Detective Conan World
yura.tsuki

Wanna know some good Detective-ish Games?

Okay, I've got some recommendations that are really good for a person who loves conan, puzzles, and mysteries.

First off is Hotel Dusk: Room 215.

>> Explanation from wiki: "The main setting is the fictional Hotel Dusk, a small, somewhat rundown hotel located in the southwestern United States near Los Angeles, California during the year 1979. The protagonist is Kyle Hyde, a former member of the New York Police Department searching for his old partner, Brian Bradley. During his stay at the hotel, Kyle unravels a mystery shrouded in the hotel's past that may lead him to the answers he's looking for."

Second- Professor Layton series!!! (SUPER AWESOME!!)

* the first on is called "Professor Layton and the Curious Village". It's about Professor Layton and his self-proclaimed assistant, Luke, going to a village to solve the mystery behind the Golden Apple left behind by the late Baron of the town. As they venture off into the village, they discover the secrets behind the village, encounter a anti-Layton villian, and solve the secret of the Golden Apple mystery.

* the second one that been recently release is called "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box". This one starts off with Professor Layton and Luke discovering that Dr Schrader has the Elysian Box which is rumored to cause death upon anyone who opens it. Once reaching his office, they find his room ravaged and that he is lying lifeless on the floor. The only thing that they find at the office is a mysterious ticket that leads them to the Molentary Express. As they board the train, they go on an adventure that leads them to Dropstone and a different town known to have a ruling Vampire that is presiding over it. Of course, as the plot thickens, the story will end with an awesome twist!

These are the games I really recommend for the mystery and conan lovers. also, anyone else can recommend more games that come to mind below. Thanks for viewing the thread! XD

I've played the first two volumes of Professor Layton, and I agree - they're awesome... actually, there's a third one that I hope will also be translated, and supposedly a fourth one in the works

yeah, i'm trying to wait the best I can for the next two games to come along. you know that Professor Layton and the Last Time travel has been out in Japan ever since like, 2008? I know! C'mon, stupid english people, translate 'em already!!!! (here's a good preview of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ED_EJwJR4&feature=PlayList&p=CB3B11CC13C871A9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42 and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5pRCq7I6CA )

also, did you know that there's gonna be a Professor Layton movie? It's gonna be soo awesome. XD

yeah, i'm trying to wait the best I can for the next two games to come along. you know that Professor Layton and the Last Time travel has been out in Japan ever since like, 2008? I know! C'mon, stupid english people, translate 'em already!!!! (here's a good preview of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ED_EJwJR4&feature=PlayList&p=CB3B11CC13C871A9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42 and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5pRCq7I6CA )

also, did you know that there's gonna be a Professor Layton movie? It's gonna be soo awesome. XD

I did hear about the movie, and I'm incredibly curious about it... I hope they do it properly!

as for the next game(s) being brought over, I might know at least part of why it's taking so long: I remember reading somewhere that they mixed and matched puzzles in the first two games for the non-Japanese audience... so they're probably working on figuring out what puzzles to include in the next one, and whether they need to write any new ones.

I'm still working through the weekly puzzles from "Diabolical Box" in the mean time ^_^

I did hear about the movie, and I'm incredibly curious about it... I hope they do it properly!

as for the next game(s) being brought over, I might know at least part of why it's taking so long: I remember reading somewhere that they mixed and matched puzzles in the first two games for the non-Japanese audience... so they're probably working on figuring out what puzzles to include in the next one, and whether they need to write any new ones.

I'm still working through the weekly puzzles from "Diabolical Box" in the mean time ^_^

yeah, me too. i still haven't finished some of the weekly puzzles for the first one...for the picture thingy with the frog in it, do you know what's the answer? the hint said to tilt the DS to the side or whatever but i still don't see anything other animal in there. I put in rabbit but it didn't work....

if you don't know what i'm talking about then forget about it. ^^""

i really wanna try the professor layton ones. ><

i found out about it like 3 days ago, at target when we were shopping. XD i wanna try it, but I don't have a DS and none of my friends do.

is it really hard?

not really hard but it does make you think. you should play it though...i don't know how you would without a DS but you should. its super fun. ^^

yeah, me too. i still haven't finished some of the weekly puzzles for the first one...for the picture thingy with the frog in it, do you know what's the answer? the hint said to tilt the DS to the side or whatever but i still don't see anything other animal in there. I put in rabbit but it didn't work....

if you don't know what i'm talking about then forget about it. ^^""

I had to look that one up... I don't remember the answer, but I'll turn on my game to see if I can remember

[edit] okay... I'm gonna give you a hint (but not tell the answer, because that would be cheating!)... turn your DS 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and look at the frog as a whole... it might also help if you hold it at arms length, so you don't see as much detail

[/edit]

I had to look that one up... I don't remember the answer, but I'll turn on my game to see if I can remember

[edit] okay... I'm gonna give you a hint (but not tell the answer, because that would be cheating!)... turn your DS 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and look at the frog as a whole... it might also help if you hold it at arms length, so you don't see as much detail

[/edit]

okay, will do. thanks! i dont' have my DS with me since my friend's borrowing it but i'll do it as soon as i get it back. ♥ u!

its fun right? i got that like a year or two (or whatever) before layton. i've played that like about a hundred times now.... O.O

yeah, I'm enjoying it. I got busy, though, so I had to set it aside... but I have every intention of going back to it ^_^

Isn't there an actual Detective Conan game?? I'm actually looking for one in PS2 ;P

If there are, any tips on which one is better to buy?? And how much do they usually cost?

Isn't there an actual Detective Conan game?? I'm actually looking for one in PS2 ;P

If there are, any tips on which one is better to buy?? And how much do they usually cost?

there are, it's being discussed in a different section of the forums... but to the best of my knowledge none of them have been released in the US

there are, it's being discussed in a different section of the forums... but to the best of my knowledge none of them have been released in the US

Actually, The Mirapolis Investigation for the Wii has been translated to the PAL region, but it hasn't been released in the US yet. Just in English. I recently bought it but can't play it yet, but that's another story. And I'm also looking for the PS2 one on eBay to whoever posted that. It looks really good, I've been wanting it for a long time now.

borrowing Phoenix Wright from a friend... I've been told to play Apollo Justice first, because a lot of the characters are OOC, so if you're not familiar with the series, it won't screw you up quite as much... but I've been doing so much other stuff, that I haven't managed to start playing yet -_-;;;;

borrowing Phoenix Wright from a friend... I've been told to play Apollo Justice first, because a lot of the characters are OOC, so if you're not familiar with the series, it won't screw you up quite as much... but I've been doing so much other stuff, that I haven't managed to start playing yet -_-;;;;

Play Phoenix Wright in order. It's better that way because you actually know the characters and Apollo Justice spoils some parts of the game in it. Then if you like them move on to Ace Attorney investigations. :D

Summing everything up, here is the order they came out in (not sure about AAI though) and how I recommend you play it.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (Last case is the best in the entire series imo)

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (I don't think it's coming out anywhere outside of Japan though.....)

As for what Phoenix Wright is, it is a court game BUT it gets you to o around and investigate then present everything in court while impressing the (very stupid) judge. It is quite funny at times (especially with the more stupid characters/over obsessive characters) but has a good story line to it.

When you play the first case in the first game, it's really easy because it's just letting you get the hang of it, then it gets harder as in a lot harder than Professor Layton when it comes to the last case in each game.

The hardest one I've played would be PW: T&T Case 5. Apparently, even if you have every single answer and everything, it'll still take at least 8-10 HOURS. Yet, the case is so intriguing you don't get bored of it. :) Let me give you some good news, you just have to present evidence etc. you don't actually have to figure out the rest, your character either A) Bluffs it B) Hopes for the best (which always happens thanks to his luck) or C) Actually knows what's going on. :D

So yeah, I'd say Phoenix Wright is close enough to a Detective game. :D

Oops, I went on a rant there. :P

I found a PSP game recently from Type Moon's Fate series titled Fate Extra. It's an RPG about finding out information abbout your opponent before you fight them.

The being your opponents summon as their servant could be any being in history. So you got to find out who that person is, so you know how they fight before hand.

RPG with slight detective element. Lots of fun! xD