in terms of acting. David just brought the Show up on another level when he came in and seriously, I couldn't imagine anyone beating his Doctor so how the heck do some people prefer Matt over him?

My special picked scene of him which won it for me:

"You've been looking"

"You like it"

I LOST IT.

0:29 EVEN ROSE DID

Tennant is my favorite Doctor, with Jon Pertwee as second. Though I doubt like Peter Capaldi. I'm looking forward to the new Christmas special next month, not to mention series 10 starting up next year. In the meantime, I am eager for the new animation of the lost Power of the Daleks serial, which will air for the first time on the 19th of this month. There is good stuff coming for us Whovians!

On 11/12/2016 at 6:14 AM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

Tennant is my favorite Doctor, with Jon Pertwee as second. Though I doubt like Peter Capaldi. I'm looking forward to the new Christmas special next month, not to mention series 10 starting up next year. In the meantime, I am eager for the new animation of the lost Power of the Daleks serial, which will air for the first time on the 19th of this month. There is good stuff coming for us Whovians!

Spoiler

Are you a classic who child sir/maam? It's pretty rare to see a person who grew up watching the classic who to fave any of the Doctors in the NuWho. They're pretty much elitists and they always argue that the Old Doctors were way better but I guess, if you are, then you are one of the open minded ones.

As for Capaldi, there's been rumours that BBC wants him and his companion replaced in 2018 with a Tennant-esque actor and a Rose-esque companion coz of the all time low rating of the NuWho which really sucks coz his doctor is just starting to get better and kinder. But, I understand why people dislike him. I dunno if you've watched the William Hartnell's Reign (First Doctor) but if you did, Capaldi's Doctor is the closest to him which I guess is a homage to the beginning of the show. The First Doctor's personality is nowhere near the Doctors next on line to him. He's an arrogant, self-righteous and selfish old man (eventually he softens out) and he isn't as clever as the next ones. Capaldi's Doctor is kinda similar to him.

But still, Capaldi's doctor is great and in the end, he is still the Doctor. I think I'll blame Matt Smith fans for his inevitable sacking coz around his era, the Doctor and the show became way more clownish and childish and the show was marketed as a show for teenagers and children alike and it kinda boomed outside Britain on his era. The Eleventh Doctor was great but his fans were the worst. Most of them were trend rider and didn't really like Doctor Who or sci-fi but rather just the Eleventh Doctor and Amy so after they left, they left too and they're like the New Doctor is not the Doctor anymore coz he is way too old and not that funny disregarding the fact that the Time Lord is freaking over 2000 years old now and regenerated many times or that they can't relate to Clara as compared to Amy or they hate Clara coz she's almost taking up the same amount of screen time as the Doctor and she almost equals the Doctor in badassness (They've even branded her Clara Who :P ).

For me, I really like Clara as compared to the previous companions since she wasn't a dumb freak, didn't treat the Doctor as a love interest and wasn't some sort of a damsel in distress par just a viewer to the Doctor. She's the best companion so far.

The Power of the Daleks was aired awhile ago, btw. Just a correction. I think it's for the DVD release date, the 19th one, I mean.

===

Been watching the First Doctor Era for ages now (I'm just in the beginning of season 3). As much as I wanna like his era, the show on the era is pretty dragging and poor writing kinda bores me. Don't get me wrong, I like the first Doctor but poor writing kills it and the fact that the show tends to focus so much more on his companions and the enemies and the repetitive plot adds more to my boredom.

But, his companions (Ian and Barbara) were pretty awesome other than Susan (his actual granddaughter. Yes the Doctor was a father and a grandfather but they died) who just shouts on most part of the show. I was glad after she left.

I actually got into Doctor Who about four years ago. I started with Eccleston and went forward from there as I was able to, finally catching up shortly after Capaldi started his run as the Doctor. I have watched all of the classic Who I could put my hands on, but sadly, that isn't much (about three serials of the First Doctor, two or three of the Second Doctor, two of the Third Doctor, two or three of the Fourth Doctor, one of the Fifth Doctor, and one of the Sixth Doctor; I haven't seen any of the Seventh Doctor or the Eigth Doctor movie).

I find it interesting that you draw more parallels between Capaldi and the First Doctor as Capaldi himself has said that he drew inspiration for his portrayal from Jon Pertwee's Third Doctor, and even Sean Pertwee (Gotham's Alfred and son of Jon Pertwee) had said he sees much of his father in Capaldi's Doctor, which I tend to agree with, especially in the newer episodes.

My favorite companion is probably Amy (though I readily admit that it is largely because I have a thing for redheads and I found her attractive), with Clara as a very close second (based entirely on the strength of the character) and third being Mary Jane. I did like Rose as a companion, but only alongside Tennant's Tenth Doctor as they had great chemistry together. My least favorite companion is definitely Donna; somehow she just got on my nerves. I don't know anything about the actress playing the new companion, but I can only hope she will be someone smart and/or strong like Clara, or (barring that) someone with a strong emotional compass to help keep the Doctor grounded firmly on the right path. My favorite character overall is River Song (last year's The Husbands of River Song special is one of my favorite episodes in the whole series). If I had an in with BBC, I would actually pitch them a series I had the idea for focused on her, The Diary of River Song (it would allow for occasional guest appearances by Tennant and Smith that could draw in their respective fans [and is there anyone out there not curious about Jim the Fish?], and maybe even earlier Doctors, or lookalikes in their places, as there is still the hanging question of how River knows all of his appearances, but would focus mostly on her own adventures).

The reason I thought the initial airing for the newly animated Power of the Daleks serial was going to be the 19th of this month is because Cox cable has listed it as a new program on the guide information with the original air date being 11-19-2016. If it has aired before, apparently Cox didn't get the memo.

Now, with talk of Capaldi being ousted, that raises another question. Who would you like to see play the Thirteenth Doctor? If I could choose anyone, I would actually cast Jim Sturgess in the role. After seeing his performances in Across the Universe, Upside Down, and 21, I think he would be a great Doctor as he has displayed the dramatic range to play the light-hearted moments, the heartfelt (and heart-wrenching) moments, AND the dark and intense moments all with a high level of skill and believability, which (to me at least) is a must for the Doctor. But "Who" would you choose? Just curious. Also, what are your thoughts on the possibility of the Doctor regenerating as a woman (now that the series has definitively shown is is possible for a timelord to change genders upon regeneration)? Either way, I know that I would definitely like to see another long-run Doctor, like Tom Baker. The new series has been running less than half the time the original ran, and already they are only two Doctors short of the classic (only one short if you count the War Doctor, Who I would love to see them work in again somehow before John Hurt passes). That's just my opinion, though

Anyways, I think I've rambled enough for now. Let's her your opinions!

On 11/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I actually got into Doctor Who about four years ago. I started with Eccleston and went forward from there as I was able to, finally catching up shortly after Capaldi started his run as the Doctor. I have watched all of the classic Who I could put my hands on, but sadly, that isn't much (about three serials of the First Doctor, two or three of the Second Doctor, two of the Third Doctor, two or three of the Fourth Doctor, one of the Fifth Doctor, and one of the Sixth Doctor; I haven't seen any of the Seventh Doctor or the Eigth Doctor movie).

I find it interesting that you draw more parallels between Capaldi and the First Doctor as Capaldi himself has said that he drew inspiration for his portrayal from Jon Pertwee's Third Doctor, and even Sean Pertwee (Gotham's Alfred and son of Jon Pertwee) had said he sees much of his father in Capaldi's Doctor, which I tend to agree with, especially in the newer episodes.

My favorite companion is probably Amy (though I readily admit that it is largely because I have a thing for redheads and I found her attractive), with Clara as a very close second (based entirely on the strength of the character) and third being Mary Jane. I did like Rose as a companion, but only alongside Tennant's Tenth Doctor as they had great chemistry together. My least favorite companion is definitely Donna; somehow she just got on my nerves. I don't know anything about the actress playing the new companion, but I can only hope she will be someone smart and/or strong like Clara, or (barring that) someone with a strong emotional compass to help keep the Doctor grounded firmly on the right path. My favorite character overall is River Song (last year's The Husbands of River Song special is one of my favorite episodes in the whole series). If I had an in with BBC, I would actually pitch them a series I had the idea for focused on her, The Diary of River Song (it would allow for occasional guest appearances by Tennant and Smith that could draw in their respective fans [and is there anyone out there not curious about Jim the Fish?], and maybe even earlier Doctors, or lookalikes in their places, as there is still the hanging question of how River knows all of his appearances, but would focus mostly on her own adventures).

The reason I thought the initial airing for the newly animated Power of the Daleks serial was going to be the 19th of this month is because Cox cable has listed it as a new program on the guide information with the original air date being 11-19-2016. If it has aired before, apparently Cox didn't get the memo.

Now, with talk of Capaldi being ousted, that raises another question. Who would you like to see play the Thirteenth Doctor? If I could choose anyone, I would actually cast Jim Sturgess in the role. After seeing his performances in Across the Universe, Upside Down, and 21, I think he would be a great Doctor as he has displayed the dramatic range to play the light-hearted moments, the heartfelt (and heart-wrenching) moments, AND the dark and intense moments all with a high level of skill and believability, which (to me at least) is a must for the Doctor. But "Who" would you choose? Just curious. Also, what are your thoughts on the possibility of the Doctor regenerating as a woman (now that the series has definitively shown is is possible for a timelord to change genders upon regeneration)? Either way, I know that I would definitely like to see another long-run Doctor, like Tom Baker. The new series has been running less than half the time the original ran, and already they are only two Doctors short of the classic (only one short if you count the War Doctor, Who I would love to see them work in again somehow before John Hurt passes). That's just my opinion, though

Anyways, I think I've rambled enough for now. Let's her your opinions!

One thing about the Classic Who is that most of them are dragging like one story spanning for eight episodes which sometimes is not needed. So like it's hard to watch one story in one single day coz like you'll definitely end up bored.. But anyways, Eccleston is like forgotten right now which is sad coz his Doctor is really great. He's more like the anger/hatred suppressed kind of Doctor which like shows from time to time but I mean if he hadn't left after a year we wouldn't have Tennant.

I haven't saw Pertwee's yet so I'll reserve my judgement for now but me being the person who watched/listened to every single episode of the First Doctor's era, I really see similarities between Capaldi and Hartnell.

Yeah, that's the thing, she's hot (I admit) but her character is a stereotypical teenage/young girl in modern shows, ya know. Stupid, over the top and rebellious which some people suggest as just her being independent, I beg to differ coz she disobeys the Doctor most of the time just to prove that she is independent. It just ends up getting her into trouble. She's really flirty at least for her first few episodes which pissed me off coz like she's like that girl who like tries to seduce every guy in the room including the Doctor. They even made a joke minisode about Amy's flirtiness.

Spoiler

She mellowed and matured out tho eventually after like Rory also became the Doctor's companion that's when I started liking her actually. She actually started seeing the Doctor as her friend, not a love interest. As for Clara, she's the opposite of her. (Hats off to Moffat for creating contrasting companions.) She's like the cool smart mature girl who isn't trying to be over the top or something or doesn't treat the Doctor as some God who came down on earth or her saviour (as opposed to his previous companions esp. Amy who is obsessed with the Doctor). Actually, alot of people disliked Clara for that because well to them they kinda find her boring and well some are just IMO, sexist, they didn't want a girl companion who was almost equal to the doctor and who treated the Doctor as her co-equal. (As I said, the joke "Clara Who?" came to life.) The Doctor thinks otherwise tho, I mean he kept calling her the impossible girl even after the thingy and like went the "long way" to like *spoiler* save her from her eventual death. *spoiler*

Btw, it's Sarah Jane not Mary Jane. I haven't watched Sarah Jane's ran as a companion yet but she's a personal favorite to many from what I know. As for Rose, she's my second favorite. As much as anyone puts hate on her for being romantically involved with the Doctor, it wasn't some sort of like visible and lustful Romance as compared to other shows out there. The Romance thingy was merely subtle, purely Romantic and like developed over time as opposed to being forced down our throats. Other than that, Rose didn't play the Damsel in Distress character and actually is pretty independent and strong. She's like a subpar version of Clara.

Donna, on the otherhand, I like her as opposed to you. Third Fave. She brought humor to Doctor Who. I mean the Tenth Doctor was already kinda funny but like Donna tripled it when she became his companion. Martha (forgotten Companion) is the one that I dislike just because of her expectations with the Doctor. It's like the reason why she walked out of the TARDIS. It kinda dragged the whole show down.

The new companion, her name is Bill. she's actually getting a lot of hate already after just a trailer. I dunno why but alot of people says it's because she seems like another boring companion. I, again, will reserve my judgement first.

Spoiler

River Song was just fine to me. I liked her final episode alot. Personally, it's because it showed how she gained the sonic screwdriver and how it loops back, all around, and like I mean there was like this elephant in the room between them being taken out. I mean, what the Doctor really felt for her eventho they were married (albeit forced one) which is actually really sad set off for River altho it was still a happy ending. And as for your theory, I think I know where you are going with that. That River is the original wife of the Doctor or Mrs. Doctor number 1. It's a pretty cool theory but I really dun think so. There's alot of opposing reasons why. A spin off would be nice tho. I also wanted a spin off of Clara's (with Ashildr possibly) Adventures coz I mean Clara's final scene created that possibility. I'll name it "Clara Who" :P

There's actually animated episodes of Doctor Who besides the reconstructed version of the Classics. All of them were Tenth's adventure.

It's just a rumour from the Mirror (unreliable source). I really don't want to see Capaldi out. I actually want him to stay for atleast 3 more seasons coz I wanna see how Chibnall (the incoming new Headwriter replacing Moffat) handles Capaldi, if he can actually make him shine and if the problem was really writing. But who I want for the 13th Doctor? I want David Morrisey to play the Doctor. He originally played the pseudo Doctor in the Christmas Special, the Next Doctor, and he plays the Governor in Walking Dead. He actually portrayed the pseudo Doctor nicely that's why I thought he would fit in the role. (As he can also be Dark like Tennant) And also, there's an ongoing theory that when the Doctor regenerates, he copies someone whom he had seen in the past. (e.g. Capaldi; Capaldi originally played one of the Romans in the Pompeii episode) As for Jim Sturgess, I don't know him, personally. I don't watch that much shows so I haven't seen him yet.

As for the Doctor regenerating as a woman? Personally, I don't want to but if it happens, then it's fine as long as the Doctor is like a Mary Poppins kind of Heroine. Any lesser than that will be awful coz I mean, let's be honest, most female protagonists are heavily sexualized and that's what I fear and it's gonna piss me off if the Doctor becomes one. The Doctor, first of all is some sort of an asexual character and he is really somewhat gender neutral. Another reason is that, the Doctor is a unique Male superhero-esque. He isn't your everyday hero. Compared to other heroes out there, he promotes non-violence resolution, pacifism and intellect. And IMO, we really need more fictional male role models like him for younger boys out there coz let's be honest, we men, when we are young, are taught by society to act physically tough and to reduce physicality to settle stuffs anything lesser than that is "gay". Just look at how Batman makes his enemies talk. Brutality just breeds brutality as they say, no matter what your purpose is.

I'll quote Doctor who is "The Triumph Of Intellect And Romance Over Brute Force And Cynicism".

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:44 AM, M.K. said:

Yeah, that's the thing, she's hot (I admit) but her character is a stereotypical teenage/young girl in modern shows, ya know.

Yeah, that's why I noted that the only reason she's my favorite because I find her attractive.

She mellowed and matured out eventually after like Rory also became the Doctor's companion that's when I started liking her actually. She actually started seeing the Doctor as her friend, not a love interest.

That was when I actually started liking the character. Just like I only liked Donna after part of the Doctor's mind fused with hers (The DoctorDonna thing).

it's Sarah Jane not Mary Jane.

I know that, apparently my autocorrect didn't. Sorry.

I haven't watched Sarah Jane's ran as a companion yet but she's a personal favorite to many from what I know.

I haven't seen many of her episodes, but on what I have seen, she is a fun character who is not stupid, but not too smart for her own good; strong willed, but not hard headed; adventurous, but not reckless. I really enjoyed her reappearance during Tennant's run.

As for Rose, she's my second favorite. As much as anyone puts hate on her for being romantically involved with the Doctor, it wasn't some sort of like visible and lustful Romance as compared to other shows out there. The Romance thingy was merely subtle, purely Romantic and like developed over time as opposed to being forced down our throats. Other than that, Rose didn't play the Damsel in Distress character and actually is pretty independent and strong. She's like a subpar version of Clara.

I see her kind of like a combination of Clara and Amy. At first, she was a little full of herself, which annoyed me, but a few episodes in, she calmed down and (mostly) got over herself. She then continued to grow more and more throughout her run as companion. So, based solely on character development, Clara is my favorite, but Rose is a very close second. I would even go so far as to say that Rose actually had BETTER growth as a character than Clara did. Clara had some minor development, but for the most part, Clara was always Clara. But Rose, like I said, matured during her run, growing from being whiny, pouty, and full of herself to being a strong and competent partner to the Doctor. And the romance, as you said, was done just right.

Martha (forgotten Companion) is the one that I dislike just because of her expectations with the Doctor.

I didn't really like or hate Martha. For me, she was just there. I accepted her. She was smart, which I liked, but too headstrong.

The new companion, her name is Bill. she's actually getting a lot of hate already after just a trailer. I dunno why but alot of people says it's because she seems like another boring companion. I, again, will reserve my judgement first.

Yeah, I've watched the video before. But it doesn't show enough to really gauge what kind of companion she's going to be. Likewise, I'm not familiar with the actress, so I can't make a guess based on the types of characters she's played before. Like you, I am reserving judgment until I see at least a few episodes with her.

River Song was just fine to me. I liked her final episode alot. Personally, it's because it showed how she gained the sonic screwdriver and how it loops back, all around, and like I mean there was like this elephant in the room between them being taken out. I mean, what the Doctor really felt for her eventho they were married (albeit forced one) which is actually really sad set off for River altho it was still a happy ending.

I loved how they brought it full circle. And, even though the marriage to River was kind of forced, I really do believe that, by the end of it all, he did care for her very deeply, possibly even truly loved her. The romance with River, while completely different from that with Rose, was done in a way I found very fitting and fulfilling.

And as for your theory, I think I know where you are going with that. That River is the original wife of the Doctor or Mrs. Doctor number 1. It's a pretty cool theory but I really dun think so. There's alot of opposing reasons why.

Lol. I actually had not even considered that! I was just thinking about the away she was looking for the Doctor on Husbands of River Song and had pictures of all his faces. It is clear she knows all of his appearances, and I would find it interesting to see HOW she does. I actually agree it would be impossible for her to be the First Doctor's wife (unless she used a fake name throughout their relationship, which I actually wouldn't put past her, as the Tenth Doctor had no idea who River Song was). I just think it would be fun to see her meet the other Doctors and what steps she would take to preserve the timeline and keep the Doctor from any spoilers about who she is. The spinoff series, were I able to have it made, would mostly focus on River's own adventures, though, completely separate from the Doctor. He (they?) would just show up in occasional cameos.

A spin off would be nice tho. I also wanted a spin off of Clara's (with Ashildr possibly) Adventures coz I mean Clara's final scene created that possibility. I'll name it "Clara Who" :P

I actually thought about that as well. A series about Clara and Ashildr tooling around in a TARDIS that looks like a diner would be fun. The trouble is, at least without different writers, I think it would get stale and repetitive rather quickly. I would definitely like to see them give it a shot though.

There's actually animated episodes of Doctor Who besides the reconstructed version of the Classics. All of them were Tenth's adventure.

I knew about this, but haven't had the opportunity to watch any of them.

It's just a rumour from the Mirror (unreliable source). I really don't want to see Capaldi out. I actually want him to stay for atleast 3 more seasons coz I wanna see how Chibnall (the incoming new Headwriter replacing Moffat) handles Capaldi, if he can actually make him shine and if the problem was really writing.

I would like that as well. As I said last time, I would love to see another long run Doctor. And I would be glad to see it start with Capaldi.

But who I want for the 13th Doctor? I want David Morrisey to play the Doctor. He originally played the pseudo Doctor in the Christmas Special, the Next Doctor, and he plays the Governor in Walking Dead. He actually portrayed the pseudo Doctor nicely that's why I thought he would fit in the role. (As he can also be Dark like Tennant) And also, there's an ongoing theory that when the Doctor regenerates, he copies someone whom he had seen in the past. (e.g. Capaldi; Capaldi originally played one of the Romans in the Pompeii episode)

One of Capaldi's episodes actually confirmed (in story) that he had based his appearance on the man from Pompeii. Likewise, when the Second Doctor was exiled to Earth and forced to regenerate, he was told he could choose his appearance. So there is context and precedent in the canon storyline for the Doctor basing his appearance on someone and/or guiding his regenerated appearance. In fact, I could have sworn Tennant had appeared in a small guest spot prior to becoming the Doctor as well, though I could be mistaken about that one. But I do agree that Morrisey could be a good Doctor.

As for Jim Sturgess, I don't know him, personally. I don't watch that much shows so I haven't seen him yet.

I would definitely recommend Across the Universe and Upside Down. Across the Universe is a musical with music by The Beatles; a great story of love and heartbreak, war, and protest has been built around some of the best music The Beatles ever made. My favorite musical of all time. Upside Down, on the other hand, is a tale of forbidden love with a very interesting sci-fi twist, with Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst playing the leads. I'm sure you could easily find trailers for both movies on YouTube (in fact, I know you can as I once pulled them up to show a friend). The other movie I mentioned last time, 21, is based on a true story about a group of MIT students who made a fortune in Las Vegas with their own systems for counting cards. Sturgess is the main character, but it also has Kevin Spacey. 21 is a little slow paced, but it gives yet another good example of just how strong an actor Jim Sturgess is.

As for the Doctor regenerating as a woman? Personally, I don't want to but if it happens, then it's fine as long as the Doctor is like a Mary Poppins kind of Heroine.

I don't really WANT the Doctor to regenerate as a woman, but I could accept it, and possibly even enjoy it, if it was done right. Part of me would like to see him regenerate to look like Clara to honor her, but I think there's not much chance of that. I don't know about the Mary Poppins type, though. I envision a female Doctor as a a combination of Ripley from the Alien movies and Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling. Undeniably strong and ready to take care of business, but with heart and emotion and just a few imperfections and self doubts. I think turning the Doctor into Mary Poppins would turn it into a joke; nobody could take it seriously, and it could ultimately be a death sentence to the show. About the closest I could handle to a Mary Poppins would be a Jessica Fletcher. In fact, Angela Lansbury would actually be a very interesting Doctor. I could enjoy that!

Well, it's been several months and were now almost halfway through series 10. It's been confirmed that Capaldi is out after this season, but (as one might expect) BBC is being tight-lipped about his successor. We've gotten to know Bill a bit, and there are rumors flying around that she will leave after this season as well. And, amazingly, we've already had a couple teases of Capaldi's regeneration in trailers. Oh! And the talk about an episode with multiple incarnations of the Master appearing together for the first time in Doctor Who history!

All in all, I'm enjoying the new season. I don't like Bill. I find her whiny and bossy. I can't wait to see who or what is inside the vault.

I have a feeling that it's Missy in there based on the reaction when the Doctor mentioned the new story he had to tell. Only Missy would react so mirthfully at the suggestion of "a lot of young people being eaten."

I'm still a little bummed that Capaldi is leaving, but I'll deal with it. Curious to see what other fans think of this season so far.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

Well, it's been several months and were now almost halfway through series 10. It's been confirmed that Capaldi is out after this season, but (as one might expect) BBC is being tight-lipped about his successor. We've gotten to know Bill a bit, and there are rumors flying around that she will leave after this season as well. And, amazingly, we've already had a couple teases of Capaldi's regeneration in trailers. Oh! And the talk about an episode with multiple incarnations of the Master appearing together for the first time in Doctor Who history!

All in all, I'm enjoying the new season. I don't like Bill. I find her whiny and bossy. I can't wait to see who or what is inside the vault.

Reveal hidden contents

I have a feeling that it's Missy in there based on the reaction when the Doctor mentioned the new story he had to tell. Only Missy would react so mirthfully at the suggestion of "a lot of young people being eaten."

I'm still a little bummed that Capaldi is leaving, but I'll deal with it. Curious to see what other fans think of this season so far.

I actually liked Bill. She was completely different from Clara and Amy who were both too on the nose for me in terms of their character. (I still like Clara over her though) And the 10th series is probably my favourite season of the show. I just liked the morality that they presented. The whole "Without hope, without witness, without reward." theme recurring throughout all the episodes and the ending.. But, there were definitely bad episodes in that season, I wouldn't lie. (e.g. Oxygen)

Anyway, the show is pretty much dead now because of the whole thing that happened... RIP. Doctor Who will be missed.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:31 PM, Metantei Kiddo said:

I actually liked Bill. She was completely different from Clara and Amy who were both too on the nose for me in terms of their character. (I still like Clara over her though) And the 10th series is probably my favourite season of the show. I just liked the morality that they presented. The whole "Without hope, without witness, without reward." theme recurring throughout all the episodes and the ending.. But, there were definitely bad episodes in that season, I wouldn't lie. (e.g. Oxygen)

I finally got used to Bill and was starting to like her a little by the end of the season. I would have been fine with her returning for another season or two, but Chibnall wanted to start with a completely clean slate so everything and everyone was out the window so he could start fro scratch.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:31 PM, Metantei Kiddo said:

Anyway, the show is pretty much dead now because of the whole thing that happened... RIP. Doctor Who will be missed.

I've only gotten to watch the first episode with Jodie Whitaker at this point. I actually enjoyed the episode and think she has the potential to be really good as the Doctor; I know that her performance on Broadchurch was amazing, so I know she can act. But not having gotten to see most of the season, I'm not sure what you're referring to about the "whole thing that happened," unless you're simply talking about the backlash all the way back when Whitaker was first announced as the Doctor and so many people started whining and swore they'd never watch the sow again because woman. Personally, I don't care who plays the Doctor (man, woman, white, black, Asian, or whatever) as long as they play the Doctor WELL, and from what I saw, Whitaker is doing just that. I am eager to see the rest of series 11. I hope the series isn't dead.