Detective Conan World

OK So I've gone to the blog where Justwantanaccount found the reports about the meeting held last year and I think that this person also attended the meeting this year as well.

I've found 2 entries that I think are relevant to the Q&As:

Link 1 (posted on 2013.1.4)

Link 2 (posted on 2013.1.5)

Well, since my Japanese is very limited I don't think I can translate it this time. But judging from the content, I don't think that he/she knows more than what we know so far though. But who knows ? And we should need a source from the Japanese fans as well, even though it isn't very detailed and is also informal.

AND PLEASE CHECK THAT BLOG AGAIN TO MAKE SURE THAT I DIDN'T MISS ANY IMPORTANT ENTRY !!! And maybe we should have this site bookmarked so we can come back next year...

• Upvote 3

I’ll try to translate something, but it’s mostly unimportant / already known stuff:

beginning is stuff about him going to meet Gōshō, about the weather etc.

・20周年では大きな組織編をしたい。

I want to make a big case with the OB for the 20th anniversary. (he may mean he wants to make a whole volume about it)

・安室はボクシングをしている。

Amuro is doing boxing.

・新一と快斗が似ている理由、裏設定はあるが、描かないかも?

The resemblance between Shin’ichi and Kaitō has a reason, but I may not draw it.

everything else either was already known or I didn’t understand it… guess I’ll just paste what I didn’t understand:

・由良駅をコナン駅にしたいという話がある。

something about making Yura Station into Conan Station…? O_o

・コミックのおまけ(探偵図鑑等)は大変。

something about drawing extras being troublesome?

毎シリーズに登場するゲストキャラ(旗本一家など)の再登場はないのですか?→容疑者役じゃないけど、次の新シリーズに懐かしい人が登場。

something about guest characters, I don’t get it

• Upvote 2

・安室はボクシングをしている。

Amuro is doing boxing.

So it's Jeet Kun Do vs. boxing? I wonder if Akai does Jeet Kun Do as well?

・由良駅をコナン駅にしたいという話がある。

something about making Yuzura Station into Conan Station…? O_o

Yura Station (由良駅 Yura-eki) is a railway station located in Tottori Prefecture.

In Germany, Magic Kaito is currently rereleased as the "Treasured Editions" (just without the DVDs).

The final part of every volume (three so far, the fourth being published in March) contains pretty interesting background information about the MK chapters. Here are my translations of them for the English speaking community.

Please tell me whether there are bad mistakes in the text or something else.

Nevertheless, have fun reading!

Volume 1

Hello, it's me, Aoyama.

In the course of the republication of Magic Kaito I take the liberty to show my memories of this time straightforwardly. (grin)

The Revived Phantom Thief

The memorable first chapter! Actually I became a Mangaka because I wanted to write about a high school phantom (grin) and so I drew it under great tension! Well and back then I was short of money which is the reason why his hatband around his tophat isn't shaded with screen tone...

The Police Are Everywhere

The original title „Keikan ga ippai” referred to a movie... „Taiyou ga ippai”, a movie with Alain Delon („Purple Noon”). Detective Doron is an allusion, too, because „Delon” is written as „Doron” in Japan. (grin) By the way! The words „When you bend them, they...” Kaito announces the light-emitting diode were literally written on the package of one of those things I purchased on a public festival as a kid. (grin) Appearantly they're actually known as „glow stick”.

The Clockwork Heart

A science-fiction-thriller! A rarity for Kaito (grin). I recall that I perceived it as really exhausting to draw all the parts of the robot and that I had no computer, so that I had to write Kaito's farewell letter by hand (Haha!). By the way! In the panel the robot says „I'm Kuroba Kaito... Haha!!” Kaito's pupils look kinda strange (?). There I mimicked Akemi Matsunae of which I was a big fan back then. (grin)

Kaitou Kid's Busy Day Off

Back then, the 3D movie „Captain EO” starring Michael Jackson was being played in cinemas and has been satirized in this chapter, although I never thought 3D movies could have been revived because of „Avatar”... (grin) By the way! When I read the closing scene today I think that the phrase „But, ice cream... still tastes great!” is my most embarrassing quote ever (grin).

The Pirate Ship Unsurfaced

A sea adventure with Kaito? This is a rarity, too! (grin) I can't remember at all why I wanted to draw this story, but maybe I wanted a confrontation between a thief from the mainland and a thief of the seas...? (Ha!) Well, and so Kaito brought his costume of Kaitou Kid even to this place...?! (grin)

The Scarlet Temptress

There she is! Mistress Akako! To be honest, she, as practitioner of black magic, is the reason who drove me into the corner the most during Kaitos appearances in Conan. Well, you just have to accept these works as parallel universes. (grin) By the way, Kaito Kuroba is written on the handkerchief, this probably was a prank done by his mom (Chikage)... (grin)

Aoyama Kid ♥

Volume 2

Stay Away From Him

Although it's more of a romantic tale than a thief story I really like this one ♥ Especially the panel with „Well, excuse me for being an idiot...“ is a real gem, because of how often I had to redraw it! (laughs) Additionally, Superman and Top Gun appear... which is according to my taste! It's also revealed in this story that Aoko is flat-chested. (laughs)

Japan's Most Irresponsible Prime Minister

A story I used one of my then-favourite actors Hitoshi Ueki, who has passed away in the meantime, as model! I also dared to use the Japanese prime minister - this was probably really audacious... And then characters appear who look like the past leaders of the USSR and the USA, Gorbachev and Reagan... (sweating). By the way, did anyone notice the „Akako balloon“ in the night sky? (laughs)

I Am the Master!

This story was purely written because I felt like it! Anyway, I really wanted to draw how Kaitou Kid makes a balls to the wall ride down the facade of a building... (laughs). I would be nice if they one day made an Anime out of it ♫ Oh well, even if Cleopatra's Vanity case should really exist, two thousand years later one probably couldn't use it anymore... (laughs)

Would You Grow Up

If I remember correctly, the hang-glider associated with Kaitou Kid lifted the first time in this story. Well, one could also say that Kaitou Kid could have fled from the get-go with it, instead of stretching a rope to the Tokyo Tower first (laughs). I'd really like to bring the motorized roller skates again.

The Boy Who Bet on the Ball

It has also been really daring to take real professional baseball player as a model... (laughs). I think the story was created after I talked with my editor in charge about how thrilling it would be if Kaitou Kid appeared on a pole in Tokyo Dome. Well, the Yomiuri Giants are working together with Conan in several ways anyway, so I hope they can turn a blind eye to this... (fierce laughter)

Ghost Game

If I remember correctly, I was frantically busy because I had to draw „Tantei George no Minimini Daisa-kusen“ („Detective George's Mini-Mini Big Strategy“) three weeks in a row for the Sunday magazine, so I finished this chapter in a very short time... (laughs). Directly afterwards my series „Yaiba“ started, because of which „Magic Kaito“ had to pause for a while. Hard to believe that the series is continued until today...! (laughs)

Hustler vs. Magician

Originally this was the true second chapter of „Magic Kaito“! But... it was rejected! Since my debut in „Sunday“ there was never a story before or after it that was rejected. It's real luck that it made it into this volume! (laughs)

Omake

„Magic Kaito“ was the first Manga I was allowed to publish as a Mangaka, which could be the reason I drew this story with zest and high motivation... Oh well, this probably was my youthful enthusiasm... (laughs)

Aoyama Kid ♥

Volume 3

Star Wars

The first „Magic Kaito“ story I drew in the Heisei era (since 1989 -editor's note). There are several stories in which someone tries to gain profit from using a false Kid, but this is the shining first one! At the crime scene Kid announced a lot of Kid fans have assembled and shout "Kid! Kid!". Pretty clever idea, huh? Because this has developed to a classical element until today.

The Great Detective Appears!!

Entrance of Saguru Hakuba! No, not only that, the chief inspector also shows his face...! Perhaps the junior was just worried because the top policeman never appears at the crime scene? (grin)

By the way, Kid is so bad at ice skating because I'm so lousy in it myself.

Kaitou Under Scrutiny

The skirt of Aoko's school uniform is so long and Kid's television is so big! From this you can tell the time! (Haha!) Apropos, the newspaper appearing on the last page is called „Oshima Daily Paper“ in the original version. Most of the newspapers shown in „Magic Kaito“ were named after my then editors. I beg your pardon. (grin)

Akako's Delivery Service

Kaitou Kids measurements, 1.74 m (~ 5'9") and 58 kg (~ 128 lbs), naturally are my measurements from back then! The same goes for his blood type! (grin) Back then I thought it's really cool that it's possible to figure out skin colour and age of a person just by a single hair, but today, with DNA analysis you can figure out the whole identity of the person the hair belongs to. The progress of science is frightening... (Haha!)

(Extra Chapter) Yaiba vs. Kaito!

I was told to draw a short, self-contained story and this dream sequence is the result. Back when I was a kid I already loved collaborations like „Mazinger Z vs. Devilman“, so I wanted to draw something like this. This is also the reason Kaitou Kid appears in Conan... (grin)

Blue Birthday

The first time the gem Kaitou is after is the name origin for the title! Because this was the first „Magic Kaito“ after a very long time I debuted Kaitou Kid's arch-enemy and I can remember how much this motivated me... but it's also a story about a nightly firework in the midst of the city which must have made a lot of trouble in the surroundings... (grin)

Green Dream

Oh well, this story is nothing special, but to be honest, it's this story which grew dear to my heart. (grin) What should I say about it? The rhythm is felicitous. This story was the first time I drew Kid's „signature“ we've grown so accustomed to. You can also tell from the name of one of the persons appearing that I really loved „Furuhata Ninzaburō“ back then - a japanese police detective drama.

Aoyama Kid ♥

-- The PLAYBACK EPISODE from volume 4 will be added soon! --

------

A word from myself:

This quote

To be honest, she, as practitioner of black magic, is the reason who drove me into the corner the most during Kaitos appearances in Conan. Well, you just have to accept these works as parallel universes. (grin)

and the explanation about the "Yaiba vs. Kaito!" bonus chapter should also finally clarify that the canonicity all of Aoyama's crossovers should be taken with a pinch of salt, which, together with his recent statement of Kaitou Kid probably not appearing again in the Black Organization main plot of DC, is the most solid evidence against the "Merging storylines" theory.

I wouldn't completely rule out an important part for Kaitou Kid in later chapters, but I doubt the two works will mesh and/or end together - sorry.

• Upvote 2

File 865 Shounen Sunday Special Booklet

This info is on DCTP here and is split between the cbox and a special page. Since in its current form it is likely to be disarrayed, I have organized the text here. Credit goes to the translators which include Fujiwara, Zenthisoror, and Wakarimashita.

pg1 Cover

pg2 Index and announcements

pg3 Conan

pg4 Ran and Kogoro

pg5 Haibara and the Detective Boys

pg6 Kaitou Kid and Hattori Heiji

pg7 Okiya and Sera

pg8 Gin and Vodka

pg9 Chianti and Korn

pg10 Vermouth and Amuro

pg11 Extra! Kurogane Yaiba

pg12 Special Interview part 1

pg13 Special Interview part 2

pg14 Special Kaitou Kid Commentary part 1

pg15 Special Kaitou Kid Commentary part 2

pg16 Special Kaitou Kid Commentary part 3

pg17 A lesson in drawing Conan

pg18 A lesson in drawing Conan

pg19 A lesson in drawing Conan

Character Sections

Conan

Hairstyle: Took 1 minute, got Yaiba's hair and made it smoother.

Added Mahoutsukai Sally's little brother Kabu's apostrophe.

The way he drew the back of the hair came from Adachi Maru's main character of Nijiiro Tougarashi (Rainbow Chilli Peppers) Shichimi...

Fashion: Essentially, 753 wear, i.e. when you're little at ages 7. 5 and 3, when these formal photos get taken,

Gosho's 753 photos have him in bow tie and shorts. :P

He tries to keep gadgets to what Conan can wear...but he's run out of ideas of late...

Glasses: Gosho likes Superman.

And when Clark Kent was hiding his identity, he wore glasses.

So when he wrote Ai and Conan's conversation in vol 24, it was like a long held in secret was getting out.

Speaking Habits:

Rough but kinda cool, inspired maybe by Joe from Tomorrow's Joe Barooo, and other habits might have aspects of Touch in them as well.

Ran

Ran's concept: "Saying Ran's perfect is probably saying too much, but she's someone you'd want to have on your side. She's can fight and is a diligent student and can cook really well. And she's always waiting for Shinichi. Her only weakness is her fear of ghosts. I wanted to draw a girl that is strong in many ways, as I had never done so before."

Kogoro

Gosho thought that a mystery type story would end pretty quickly so he originally dsigned Mouri like a thinner version of Nakamori. But then he was told that they were too similar, so he changed his hairstyle and his moustache... When both Nakamori and Mouri appeared in the same case there was a lot of thought over which one ought to be taller. On that front, Mouri is supposed to be taller. He made him a detective instead of a police officer because he thought that was easier to manage, He knows about policemen and he knows about cases. It makes things a lot easier... Oh sorry, I meant, the reason for the backstory about why he switched from an officer to a detective...it makes being a private detective easier for Mouri. Also, his face is familiar to a lot of the officers.

Haibara

Haibara's concept: Gosho had planned to introduce ex-BO member Haibara from the start, even though her introduction was later than planned. As for her character, he wanted a tsundere character who's the opposite of Ran. Even though Haibara doesn't have much deer. But that's how he likes her. (laughs)

Detective Boys

Zenthisoror: The original concept of the three Detective Boys was to enable Haibara to hide amongst them! Basically, they provided the hiding place for Haibara. Gosho wanted a fat one, a thin and snarky one, and a cute little girl. They're obviously inspired from Doraemon but the personalities of all three are very different from their Doraemon counterparts. Especially because Conan's very different from Nobita-kun (hahaha, you could say that again) You could say that the three DB kids together are all Nobita-kun, all shouting, "Help us, Conan!" Genta's family run a bar/pub. Mitsuhiko's parents are both teachers. Mitsuhiko's sister is also a teacher. Ayumi's family he's not so sure...they live in a flat modelled on the one Gosho used to live in...so probably not the average salaryman...

Kaitou Kid

Heiji

Okiya

Hairstyle is Char Aznable from Gundam crossed with Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile, which Gosho was really into at that time. It's the part of Chiaki's hairstyle where it's sticking up all over the place from how he sleeps that he added to Okiya. His identity: Is a SECRET. People might have already figured it out, but he'll leave it to our imaginations (some of the page has been cut off)

Sera

In the detective koushien case, the female detective despite being the culprit ended up being so popular that there was a demand for this character but it was impossible since she was the culprit so Aoyama created... Sera.

Gin

Gin's about the hat and the hair. There wasn't much deep thought behind his design. Just that he had some kind of high leadership position in the Organisation, but as Conan continued and looked as though it would get longer his character development got more complicated. 'The Aesthetics of a Killer' He drives a Porsche 356A and carries a Beretta M 1934, so he's very particular about his tastes. But being particular makes a character cooler? (ahaha)

Vodka

And Vodka is Gin's Watson...and what his eyes are like, Gosho will leave to the readers' imagination...

Chianti

Concept; A character who wouldn't go around sucking up to Gin. He [Gosho] thought the swallowtail butterfly tattoo was cool. He [Gosho] thought a lot about her development and some one liners, like 'When my butterfly flaps its wings, people die'. But snipers keep both eyes open to shoot, so that one liner went down the drain. Her speech habits are supposed to make her seem a bit sexual.

Korn

Concept: Silent, unsophisticated, and a bit of a wierdo...he's got skills though. Things are more fun with characters like these, aren't they? He's designed so that he looks like nobody else in the Organisation. He's got skills as a sniper though! The only person better than him at sniping, including Chianti, is Akai. If he's alive (hahaha) He hates Vermouth. For letting Calvados, a fellow sniper, die. It's not like there was anything particularly special about the relationship between Calvados and Korn. It's probably just that as one sniper looking out for another sniper, he can't forgive her...  Fundamentally all members of the organisation with code names are supposed to be at the same level, so Korn's supposed to be at the same rank as Gin. It just happened this time that when they chanced to form a team Gin came out as the most leader-like of all them.

Vermouth

She's the bad side of Fujiko Mine, the good side being Yukiko. Yukiko has Fujiko's hair-style. Both Vermouth and Yukiko have this middle hair-line too. Both hard to draw. It was difficult during the Train Arc because they both had a lot of panels given to them. But it was fun and the result was a success. Leaving aside their standing inside the BO, Vermouth used to like Gin in the past, I'd say. She also had a profound relationship with Gin... However, since Gin isn't the type to fall in love with another person, all this came from Vermouth's side.

Amuro

A character who's neither Akai, neither Okiya. First character with dark skin and blond hair. A long time ago there was the character Jewell (?) in Yaiba though. The cutting and adjusting of the frames was difficult because of the white hair but digital drawing makes it easier.

Q&A

Question 1: Did Heiji make Conan drink Paikaru knowing what it would do to him!?

A: It was all a happy coincidence and the rest is internet conspiracy theory...

2. A message came to Sera from her brother about whether she had met the wizard yet...was that from 'Shuu-nii'?

A: But Sera-chan said that 'Shuu-nii was dead' didn't she? In which case (smile)...

3. Sera seems to have met Conan before, but was that when Conan was Conan or Conan was Shinichi?

A: I can't give too many details, but Ran has met her too...

4. (Translated by Conan#1) Why did Conan tell Miyano Akemi his true identity? Any reason?

A: Because Conan thinks that person is going to die anyway. What if

Akemi is taken to the hospital and brought back to life in a miracle!!!

(smile)

5. The APTX4869 - it can shrink people as a side effect, so what's it actually supposed to do? Tell us!

A: Er...sorry, I can't say...

6. Apart from Conan and Haibara, are there any others who took the poison and ended up shrinking?

A: Who knows...maybe another one will turn up some time... (laughter)

7. In order to complete the silver bullet, why did Haibara have to separate from her parents?

A: I'm afraid I can't answer that either...But that will be answered eventually! So bear that in mind...

8. Will Itakura's software become important at some point in the future?

A: Well, I took the trouble of introducing it to the plot, so it must become important at some point...

9. Also, any hint as to what sort of thing it was...

A: Ahahahaha! Just remember it! Please keep it in mind!!

10. Gin and Vodka wear suits even in the summer...is there some secret

as to how they manage to get by!? Normal people would find it too hot to

cope...

A: Because wouldn't Gin in just his shirt be a bit funny?

Yeah...these characters are among the ones that are a bit difficult to

write in the summer...Gin, Vodka, Chianti and Korn all wear a lot of

layers...

Drawing them becomes a bit of a drag...

Fundamentally, all men in black are a bit of a drag to draw!

Vermouth, I just want to say, "Please no more!" (laughs)

11. In Akemi's mail to Akai Shuuichi that went 'If we could both get out of the Organisation...' what was in the PS?

A: That's an important point! I'll be bringing that up in the story later!

12. One last thing...could you tell us the identity of the Boss of the BO?

A: Wahahahaha! Alright, I'll let you in on the secret...It's actually...

Interviewer: Whaaaaat!!! Answering these rather harsh questions in such a

playful manner within his busy schedule, that was Aoyama Gosho!

(Note: Gosho did not actually say the name to the interviewer. This is a joke)

Thank you very much!!

Art section

• Upvote 4

Wait, how can Mitsuhiko's sister also be a teacher? Isn't she only 17? Unless Gosho really means "future teacher" or that she took up family tutor as a part-time job...

Thanks for organizing and posting the translations by the way! 

In response to the interview Chekhov posted yesterday:  Brilliant!  Thanks.

So I guess it is now confirmed that Sera has met Ran and Kudo (in some form) before?

Maybe I'm being really dumb, but can someone more fluent in korean help me source this interview?

http://blog.daum.net/wndltj/24

It says 88 questions. Which one was this?  :huh:

1.하이바라는 코난을 좋아해요?

아오야마: 초장부터 그질문을 해요 ?!

2.아카이슈이치와 미야노아케미랑 애인사이 인가요?

아오야마:깜짝(웃음)

(레아: 애인 맞지요~)

3.후사에캠벨 키노시타는 다시 등장하나요?

아오야마:등장시키고 싶어요 목소리가 후지코니깐

(레아:아가사박사님의 첫사랑 이야기 임니다 )

4.아가사박사와 후사에씨는언제 결혼 하나요?

아오야마: 그렇군요 결혼 하는군요 )

(레아: 이건 아마도 편집장한테의 농담이죠 ㅋㅋ)

5.워커는 바보인가요?

아오야마: 그럴지도 (웃음)

6.키드를 왜 코난의 라이벌로 삼는것은 왜지요?

아오야마:도둑이고 재미있으니깐

7.키드와 신이치는 친척인가요?

(레아:신이치아버지와 카이토의 아버지와는 아는사이긴하나 라이벌 상대라죠)

8.란과 쿄고쿠씨는 어느 유파의 가라데를 하고 있나요?

아오야마:역시 극진이겟죠...

9,미야노 아케미와 누마부치 키이치로의 암호명은 뭐지요?

아오야마: 있었나?

(레아:한마디로 정하지 않았다는거 )

10.코난의 눈물은 라스트에서 볼수있나요

아오야마:깜짝 (웃음)

(레아: 다 웃음으로 때우네 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

11.코난이 머리뒤로 깍지 끼고 걷는것은 아오야마선생님의 버릇인가요

아오야마:아뇨 만화영화에서 하길레 괜찬다 싶어서....

12코난의 아이큐는 얼마인가요

아오야마:글쎄요... 높지않을까요 외외로 평범할지도

13.시라토리는 재벌가 도련님인데 약혼자 없나요?

아오야마:있으면 웃길까?

14.진과 워커는 왜항상 겨울에 등장하죠?

아오야마:저코트 차림에는 여름에 덥겟죠(웃음)

15.진은 어떤 담배를 피나요?

아오야마 저거요

(레아:사진이 잘안보여요 ........... 담배갑이 좀 작은디)

17.진은잡히나요? 가능하면 잡히는장면은 보고싶지않아요

아오야마:어떨가요 답하기 힘드네요

18.진은 왠지 불쌍해요

아오야마:어디가?

19.진은 외로운 사람이죠?

아오야마:넷? 어째서?? 왜?

20.신이치란 이름의 유래는

아오야마:팬들사이에서는 에드가 알란포의 이름을 일본식으로 고친말이 있지요

21.란의 단짝 소노코같은친구가 신이치에겐 없나요?

아오야마:있다고 해도 신이치가 안나오면 등장하기 힘들죠

22.선생님은 결혼하셧는데 타카기와 사토는 아직인가요?

아오야마:조금만 기다리세요

(약1년전에 헤어지셧죠)

23.사토형사는 결혼하면 퇴직하나요? 아니면 다른부로 이동하나요?

아오야마:형사일을 좋아하는거같은데

24.경찰청엔 타카키팬없나요??

아오야마:있길원해요??

25.타카기형사는 사토형사에게 반햇나요?

아오야마:그럴지도

(이제 사기고 있다죠)

26.타카기형사의 모델이 있다면 소개시켜주세요

아오야마:없어요

27.치바형사의 이름을 가르쳐주세요

아오야마:담당성우는 잇씨니깐 그걸지도

28.헤이지의 어릴적이야기도 읽고싶어요

아오야마:나도 읽고싶군요

생략하겟습니다 별로 중요한 내용이 아니기 때문에

베르무트에게 펜레터 보내고싶어요 어디에 살아요 란 질문의 고쇼님대답은 소년선대이 편집부? 웃는걸로 마무리

41.싸움을 해도 미나미씨의 목소리는 코난인가요

아오야마:그렇네요(웃음)

생략

47번 매직퀘두4권은 언제나오나요

아오야마:내고싶어요 !!!

나왔죠 우리나라에는 10월달에 발매

48영화의 설정(에리는 요리못하는것 모리코고로는 고소공포증)원작과 똑같나요?

아오야마:고소공포증은 모르겠지만..다른건 그래요

49.조직의 코드네임은 어떻게 결정햇나요?

아오야마:술에대한 책을 보면서.. 이제 그다지 남아있지않아요(웃음)

50.여성탐정은 않나오나요?

아오야마: 등장시키지 못할 이유 없지만.....

51.매직퀘두는 언제그려주실껀가요

아오야마: 편집장님~!!!

(나왔지요~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ10월달 발매)

52.유키코가 변장술을 배운 마술사는 토이치죠?

아오야마: 깜짝(웃음)

53.란이불쌍하니 빨리원모습으로 돌아가길 바라지만 그러면 연재는끝나버리니 무슨수없나요

아오야마: 에엑~~~?!

54에리가 기르는 고로는 선생님의 카이토 모델이죠

아오야마 :(웃음)

고쇼님의 고양이이름이죠 카이토 ㅋㅋㅋ 괴도키드 본명 쿠로바 카이토는 고쇼님고양이에서 따왔습니다

55.검은조직과 대결은 언제 코난이 이기겟죠

아오야마:응원해주세요!!

56.란에게 호위를 품고 신이치를 위협할 새캐릭터는 이제 않나오나요?

아오야마:혼도에이스케가 그랬지만 두고보죠

57.신이치와 란의 어릴적이야기는 아직 그리지 않았나요?

아오야마:영화에서 했으니깐 마음이 내키면요

58.나도 바이칼 마시면 커질까요

아오야마:안커져요!!!

59.사실 검은조직보스는 선생님이시죠?

한마디로 검은조직의 보스는 아오야마고쇼님일지도 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

60.수사1과의 과장은 않나오나요??

마츠모토경시가 아닐까요?

61.코난은 자기주변에서 사건이 많은것을 어떻게 생각하나요?

아오야마:이상하다고 생각하기 시작했을검니다 (웃음)

62.원작에서 쿄토를 무대로 해주세요

그럼취재하러 가야겟군요

63.캐릭터이름 생각하기 힘들지 않나요?

아오야마:꽤 재미있어요.

64.런던편아직인가요

(햇잔아 6기)

65.진과 완전히 뚜껑열린란 거리에서 만나고 싶지 않은 사람은 누구인가요?

아오야마:완전히 뚜껑열린 란!!!!

66.행복하세요?

67.가장 그리기 힘든캐릭터 누구인가요

아오야마:유키코와 에리인가 그 헤어스타일이 ....

68.선생님이 가장마음에 드는캐릭은?

유키코와 에리

69.어둠의 남작시리즈를 실제로 발매되면 좋겟다고 생각하나요?

아오야마: 정말이요 내주세요 !!!!

70.선생님이 좋아하는말은?

쾌도난마와 신출귀몰

71.캐릭터중에 애인으로 한다면?

아오야마:유키코일까? 아저씨일까?

72.가장마음에 드는장면은?

아오야마:버스납치사건 도망가지말라고 코난이 하이바라 에게 햇던말

73.좋아하는 탐정도구는

아오야마:킥파워 증강슈즈 그리면 속이 후련해진다.

74.하루만 코난의 등장인물이 될수있다면 누가 되어 무얼한건가요?

아오야마:코고로가 되어서 잘겁니다.

75.언제추리소설을 읽나요?

아오야마:원고를 넘긴 후나 자기전에 조금씩

(역시 고쇼님이셔 +_+ )

76.앞으로 몇 년이나 연재될까요?

아오야마:몇년이 좋아요??

77.취재로 오사카간모양인데 인상은

아오야마:음식이 맛있는 도시

78.어떻게해도 아이디어가 안떠오르면 어떻하나요?

아오야마:잡니다

(오 고쇼님은 그냥 자는구나 ㅡㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

79.카이토는 잡업장에 있나요

아오야마:자택이지만 가끔아내와 놀러옴니다.

생략

87캐릭터투표 (선대이50호)선생님은 누구에게 투표하실레요?

아오야마:아내가 무서우니 코난으로 부탁해요~

88.이상적은 여성타입 말씀해주세요?

아오야마:후지코(웃음)

슈퍼 디제이트북 수록

Maybe I'm being really dumb, but can someone more fluent in korean help me source this interview?

1.하이바라는 코난을 좋아해요?

3.후사에캠벨 키노시타는 다시 등장하나요?

4.아가사박사와 후사에씨는언제 결혼 하나요?

5.워커는 바보인가요?

7.키드와 신이치는 친척인가요?

10.코난의 눈물은 라스트에서 볼수있나요

12코난의 아이큐는 얼마인가요

14.진과 워커는 왜항상 겨울에 등장하죠?

15.진은 어떤 담배를 피나요?

아오야마 저거요

18.진은 왠지 불쌍해요

19.진은 외로운 사람이죠?

20.신이치란 이름의 유래는

(약1년전에 헤어지셧죠)

24.경찰청엔 타카키팬없나요??

25.타카기형사는 사토형사에게 반햇나요?

(이제 사기고 있다죠)

27.치바형사의 이름을 가르쳐주세요

28.헤이지의 어릴적이야기도 읽고싶어요

생략

47번 매직퀘두4권은 언제나오나요

나왔죠 우리나라에는 10월달에 발매

49.조직의 코드네임은 어떻게 결정햇나요?

50.여성탐정은 않나오나요?

51.매직퀘두는 언제그려주실껀가요

(나왔지요~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ10월달 발매)

55.검은조직과 대결은 언제 코난이 이기겟죠

58.나도 바이칼 마시면 커질까요

59.사실 검은조직보스는 선생님이시죠?

60.수사1과의 과장은 않나오나요??

마츠모토경시가 아닐까요?

62.원작에서 쿄토를 무대로 해주세요

그럼취재하러 가야겟군요

63.캐릭터이름 생각하기 힘들지 않나요?

64.런던편아직인가요

(햇잔아 6기)

66.행복하세요?

67.가장 그리기 힘든캐릭터 누구인가요

68.선생님이 가장마음에 드는캐릭은?

유키코와 에리

70.선생님이 좋아하는말은?

쾌도난마와 신출귀몰

71.캐릭터중에 애인으로 한다면?

72.가장마음에 드는장면은?

73.좋아하는 탐정도구는

75.언제추리소설을 읽나요?

(역시 고쇼님이셔 +_+ )

76.앞으로 몇 년이나 연재될까요?

77.취재로 오사카간모양인데 인상은

(오 고쇼님은 그냥 자는구나 ㅡㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

79.카이토는 잡업장에 있나요

생략

88.이상적은 여성타입 말씀해주세요?

슈퍼 디제이트북 수록

I don't know. It could be one of the ones on the list of known interviews we don't have text for or it could be one that was forgotten. It seems like it is one from a book or other written format.

1.하이바라는 코난을 좋아해요?

3.후사에캠벨 키노시타는 다시 등장하나요?

4.아가사박사와 후사에씨는언제 결혼 하나요?

5.워커는 바보인가요?

7.키드와 신이치는 친척인가요?

10.코난의 눈물은 라스트에서 볼수있나요

12코난의 아이큐는 얼마인가요

14.진과 워커는 왜항상 겨울에 등장하죠?

15.진은 어떤 담배를 피나요?

아오야마 저거요

18.진은 왠지 불쌍해요

19.진은 외로운 사람이죠?

20.신이치란 이름의 유래는

(약1년전에 헤어지셧죠)

24.경찰청엔 타카키팬없나요??

25.타카기형사는 사토형사에게 반햇나요?

(이제 사기고 있다죠)

27.치바형사의 이름을 가르쳐주세요

28.헤이지의 어릴적이야기도 읽고싶어요

생략

47번 매직퀘두4권은 언제나오나요

나왔죠 우리나라에는 10월달에 발매

49.조직의 코드네임은 어떻게 결정햇나요?

50.여성탐정은 않나오나요?

51.매직퀘두는 언제그려주실껀가요

(나왔지요~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ10월달 발매)

55.검은조직과 대결은 언제 코난이 이기겟죠

58.나도 바이칼 마시면 커질까요

59.사실 검은조직보스는 선생님이시죠?

60.수사1과의 과장은 않나오나요??

마츠모토경시가 아닐까요?

62.원작에서 쿄토를 무대로 해주세요

그럼취재하러 가야겟군요

63.캐릭터이름 생각하기 힘들지 않나요?

64.런던편아직인가요

(햇잔아 6기)

66.행복하세요?

67.가장 그리기 힘든캐릭터 누구인가요

68.선생님이 가장마음에 드는캐릭은?

유키코와 에리

70.선생님이 좋아하는말은?

쾌도난마와 신출귀몰

71.캐릭터중에 애인으로 한다면?

72.가장마음에 드는장면은?

73.좋아하는 탐정도구는

75.언제추리소설을 읽나요?

(역시 고쇼님이셔 +_+ )

76.앞으로 몇 년이나 연재될까요?

77.취재로 오사카간모양인데 인상은

(오 고쇼님은 그냥 자는구나 ㅡㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

79.카이토는 잡업장에 있나요

생략

88.이상적은 여성타입 말씀해주세요?

슈퍼 디제이트북 수록

On the bottom, it says in Korean that its from the Super Digest Book. If no one else translated this, maybe I can? My Korean isn't that great though....

• Upvote 1

On the bottom, it says in Korean that its from the Super Digest Book. If no one else translated this, maybe I can? My Korean isn't that great though....

Go for it! The only interviews we have from a super digest book is this, which is certainly less than 88 questions. http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/530-detective-conan-super-digest-book/?p=15277

Some reports about "Let's talk with Aoyama Gosho-sensei day 2014"

Source: http://weibo.com/p/1005051635084282 (柯南动态); alternate link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2796474978

Of course, since this is fan report as usual (and it's in Chinese too), the accuracy may not be 100%, so believe them at your own risk!

So here it is:

【情报第一波】由美和佐藤警官是高中时代的好友!苗子身上会有大事件发生!

Yumi and Sato has been good friends since high school. There will be a major case/incident involving Neako!

【第二波】有人问和叶和小兰谁胸部大谁胸部小~大叔说和叶的胸部比兰要小!!

Someone asked between Kazuha and Ran, who has... bigger breasts; Gosho said Kazuha's are smaller than Ran's!!

【第三波】安室透幼年时候的描绘,安室透黑色皮肤的意义,安室透不擅长的秘密(73:讨厌纳豆么?)Gin对吃的东西没什么喜欢不喜欢的呢~安室透爱吸烟~~

There will be a depiction of Amuro's childhood [bD note: This part doesn't appear in any other sources other than the original Tweet]; the meaning of Amuro's dark skin; a secret about something Amuro's not good at (Gosho: "Does he hate Nattō?"). Gin has neither a favorite nor a non-favorite food. AMURO LOVES SMOKING. [This seems to be a mistranslation.]

【第四波】异次元的狙击手中青山刚昌老师原画的赤井秀一将先在原作漫画中展开,然后才是电影版!!名人战杀人事件中秀吉会再次登场!!

Aoyama's original character Akai Shuuichi from "The Sniper from Another Dimension" will first be dealt with in the original manga, then the movie after that!!

Akai Shuuichi's story in the manga will be dealt with AFTER the movie, not before. [The writer has just made a correction.]

Shuukichi will make another appearance!!

[bD NOTE: The writer's wording was pretty vague, hence "dealt with". It's NOT clear whether Akai will show up in person in the manga or not, so I didn't use "appear" or similar words.]

【第五波】青山在回答与以后的与运动有关的情节的提问的时候表示,毛利兰所擅长的空手道的全国大赛篇以后肯定会描写!

There will be a case about a national Karate tournament, a sport that Ran is good at. [bD NOTE: The way she wrote this made it unclear whether it would involve Ran. Also, this report doesn't show up in any other source, so be cautious!]

• Upvote 2

Japanese source? https://twitter.com/sksnkmn

It seems that some of the details above were translated from here.

【青山剛昌先生と話そうDAY】 ・安室さんと赤井さんのライバル関係に明美は関係してない ・世良ちゃんは(剛昌先生は世良ちゃん呼び)キャラクターデザインが難しかった ・ラスボスは既に登場している(顔か名前オンリーかは不明。何回も言うが阿笠博士ではない) 曖昧(⌒▽⌒)

Translated by Fuji:

• Amuro and Akai's rivalry had nothing to do with Akemi
  • Sera's character design was difficult
  • The Boss has already appeared (don't know whether in person or name)

【青山剛昌先生と話そうDAY】 ・安室さんの幼少期を描く ・安室さんの色黒には意味がある ・安室さんの苦手なものは秘密(先生「納豆嫌いとかだったら嫌でしょ??w」)でもジンは食べ物の好き嫌いがないらしい 安室すわぁぁあああんおうわえええいやああああ好っきいいい

(Seems to be the same as the part mentioning Amuro's childhood above.)

Japanese source? https://twitter.com/sksnkmn

It seems that some of the details above were translated from here.

【青山剛昌先生と話そうDAY】 ・安室さんと赤井さんのライバル関係に明美は関係してない ・世良ちゃんは(剛昌先生は世良ちゃん呼び)キャラクターデザインが難しかった ・ラスボスは既に登場している(顔か名前オンリーかは不明。何回も言うが阿笠博士ではない) 曖昧(⌒▽⌒)

Translated by Fuji:

• Amuro and Akai's rivalry had nothing to do with Akemi

Really?then I wonder why amuro wants to kill Akai that much...Maybe it's related to Date?

Anyway thanks for the information^^But it's sad to wait after Movie 18 to see Akai again...

This is how I’d translate the Japanese:

1. I will draw about Amuro’s childhood.

2. There is a reason behind Amuro’s dark color.

3. What Amuro doesn’t like is a secret (Gōshō says: “If it were that he doesn’t like nattō you wouldn’t like it, right? lol”).

4. But Gin has no favorite or disliked food.

5. The rivalry between Amuro and Akai has no relation to Akemi.

6. Sera-chan’s character design was hard (tn: to make, I presume).

7. The last boss (tn: BO boss) has already appeared (if the face appeared or only the name is unknown). Comment by the Twitter girl: Vague(⌒▽⌒)

Can’t find anything else on her Twitter.

Edit: the Japanese:

・安室さんの幼少期を描く

・安室さんの色黒には意味がある

・安室さんの苦手なものは秘密(先生「納豆嫌いとかだったら嫌でしょ??w」)でもジンは食べ物の好き嫌いがないらしい

・安室さんと赤井さんのライバル関係に明美は関係してない

・世良ちゃんは(剛昌先生は世良ちゃん呼び)キャラクターデザインが難しかった

・ラスボスは既に登場している(顔か名前オンリーかは不明。何回も言うが阿笠博士ではない)

曖昧(⌒▽⌒)

• Upvote 1

Another source with more questions, but most of them don't seem to have an answer: http://akamisomemo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html

Thanks for the translation by the way.

Q東都現像所の事件の時のメガネと帽子の2人組は? FBI。 赤井の部下。 あの2人は無視していい

Who were the 2 guys with hats and sunglasses during the Toto developing plans case ? (episode 335-336 I think)

The answer was apparently two subordinates of Akai.

• Upvote 1

Here are all the sources I have so far. I haven't verified them yet.

1. http://akamisomemo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html (Translation by Alaktorn)

2. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2796474978 (Translation by The Black Demon)

3. http://imageshack.com/a/img855/6886/q3e8.jpg (Translation by Alaktorn)

4. http://ameblo.jp/pashokon/entry-11743342616.html (Translation by Alaktorn)

5. https://twitter.com/sksnkmn (Translation by Fujiwara, Alaktorn)

6. http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-81.html (Translation by Alaktorn) - added by Black Demon

7. http://amataroujr.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-167.html (Translation by Alaktorn) - added by Black Demon

Things that appear to be unrelated

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYN_uF7CQAA7dao.jpg:large

In the interest of making the interview notes easily searchable here is a summary of the answers. Translation credit goes to Alaktorn, The Black Demon, and the other translators at DCTP. For exact translations see the other posts in this thread.

Plot and Black Organization

When/how/did the boss of the Black Organization appear?

Sources 1,6,7, report Gosho said the boss has appeared in some form a "long time ago", but Gosho may have implied the boss could have appeared "recently". Contrast with Source 5 who does not report the part of the answer that the boss has appeared recently.

Q: Has the boss appeared?

A: He has. Long ago, recently, I wonder when?/I wonder if he appeared long ago or recently (laughs))

The different sources extracted different meanings from this statement. One of the sources (which one?) thought Gosho was taunting, so the phrase may be misunderstood. Source 5 notes Gosho was being vague about what form the boss appeared in. (Current manga chapter is 883)

It is mentioned again the boss is not Agasa. (Source 1,5,6,7)

Gosho declined to answer a question if the boss's face has appeared (Source 1,7)

Akemi has nothing to do with the rivalry between Akai Shuuichi and Amuro Tohru. (Source 1,2,5,6,7)

The two people who followed Yukiko and the Detective Boys and took pictures of Haibara in the prescreening case in the Vermouth arc (episode 335-336) were subordinates of Akai's. Gosho said you can ignore them. (Source 1,2,6,7)

Gosho declined to answer if Amuro's name is an alias. Amuro does have a childhood nickname that will appear. (Source 1,2,5,6,7)

Amuro's dark skin color has a meaning (Source 2,5,6,7) Gosho declined to say whether Amuro's hair and skin color is natural,(Source 1,5,6) but mentioned his current hair color is supposed to be brown, not white. (Source 6)

Amuro’s "profile" is a secret. (Source 6,7)

Gosho gave a non-answer about Amuro's weaknesses: "I also haven’t decided on any weaknesses or dislikes. I mean, you wouldn’t like it if I said that he dislikes nattō, right? (laughs)” (Source 2,5,6,7)

Gin's weakness is Akai (Source 1,2,4,6)

Gin is the type who doesn't have favorite or disliked foods. (Sources 5,6,7) (Q: What are Gin’s weaknesses/dislikes? A: I think he doesn’t have any likes/dislikes. I think he can relatively eat whatever.) (Source 6)

Gosho declined to answer about the completeness of APTX antidote (Source 1,2,6,7).

Gosho declined to answer about the bloody disk of APTX data Haibara had from the Haido City Hotel seen later in Desperate Revival. (Source 1,2,6)

Movie 18 will have some sort of appearance by Akai. (Source 1,2,6,7 More info given in sources 6 and 7)

Gōshō: This year’s movie is Akai.

Q: Does he have a central part?

A: I don’t know how much of a part “central” is, but I think it will make you go “Oh!” “It’s happening before the manga”-kind of like.

I also drew Akai’s key frames.

Akai Shuuichi's story in the manga will be dealt with AFTER the movie, not before. (Source 2)

“It’s gonna happen in the movie before the manga…” (Source 7) [The subject of "it" is unclear. It might refer to Akai's appearance.]

Gosho cannot say more about the topic because it would make the director mad.  (Source 1,6,7+others)

Gosho declined to answer about future overseas cases. (Source 1,6)

When the possibility of having a case in America related to Sera was asked about in the same question, Gosho regarded the question as a dangerous and declined to go there. (Source 1,2,6,7)

Q: There have been cases abroad so far, but will the story of when Sera lived in America appear?

A: Oh! You just asked something dangerous. Was that on purpose? (laughs)

Sera was the hardest character story to design (Source 1,5,6,7) of the recent new characters (Sera, Amuro, Naeko, Haneda mentioned by question). The Akai siblings have three different last names (Source 1,2,7) which makes it complex (Source 6). Sera's appearance was also difficult to design. (Source 6) Gosho designed her as a tomboy (Source 1,6) because he likes her that way (Source 1), and she has to standout/be different from Ran and Haibara.

Why does the Black Organization wear black? (Source 1) Question not answered by source.

The police

Yumi and Sato have been good friends since high school. (Source 1,2,6,7) But Gosho has no plans of making them classmates. (Source 6,7)

There will be a major case/incident involving Naeko Miike. (Source 1,2,6,7)

Q: What about Naeko’s and Chiba’s love comedy?

A: These two will appear in a BIG case.

Q: Will Chiba notice Naeko soon enough?

A: He really doesn’t notice huh? I also think “Is this guy stupid?!” (laughs)

What is Chiba’s first name? (Source 1) Question not answered by source

"It seems like Isshin Chiba (Chiba’s voice actor) really likes Naeko. I was told at the year-end party." (Source 6,7)

A spinoff for Matsuda and Hagiwara not planned (Source 1,2,6) The editors like them though (Source 1,6).  "(Since Matsuda was enrolled in the Division 1 for only 7 days) the editing department told me “Please write a story called ‘The seven days of Matsuda’ or something like that”, but I have no plans of doing so. Matsuda and Hagiwara are just that story. (tn: as in, “the story so far” I guess)"

Why did Takagi become a policeman? (Source 1) - Question not answered by source

Haneda Shuukichi will make another appearance (Source 2,6,7) and it will be at a murder during a Shogi tournament (Source 6,7)

Teenage Protagonists

Someone asked about relative bust sizes. Gosho said Kazuha's breasts are smaller than Ran's. (Source 1,2,4,6,7) Sato's are bigger than Yumi's (Source 1,6), but Sato's don't look so big because she is quite muscular (Source 6), but Shiho is flat right now [because she is a child]. (Source 6). Gosho considers Ran as one of the biggest in terms of bust size. (Source 7)

Gosho wanted to have a karate case where Ran's opponent died but then decided not to. "I’ve thought of writing a story about one of Ran’s karate opponents dying in the middle of a match, but afterall that would be pretty bad so I stopped." (Source 1,6,7)

The correct color for Ai Haibara's hair is reddish brown, not the golden color it is in the movies. (Sources 1,6,7)

Heiji''s line "my Kazuha" was pretty much a confession. (Source 6,7)

Hattori's birthday is not decided (Source 1,2,6,7)

Kazuha birthday is not decided (Source 6,7)

Other

The Ai and Fujiko bath scene in the Lupin vs Conan crossover movie left an impression on Gosho (Source 1,6, not answered in source 1)

Gosho's sleep schedule: "When I was young I used to sleep for about 3 hours, but now I sleep 3 hours at night and then take an afternoon nap of about 30–60 minutes." (Source 6,7)

Gosho draws the culprit first (Source 1,6,7) "When drawing a story, I start from the criminal. Then, if for example the criminal is (tn: a particular way I don’t understand), I draw the other characters not that way." Gosho goes back and forth with editors when trying to decide criminal motive. (Source 2,6,7)

There was something about making Tottori airport into a Conan themed airport and Conan on the side of a plane. (Source 6,7)

(Within Conan?) What kind of sports do you want to write? (Source 1) Question not answered by source

Gosho's favorite outfit for Conan is the Jacket with the K. (Source 1)

• Upvote 3

Another source with more questions, but most of them don't seem to have an answer: http://akamisomemo.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html

I’ll try to translate these but I’m not very good. “tn” means “translator note”, it’s my comment outside of the translation.

Qボスは登場してるか?

登場してる。結構前か最近か(笑)

阿笠博士じゃありません(笑)

Q: Has the boss appeared?

A: He has. Long ago, recently, I wonder when? (laughs)

It’s not professor Agasa.

Q映画(異次元の狙撃手)のポスターに赤井が出てるけど、赤井が出ると期待していい?ガッツリ出る?

期待しててください。ガッツリかどうかは?

原作より先に・・・的な

(あんまり言うと諏訪さんに怒られるらしい。他にもなんか言ってたかも。)

Q: In the movie’s poster (Ijigen no Sniper) Akai appears, can I get excited? Does he have a central part?

A: Please be excited. tn: I can’t translate what comes after well, but it’s about the previously mentioned fact that the movie will come before the manga, then he says someone will get angry at him if he says too much

Q安室の髪の色や色黒は自前か?

言えない。

Q: Are Amuro’s hair and skin color non-natural? (tn: I think the question is whether he’s tanned/dyed, but I’m not sure I’m right)

A: I can’t say.

Q東都現像所の事件の時のメガネと帽子の2人組は?

FBI。赤井の部下。あの2人は無視していい

This is what Black Demon translated above. I’ll add the final part he didn’t write: “You can ignore those 2” (tn: they have no importance)

Qボスが登場してるのは顔も?

言えない

Q: Did the boss’s face also appear?

Q世良の僕っ子はなんで?

あれは趣味

Q: Why is Sera a tomboy?

A: She likes it that way. (tn: not sure about this but it’s not like it’s important…)

Qジンの弱点は?

赤井

Q: Gin’s weakness?

A: Akai.

Q安室の偽名がなんちゃらみたいな質問だったような(どんな質問か失念)

言えない

子供の頃のあだ名が出てくる(とかなんとか)

Q: Some question about Amuro’s nickname (I’ve forgotten)

A: I can’t say. His nickname from when he was a kid will appear (or something)

tn: the guy having forgotten what was being said + my poor translation = great success.

QAPTX4869の解毒薬の完成度は?

言えない

Q: What’s APTX’s antitode’s degree of perfection?

Q.MOはどうなった?

言えません

Q: What happened to MO? (tn: don’t know what MO is)

Q安室と赤井のライバル関係に明美は関係ある?

明美は関係ない

Q: Does Akemi have something to do with Amuro’s and Akai’s rivalry?

A: She has nothing to do with it.

Qロンドン編があったけど、今後また海外が舞台の話は?

(ないけどやりたい的な話だったと思う。具体的に何をおっしゃってたか忘れた)

Q(上の質問に関連して)世良のアメリカの・・・

それはまずい(笑) 

Q: There was London but, will there be another story set abroad?

(I think he said that there isn’t, but he would like to make it. I’ve forgotten what he said.)

Q: (In relation to the question above) Sera’s American…

A: That’s bad (laughs) (tn: as in, “let’s not go there”).

質問のコーナーではないけど

この中でキャラのデザインや設定に最も時間がかかったのは?

世良、安室、三池苗子、羽田秀吉

ではやはり世良が一番時間がかかったらしい。

三人兄弟だけど全員名字が違っててたり、蘭でも灰原でもない&キャラをたたせなだったりみたいな感じだったとか。

This wasn’t in the questions corner, but

In the group below, what character design and setting took the most time?

Sera, Amuro, Naeko Miike, ??? (tn: anybody knows who this person is supposed to be? 羽田秀吉)

As expected, between these people it seems like Sera took the most time.

Three siblings, yet their surnames all differ; (tn: I can’t translate this 蘭でも灰原でもない&キャラをたたせなだったりみたいな感じだったとか。)

それ以外

Q(コナンの中で?)書きたいスポーツは?

Q過去の事件の人らの再登場は?的な質問(ちなみに質問者は三池苗子好きだった)

Q佐藤さんや他の女性キャラのスリーサイズ

Q千葉の下の名前は?

Q服部の誕生日は?

Q松田と萩原のスピンオフは?

Q色黒男子の服のルーツは?

Q高木が警察官になった理由は?

Qルパコナで印象に残っているのは?

Other questions: (tn: which were probably answered, but this guy didn’t write the answers)

1. (Within Conan?) What kind of sports do you want to write?

2. “Will there be re-appearances of people who appeared in past cases?” kind of question. (By the way, the person who asked liked Naeko Miike.)

3. Satō’s and other female characters 3 sizes (tn: damn, why didn’t he write the answer to this).

4. Chiba’s first name?

5. Hattori’s birthday?

6. Matsuda’s and Hagiwara’s spin-off?

7. Why does the BO wear black?

8. Why did Takagi become a policeman?

9. What left an impression about the Lupin and Conan crossover?

• Upvote 2

1. I’ve just translated this.

2. This would need translating from someone who speaks Chinese (is this about what Black Demon already posted?).

3. This seems to be the first question that was asked? I can’t really read it, but it seems to be asking what was the most fun thing in 20 years of Conan.

4. Posting about this below.

5. Already translated this.

6. I’ll look at this later…

http://ameblo.jp/pashokon/entry-11743342616.html

This is just a blog entry, doesn’t add much.

1. 蘭ちゃんはキャラの中で一二を争うくらい実は巨乳らしい…(〃∇〃)

(About breast size) It seems like Ran-chan competes for first place, she actually has huge breasts…

Q.MOはどうなった

言えません

Q: What happened to MO? (tn: don’t know what MO is)

質問のコーナーではないけど

この中でキャラのデザインや設定に最も時間がかかったのは

世良、安室、三池苗子、羽田秀吉

ではやはり世良が一番時間がかかったらしい。

三人兄弟だけど全員名字が違っててたり、蘭でも灰原でもないキャラをたたせなだったりみたいな感じだったとか。

This wasn’t in the questions corner, but

In the group below, what character design and setting took the most time?

Sera, Amuro, Naeko Miike, ??? (tn: anybody knows who this person is supposed to be? 羽田秀吉)

Thanks for the translation. MO is "Magneto-optical drive". The person was referring to the burned disk that Haibara lied having lost after the Haido Hotel case. This page has the question written in details: http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-81.html (I've added this and another one to Chek's post above, there doesn't seem to be many new info though.)

羽田秀吉 is Haneda Shuukichi, Yumi's ex (supposed to be 羽田秀[土 + 口] ).

• Upvote 1

^http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-81.html

Wow that link sure had lots of stuff. Some interesting stuff too I think; it took me quite a long time to go through it all so I may even have some inconsistencies between format at the start and at the end of the translation, but please bear with it.

若い頃は睡眠が3時間ぐらいだったけど、今は夜3時間寝て、昼寝30分~1時間ぐらい。

When I was young I used to sleep for about 3 hours, but now I sleep 3 hours at night and then take an afternoon nap of about 30–60 minutes.

コナンのリアル脱出に挑戦した。

脱出失敗しました!(笑)

(tn: something about challenging a Conan escape in real life, and failing to.)

(イベント最後に作中登場権をかけたジャンケン大会があり、一回目のジャンケンが終わったあと、先生から皆へ)

「ここにいる人に言っとくけど、俺はジャンケンするとき絶対最初にチョキ出します!

これは絶対!

これ知ってたら、一回目は勝てます。

そのあと何出すかは知りませんけど。」

(tn: kind of pointless, but basically he says that in rock, paper, scissors he ALWAYS starts with scissors.)

動機を考えるとき、「そんなんじゃ殺さねぇよ」とか編集と言い合ったりしながら考える。

When I have to come up with the motive, I think about it with the editing department while going “nobody would kill for such a reason” and such back and forth.

話を描くときはまず犯人を描く。

そして、例えば犯人がつり目ならそれ以外のキャラをそうじゃないように描く。

When drawing a story, I start from the criminal.

Then, if for example the criminal is (tn: a particular way I don’t understand), I draw the other characters not that way.

蘭の空手の試合相手が試合途中に死ぬ話を書こうと思ったことがあるが、さすがにヤバいからやめた(笑)

I’ve thought of writing a story about one of Ran’s karate opponents dying in the middle of a match, but afterall that would be pretty bad so I stopped.

平次の誕生日は決めてない。

和葉も決めてない。

I haven’t decided on Heiji’s birthday.

Nor Kazuha’s.

(こちら現在連載中のサンデーネタバレですが、ニュース記事も出たし次号は巻頭カラーと大変貴重なので伏せ字なしで書きます!

アニメ、単行本派の方はこれを機会にぜひサンデーへ移行を!(笑))

・ 今連載中のシリーズで、また新一の蘭に対するセクハラ発言がある。

This is a spoiler. Read at your own risk etc.

In the current series (tn: chap 882–88X I think), Shin’ichi will say sexually harassing remarks to Ran. (tn: this is not my translation, I asked for help, I thought it might’ve meant a “proposal” but since it’s a flashback it doesn’t make sense… but then why are some sexually harassing comments a spoiler? Oh well.)

質. アニメと劇場版で灰原の髪色が違う。

アニメではピンクっぽい色、コナン劇場版では金っぽい色。

そして、今回の劇場版ルパコナではアニメに合わせられている。

いったいどれがほんと?

灰原の髪色がアニメと劇場版で違うのは知らなかった。

赤みがかった茶髪がほんとです!

Q:Between the anime and movies, Haibara’s air color is inconsistent.

In the anime it’s a pinkish color, in the movies a golden one.

Then, this time in Lupin vs. Conan’s movie, it’s being made like in the anime.

Which one is correct?

A: I didn’t know that Haibara’s hair color was different between the anime and movies. A reddish brown is the true color!

・ルパコナの不二子と灰原のお風呂シーンは直したりした。

The bath scene with Fujiko and Haibara was fixed and stuff. (tn: not sure if this was meant as an append to mean they fixed her color there or what…)

編集に、「(松田刑事が強行犯係に在籍したのは7日間だけだから)『松田陣平の7日間』みたいな話書いてくださいよ」と言われたことがあるが、書く予定はない。

松田と萩原はあの話だけ。

(Since Matsuda was enrolled in the *name of police section* for only 7 days) the editing department told me “Please write a story called ‘The seven days of Matsuda’ or something like that”, but I have no plans of doing so. Matsuda and Hagiwara are just that story. (tn: as in, “the story so far” I guess)

(バストサイズについて)

・和葉より蘭の方がでかい。

由美より佐藤の方がでかい。

灰原?

今はぺったんこだよ!(笑)

志保ちゃん時代はそうじゃないだろうけど。

佐藤は由美よりあるけど背筋があるからあまり目立たない。

蘭ちゃんはけっこう巨乳の設定なんだけど、テレビ版ルパコナでミラ王女が「胸は私の方がある」って言っててショックだった。

「えっ!そうなの!?」って。

(About breast size)

Ran’s are bigger than Kazuha’s.

Satō’s are bigger than Yumi’s.

Haibara?

Right now she’s flat! (laughs)

Not when she was Shiho-chan though.

Satō’s are bigger than Yumi’s, but because she has dorsal muscles / a seam in the back (tn: what???) they’re not conspicuous.

Ran-chan has pretty big breasts but, in the TV version of Lupin vs. Conan, princess Mila says “My chest is bigger”, it was a shock. Like “Eh?! Really?!”. (tn: I haven’t watched Lupin vs. stuff, so I have no idea about names/setting/etc.… but I think Ran replies to her in shock? I wasn’t sure about the meaning there.)

由美と佐藤は高校時代から。

でも同級生とか出す予定はないな~。

Yumi and Satō know each other from their high school days.

But I have no plans of making them classmates. (tn: not 100% sure about this)

質.苗子と千葉のラブコメは?

この二人はでっかい事件で出てくる。

質.千葉は苗子にそろそろ気付きますか?

ほんと気づかないよね~。

俺も「こいつバカなんじゃないの!?」と思う(笑)

Q: What about Naeko’s and Chiba’s love comedy?

A: These two will appear in a BIG case.

Q: Will Chiba notice Naeko soon enough?

A: He really doesn’t notice huh? I also think “Is this guy stupid?!” (laughs)

千葉一伸さん(千葉の声優さん)は苗子が大好きみたいで。

忘年会で言われた。

It seems like Isshin Chiba (Chiba’s voice actor) really likes Naeko.

I was told at the year-end party.

質.APTXはまだ未完成ですが、いったいどれぐらい完成している?

杯戸シティホテルの件で焼けたはずのMOも、灰原が家でパソコンを操作しているときに描かれているということは持って帰ったということ?

あれはどうなった?

言えない。

Q: APTX is still incomplete but, how much is it complete?

In the Haido Hotel case, the MO that was supposed to have burned is seen in Haibara’s hands when she’s at home operating a computer, does that mean she actually brought it back?

質.ジンの苦手なものは?

好き嫌いはないんじゃないかな。

わりとなんでも食べると思う。

ジンの苦手なものは赤井。

Q: What are Gin’s weaknesses/dislikes?

A: I think he doesn’t have any likes/dislikes.

I think he can relatively eat whatever.

His weakness is Akai.

質.安室さんが好きです。

誕生日、苦手なものなど、プロフィールが知りたい。

プロフィール明かしたらまずい人だから言えない。

苦手なものも決めてない。

だって納豆が嫌いとかだったら嫌でしょ?(笑)

Q: I like Amuro-san.

I want to know his birthday, weaknesses/dislikes and profile.

A: I can’t say anything about his profile because he’s a plain guy. (tn: not sure about this)

I also haven’t decided on any weaknesses or dislikes.

I mean, you wouldn’t like it if I said that he dislikes nattō, right? (laughs)

質.80巻でコナンが「安室透は偽名かも」と言っていたことがあったが、他に名乗る名前があるってこと?

・おっ!

これはね~。

でも、子供のころのあだ名が出てきます。

Q: In volume 80, Conan says “Amuro Tōru might be an alias”, does that mean he has other ways of calling himself?

A: Oh!

About this…

His nickname from his childhood will appear.

赤井と安室がライバル関係にあって、お互い毛嫌いしていた理由に明美は関係ない。

(tn: again the fact that Akemi has nothing to do with their rivalry)

質.海外の話が今までありましたけど、世良がアメリカのどこに住んでた~とかいう話もあったりするんですか?

おっ!

君は今ヤバいことを聞いたね。

わざとだな?(笑)

Q: There have been cases abroad so far, but will the story of when Sera lived in America appear?

A: Oh!

You just asked something bad.

Was that on purpose? (laughs)

あの方はだいぶ前に出た。最近も出た。

(マジかwwwwww)

Gōshō: That person has appeared a long time ago. He also appeared recently.

blogger’s comment: ↑ (are you for real?! lol)

(tn: I don’t know why but I get the feeling this was some bullshit the blogger threw in himself…)

edit: reading back on my translation of the other blogger, it was written that Gōshō was taunting “I wonder if he appeared long ago or recently”, so one of the two bloggers misunderstood that phrase, but I think it’s this one because I wouldn’t expect Gōshō to reveal that the boss has appeared recently, too.

質.安室さんの髪が白いのは…あの髪色は自前ですか?

あ~。

白いというか茶髪ね。

これは言っちゃうとね。

言えない。

色が黒いのもね、意味深だよね(笑)

Q: Amuro-san’s white hair… is that dyed?

A: Aah.

Rather than white it’s brown.

I can’t answer this.

His dark skin too, there is a profound meaning behind it. (laughs)

東都現像所の事件で出てきた眼鏡と帽子の二人組って?

あれはなんか気にしてる人がいるみたいだけど。

赤井の部下です。

他に特に意味はない。

FBIです。

FBI?FBIなんですか!?

あれ?FBIじゃなかったかなあ?(笑)

じゃあ今後出てきたりとか?

あの二人はね~、忘れて良い。

無視してください。

This is the question that Black Demon translated about Akai’s subordinates.

A: They’re Akagi’s subordinates. There isn’t any other meaning behind it. They’re FBI.

Q: FBI? They’re FBI!?

A: Huh? Were they not FBI? (laughs)

Q: Then, will they appear again?

A: About those two… you can forget them. Please ignore them.

あの方の顔はすでに出ている?

おぉ~。

これは言えない!(笑)

ありがとうございました。

ヤバいなw

Q: Has that person’s face appeared?

A: Ooh… I can’t answer that! (laughs)

Q: Thank you very much.

A: That was dangerous. lol

blogger’s comments:

司会.すごかったですね~。

なんか事情聴取みたいになってましたね~(笑)

The meeting was great. Although it felt like police interviewing a suspect in the end. (laughs)

various spoilers below:

青.今年の映画は赤井。

質.がっつり出るんですか?

青.どれぐらいががっつりっていうのかわからないけど、「おっ!」ってなると思う。

原作より先に~…みたいな。

赤井の原画も書く。

Gōshō: This year’s movie is Akai.

Q: Does he have a central part?

A: I don’t know how much of a part “central” is, but I think it will make you go “Oh!” “It’s happening before the manga”-kind of like.

I also draw Akai’s key frames.

映画の見所は赤井です。

これ以上は言えない。

あまり言うとまた諏訪さんに怒られちゃうから(笑)

The point of note of the movie is Akai.

I can’t say more than this.

If I say too much I’ll get (tn: a person’s name) angry again. (laughs)

羽田について

名人戦殺人事件で出てきます。

About Haneda

He will appear in a murder case at a shogi tournament.

「世良、安室、苗子、羽田」設定が一番大変だったキャラは?

設定が一番大変だったのは世良。

かなり複雑。

三人兄弟なのに全員名字が違うとか、とにかくややこしい。

キャラデザで大変だったのも世良。

蘭や灰原とダブるキャラじゃダメだし、でもキャラが立ってないといけないし。

それでボクっ娘にした。

Between Sera, Amuro, Naeko, Haneda; whose setting was the hardest to create?

A: Sera’s.

It was quite complex.

Stuff like having three siblings, yet all of their surnames are different; anyway, it’s complex.

The hardest character design was also Sera’s.

It would be bad to just create a double character to Ran or Haibara, but the character also has to stand out. So I made her a tomboy.

質.「俺の和葉」は告白?

あれは、もうほぼ告白。

Q: “My Kazuha” is a confession?

A: That’s pretty much a confession.

About the image with the green background, I’ve tried to read it but I’m bad with kanji and I can’t do it without an instant dictionary (I have it for plain text, not images).

• Upvote 1