Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

The Official London Arc Thread

Talk about The London Arc in here.

Episode 616

Holmes' Revelation: The Great Detective's Disciple

May 21st, 2011

So, folks, the London arc is now upon us!! Hope everything's been looking forward to this as much as I am. :) My full thoughts on the episode will be coming shortly.

Watched it on Youtube just now :D And I loveeee it :] Seeing the actual thing in motion and with voices makes the whole experience even better <3

Love this ep!!!

Kaitou Kiddo:

You didn't have pity, my bad boy

Those were all slendid tricks

If you said you loved me just for amusement

You're playing with fire...!!!

It's always this way

You're all take

You devil devil you you

From who

Was that call from?

With that ring you hid your plans....

I AM NOT AN IDIOT!!!

You better run, run, run, run

I'm not finished with u yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3dsZy03wUE

First off: Hooray for them using actual English-speaking speakers for the roles!! A few of the characters were voiced by ACTUAL English people!! \o/

So far this episode is interesting. I thought Shinichi's reaction to going to England was actually very in-character. The guy is an extreme Holmes fan to the point that he only remembers his Birthday because the date was a very significant one in the Holmes universe. And let's not forget his babbling in the first episode of the entire series. He's obviously an extreme Holmes fan, and his reaction doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The bits where Conan was squeeing to Agasa and Haibara about what he wanted to do there were great.

Looks like Shinichi's terrible job of hiding that he's not actually in England is what's gonna screw him over. :P They might as well put up in a giant neon sign saying, "HE'S GONNA USE THE OTHER PILL ASAP" when Haibara was explaining to him what a bad idea it would be to use that other pill~

The case so far looks interesting. Don't really have any theories as to what's going on just yet. Looking forward to the rest of it!!

I really liked this episode! I'm kind of ashamed to admit this, but when I read the manga, I did not think that Hades was black. When I saw him in this episode, I had to do a double take. I thought to myself, who is that guy? I don't remember him. Then it hit me. Oh! Hades...is black. Haha augh I'm such a loser.

I wish the lovely Takayama-sama could pronounce English words a bit better, since Conan is supposedly fluent, but it doesn't bug me too much.

Aaaaaand... I'm soooooooo excited for the final episode of this arc! The manga arc lasted a while, so we probably won't get there for another month... I'm willing to wait though! XD

First off: Hooray for them using actual English-speaking speakers for the roles!! A few of the characters were voiced by ACTUAL English people!! \o/

So far this episode is interesting. I thought Shinichi's reaction to going to England was actually very in-character. The guy is an extreme Holmes fan to the point that he only remembers his Birthday because the date was a very significant one in the Holmes universe. And let's not forget his babbling in the first episode of the entire series. He's obviously an extreme Holmes fan, and his reaction doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The bits where Conan was squeeing to Agasa and Haibara about what he wanted to do there were great.

Looks like Shinichi's terrible job of hiding that he's not actually in England is what's gonna screw him over. :P They might as well put up in a giant neon sign saying, "HE'S GONNA USE THE OTHER PILL ASAP" when Haibara was explaining to him what a bad idea it would be to use that other pill~

The case so far looks interesting. Don't really have any theories as to what's going on just yet. Looking forward to the rest of it!!

For those of you who've read the manga:

Conan does end up taking his second pill prematurely, after Ran backs him into a corner. However, a familiar character (who initially lurks in disguise) ends up rescuing Conan by providing him a third pill after the resolution of the case.

The evil guy has the most marvelous Cockney accent.

As for Conan's terrible English, I think it's kind of adorable.

Apollo's English is bad, but I can understand what he's saying pretty easily, so, no worries.

I can't wait to see more of it.

duh (no offense)...

I'm not that far in the manga, because I'm reading the VIZ releases, but stuff like that conversation are what we like to call "famous last words" - the best of warnings will make absolutely no difference when the time comes :P

Yeah, the English was very good for DC, it's definitely improved from James Black's first appearance where I actually needed the subtitles to understand his 'English'. It's a rather pleasant suprise...

Oh, and CarpetCrawler, who were the original English speakers? Apart from Hades no of them have accents anywhere near similar to real life, though I suppose an American trying to fake an English accent who has only seen outdated films could possibly have done one of the policemen...

I just can't figure out who the original speakers could be...