Detective Conan World

http://amataroujr.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-167.html

So this latest link makes a report that goes 2–1 in favor of the people saying that Anokata appeared a long time ago and also recently. I still trust the Twitter girl more though, it sounds ridiculous that he appeared recently as well…

Anyway, everything written here seems to have been said in previous posts already. Only thing of “note” other than the above is, that the one shocked about princess Mila’s bust size might’ve been Gōshō rather than Ran herself, it might’ve been something someone other than Gōshō threw into the story and Gōshō considers Ran as one of the biggest in terms of bust size, so he was shocked. Not really sure which interpretation is correct though.

<黒ずくめの組織>

・ボスは原作に登場してる。阿笠博士じゃない。顔が出ているかどうかは言えない。だいぶ前に出た。最近も出た。

・ジンの苦手なものは赤井。食べ物の好き嫌いは無い。わりと何でも食べると思う。

・APTX4869の解毒薬の完成度、焼けたMOについては「言えない」

BO discussion

The boss has appeared in the manga. It’s not professor Agasa. Gōshō won’t say whether his face has appeared or not. He appeared a long time ago. He also appeared recently.

Gin’s weakness is Akai. He has no likes/dislikes about food. Gōshō thinks he can relatively eat whatever.

About APTX4869’s antidote’s degree of perfection, and the burnt MO Gōshō said “I can’t say”.

<赤井と安室>

・安室と赤井のライバル関係に明美は関係ない

・東都現像所の2人組は赤井の部下のFBI。他に特に意味はない。あの2人は無視していい。

Akai and Amuro

Akemi has no relation to the rivalry between them

The 2 guys at the (tn: *case said before a hundred times*) were FBI. No other particular meaning to them. You can ignore those two.

・80巻でコナン「安室透って名乗ってる(安室透は偽名だ、みたいなニュアンス)」

他に名乗る名前があるってこと?→「おっ!これはね~。でも子供のころのあだ名が出てきます。」

・髪の色や色黒は自前か?→「言えない」。安室が色黒なのは理由がある。

・安室のプロフィールは秘密。苦手なものは決めてない。「納豆嫌いとかだったら嫌でしょ?(笑)」

tn: again the thing about Conan thinking Amuro Tōru is a fake name, same text as before

Are Amuro’s hair and skin color non-natural? -> “I can’t say”. There is a reason behind Amuro’s dark skin.

Amuro’s profile is a secret. Gōshō hasn’t decided on weaknesses/dislikes. “You wouldn’t like it if I said that he dislikes nattō, right? (laughs)”

映画『異次元の狙撃手』以下一応伏字↓

赤井さんシーンは青山先生原画。赤井の登場は「期待しててください」

「原作より先に映画でやってしまう展開」「これ以上言うと諏訪さんに怒られる」

About Ijigen no Sniper

Gōshō draws Akai scenes. You can get your hopes up for an Akai appearance.

“It’s gonna happen in the movie before the manga…” “If I say any more I’ll get (tn: *name*) angry”

<その他>アニメ化されていない内容は伏字にしています。

・今後また海外が舞台の話の予定は無い(具体的に何をおっしゃってたか忘れた)

世良がアメリカのどこに住んでた~とかいう話は?「おっ!君は今ヤバいことを聞いたね。わざとだな?(笑)」

Other stuff

There are no plans for making another story set abroad. (I’ve forgotten what he said precisely)

What about the fact that Sera lived in America? “Ooh! You just asked something bad. Was that on purpose? (laughs)”

世良、安室、三池苗子、羽田秀吉

この中でキャラのデザインや設定に最も時間がかかったのは?→世良。

三人兄弟だけど全員名字が違っていること、蘭でも灰原でもない&キャラを立たせないと…とかを考えて。

Between Sera, Amuro, tn: … etc., the exact same thing that has been reported before.

・バストのサイズは蘭>和葉、佐藤>由美

「灰原?今はぺったんこだよ!(笑)志保ちゃん時代はそうじゃないだろうけど。」

「蘭は結構巨乳の設定なのに、バストがミラ王女>蘭ということになっててショックだった」

Breast size is Ran > Kazuha; Satō > Yumi

“Haibara? She’s flat right now! (laughs). Not when she was Shiho, though.”

“Even though Ran’s design is for her to have pretty big breasts, princess Mila’s bust is bigger, it was quite a shock” (tn: I don’t know if this means that Gōshō was shocked about it or Ran was… I guess whoever watched that Lupin vs. OVA should know)

灰原の髪色はアニメと劇場版で違うが、「赤みがかった茶髪」が本当。

・ルパコナの不二子と灰原のお風呂シーンは直したりした。

Haibara’s hair color is inconsistent between the anime and movies, but the real color is “reddish brown”.

The bath scene between Fujiko and Haibara in Lupin vs. Conan has been fixed.

平次と和葉の誕生日は「決めてない」

・「俺の和葉」は告白?→「あれは、もうほぼ告白。」←サンデーネタバレのため伏字

Heiji’s and Kazuha’s birthdays aren’t decided.

“My Kazuha” is a confession? “That’s pretty much a confession.”

デカイ事件で千葉刑事と三池婦警が登場 千葉一伸さん(千葉の声優さん)は苗子が大好き。

・蘭の空手の対戦相手が試合中に死ぬのを考えたけどやめた

・名人戦殺人事件で羽田秀吉が再登場

・佐藤刑事と由美さんは高校からの友達「でも同級生とか出す予定はないな~」

・現担当が松田刑事推しだが、松田・荻原を今後描く予定は無い

Chiba and Miike will appear in a big case. Chiba’s voice actor loves Miike.

Gōshō has thought of having one of Ran’s karate opponents die during a match, but he abandoned that idea.

Haneda will re-appear in a murder case at a shogi tournament.

Satō and Yumi are friends from high school “but I have no plans of making them classmates”

No plans for a Matsuda etc. spin-off

Stopped translating here because there doesn’t seem to be anything new.

• Upvote 2

Gōshō has thought of having one of Ran’s karate opponents die during a match, but he abandoned that idea.

There will be a case about a national Karate tournament, a sport that Ran is good at. [bD NOTE: The way she wrote this made it unclear whether it would involve Ran.]

Can i ask are these information separated or same? So does that mean there will be a karate case, but Ran's opponent won't have to die or there will be no case about Ran's karate tournament?

^I think that was just a mistranslation. It was either about the murder case of the shogi tournament where Haneda re-appears, or it’s a misunderstanding of the phrase where Gōshō said he thought of having a case where Ran’s opponent died in the middle of a match.

There was nothing about a karate tournament in the Japanese sources.

I also think it's a mistranslation. I had to strike a lot of info in my original post because there are many reports among Chinese fandom that the translation was inaccurate. Later Chinese translations are basically the same as Alaktorn's, so I'm not posting them anymore.

Another detail we should be cautious of is "Amuro's childhood will appear in the storyline." So far only the Twitter page (and the translations based on it) has mentioned this, while the others just say "Amuro's nickname from his childhood will be revealed." Maybe it was just the poster's assumption that Gosho will draw his childhood story because of this?

• Upvote 4

I also think it's a mistranslation. I had to strike a lot of info in my original post because there are many reports among Chinese fandom that the translation was inaccurate. Later Chinese translations are basically the same as Alaktorn's, so I'm not posting them anymore.

Another detail we should be cautious of is "Amuro's childhood will appear in the storyline." So far only the Twitter page (and the translations based on it) has mentioned this, while the others just say "Amuro's nickname from his childhood will be revealed." Maybe it was just the poster's assumption that Gosho will draw his childhood story because of this?

I reviewed the sources and I agree, it's more the nickname that is specified than any childhood depiction.

Oh, forgot to mention this was added to the list. I'm not sure if it is a duplicate.

Aoyama Anime 10th anniversary interview on 2005-2006 - (TRANSLATED)

• Upvote 3

The correct color for Ai Haibara's hair is reddish brown, not the golden color it is in the movies. (Sources 1,6,7)

I don’t think I see this in the first source? It only mentions Amuro’s colors.

Also, a translation I should’ve been able to make before:

話を描くときはまず犯人を描く。

そして、例えば犯人がつり目ならそれ以外のキャラをそうじゃないように描く。

When drawing a story, I start from the criminal.

Then, if for example the criminal is (tn: a particular way I don’t understand), I draw the other characters not that way.

It says “if the criminal’s eyes are slanted, I draw the other characters not that way”. Did anyone notice anything like that in the manga?

I don’t think I see this in the first source? It only mentions Amuro’s colors.

It's at the end.

Q灰原哀の髪(の色)はどれが正しいの?(映画では金、テレビではピンクっぽい色)

赤みがかった茶髪が正しい。

It says “if the criminal’s eyes are slanted, I draw the other characters not that way”. Did anyone notice anything like that in the manga?

Yes, Gosho typically draws the case suspects so they are distinctive from one another physically unless it is a plot point that they look alike. Different face shapes, skin colors, hair colors, noses, etc.

It's at the end.

Q灰原哀の髪(の色)はどれが正しいの?(映画では金、テレビではピンクっぽい色)

赤みがかった茶髪が正しい。

Oh, the source was updated since my translation.

Q千葉の下の名前は?

(一伸だと)新一とかぶるから「はじめ」とかにするかも。

This seems to be something new about Chiba’s surname, but I don’t understand the meaning. Something about it being in conflict with Shin’ichi so he might make it “Hajime” instead (??? I don’t get it).

Q松田と萩原のスピンオフは?

萩原はさすがにないが、松田は今の担当が好きだからなにかやりましょうみたいな話が。機会が会ったらやりましょう。

This seems to be a different take on the Matsuda/Hagiwara spin-off thing, it says “*someone in charge* likes Matsuda, so if we get a chance we’ll do something with him”.

Q色黒男子の服のルーツは?

服は白か黒。トーンが顔に貼ってあるってチャカチャカするから。

This is the answer to the “why does the BO wear black?” question, but I don’t understand it well. Something about tone spreading to faces and… ??? I don’t know.

Q高木が警察官になった理由は?

なりたいからなったんでしょうね(笑)まだ決めてない。

“The reason Takagi became a policeman?” “I guess because he wanted to (laughs). I haven’t decided on a reason yet.”

Qルパコナで印象に残っているのは?

お風呂シーンの直し。

That question about what “impressed” him in Lupin vs. Conan “The fixing of the bath scene”.

Qコナンの服でお気に入りのものは?

灰原が撃たれる事件のKのやつ・・・

(24巻の表紙にもなってる服。あの服は実際に青山先生が所有されてるとかなんとか。)

“What clothes of Conan do you like?” “The K one in the case where Haibara gets shot…” “(The one in the front cover of Volume 24. Aoyama-sensei said something about possessing those clothes in real life or something.)”

• Upvote 1

Source from yangti1674

Interview with Gosho concerning the names in the mermaid guestbook, including Gin's. Love Conan

iSvOHHo.png

Fujiwara: Just real quick then: Gosho says that the name Gin comes from Kurosawa Jin and that that name is actually written next to the one that sounds like Vodka. He's asked how many people are in the org -- many. Is the boss Japanese since the text messages are in Japanese? Vague answer about people being very attentive. The Gin/guest book thing then follows from a remark (by the interviewer) that Gins mother tongue is also unclear.

• Upvote 5

I wonder if it's possible to translate this (it's in chinese)

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2986237894

Apparently it's from the latest Gosho's interview

Those are actually 2 separate interviews with Gosho coming from the May issue of the magazine 「ダ・ヴィンチ」 (da Vinci), one of which is with fans/reporters (I'm not really sure), the other one is with the Japanese actor Takeru Satoh. Here are the original Japanese transcripts of the two interviews:

With Takeru: http://ddnavi.com/news/190845/ (April 13)

With fans/reporters/whatever: http://ddnavi.com/news/191132/ (April 15)

Note that all of these info were leaked from an issue that's not supposed to be released until May, so they may not be 100% accurate (but they seem legit to me as they were posted on da Vinci News), and there can also be more Q&As in the actual issue (hopefully!)

I can't translate everything in the Chinese version now, but there are some interesting things to take note of:

Interview with Takeru Satoh

• According to the Japanese site, they talked something about the Boss (this isn't in the Chinese translation so I can't translate it), but I highly doubt Gosho would reveal anything important.
  • Haibara's name came from Irene Adler (I think people have known this already).

Interview with fans/reporters/whatever...

• Shuukichi (Yumi's "ex") is a very complicated person.
  • The Boss aside, there will be many interesting information revealed in future files. Such as:
    • Amuro's real name.
    • Why did Elena appear in his memory?
    • Two certain mother characters are actually sisters.
    • Many characters and cases events (actually the word does have more than one meaning but whatever, just read ALAKTORN's translation below) are actually connected with one another. 
  • The BO's goal and APTX's purpose may not simply be eternal life and youth. There will also be a major event happening inside the BO.
  • Neither Agasa nor Yuusaku is the Boss. 
  • Upvote 5

Those are actually 2 separate interviews with Gosho coming from the May issue of the magazine 「ダ・ヴィンチ」 (da Vinci), one of which is with fans/reporters (I'm not really sure), the other one is with the Japanese actor Takeru Satoh. Here are the original Japanese transcripts of the two interviews:

Note that all of these info were leaked from an issue that's not supposed to be released until May, so they may not be 100% accurate (but they seem legit to me as they were posted on da Vinci News), and there can also be more Q&As in the actual issue (hopefully!)

I can't translate everything in the Chinese version now, but there are some interesting things to take note of:

Interview with Takeru Satoh

• According to the Japanese site, they talked something about the Boss (this isn't in the Chinese translation so I can't translate it), but I highly doubt Gosho would reveal anything important.
  • Haibara's name came from Irene Adler (I think people have known this already).

Interview with fans/reporters/whatever...

• Shuukichi (Yumi's "ex") is a very complicated person.
  • The Boss aside, there will be many interesting information revealed in future files. Such as:
    • Amuro's real name.
    • Why did Elena appear in his memory?
    • Two certain mother characters are actually sisters.
    • Many characters and cases are actually connected with one another. 
  • The BO's goal and APTX's purpose may not simply be eternal life and youth. There will also be a major event happening inside the BO.
  • Neither Agasa nor Yuusaku is the Boss. 

interresting very interesting yusaku not the boss kill many theories wich i'm glad about

major event?? someone revival maybe (guess its too much)

2 mother are sisters !?? sharon and yukiko ?nah hmm yukiko and kid mother?? maybe with kid and kudo's looking alike

Thanks BD for translationg that interview^^

I'm glad to read that Gosho will explain the Elena-Amuro relationship,and also Amuro's real name...That means Amuro really have a good background and hopefully he won't be killed in the future...

And about the sister thing,I guess it's Yukiko and Kid's mother that are actually sisters.

I can't wait for the future files^^

Ok, I’ll try translating these.

I took more liberties than usual while translating this (I think), I wanted to be done quickly and the meaning in the end is the same, anyway.

Some interesting stuff, I think. Especially something weird about Haibara’s name origin.

【佐藤】20年間『コナン』を続けるのは、尋常じゃないですよね。やっぱりトリックを考えるのが一番大変ですか?

(Interviewer?) Going on for 20 years is exceptional, isn’t it? Is thinking of the trick the hardest part?

【青山】トリックは、最初に担当編集者と打ち合わせをしながら考えます。だから、担当が変わると面倒なの。黒ずくめの組織のボスは誰か、とか一から全部教えないといけない。

(Aoyama) I think of the trick together with the chief editor during meetings. So, every time the editor changes, it’s a bother. I have to explain to him things all over again, like who the boss of the organization is, etc.

【佐藤】さりげなくすごいワードが。その話題は微妙だなあ。最後に真実を知って驚きたいから、僕はわざとあまり考えないようにしてるんです。でも、……ボスはいつくらいから決めていたんですか?

You’re nonchalantly talking about an amazing topic. That subject is sensitive… I’m purposefully not thinking much about it, because I want to be surprised at the reveal. But… when did you decide on who was the boss?

【青山】ああ……うーん、まあね、このあたりかな。(単行本のある巻を取り上げる)。

Hmm… it was about here, I guess. (While picking up a volume of the manga that was there)

【一同】おおお――!! 大ヒントじゃないですか!

(all present) Ooooohh!! That’s a big hint!

【佐藤】これはダメだ。その巻読んだらわかっちゃう。これ、書いちゃダメです。『コナン』はラブコメも見所ですよね。

(interviewer) This isn’t good. If you read that volume you’ll figure it out. I can’t write this.

A point worthy of note in Conan is also the love-comedy, isn’t it?

【青山】ラブコメシーンは結構大変です。いいセリフを描こうと思ったりして、時間がかかる。

The love-comedy scenes are a big hassle. It takes a long time to think up cool lines for those situations.

【佐藤】僕、灰原が好きなんです。マジで相当好き。科学者でかっこいいし。

I love Haibara. I really do. She’s a scientist and so cool.

【青山】灰原かー! 灰原、人気あるんですよ。

Haibara, huh? Haibara is pretty popular.

【佐藤】最初は敵か味方かわからない存在でしたよね。でも、ついに心を開いたなっていう瞬間があるんです。蘭が作ったおかゆを食べて、「あち…」って言う(41巻【トイレに隠した秘密】)。そこでグッと心をつかまれました。灰原は、絶対にコナンのこと好きだと思うんです。でも、複雑な事情を知っているから彼女からはアクションを起こせない。そんなところがほっとけないです。アニメの灰原役の林原めぐみさんも好きで。素敵な声ですよね。

At the beginning, we didn’t know if she was a friend or an enemy. But in the end, there is the moment where she opens her heart. She caught my heart when she ate Ran’s rice porridge and cutely said “hot…!” (volume 41, “The Secret Hidden in the Restroom”). I’m certain that Haibara likes Conan. But, understanding their complicated situation, she doesn’t take action. That’s on my mind. I also like Hayashibara Megumi-san. She has a beautiful voice.

【青山】キャラを作っていると、こう描けばこれくらい人気が出るだろうなって、だいたい予想できるんです。でも、灰原だけは予想をはるかに上回る人気ぶり。林原さんの声は大きいと思います。灰原哀の哀はね、実は「アイリーン・アドラー」から取ってるんです。シャーロック・ホームズを唯一負かした“あの女”。

When making a character, I think “if I draw/write her like this, she’ll be popular”, I can more or less anticipate it. But, just for Haibara, her popularity highly exceeded my expectations. I think Hayashibara-san’s voice is loud. Haibara Ai’s Ai comes from Irene Adler. The only one to have defeated Sherlock Holmes, “that woman”.

【佐藤】あれ、それ、重大情報じゃありませんか!?

Huh? Isn’t that important information!?

【青山】そう、今初めて明かしました。物語では、「女探偵のV・I・ウォーショースキーの“I”」と言ってるんだけど、本当はアイリーンなの。佐藤さんへのスペシャルプレゼントです。

Yes, it’s the first time I’ve revealed it. In the manga, it’s said that “Ai” comes from the “I” in “V.I. Warshawsky”, but the truth is that it comes from Irene. It’s my special present to you.

【佐藤】すごい! ありがとうございます!

Awesome! Thank you very much!

I’ll translate the second link later, I guess.

Edit: forgot to translate the last line, it basically says that the magazine itself has much more about the interview, so maybe it’d be nice if we got that (or maybe it’s in the second link, haven’t read it yet).

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot alaktorn!!!

This is interesting stuff indeed...Even if I still don't think Ai looks like Irene Adler,maybe Gosho has an idea in mind for her in the end.Unless Gosho is saying that to please Haibara fans.

also he didn't expect her to be that poplular.So I hope he'll take that into consideration to give her a more important role than just the mad scientist baby sitter...He should use her in the right way instead of wasting her potential.

I can't wait to see the second part of that interview^^

• Upvote 1

Gah!  I wish I was in that room so I could see which volume he picked up!  Though, perhaps everyone here could go through each and every volume individually and, assuming that a given volume was the one in question, deduce the most logical identity of Anokata for every volume.  After all, we'd apparently "figure it out" if we read the volume; we just don't know which volume it is.  We could then takes those 82 suspects (well, less than that since there will be repeats) and try to deduce who Anokata is from there.  Anybody up for it?

It’s fewer than 82, we already know a rough timeline of when Anokata appeared in the manga from previous interviews (although I don’t remember it).

I should be able to translate the other link later today.

Second link. http://ddnavi.com/news/191132/

The beginning says that with Ijigen no Sniper, it’s the first time that a movie will have a profound interconnection with the manga. Gonna have to watch that.

This one was harder to translate. Full of crazy news, though; but many were already reported by The Black Demon.

【青山】「“あのネタ”をやるなら、リンクさせたほうがいいと思ったんです。そのネタは秘密なんですけど。いや……、“あの人”の正体がわかるというね」

(Aoyama) tn: I don’t know what he’s saying exactly. Attempted translation: “If I were to spoil “that”, I thought it’d be good to make them link. That information is secret though. Rather… you’d find out that person’s real identity.” tn: he says ano hito, not ano kata, so I’m not sure who he’s talking about…

えっ! さらっと重要なこと言いましたよね!?

(interviewer?) Eh!? You just said something important without hesitation!?

【青山】「今、描いていて楽しいのは、世良かな」

Right now, Sera is fun to write.

tn: yes he jumps from one topic to another randomly, these interviews are weird

世良は赤井の妹ではないかと疑われており、コナンとも過去に関係があったらしい不可解な人物だ。彼女も今後の展開を大きく左右する存在であろう。一方ファンの間では、80巻に登場し名推理を披露した将棋棋士・羽田秀吉も、キーパーソンなのではと話題になっている。

(interviewer) She’s suspected of being Akai’s sister, and it seems like she’s related with Conan from the past, a mysterious person. She’ll probably influence future developments in a big way. The fans also think that Haneda Shūkichi is a key person.

【青山】「彼はねえ、なかなか複雑ですよ。これからも出てきます。今度、名人戦の取材に行きますしね。羽田の“羽”は、羽生善治さんから取ったんですよ。原作では、“あの人”の正体以上のことが次々明らかになっていきますよ。まずね、安室透の本名が判明する。彼の回想になぜか灰原の母・エレーナも出てきてね。とある二人の母同士が姉妹だとわかったり……。いろいろなことがつながりますね。まずいなあ、しゃべりすぎです。まあ、連載を楽しみにしてください」

Well, he is… quite complex. He’ll appear from now on too. Soon, I’ll go collect data at the professional shogi players' championship series. Haneda’s “Hane” comes from Yoshiharu Habu (tn: the kanji 羽 can be read both “Hane” and just “Ha”). In the manga, things like “that person’s” real identity and even more will be revelead one after the other. (tn: again, “ano hito”, not “ano kata”, so I’m not sure he’s talking about the boss, that would be insane…) First, Amuro Tōru’s real name will be revealed. Then, why did he think of Haibara’s mother, Elena, will also be explained. (tn: not sure about this phrase.) Two mothers will also be revealed as being sisters, etc.…… A lot of things are connected together. This is bad, I’m talking too much. Well, please look forward to the manga.

どうか! どうか、あと二つ質問させてください! 黒ずくめの組織の目的とはナニ? APTX4869の作用から考えると、不老不死が怪しいのでは……。

Please! Please, let me ask 2 more questions! What is the BO’s goal? Going by the APTX4869, I would think immortality…

【青山】「違います。確かにそう思っちゃうよね。今ね、組織の中では大変なことが起こっていますよ」

That’s wrong. It’s true that you’d think that, isn’t it? You see, right now, something really big is happening within the organization.

え―っ、すごい気になる! では、誰もが知りたい最大の謎。黒ずくめの組織のボス“あの方”とは誰ですか? 阿笠博士はかなり以前から取り沙汰され、青山は公式に否定している。コナンの父・工藤優作も有力候補の一人だが。

Eeeh, I’m super curious! Then, the question everyone wants answered. Who is Anokata? (tn: used “ano kata” this time, not “hito”.) Agasa Hakase was being rumored for a long time, but you have officially denied it. Conan’s father, Kudō Yūsaku is also a very big contender…

【青山】「優作も違います。もう決めました。これからは、“あの方”の質問は受け付けません! だってわかっちゃったらつまらないでしょ。読者の皆さんと俺で、これからも推理合戦をしましょう!」――

Yūsaku is also wrong. Now I’ve decided. From now on, I will never accept questions about “Anokata”! (tn: not “ano hito” this time.) I mean, it would be no fun if it was figured out. Readers, let’s continue our deduction battle!

And again it says at the end that the actual magazine has a lot more info. Does anyone know where we could find it?

• Upvote 3

I think Conan and Shuuichi's mom's are sisters. 

I thought about that idea too...that would explain the proximity between Okiya and Yukiko,and also the fact that Conan and Sera met in the past.

Btw thanks Alaktorn for your hard work...I hope someone will post the newspaper that is missing,if it contains more info.

It’s fewer than 82, we already know a rough timeline of when Anokata appeared in the manga from previous interviews (although I don’t remember it).

I should be able to translate the other link later today.

Oh, that's true.  If that's the case, it shouldn't be too hard, I think...

... unless Gosho had lied in an interview somewhere along the way.  If that were true we'd be running around in circles and getting nowhere.