Detective Conan World
phantomlady1101

The gender of Anokata

The gender of Anokata  

61 members have voted

1. 1. We always guess who is Anokata! Why don't we guess something more interesting but also is mysterious like Anokata's gender???

• Male
    • Female

I always thought it would be nice if the boss was stuck in the body of a teenager because of some aging accident related to whatever made Vermouth stay young. It would make him feel even more like a rival to Shinichi if that were the case. I suppose you could go even further and make the boss look 6-7. Maybe that's why he only uses text messages, because who would obey a kid's voice completely seriously? It would also be incredibly creepy.

I always thought it would be nice if the boss was stuck in the body of a teenager because of some aging accident related to whatever made Vermouth stay young. It would make him feel even more like a rival to Shinichi if that were the case. I suppose you could go even further and make the boss look 6-7. Maybe that's why he only uses text messages, because who would obey a kid's voice completely seriously? It would also be incredibly creepy.

I support this now. icon_twisted.gif

This is officially the theory I agree with.

Tell me about it...

I don't think that Vermouth being the Boss' favorite can be a solid evidence to conclude about his/her gender. Not only that it doesn't necessarily have to be a romantic interest, but it can also be a clever trick that Gosho uses to mislead us.

We always think that for some unknown reasons, the Boss likes Vermouth, therefore allows her some independence. But what if the truth is actually the whole opposite ? I.e. The Boss doesn't really want that willingly...

POSSIBILITY #1: Vermouth blackmailed the Boss into allowing her certain powers.

In other words, the whole "favoritism" thing is just a cover to fool the other BO members and to protect the "pride" of the Boss. Only the Boss and Vermouth know the truth.

Vermouth might have known/possessed something that was to the Boss' disadvantage. But for some reasons, he/she can neither kill nor threaten her, thus had to give her some independence and high-ranking to her request, so she can keep her mouth shut.

POSSIBILITY #2: Vermouth is the "mother-figure" to Anokata.

This theory's solidity depends on Vermouth's and Anokata's true age.

Vermouth may not be the Boss' biological mother, but she might have been the one to raise the Boss ever since he/she was a child. Therefore, The Boss has to treat her with more respect (and probably less power) than the others, even when he/she doesn't want to do it willingly. This also explains The Boss' seemingly phlegmatic attitude towards Vermouth's potentially dangerous behaviors (e.g. being secretive).

This way of speculation may as well uncover some secrets behind the usage of the song "Nanatsu no ko".

The lyrics of this song was a poet by Ujoo Noguchi, and remember that the title can be translated as both "7 children" (plural) and "7-year-old-child" (singular), which is correct was never clarified by the poet (Source - I used Chekhov's link). Therefore it doesn't harm Gosho if he decides to use the second meaning. I.e. the "baby crow" image may only symbolize one person.

This is the story behind the song, told by the poet: A crow flies in the direction of a mountain, and two boys stand below watching. One boy says to the other, why does the bird fly and cry at the same time? His friend says, because her babies are waiting on the other side, and she is calling kawai, kawai to them since they are her cute children. (source the same as above).

It would be very interesting if the hidden symbolism behind the song turned out to be something like this:

Mother Crow = Vermouth

Baby Crow = Anokata

The Asking Boy = The readers/Someone in the DC universe

His Friend = Gosho Aoyama

Now, let's "translate" the song using the symbolism above.

The boy asks his friend: "Mother crow, why do you squawk/cry so?"

= We asks Gosho: "Why is Vermouth being so sympathetic?"

Mother Crow: "Because I have seven cute children/a cute 7-year-old child high on the mountain"

= Vermouth: "Because I have a cute child (Anokata) who's living at his headquarter on a mountainous area"

"Kawai kawai this mother crow cries."

= "Vermouth is sad because her baby used to be a cute child, but now he/she is up to no good" (OK This is not a very good translation :lol:)

Mother Crow: "You should behold the old nest on the mountain"

= Vermouth: "I wish that someone/a silver bullet could reach the headquarter and destroy it..."

Mother Crow: "And there you'll see such round-eyed, good child"

= Vermouth: "... to bring back my cute, innocent child and pull him/her out of the darkness, then you will see that my baby is actually a very good child..." ("round eyes" usually symbolize innocence).

It is highly possible that the one who came up with this encoding method was Vermouth and not Anokata. Vermouth is very smart and manipulative. She might have fool the Boss into thinking that this is the smartest way for the others to communicate him/her, but in fact, it was actually Vermouth's message for the outsiders to understand the situation she's in (note that the key-pad tones are always on). It was not until Vermouth found out that Conan had already come up with the plan to catch her that she considered him the "silver bullet", that's why she was afraid that the tone was recorded by him at first...

POSSIBILITY #3: The Boss is not who we usually think to be, thus doesn't have enough power, so Vermouth just takes advantage of this.

(See Chekhov's theory above)

• Upvote 2

Male, but i wish the boss were female...specifically, i wish the boss were a ten-year-old girl LOL

Ha!Iit's possible.I wish the boss were New charactor.If old charactor is the boss not a couple

I say it is a male. Vermouth is somehow related to this person, not typically in a romantic way. If it somehow was she would not be together with gin. Besides if he is the boss of the B.O. he must be smart enough to know what is going on. He might even know about the silver bullet (conan). There is a possibility they are not killing him or haibara because they probably want to know how it'll effect them. They probably want to give this pill to a specific person for something valuable not money but something useful to them. They probably won't think of killing conan because he can be a test subject for them to see how the pill works but it may be a possiblity they may kill him and especially haibara because she probably knows a bit about the B.O. and if they are found out then they'll be arrested and won't get that valuable thing they needed for them. I 

I sent someone this in a message, but I suppose it is relevant here.

My opinion is that the boss will be male. Gosho follows a simple rule 3 times out of 4: a woman will have a man in her circle of people who interact with her who is on average more competent. Competence is measured as the ability to solve cases, make plans, outsmart opposition, or command a dangerous situation.

Proves the rule

Ran <-- Shinichi

Ai/Shiho <-- Conan

Ayumi <--  Conan

Sonoko <-- Kaitou Kid, Makoto, Shinichi

Yukiko <-- Yuusaku

Kazuha <-- Heiji

Sumiko <-- Shiratori

Azusa <-- Amuro, Kogoro/Conan

Masumi <-- Shuukichi, Shuuichi, Shinichi

Yui <-- Kansuke, Koumei

Jodie <-- Shuuichi

Kir <-- Shuuichi, Ethan, Shinichi

Chianti <-- Gin

Aoko <-- Kaito

Chikage <-- Toichi

Akako <-- Kaito

About even or in violation (and note that for all of these but Naeko, the woman has been in trouble more times than the man has and needed rescuing.)

Eri <-- Kogoro

Sato <-- Takagi

Naeko <-- Chiba

Vermouth <-- Gin, Akai, Bourbon

Character pairs we don't know enough about: Shizuka and Heizo, Mary and Mr. Akai/Shuuichi

Vermouth is likely less competent than the boss, so to prove the rule that boss would be male. If the boss is top in competency then only a male boss would avoid violating the rule.

• Upvote 1