Detective Conan World

Q13: What do you really take care of when you create a character?

A: I don't want him to look like a character I've created in the past.

(note: Erm. Kaito/Shinichi, Sayaka/Aoko/Ran, Yaiba/Conan...)

I think Gosho created Ran and Aoko, and Shinichi and Kaito as lookalikes in order to emphasize the parallels between them.

ex. They’re childhood friends, Shinichi and Kaito have alter egos, Ran and Aoko are tsunderes, etc.

But yeah, that statement of his does seem a bit contradictory otherwise, haha.

Lol. I can imagine it going until vol. 145.

but why stop there when we can make DC last another 20 years???!!2!!!!!2//2!?!!!1!?!!1 /sarcasm

oh my god

thats insane, and not at all worth respecting 

true, if it's deliberate only for the sake of money ONLY! -.- if he really spends the time actually developing main characters further, then that would hopefully be worth it!

• Upvote 1

Just something I thought of when rereading the interview: How exactly does Sera know Conan is Shinichi? Is it just because of childhood memories? Could it be possible that in America, she met Eisuke ... Just thought about it because Gosho said in Q88:

Q88: Won't Hondou Eisuke reappear again?

A: Things will be interesting if he does!

I mean, there's the Akai-Kir relation, so it would be possible that their younger siblings could have something that relates them to each other, too. 

Also, I think some questions weren't translated (but they're not very important, so that's probably why lol):

Q46: Mitsuhiko's pretty bright. Is it because he used to be a third-year middle schooler and was shrunk by the BO?

A: Nope! (laughs)

Q49: How much does Takagi know of Conan being Shinichi? Or rather, what does he think of Conan?

A: Well, he thinks that Conan is incredibly smart, but hasn't noticed anything else about him.

Q57: Is it possible that Gin is actually a good guy?

A: Impossible! (laughs loudly)

Q61: Araide-sensei hasn't made an appearance! Please let him appear!
A: Ah! I completely forgot! Sorry (laughs)

Q62: Are Sera and Haibara cousins?

A: Stop asking in a roundabout way, I'm not going to get tricked! (laughs)

Interestingly, in Q5:

Q5: Miyano Elena and Akai Shuichi/Sera Masumi's mothers are sisters, right?

A: Why? Why?!

I really want to know what it originally says in Japanese ...

Well, they could be cousins if they were related on their father's side. It's not impossible for the dad to take the mom's family name, especially if the mom is from a more illustrious family. Or dad and mom were siblings. 

Q72: Before Akai came to Japan in Volume 29, did he investigate or solve any cases as an FBI agent in America? I'm curious about what happened during the two years Akai was in America after he left the BO.

A: He investigated normal cases and also cases involving the BO. As for why/how Akai became an FBI agent, I can't tell you right now. (laughs)

Q78: To have the real Okiya Subaru make an appearance, without it being Akai or Yuusaku in disguise ... Would that be possible?

A: I don't think it is.

I had some time after finals today, so I took another shot at it.

• Upvote 2

Q73: Does Akai-san like kids?

A: He probably has come to like them. (laughs)

Q150: Currently, how much has DC been covered?

A: How can I say that... Maybe just a half, maybe close to the end. It depends on your imagination!

Thanks to ALAKTORN and Kor.

Here's some more! Thanks to bluesun over at DCTP:

Q19: What happened to the 10 million yen given to help raise Conan?
They're probably spending it on lots of things, I expect... Also, Ran-chan's looking after the money.
Q20: Does Conan-kun like Fluke Fin [Engawa] Sushi?
What, because his name is Edogawa? (laughs)
Q23: What would happen if Gin [Jin] fell down the stairs and twisted his ankle?
Huh? That would hurt, wouldn't it? The pain would probably be really 'sharp' [Jiin]! (laughs)
Q24: When did Gin and Vodka meet?
Huh? When could it have been...? (laughs)

Q29: You must have a great mind to think up so many cases!! What should I study to have a mind as great as yours?

Oh, my mind's not that great. (laughs)
Q31: If Conan-kun's a primary school student and a freeloader, how come he has a nice mobile phone? Did he buy it himself?
It was probably bought from him out of the 10 million yen they got... Must be nice to have all that.
Q35: Is Amuro-san popular with the girls in his job at Poirot?
Of course he is! (laughs)
Q36: Amuro went and sacrificed his own car (the RX-7) to save Conan, but being that crash should've wrecked it. Did he buy the car he drives after that secondhand?
Maybe he bought it secondhand off a manga artist who hardly ever gets to drive his car, and repainted it. (laughs) Wait, that's me!
Q40: There was a preview for 2015's movie at the end of 'The Dimensional Sniper', but I have no idea what it's going to be about from just a sunflower! What sort of film is it?! Or will I just have to wait until it's out in cinemas?
You'll have to do that. (laughs)

Q45: Thank you for doing so many stories in Gunma prefecture. There's more than just mountains here, so how about doing a case set at the Tomioka Silk Mill, a world heritage site?

Would it reallly be a good idea to have a case occuring there?

Q55:Please give the series a happy end, with Shuuichi Akai and Jodie getting back together, and draw what happens after they do (For example, with Akai's cooking skills, he'd be an elite FBI Agent by day, but when he comes home, he's actually a family man who's better at housekeeping than Jodie, maybe?).

That wouldn't be interesting! (laughs)

Q58: What do you think of the 'wall slam' technique that's popular in Shoujo manga lately? I'd like it if you did a 'wall slam' scene in Detective Conan. [A 'wall slam' (kabe don) is a situation 1) where a boy corners a girl by slamming his hand against a wall with his body over her, trapping her, usually in a romance scene; or 2) when someone gets so angry out of frustration that they want to punch a wall]

I've drawn Ran doing a 'telephone pole slam' on Shinichi before, actually...
Q60: What do you think will happen to Shinichi and Ran after graduating high-school?
That's something you're going to have to wait and see! (laughs)

Q64: I want to see a collaboration between Sera-chan and Hakuba-kun!

You do? How come? (laughs)

Q75: Does Shuuichi Akai have back pain?

Why? (laughs)
Q76: If you went on a date with Shuuichi Akai, where do you think he'd take you?
He'd probably keep driving for the whole thing.
Q77: What types of women do Shuuichi Akai and Tooru Amuro like?
Let's see... Akai would like someone who can have a controlling aura without saying a word. And Amuro would like someone who doesn't mind him talking all the time.

• Upvote 4

pls dont joke like that ;(

how many volumes are there per year 

between 4-5 volumes per year normally

85 volumes at the 20th anniversary. 

but obviously this year it might be 3, because of reasons. 

Some more, from an earlier Q&A session courtesy of c61515555 in the Spoiler C-Box:

Q12: plz draw conan being sick or close to death, that kind of dangerous story.

Gosho: i used to draw his being sick often. maybe something will happen in the future

Q17: how much does Genta weigh?

gosho: dont know...池中玄太 is 80 kilograms (176 lbs.)

Q24: do u go online to see ppl's plot predictions? if yes, how do u feel?

Gosho: sometimes. when they predict correctly, i think "wow they r good!" and even when that happens,

i dont think of changing the plot. (I know he means the Japanese ones, but, Chek, I'm lookin' at you..)

Q67: hi gosho sensei! since u cant tell us who the anokata is, can u tell us what is the gender of anokata? 

Gosho: eh...laugh

Q81: what is vermouth's secret of not aging?

Gosho: please solve that mystery

Q109: is DC's story now thought out only by Gosho sensei or is it by a team? 

Gosho: this I can't say right now...laugh

• Upvote 1

Combined list of translated questions from Conan Super Digest Book SDB 80+. Note there are a few that don't seem to be numbered correctly or snuck in from another book or something like that.

Q1: Don't you think it would be interesting if Conan has a brother?

A: Eh? Why a brother so suddenly? It would be interesting, but it would also be hard to draw. Sorry!

Q2: Which horn is the hardest between a rhino horn and Ran's horn?

A: What?

Q3: Will there be a love story in the Gunma prefecture?

A: What? You want to see one?

Q4: What are the reasons for people to join the Black Organization?

A: There are many reasons.

Q5: Are Elena Miyano and Shuichi Akai's/Sera's mother sisters?

A: Eh? Why's that? [Question 5 and 62 are related]

Q6: Why did Akai-san decide to join the FBI?

A: It will be explained in the future.

Q7: Have you already thought about drawing a fight between Heiji and Kaito?

A: Hm... Should I do it or not...?

Q8: Will Conan be in Shinichi Kudo's body for the final showdown?

A: Stay tuned.

Q9: Will there really be more than 100 volumes? Thinking that I'm going to wait many years to read the end of the story makes me sad...

A: I think I can do more than 100 volumes, there's still room for the story.

Q10: The drawing of Conan and Shinichi sitting on the chair for the 20th anniversary of the manga is really cool. What was your inspiration for this drawing?

A: A drawing I had already drawn before where Conan was sitting on a char, and I just added Shinichi.

Q11: In volume 42, Conan receives a message where a "Ok" with a heart is written. Don't tell me that was Heiji?!

A: It was him, sorry (laugh)

Q12: I'm really amazed by something... How do you manage to draw a manga with so many sub-plots?

A: Well... (laugh)

Q13: What do you really take care of when you create a character?

A: I don't want him to look like a character I've created in the past.

Q14: I want to see a kiss between Conan and Ran in the manga!

A: What?? Not Shinichi?!

Q15: Why can't Conan remember where he has seen Sera?

A: He's pretending (big laugh)

Q16: What kind of feeling Conan has for Haibara? Is it trust?

A: I think he has total trust in her.

Q17: What's your favorite thing about Conan?

A: The fact that it gives me money (laugh)

Q18: I would like to visit the studios where Conan is animated, can you give me the address?

A: Don't ask me that kind of things~

Q19: What happened to the 10 million yen given to help raise Conan?

A: They're probably spending it on lots of things, I expect... Also, Ran-chan's looking after the money.

Q20: Does Conan-kun like Fluke Fin [Engawa] Sushi?

A: What, because his name is Edogawa? (laughs)

Q21: How could someone become a friend of Conan's?

A: By reading and buying (many) mangas!

Q22: If everything goes on like this, could Conan not be able to regain his body again?

A: Stay tuned (laugh)

Q23: What would happen if Gin [Jin] fell down the stairs and twisted his ankle?

A: Huh? That would hurt, wouldn't it? The pain would probably be really 'sharp' [Jiin]! (laughs)

Q24: When did Gin and Vodka meet?

A: Huh? When could it have been...? (laughs)

Q25: Please reveal something about Gin's private life.

A: I won't tell you (laugh)

Q26: Why is Gin hair long and grey?

A: Because it's cool! (laugh)

Q27: Please give Gin more appearances. And let him pull off an assassination sometime too.

A: He killed Pisco, you know... And Irish in the movie, too!!

Q28: Any recommendations on how to relax yourself?

A: K-Kancolle (laughs)

Q29: You must have a great mind to think up so many cases!! What should I study to have a mind as great as yours?

A: Oh, my mind's not that great. (laughs)

Q30: How do you solve the cases in Detective Conan?

A: By pretending you're Conan! (laughs)

Q31: If Conan-kun's a primary school student and a freeloader, how come he has a nice mobile phone? Did he buy it himself?

A: It was probably bought from him out of the 10 million yen they got... Must be nice to have all that.

Q32: Lupin vs Kid!!!

A: I want to see that too (laugh)

Q33: If you had one of Agasa's inventions, what would you do with it?

A: I would get to sleep my editor with the watch so I could sleep.

Q34: Please write Amuro vs. Shuukichi!

A: Eh...? As in shogi?

Q35: Is Amuro-san popular with the girls in his job at Poirot?

A: Of course he is! (laughs)

Q36: Amuro went and sacrificed his own car (the RX-7) to save Conan, but being that crash should've wrecked it. Did he buy the car he drives after that secondhand?

A: Maybe he bought it secondhand off a manga artist who hardly ever gets to drive his car, and repainted it. (laughs) Wait, that's me!

Q37: What does Amuro like?

A: Boxing.

Q38: What Amuro blond when he was born? Is he half-blooded?

A: Maybe (laugh)

Q39: Is Amuro in couple with someone?

A: He's single!

Q40: There was a preview for 2015's movie at the end of 'The Dimensional Sniper', but I have no idea what it's going to be about from just a sunflower! What sort of film is it?! Or will I just have to wait until it's out in cinemas?

A: You'll have to do that. (laughs)

Q41: Why does the sister from outside the domain seem like she has a weak body?

A: I wonder why, hehehe ... (laughs)

Q42: Is there anything the perfect human Akai is bad at? (Q42 and Q69 are related.)

A: He's tone deaf (laughs) [Later on in the thread, someone clarifies that the original says オンチ in both cases, which in that context can mean anything from being tone deaf, or completely hopeless with directions. Gosho never used kanji to write that word, so it could mean that they're all horrible at something.]

Q43: Who would win in a match between Kyogoku, Subaru, and Amuro? Do you have plans for a match between them?

A: Probably not all three of them at once, but I really want to have a showdown between any two of them!

Q44: Kyogoku-san is really happy compared to how he used to be in the past. Is it because he found love?

A: Of course!

Q45: Thank you for doing so many stories in Gunma prefecture. There's more than just mountains here, so how about doing a case set at the Tomioka Silk Mill, a world heritage site?

A: Would it reallly be a good idea to have a case occuring there?

Q46: Mitsuhiko's pretty bright. Is it because he used to be a third-year middle schooler and was shrunk by the BO?

A: Nope! (laughs)

Q47: Please tell us how the Kudo couple met!

A: It's explained in a special!

Q48: Will you draw a story explaining why Takagi wanted to become a police officer?

A: Do you want me to draw it? (laugh)

Q49: How much does Takagi know of Conan being Shinichi? Or rather, what does he think of Conan?

A: Well, he thinks that Conan is incredibly smart, but hasn't noticed anything else about him.

Q50: The Organization has a "very secret" plan wich started half a century ago. Are the Black Organization and the Pacific War connected?

A: What~? Do you think that these two are related?

Q51: Who is the Organization's boss? You can just say a hint.

A: Hint: It's not Agasa!

Q52: Could you draw a showdown between the original Kaito Kid, Toichi Kuroba, and Yusaku Kudo?

A: I would like to draw it!

Q53: Who drives the fastest between Sato and Yukiko?

A: Sato, because she's the White Witch (laugh)

Q54: What good thing has happened to you recently?

A: [don't understand. I think it's a KanColle reference]

Q55:Please give the series a happy end, with Shuuichi Akai and Jodie getting back together, and draw what happens after they do (For example, with Akai's cooking skills, he'd be an elite FBI Agent by day, but when he comes home, he's actually a family man who's better at housekeeping than Jodie, maybe?).

A: That wouldn't be interesting! (laughs)

Q56: Will there be Shinichi and Ran'z wedding at the end of the manga?

A: What's going to happen? Look forward to it (laugh)

Q57: Is it possible that Gin is actually a good guy?

A: Impossible! (laughs loudly)

Q58: What do you think of the 'wall slam' technique that's popular in Shoujo manga lately? I'd like it if you did a 'wall slam' scene in Detective Conan. [A 'wall slam' (kabe don) is a situation 1) where a boy corners a girl by slamming his hand against a wall with his body over her, trapping her, usually in a romance scene; or 2) when someone gets so angry out of frustration that they want to punch a wall]

A: I've drawn Ran doing a 'telephone pole slam' on Shinichi before, actually...

Q59: I like black-skinned people. I really want Amuro-san, Kyogoku-san and Heiji Hattori appear together in the manga. If drawing their face is a trouble, you could just make two of them appear at the same time. Please, Sensei!

A: Now, with computer painting, colorizing his face is not a trouble anymore, the main problem is the shape of his face.

(note: not sure about the answer)

Q60: What do you think will happen to Shinichi and Ran after graduating high-school?

A: That's something you're going to have to wait and see! (laughs)

Q61: Araide-sensei hasn't made an appearance! Please let him appear!

A: Ah! I completely forgot! Sorry (laughs)

Q62: Are Sera and Haibara cousins?

A: Stop asking in a roundabout way, I'm not going to get tricked! (laughs) [Question 5 and 62 are related]

Q63: Is Sera-san going to be a key person in the conclusion? Also, will she ever become more feminine? (laughs)

A: Her mother has huge boobs... So I think she'll have a nice body in the end! (laughs)

Q64: I want to see a collaboration between Sera-chan and Hakuba-kun!

A: You do? How come? (laughs)

Q65: Were you the one to chose Noriko Hidaka as the voice actor for Sera, or is it a member of the production company who chose her?

A: I chose her, because I like her!

Q66: Does Sera-chan never show two doubled-teeth at once?

A: Do you want her to?

Q67: Does Sera know about the Black Org?

A: She doesn't know.

Q68: Does Sera have a boyfriend?

A: No! But there is someone... (laugh)

Q69: Please tell me if there is anything surprising about Akai, Amuro, and Sera! (Q42 and Q69 are related.)

A: They're all tone deaf, or something (laughs) [Later on in the thread, someone clarifies that the original says オンチ in both cases, which in that context can mean anything from being tone deaf, or completely hopeless with directions. Gosho never used kanji to write that word, so it could mean that they're all horrible at something.]

Q70: Does Akai have a gun he really likes? Every time the Organization appeared, Gin used a sniper.

A: I should ask my assistant Yamagishi.

(note: not entirely sure about the question)

Q71: Akai-san has repeated that he would "give his life to protect someone". Is it a foreshadowing for his death?

A: Stay tuned!

Q72: Before Akai came to Japan in Volume 29, did he investigate or solve any cases as an FBI agent in America? I'm curious about what happened during the two years Akai was in America after he left the BO.

A: He investigated normal cases and also cases involving the BO. As for why/how Akai became an FBI agent, I can't tell you right now. (laughs)

Q73: Does Akai-san like kids?

A: He probably has come to like them. (laughs)

Q74: Could someone like Akai be real?

A: No, it's impossible (laugh)

Q75: Does Shuuichi Akai have back pain?

A: Why? (laughs)

Q76: If you went on a date with Shuuichi Akai, where do you think he'd take you?

He'd probably keep driving for the whole thing.

Let's see... Akai would like someone who can have a controlling aura without saying a word. And Amuro would like someone who doesn't mind him talking all the time.

Q78: To have the real Okiya Subaru make an appearance, without it being Akai or Yuusaku in disguise ... Would that be possible?

A: I don't think it is.

Q79: Is Akai Okiya?

A: Sorry, please go read the manga.

Q80: Will Chiba be married?

A: Will he? (laugh)

Q81: How much does a member of the Organisation earn a year? And do they make more or less than you, Aoyama-sensei?

A: Don't ask that!

Q82: Does Inspector Yamato have stubble [bushouhige] because he thinks it's fashionable? Or just because he thinks it's a pain to shave?

A: He has stubble because he's a commander [bushou]. (laughs)

Q83: I want you to do a story about Teitan Primary's Culture Festival! I'd like to see Conan-kun acting in a play if you did.

A: What? You want to see that?

Q84: Who decided wich character owns wich car?

A: I decided for Subaru's RX-7 and 360, but it's Yamagishi who decided for the other cars.

Q85: I want to see Heiji Hattori vs Kaito Kid!!

A : You want it~?

Q86: If you put the first kanji of Heiji's and Haibara's name together, it makes the word "peace" (和平"). Did you do it on purpose?

A: I didn't do it on purpose, but I like it!

Q87: While solving all the problems in Conan, will the mystery on Kaito's father getting killed get solved in the mean time as well?

A: They won't be solved at the same time! Moreover, he didn't get killed!

Q88: Eisuke Hondo hasn't reappeared yet?

A: Not for the moment, but he's going to be interesting!

Q89: Why are there red bricks on the covers of the volumes?

A: The design department decided it.

Q90: In Detective Conan, who is like Aoyama-sensei?

A: Kogoro Mori.

Q91: Is Ran better in karate than she was before?

A: If there was karate at the Olympics, she would get the Gold Medal (laugh)

Q92: I hope women characters are going to give kicks in the crotch of other characters!

A: Officer Sato does it very well!

Q93: What is Ran and Shinichi's bloodtype? Isn't it type B?

A: Think what you want, choose wichever you prefer.

Q94: I want to know what Ran does in her everyday life at home. When Kogoro and Conan are at home, what does Ran do?

A: Do you want to know? <3

Q95: How old will be Ran when she'll get married?

A: Do you want to know? <3 (laugh)

Q96: When will there be a devlopment in Shinichi and Ran's relationship? Ran only got scared after the confession in London...

A: Please look forward to it!

(note: not sure about the question)

Q97: Please make Ran cuter! The manga series needs more Ran!

A: I've got a lot of Ran stuff I should draw someday soon. (laughs)

Q98: I want to see Ran wearing a kimono in the manga.

A: It's really complicated to draw, except when I draw it with colors (laugh)

Q99: Tell me how I could look like Ran!

A: You would have to do a horn in your hair. So you should just drop it (laugh)

Q100: My friend says that the Boss is Shinichi!

A: Please tell your friend, "Congratulations, you've got it wrong!"

Q101: I'm dissatisfied with the way I'm living. How can I lead a happy life?

A: Please don't accidentally become an 'educated idler.'

(The kanji used here is probably 高等游民 koutou yuumin, who's educated/knowledgeable but doesn't have a job, and spends his life pursuing knowledge. If any of you watch jdramas, a Spring 2015 drama, Date ~Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira~'s lead male is an educated idler.)

Q102: Hi, Aoyama-sensei! My father named me Yuria because he likes the series Hokuto no Ken. I like Detective Conan, so when I have a child in the future, I want to name him Conan. But if I do so, I can't write it in kanji, so do I have to write it in katakana? By the way, I have kanji for my name.

A: Feel free to do so according to your own interests ... (laughs)

Q103: What do you take the more care of when drawing the manga recently?

A: I want the criminal to be the less sucpicious than possible.

Q104: Who are your favorite characters?

A: I like them all.

Q105: Are the lines under Akai's, Sera's, and The Sister From Outside The Domain's eyes supposed to be dark circles? Or are they just eyelashes?

A: They're dark circles. They all have threatening gazes.

Q106: I'd like you to draw a scene where Amuro-kun's eyes turn into little dots!

A: Huh? Wait, I haven't drawn that already? (laughs)

Q107: If you were involved in a case, Aoyama-sensei, would you try and deduce it?

A: Sometimes I think, 'Well, if this happened...' but if it came down to it, it'd seem too indecent...

Q108: I've heard that you wanted to draw anime when you were young. I hope you'll draw until you die!

A: Oh, leave me alone! (laugh)/Sure! Leave it to me!! (laughs)

Q109: I think Aoyama-sensei will probably grow some beards, will you also add beards while drawing your eggplant-like self-portraits?

A: Then it wouldn't be an eggplant anymore!

Q110: Did you like deducing stuff before? Is it because of this that you are that skilled?

A: Before, I liked going to the library to read books about Sherlock Holmes.

Q111: Have you always liked mysteries, Aoyama-sensei? If so, what was the first thing that got you interested in mysteries?

I've been interested in them ever since I read the Sherlock Holmes story 'The Dancing Men' in my primary school library.

Q112: I know you were born in Tottori Prefecture, Aoyama-sensei, but do you write Heiji's Osaka Accent by yourself too?

I have one of the editors who's from Osaka edit it afterward.

Q113: How many times do you go to Tottori each year?

A: Once, in January.

Q114: Well done Sensei, for the Tottori Conan Airport!

A: Ah, yes!

Q115: The Boss = Ano Kata = the first letter of his nickname = A, just as in "Aoyama Gosho", don't you think?

A: Interesting! But no.

Q116: Who is the producer currently?

A: It was Kurosawa before, now, it's Uchida.

Q117: Who's your favourite movie director?

A: It used to be Akira Kurosawa. But now it's probably Kenji Uchida?

Q118: Wich character tires you the most to draw?

A: Kid!

Q119: When I draw, I don't manage to draw well hands... Any tip for me?

A: Look at your own hands.

Q120: Conan has been in many cities, and many times in Osaka. I live in Osaka, and I'm really happy each time I recognize some buildings! Are you interested in Osaka?

A: Yes, because it's near Tottori.

Q121: Which character was the hardest to design in terms of background and appearance?

A: I spent a lot of time working on Sera-chan.

Q122: Do you own any [video game] consoles?

A: Yep.

Q123: Would you like to do mountain-climbing?

A: No.

Q124: How do you manage to be healthy?

A: Vegetable juice once a day!

Q125: Which murder method is the one you like best so far?

A: Recently, I think the blogger actress murder case in Volume 87 uses an interesting way to commit murder.

Q126: What manga or book would you recommand?

A: Chihayafuru.

Q127: What makes you really happy, Sensei?

A: K-K-Kan Colle!

Q128: How can I do so that my question appears in the SDB 80+?

A: Congrats, it appeared in the SDB!

Q129: Where would Sensei recommnd us to go in Britain? Or in other countries?

A: Big Ben. And for the other countries, Venice's sunset is really nice, but I don't have time to go in Italy.

Q130: Why do some people think you really are an eggplant? You're human!

A: I'm human!

Q131: Would Sensei like to do voice acting in a movie?

A: I'm too shy, so it's a no.

Q132: Who do you like best in K-On?

A: Yui, of course!

Q133: Do you practise sports when you have vacations?

A: I don't have vacations.

Q134: Was Sensei happy to go to Brazil?

A: Really happy!

Q135: In 1997, there were the "Detective Conan Puzzles" wich I loved, they were really interesting. I hope there are going to be more of them.

A: They were good, weren't they? See, Mr. Editor?

Q136: Do you mix curry with rice?

A: No I don't.

Q137: No more questions, just good luck for what happens next! Love Conan!

A: Thank you, I'll do my best!

Q138: Do your best! I will do my best too for my exams!

A: Good luck

Probably from other interviews or misnumbered

Q12: plz draw conan being sick or close to death, that kind of dangerous story.

Gosho: i used to draw his being sick often. maybe something will happen in the future

Q17: how much does Genta weigh?

A: dont know...池中玄太 is 80 kilograms (176 lbs.)

Q24: do u go online to see ppl's plot predictions? if yes, how do u feel?

A: Gosho: sometimes. when they predict correctly, i think "wow they r good!" and even when that happens,

i dont think of changing the plot. (I know he means the Japanese ones, but, Chek, I'm lookin' at you..)

Q32: Please, Amuro vs Haneda!

A: Heh? A shogi match?

Q42: Why is the sister from outside the domain ill?

A: Why? He he he... (laugh)

Q67: hi gosho sensei! since u cant tell us who the anokata is, can u tell us what is the gender of anokata?

Gosho: eh...laugh

Q81: what is vermouth's secret of not aging?

A: please solve that mystery

Q109: is DC's story now thought out only by Gosho sensei or is it by a team?

A: this I can't say right now...laugh

Q150: Currently, how much has DC been covered?

A: How can I say that... Maybe just a half, maybe close to the end. It depends on your imagination!

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the translations. I'll probably take another look at the SDB80+ thing when I have time (read: never) but from my first glance they're just a bunch of "junk questions", the more "important" ones probably have all been covered already.

The missing ones:

Q25: Please reveal something about Gin's private life.
A: I won't tell you (laugh)

Q34: Please write Amuro vs. Shuukichi!

A: Eh...? As in shogi?

Q79: Is Akai Okiya?

A: Sorry, please go read the manga.

Q109: I think Aoyama-sensei will probably grow some beards, will you also add beards while drawing your eggplant-like self-portraits?

A: Then it wouldn't be an eggplant anymore!

• Upvote 3

My take on translating some of the odder-sounding Q&As (from Chinese), lol.

Q28: Any recommendations on how to relax yourself?

A: K-Kancolle (laughs)

Q30: How do you solve the cases in Detective Conan?

A: By pretending you're Conan! (laughs)

Q100: My friend says that the Boss is Shinichi!
A: Please tell your friend, "Congratulations, you've got it wrong!"

Q101: I'm dissatisfied with the way I'm living. How can I lead a happy life?

A: Please don't accidentally become an 'educated idler.' 

(The kanji used here is probably 高等游民 koutou yuumin, who's educated/knowledgeable but doesn't have a job, and spends his life pursuing knowledge. If any of you watch jdramas, a Spring 2015 drama, Date ~Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira~'s lead male is an educated idler.)

Q102: Hi, Aoyama-sensei! My father named me Yuria because he likes the series Hokuto no Ken. I like Detective Conan, so when I have a child in the future, I want to name him Conan. But if I do so, I can't write it in kanji, so do I have to write it in katakana? By the way, I have kanji for my name.

A: Feel free to do so according to your own interests ... (laughs)

Q121: Which character was the hardest to design in terms of background and appearance?

A: I spent a lot of time working on Sera-chan. 

Q122: Do you own any consoles?

A: Yep.

Q125: Which murder method is the one you like best so far?
A: Recently, I think the blogger actress murder case in Volume 87 uses an interesting way to commit murder.

Q132: Who do you like best in K-On?

A: Yui, of course!

Unrelated, but there's been discussion about what actually Q77 means despite it not seeming that important (but then again, Gosho loves his pairings). The raw was posted up in one of the baidu threads, and there was another discussion going on about just what exactly it refers to ... I think it's because the wording for it was rather vague. Including the translated Chek included above, I've read at least five different interpretations of it -- whether the person being silent is Akai or his ideal girlfriend, and similarly, whether the chatty person is Amuro himself or his ideal girlfriend.

To sum it up, though, the idea is that neither Akemi nor Jodie fits the type of girl who is quiet and/or able to maintain her presence even without anything being said, so does Akai actually like ... Haibara? 

• Upvote 6

Right. The current translation is correct, then:

• Upvote 2

Right. The current translation is correct, then:

Good to know, thanks!

• Upvote 1

New AC postcards Thanks to StarToldRyu:

"Shinichi [boy] (chapter) is almost finished!"

"Kudo-kun doesn't really understand."

"This kid has become a man."

"The next movie is Amuro vs, Akai!"

"The next movie is Amuro vs, Akai!"

Gin not being the main focus kind of grinds my gears, but at least there isn't an anime original org member introduced yet.

• Upvote 1

Gin not being the main focus kind of grinds my gears, but at least there isn't an anime original org member introduced yet.

lol, this just feels like a passive aggressive reference to Irish from movie 13.

• Upvote 1