Detective Conan World
chingster

Your favorite volume in the Manga and Case.

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Volume/s in the Manga do you like (1~20)?

2. 2. Which Volume/s in the Manga do you like (21~40)?

3. 3. Which Volume/s in the Manga do you like (41-60) ?

I'll list some of my favorite stories thus far (though I'll probably add more down the line. While my list is for the manga version, I'm using the title from the anime episode for clarity. Anyway:

1. Kogoro's Class Reunion Murder Case (Volume 9): Deviates from the formula, and gives some depth to Kogoro (taking a case seriously and despite some subtle hints from Conan, does decent deduction work).

2. Edogawa Conan Kidnapping Case (Volume 5-6): Even with the hindsight that The Night Baron and Fumiko are really Yasaku and Yukiko Kudo, the creepiness of their characters is still convincing. The story ending with Conan getting payback is just perfect.

3. Coffee Shop Murder Case (Volume 11): Aside from being another episode that goes outside of the usual formula, the expression on Conan's face when remembering who Eri Kasaki's face is priceless. And the ending is a good example of how continuity from a previous story can have an impact on the character.

4. Holmes Freak Murder Case (Volume 12-13): In addition to Heiji learning about Conan's secret, it's enjoyable to see a mystery dummy actually waking up and turning the tables on Conan. Plus I chuckled at Kogoro's assumption that the psychic murdered the victim by willing him to drive over the edge of the cliff, and the scene where Heiji/Conan apparently pointed at Kogoro. Of course, seeing the Holmes fans getting touchy when someone didn't get Sherlock Holmes was priceless. But face it, Ellery Queen is the best in the mystery field. (Notices evil glares) On second thought, Arthur Conan Doyle excels in the mystery stories.

5. Big Monster Gomera Murder Case (Volume 13): Overall, the highlights are "Agasa" being the one to point out the murderer and the Detective Boys getting in the way during the deduction (Shoo, Shoo, Go away).

6. The Desperate Revival (Volume 25-26): Overall a nice emotional story where it seems like Shinichi is back to normal, only to find out that the cure he took only lasted for 24 hours. Other favorite moments of the arc include Conan suggesting that Agasa builds a lifelike robot to act as his older self to throw off Ran's suspicion, Heiji trying to pose as Shinichi, Sonoko changing the play to include the kiss between the Black Knight & Princess Heart and Shinichi himself acting like Conan several times (such as his greeting towards the Detective Boys and addressing Ran as his older sister). After frequently reading and viewing of the final murder in the chapter, I tend to get a good laugh off Shinichi reanacting the murder by placing his arms around the murderer's girlfriend and Takagi's reaction to it).

It was either volume 30 or 33, but there were a bunch of detectives gathered in a mansion, cut off from the world. There was a spoof of Humfree Bogart (Spelled wrong), I think one was jane Marple and Poirot, there was Hakuba from "Private Eyes Requiem" and more, I think. The chapter was called "The Kaitou Kid Game". IT is my fav.

I like that case too, but Hakuba isn't just from movie 10 (and I heard that his appearance in movie 10 wasn't really him...?), he's from the series "Magic Kaito" in general

My favourite volume is 58* to 60* which was about Mitsomething Rena(The names are really hard to remember) and the Black organization. but i dont know which book it is in so...

i like Volumes 26 and 30 26 because Jimmy git his old body back (but only lasted 4 about 24hrs) and 30 because i like the case: The Kaito Kid game

)

Desperate Revival

The Kaitou Kid Game (It was spelled wrong on the back of the US volume... Haha...)

The Golden Apple

Deja Vu in Chinatown ("Rain?" I'm sure I saw the word "Rain" on one of the episodes...)

No Immunity for the Diplomat (That's the English name. I dunno the Jap. Name)

K3 (Engligh) The 3 K's of Osaka (Jap)

Beware of Idols (English) --- This is the ONLY suicide case I've seen in DC. I wish there were more...

Desperate Revival

The Kaitou Kid Game (It was spelled wrong on the back of the US volume... Haha...)

The Golden Apple

Deja Vu in Chinatown ("Rain?" I'm sure I saw the word "Rain" on one of the episodes...)

No Immunity for the Diplomat (That's the English name. I dunno the Jap. Name)

K3 (Engligh) The 3 K's of Osaka (Jap)

Beware of Idols (English) --- This is the ONLY suicide case I've seen in DC. I wish there were more...

Yah. All of these cases are wonderful.

I like these volumes:

#16: Kaitou Kid and Black Star, Kuroba and Aoko appear!!!! The gem is really beautiful!!!

#26: Shinichi is dating with Ran, so romantic!!!

#59: Wind, forest, fire, moutain!!!!