I got an update from Jd- on the progress

19:39 Jd- Conan & Kindaichi is a fun game--a LOT of work

19:39 Jd- But a fun game

19:39 Chekhov How is that going by the way

19:40 Jd- All of the system data is done

19:40 Jd- All of the buttons/menus/graphics/etc

19:40 Chekhov I figured the text translation is the longest part

19:40 Jd- The script is about 30% finished right now I guess

I am thrilled and eager to see the result. There are four Meitantei Conan games on the DS and I was so desperate to play them that I was ready to try to learn japanese. It's fantastic that one of them finally got to be translated.

I also hope that Aoki Houseki no Rinbu Rondo will be translated one day and the other. I've seen the beginning of all four games and Conan VS Kindaichi and this one seem to be the more interesting games of the four.

ok, so I bought this game from amazon. so I was wondering if (because I own the actual game cartridge) is it legal to play it on an emulator because I own the actual game and there isn't an actual English release for it?

Technically... no. Gamers like to say it is legal to play it via emulation because they "own the game", but still, it's technically not legal.

Will I be able to put it on my R4? Crossing my fingers~

I don't have an answer to that. Maybe someone who can contact the translators will be able to answer that question (I don't have a DCTP account, so all I know is from this thread).

Though R4s are technically illegal, ROMs and emulators are technically illegal, too, so it's really up to DCTP.

I don't have an answer to that. Maybe someone who can contact the translators will be able to answer that question (I don't have a DCTP account, so all I know is from this thread).

Though R4s are technically illegal, ROMs and emulators are technically illegal, too, so it's really up to DCTP.

Yeah, I should find the post on DCTP or something.

I know there was a lawsuit a while ago, but I'm inclined to say I remember it not being 100% illegal? I usually borrow games from my friends, so it's not any different. ahahaha

I hope it is in this format too, because I haate emulators for the DS. It's hard to lay in bed with my laptop like I do with my DS.