Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

The Official London Arc Thread

Did you guys notice the weird texts on the website that Agasa opened regarding to Hades and his aquaintnce along with the heading of the newspaper? Just watched it and I ended up laughing.....

Just finished watching the London arc..and I super loooove it!..haha..after 15 years of waiting for Shinichi's confession in the anime series..it's worth the wait..wanna watch the London arc over and over again..next episode will take plce in Japan and the Detective boys are back!.. :grin:

When Shinichi finally confessed his feelings for Ran, I was so happy. I was cheering rather loudly. But this also makes me sad because if Shinichi confessed his feelings to Ran, then that means that Detective Conan is going to end soon :(.

When Shinichi finally confessed his feelings for Ran, I was so happy. I was cheering rather loudly. But this also makes me sad because if Shinichi confessed his feelings to Ran, then that means that Detective Conan is going to end soon :(.

That's one interpretation.

Naw, DC isn't THAT close to ending. There are so many mysteries in the plot that haven't been solved yet, and there are a bunch of characters that need to be introduced :3

Naw, DC isn't THAT close to ending. There are so many mysteries in the plot that haven't been solved yet, and there are a bunch of characters that need to be introduced :3

*nods

but the confession is really awesome that it made you wanna see the ending that moment!!!!!

London arc was kind of "meh" in my opinion. The quality of the English voice actors really killed the whole "London" vibe for me, as with it was just another not important mystery. Was hoping for a B.O. revelation, something more to do with Yukiko/Yuusaku, etc.

However, if you are a ShinRan fan, I guess this was probably worth fangirl-screaming over - even though Shinichi had a half-assed "confession", not exactly the "I love you" that most fans were probably waiting to hear, so for people who think the series might be over soon, think again: When those three words come out from Shinichi canonically, theeen you should start worrying.

When Shinichi confessed to Ran, I pretty much started crying and screaming, "I LOVE YOU SHINICHI!" I have waited so, SO long for some kind of progress in the ShinRan relationship... I think I'll last the rest of the summer before I demand more progress.

But I think that's coming soon. :twisted:

London arc was kind of "meh" in my opinion. The quality of the English voice actors really killed the whole "London" vibe for me, as with it was just another not important mystery. Was hoping for a B.O. revelation, something more to do with Yukiko/Yuusaku, etc.

I am amazed how picky some can be. DC put forth some of the best effort found in a TV series to have real English(the language)speakers play parts in this arc in order to pull off the whole Japanese tourist in England vibe.

One a slightly diff note. I am sure Ran and Conan's English is supposed to have the Japanese accent. Ran in particular is not even fluent in English so her sounding bad or simple while speaking it makes more sense than if she were to sound like a native English speaker just to sound "good".

One a slightly diff note. I am sure Ran and Conan's English is supposed to have the Japanese accent. Ran in particular is not even fluent in English so her sounding bad or simple while speaking it makes more sense than if she were to sound like a native English speaker just to sound "good".

I still think Conan's English should be better than Ran's

I am amazed how picky some can be. DC put forth some of the best effort found in a TV series to have real English(the language)speakers play parts in this arc in order to pull off the whole Japanese tourist in England vibe.

I have high standards for a high quality show like DC, of course I'm going to be picky when the anime falters. Detective Conan had extremely good American voice actors during that one soccer player case (Ray) where he was busted for killing someone and steroids.

I mean, I can understand Ran and Kogorou sucking at English, and the capabilities of Conan's seiyuu not being able to speak English well, but besides the culprit, everyone's accents could have been much better...The entire Glass family, their native tongue is English, so why do they suck?

• Upvote 1

Ranger: The problem is that the anime, believe it or not, SLOWED DOWN the voices of the English actors so that the Japanese audience could have time to comprehend what was being said. The English by the English actors was not bad, just slowed down.

RE: Shinichi's half-assed confession. Agreed 100%. Gosho did it to shut up the fans who wanted SOMETHING to happen between the two. Either way I think that'll make Ran feel better about him not being around, despite what Haibara thinks.

The entire Glass family, their native tongue is English, so why do they suck?

The voice of Minerva is a bilingual actress that was raised in California. Why she sucks might be just because you don't like the how she did the character.

Apollo Glass is not voiced by a bilingual speaker but keeping in mind he was in Japan long enough to learn Japanese well, given his age it would be likely his Japanese would be better than his English. It is still better than most characters on the show who are Japanese and just know English as a second language.

Juno, the mother, is voice by クリリテルチアリ(Christelle Ciari). Speaking English is not a problem but the amount of English spoken and the slow down for the Japanese audience probably is what is bothering you about the performance.

Edited by FunimationFails
  • Upvote 1