Detective Conan World

hello!Can someone translate that interview?it's from the SDB 60+

https://www.facebook.com/DetectiveConanAgency/posts/806694419382025:0

Here's an alternate link for the Chinese translation of SDB60+. I'll use the second one because it seems to be the source (the translation is the same anyway). There're some questions I don't quite understand but they're the more unimportant ones. Most are very trivial/useless questions so I won't go into detail.

Notes:

[TL note] = Note from the original Chinese translator

[bD note] = My note

Interview

(Status: 71/71 - Completed)

1. I want to see Yukiko sing "いないいないばあ"  to Conan! [TL note: 『いないいないばあっ!is a famous NHK programme]

A: You do? (laugh)

2. Why does Akai always wear cap? 

A: Because it's his trademark.

3. We haven't learned about Takagi's private life and past yet! Please tell me something.

A. I'll draw that after some times.

4. From which volume does the scene showing Kazuha practicing at the Aikido Club come from?

A: In that file with the charm (please see Vol. 66).

5. Are Chianti and Korn dating?

A: No.

6. Is it problematic that Conan can usually hear private information and the like while wearing eavesdropping devices?

A. Very problematic! (laugh)

7. Does Jodie pretend that she enjoys Japanese games?

A: You can tell from her looks that she truly enjoy them.

8. Why did Chiba never tie a tie?

A: Because he can't tie? (laugh)

9. When is Ran's birthday? When will you write about it?

A: I really want to write it.

10. Please tell me Sonoko's birthday.

A: I'll probably write about that in the future.

11. The characters use different first person pronouns like "オレ" (ore - katakana), "(ore - kanji), "わたし" (watashi - hiragana), "" (watashi - kanji). Is there any special meaning behind this?

A: Because the hiragana usage of "watashi" is really cute. I learned to make high school students use "ore" from Adachi-sensei  [TL note: Adachi Mitsuru]

12. Will there be any more shrunken victim of APTX4869?

A: Ha ha ha... (laugh)

13. Why must APTX4869 be in the form of capsules, but not tablets or powder?

A: Because "AKIRA" feels cool. [TL note: I don't know what he's talking about] [bD note: I don't get it either]

14. Does Kudo Shinichi's "Shinichi" come from the science fiction writer Hoshi Shinichi?

A: (It actually does) Surprise?! (laugh) [bD note: Not sure about this one]

15. Why has the shop owner of Poirot never appeared before?

A: How to say this... (laugh)

16. Will anyone on Conan's side die in the end?

A: Maybe. Maybe not. Please wait in joy! That wouldn't be joyful, would it? (laugh)

17. How did Shinichi come across the Holmes novels? How old was he?

A: He read them when he was still a child.  

18. I want to see Shiho riding a Harley. Are you planning to draw something like that?

A: I really want to.

19. I want to see Ran wearing uniform swimsuit. [bD note: Is that the term?]

A: I want to see it too. (laugh)

20. Are Agasa's inventions increasing in number?

A: They are, I'll introduce them when necessary. [bD note: Not sure about this one]

21. Will there be any development with Prof. Agasa's love story?

A: That would be quite interesting.

22. If Sonoko marries Makoto, will he become a live-in son-in-law of the Suzuki family?

A: How to say this... (laugh)

23. Is Okiya even going to the academy? Why does he always seem to have so much leisure at home?

A: Ahahaha... (laugh)

24. If Haibara's mother is still alive, would she have accepted the FBI's WPP and went somewhere else to research APTX?

A: Oh you're good (laugh). (No, [she] wouldn't)

25. I really like Haibara! Please tell me her bust size when she was Shiho!

A: I'd like to know too. (laugh)

26. It is said that those with bad visual acuity will also have bad dynamic visual acuity. [bD note: Not sure about the terms] So Makoto, who could dodge bullets, has bad vision? Or is he wearing Date glasses?

A: No. He's just that good.

27. Is Makoto's younger sister gonna appear?

A: I want to introduce her... How should it be...?

28. I want to know the story when the Kudo couple began to fall in love with one another. When can I read it?

A: There will be probably.

29. Doesn't Takagi have any childhood story?

A: I'll probably draw that.

30. What were Heiji and Sonoko's records on [bD note: Not sure how to translate this, seems to be some kind of sport activity]?

A: Heiji would be pretty good, but that's not the case with Sonoko! (laugh)

31. Will Yumi and Shuukichi reunite?

A: I'm planning to draw about it in the near future. [bD note: He probably did with the recent Shogi case]

32. I extremely like Ran. I want to become someone like her, how can I do it?

A: First make your hair look like a pointy horn... That's impossible right? (laugh)

33. How did Ran and Sonoko become close friends?

A: I definitely want to write that story.

34. Will there be a story involving the police academy?

A: I'll probably write it in the future.

35: The DB won't have any new member? I want new member(s).

A: If there was it would be quite troublesome to draw. (laugh)

36. In the mermaid case, the name "Shiho Miyano" was shown among the guest list, then Conan thought to himself "She doesn't look like the type to pursue eternal life and youth." Was that some kind of foreshadowing?

A: It was.

37. Was Date's accident related to the BO?

A: No.

38. Is there a connection between BO and Tottori Prefecture?

A: No. (big laugh)

39. Since when has the BO existed?

A: Wasn't it a pretty long time ago?

40. When the showdown with the BO comes, just in case, will Sato die in the line of duty?

A: Can't say.

41. When will we know the truth about Itakura's program?

A: Had you understood it after reading, you'd already have figured it out at that time. [bD note: I'm not sure when did he mean by "that time"]

42. If you could become a Conan character in one day, who would you want to be, what would you do?

A: I want to be Ran and go have a bath ♥

43. Let me ask this straight, have you already come up with the ending for Conan?

A: Of course!!

44. What's your opinion about Sato?

A: I want to meet her in person.

45. Who is the Boss?

A: It's... that one... That one!!

46. Do you sometimes wish to see yourself in the manga?

A: I appeared in every volume's cover. Although I have to face some major crises every time. (sweating)

47. Which code was the hardest to create?

A: The one with the Sun, the Moon, and the stars (Vol. 12).

48. Do you watch every TV episode of Conan?

A: Of course!!

49. Have Ran found out about Conan's identity or not?

A: How to say this... She will gradually.

50. Which is your most favorite character of Conan Doyle's?

A: Holmes.

51. Should we call Yukiko-oneesan or obasan?

A: If it was me I would call "oneesan". (uses shivering voice)

52. What would you do if you had a long time to rest?

A: Travel! Also watch WC in Brazil!!

53. You come up with new materials when recover your mental strength, right? Also, when do you recover your mental strength?

A: When I sleep! Also when I wake up from sleep after working, or have a doze after returning from the toilet. (laugh)

54. In which order do you come up with a character's appearance and personality?

A: Personality then appearance.

55. Do you come up with the characters' clothes alone?

A: I also took a look at my friends' clothes.

56. There are Conan side images at the back of the manga volumes. Is that a full series?

A: Yes, it's a short story in about every 10 volumes.

57. What're your most favorite manga cover, side image, background portrait...?

A: Vol 37 (Conan cosplaying Matsuda).

58. Why do you draw yourself like a pineapple in the manga?

A: I was influenced by the portraiture of the artists before me. They used to use the eggplant's image.

59. How do you come up with the suspects' names?

A: I think about it with my assistants after having decided on the theme. [bD note: not sure about this one]

60. Which character do you like to hit?

A: That arrogant brat with glasses. (laugh)

61. How do you improve your concentration during work?

A: I'l go to bed first. (laugh)

62. How do you relax? What do you do during days off?

A: Watch sports, TV dramas. And then "KanColle".

63. How many novels do you read in one year?

A: [The number] is increasing by year.

64. When drawing a character, which part of the body is drawn first?

A: The eyes.

65. Will you cheer for the Gainare Tottori?

A: I'll do that in my heart! I wish they could play in the J. League Division 1.

66. When you draw the manga, what is your expression when you think of something new.

A: It'd probably look like the character's expression.

67. How old was you when you resolved to become a mangaka?

A: Around the third year in college.

68. Do you have any idol?

A: Toda Erika, Hashimoto Ai.

69. When the series first started, have you ever expected that it would turn out this big (with the BO and FBI etc.)?

A: No, not at all. (laugh)

70. If DC characters were real, who do you want to become good friends with?

A: Ran. In the bathroom... again. (laugh)

71. What's your future dream?

A: Do animation works for the anime, draw for the movies.

Boss

(Note: Not part of the interview above but presumably also comes from SDB60+)

Inside the Org., there is a boss who is called "That person". This person hasn't appeared in front of Conan. Their name and gender are still mysteries. The only known information is "dialing the Boss' email address will create the sound of 'Nanatsu no Ko'".

Okay so I need a second (and probably third) opinion with this one. Technically, the line's literal meaning (at least judging from the Chinese translation) is "hasn't appeared in front of Conan". However, I wonder if we can simply assume that there aren't any ambiguities behind it. Therefore, I'll copy the original text over here (this is hidden content that only registered users can see, but you can check the book if you've bought it):

組織には、「あの方」と呼ばれるボスが存在する事がわかっている。コナンの前に姿を現した事はなく、名前も性別も謎。ボスのメールアドレスを打つと『七つの子』の音階になる事だけは確実な情報だ。

Is there any chance what the publisher wanted to say is "the boss hasn't reveal their identity/true color in front of Conan", rather than "the boss is someone Conan has never met face-to-face", because the latter will rule out 98% of the cast. Also note that this is just a summary of the boss in the book, not what Gosho said directly.

• Upvote 6

@ question 13

Akira is a manga series and anime movie that revolved around pill capsules that look kind of similar to what APTX looks like

The manga of Akira ran in Weekly Young Magazine from 1982 to 1990 (anime move was 1988).

The pill capsules in the Akira series suppress the main characters psychic powers. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(manga)

Thank you soooo much BD for your help!!!! you really did a good job as usual!

Concerning the SDB 70+,DCTP members translated some parts of it,but if someone could translate the other parts that would be nice ^^

Anyway as usual many useless questions as usual(even if I admit I would like to see Gin taking a shower XDXD)

Edited by 75aichan

first to thank bd for the translation

second, is it me or do most of the questions circle around in every interview

the way he wants to do the story from now on till the end is really tiresome.

he wants to do everyones birthday, childehood, love life then add the casess on the side that he wants to make, then he wants plot progress with the BO, then the ealry questions that were left, then the rum person

this is going to be a loooooooooooooong story

i hoped that he woud have finished it in 2 years from now

seems its gona be loooooooooooooonger then that

LOL you really hoped that?Remember he wants to write more than 100 volumes of DC so it's clearly gonna be long,especially with the boring stories he's planning to do about the characters past.

@BD:thank you so much again!

I took a look at the SDB70+ and there are too many stupid questions,I guess nobody would like to translate that.seriously asking if Conan was the Boss XDXD

• Upvote 1

LOL you really hoped that?Remember he wants to write more than 100 volumes of DC so it's clearly gonna be long,especially with the boring stories he's planning to do about the characters past.

i dont remember reading that he wanted to do 100+V, then again i dont find it hard to believe

i was thinking he would give up those stupid casess of the DBs, irelevant to the plot and like that casess

and only focus on the plot from here on out cause he said that he wanted to end conan when he was agasas age and he is a good 1 or 2 years away form that.

in all fairnes, are we interested in sonokos birthday, in makotos sister, in the kudos past, in agasas birthday or takagi anymore then the thing he has going on with sato

this is ......im tired

I think he said that in an interview so that's normal you don't know that.

But I completly agree with you,all these side stories about secondary characters are unecessary and I doubt many people want to read that.

Wait a sec.

“38. Is there a connection between BO and Tottori Prefecture?

A: No. (big laugh)”

Then what’s this on the wiki? http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anokata

“The number might have a Tottori area code; but it is uncertain because of the way the number, including the area code, was altered to prevent prank calls. It is worth noting that Ai Haibara reacts to the word Kurayoshi – a city in Tottori province, when she notices Shinichi Kudo had taken an interest.”

Wait a sec.

“38. Is there a connection between BO and Tottori Prefecture?

A: No. (big laugh)”

Then what’s this on the wiki? http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anokata

“The number might have a Tottori area code; but it is uncertain because of the way the number, including the area code, was altered to prevent prank calls. It is worth noting that Ai Haibara reacts to the word Kurayoshi – a city in Tottori province, when she notices Shinichi Kudo had taken an interest.”

My wild guess is they are actually connected. But Gosho has three choices.

1 Answer yes, thus spoile the story

2 Don't answer, and fans will know anyway that they are connected.

3 Answer no, and lie. so he laugh.

BTW. Both information about area code and Haibara reaction are real, if anyone wondered.

I hope Gosho won't draw a childhood romance for Takagi he mentioned because then I would be sorry he got together with Sato. Unless Sato is his childhood friend he doesn't remember.

:rolleyes:  Not everybody have to end up with their childhood love...his relationship with Sato is awesome no matter what happened in the past

It seems there was an interview we overlooked from this year from March (part 1) 2014 and April (part 2) 2014 edition of the Monthly Conan Newspaper:

http://meitanteikonanplot.blogspot.in/2014/03/special-post-two-part-1-interview-with.html

http://meitanteikonanplot.blogspot.in/2014/04/special-post-two-part-2-interview-with.html

Highlights are...

• Fusae Campbell is not the boss.

• One of the goals of the Black Organization is control of a lot of money, and not as much world domination.

• Confirmation that men's Black Organization codenames are distilled alcohols, and the women are named after "sweet alcohols". Codenames are done that way because it is cool.

• Gosho "talks" through characters like Haibara and Kogoro.

• Extensive description of Gosho's process for how he comes up with tricks.

• How involved Gosho is in the anime and movie creation process. (Fairly involved)

• Gosho's lifestyle and how busy he is.

• Gosho's chair spinning superstition

• Gosho talks about sports he likes

• Upvote 4

Thanks Chek!I found out that interview one month ago on tumblr but I thought it was already posted so I didn't post the link there....

I just hope someone could translate the SDB 70+ from Chinese.

• Fusae Campbell is not the boss.

Thank God, Agasa can have his good end when this series concludes.  It's not like either of them are particularly young anymore, but old couples are usually really cute regardless.

And about the sister thing,I guess it's Yukiko and Kid's mother that are actually sisters.

I can't wait for the future files^^

it makes sense. as far as i remember, both shinichi and kaito's mothers are fans of Sakamoto Ryoma.

Yukiko can speak Tosa dialect. Does Chikage likes Sakamoto Ryoma because she's originally from Tosa? did those two come from the same place? then they could be sisters ;)

anyway, Tosa Province (土佐国 Tosa no kuni) is the name of a former province of Japan in the area that is today Kōchi Prefecture on Shikoku. (Wikipedia)

i don't understand japanese history, but i do know Ryoma was from Tosa.

it makes sense. as far as i remember, both shinichi and kaito's mothers are fans of Sakamoto Ryoma.

hmm actually in a more recent interview Gosho suggested that Yukiko isn't the second sister,but Sera's mom is probably one of the sister.