Detective Conan World
Forever Lost

Detective Conan Fan Dub Project - Episode 507

Since this is a fandub and it is also a video, I figured it'd go under the Fan Works - Videos section...

Anyway, below is the auditions video. Please, PLEASE Audition if you are interested! You don't have to have any past experience or anything like that. This is a great chance to have fun and fandub a Detective Conan episode :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wO3pfQL800

Please post video responses to that video and let me know if you have any questions!

I would try (I personally would love to), but I don't know how to do that kind of stuff... -.-;;; Wah... My lack of knowledge with techie stuff is pretty sad...

I guess it kinda sounds like fun

if you've listened to the podcasts, you know what I sound like... if you're interested in using my voice, I'll let you choose which character - I can modulate it a little, but going up to Ayumi's range might be a stretch

@Hano: Awesome!

@Misaki-chan: Do you have a webcam with a built-in microphone? You can use that to record... Umm.. let me message you XD

@Southpaw: Okay :D I'll get back to you on that

@Aeyra: Go ahead and pull up episode 507 and just use the subtitles as lines. Like at one point Ran says "You sure know some difficult words" (I think that's how it goes), so you can say that as one of her lines, etc.

@Hano: Awesome!

@Misaki-chan: Do you have a webcam with a built-in microphone? You can use that to record... Umm.. let me message you XD

@Southpaw: Okay :D I'll get back to you on that

@Aeyra: Go ahead and pull up episode 507 and just use the subtitles as lines. Like at one point Ran says "You sure know some difficult words" (I think that's how it goes), so you can say that as one of her lines, etc.

Please do so. And yes, I have a webcam with a built-in microphone. Or rather, I assume I do, seeing how I can use Skype...

Yea... like perhaps introduce us to the various recording devices and application that we can use for the recording? and also, perhaps the application to join those together?

I only have audacity. So it doesnt match my voice to the video. I kinda forgot what I used previously o.O

Well I have a mac.. thus I can use voiceover on the mac using iMovie and sync it at the time. People who don't have macs really only have audacity, and all I can say is try to match .. like watch the video and record *has done this many times* But that's to my knowledge. There's many more and nicer stuff you can use for Windows, so you're not exactly out of luck, I just can't help you there. There's a lot of online tutorial things as well. For windows I think you could basically import the audio file into Windows Movie Maker and add a picture if you don't want to match the voice flaps. That's my job for the final project, which I can do on my editor.. but that's information for later.

Yes, kaichou... yes, please please please audition

Ok! I have decided to try out (since you were so kind, and others too, to explain it to me)! As for what part, I personally don't care, so if there's a particular part you need, just tell me! Of course, I'm limited to female parts, but can change the pitch of my voice rather easily. But I guess I'll try out for Ayumi Conan, Eisuke, Haibara and Ran.

EDIT: I slightly changed who I was trying out because I tried to do all the parts that are being auditioned for and those four are the ones I am good at.

Well I have a mac.. thus I can use voiceover on the mac using iMovie and sync it at the time. People who don't have macs really only have audacity, and all I can say is try to match .. like watch the video and record *has done this many times* But that's to my knowledge. There's many more and nicer stuff you can use for Windows, so you're not exactly out of luck, I just can't help you there. There's a lot of online tutorial things as well. For windows I think you could basically import the audio file into Windows Movie Maker and add a picture if you don't want to match the voice flaps. That's my job for the final project, which I can do on my editor.. but that's information for later.

Do we use your video? Or the actual japanese 507? Or we can cut and incorporate anything we like? hahaha

Uhhmmmmmm

Lesse

1. Awesome! Just an FYI, Ayumi is taken (she was taken from the first time this thing started which was like a year ago so XDD)

2. You can use my video but it probably won't be of much help. You can use the actual one or whatnot, but I'd like for at least most of the lines to be from 507. However for recurring roles, since I'd like to do more episodes, including lines from other episodes/movies/ovas is fine since it could give me a better idea of how your voice could work

3. It'd be best to post the auditions just as a video response to the video I posted on YouTube, but if you so choose you can post it here as well XD

@Karan if you can try out for one of the parts, that'd be great. For all the people who don't want to or can't audition, they can always spread the word to any of their DC fan friends who aren't on DCW. There may be some other things, but I haven't reached that yet, I'm waiting on people to submit auditions.

@conanshinichi LOL You could always ignore his face >3>

You got Mac.... Damn you... Don't buy that #&"!....

Well, recording the voice as an audio file would probably be easiest... In editing the video I might be of some help since i might get Sony Vegas 09 (Maybe not legally) within a week or two...