Detective Conan World
Noir

Anime-This-Season Chat/Discussion

TL;DR Talk whatever you want as long as it's about anime.

---

Well, I hope I won't be alone in this thread, trying hard to talk to other people or to myself, and I hope some people will actually chat with me here or, well, pay me attention 'cause I become an evil person when I do not get attention.

Anyway, I'd like to start. Currently, I'm watching Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai., Ao no Exorcist, [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, DOG DAYS, Hidan no Aria, and Steins;Gate this season (Spring 2011). Other series that I am currently watching are Fairy Tail, and, of course, Detective Conan. These are all great anime imo, but if I'd have to say my least favorite, it would be DOG DAYS and Hidan no Aria. My top favorites are the rest. :DD

TL;DR Talk whatever you want as long as it's about anime.

I Just begun watching Steins;Gate. It's fun, have a good plot and the idea is great. Unfortunately, only seven episodes has been subbed...

I Just begun watching Steins;Gate. It's fun, have a good plot and the idea is great. Unfortunately, only seven episodes has been subbed...

Yeah, yeah! I agree! But the ideas crawling into my brain about what would happen next is just so... absurd. It feels like it's going to be a great one, but a mind****ing one, just like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica's ending was really uncalled for.)

This has been stickied. Great thread idea!!

Thanks. :DD I'll update the thread once in a while with the seasons and all that to keep this thread alive. <3 weeaboos. xD

Lol.. I love how I started a thread rather similar to this XD

ikr? I get that feeling sometimes when I made a thread that's also as sticky-able as the others, but hey, I was trying hard to post my way through to make sure someone replies in this thread. xD I guess it was worth it. :))

:)

Well I don't have much time, but I suppose I can add to the conversation..

GoSick is epic. I forget if it's - well no I don't think it's quite this season.. Either way it's great :3 Uhm... We Still Don't Know the Name of The Flower We Saw That Day is really good as well, I should catch back up on [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko... Dog Days is just boring.. so unless I have nothing better to do I don't watch it lol..

Thoughts on Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Episode 6

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Time flew by, really. I wanted, just a bit more, of a drama between the mad Yukiatsu and the broken-hearted Tsuruko. But based on the preview, we'd get a bit more on it. YAA~AAY! And we'd get to see the diary~ Episode 7 might mess things up with the diary and all that, Yukiatsu, and all that.

Thoughts on [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control Episode 6:

Nah, the ending was more of a like... THAT WAS ENDING?! I mean, cut action scenes, and poof, he just gives the food to Msyu? Well, the song was cut off, so I'm pretty sure the Prince of Volunteering was pissed off when he lost. But I do hope we'd get some "reminiscence" on Kimimaro winning the game against that Prince. Owell, itw as good overall. It spent the whole time on the effects on reality, and what's the best solution to deal with them. But in the end, the Guild had the better idea, the long-term solution, I'd say.

:)

Well I don't have much time, but I suppose I can add to the conversation..

GoSick is epic. I forget if it's - well no I don't think it's quite this season.. Either way it's great :3 Uhm... We Still Don't Know the Name of The Flower We Saw That Day is really good as well, I should catch back up on [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko... Dog Days is just boring.. so unless I have nothing better to do I don't watch it lol..

I haven't watched GoSick yet, and I know very well that it is interesting since a lot of anime bloggers have been reviewing it. But I can't seem to have enough time for it. I got too many to watch this season. But... if I'm not mistaken, GoSick is a Summer 2011 anime. xD

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. is also a good drama series. I think it was great throughout every episode, but thinking what might come next is too hard. It's actually too good. Episode 5 had the biggest impact so far. (Haven't watched Episode 6 yet.)

And I do have a lot of expectations on [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. I can't say much about it, but I do hope it isn't disappointing. There's also the generic DOG DAYS. I just watch it for fun, as well. xD

And oh yeah! Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is a great anime. Produced by SHAFT? OH YEAH! It's definitely a must-watch for me, but if you can't laugh at the comedy, it surely isn't the right anime for you.

God, I just <3 the series this Spring 2011. Too many awesome anime~

I have new Anime discovered...Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and the sequel for it is Toaru Majutsu no Index..

Well,I know its not familiar but i think it would be fun to be watched

Oh,and fairy tail too..

I know it's not new,but I know everyone like it too

That's only..

I'm currently watching Detective Conan and Naruto Shippuden. About the new anime, I'm watching No. 6 and Usagi Drop.

As for 'No. 6', that's a Sci-Fi story. I like it. The plot and setting place are pretty good, especially for those who love imagining. It's recommended to watch.

It's been a while since this thread has been posted on and by goly a whole new season has started! Might as well get this up and running.

Let's see, a few anime for the spring of 2012 have caught my eye:

- Accel World (I've seen the first two episodes and it looks promising)

- Sankarea (watched the first episode and I'm willing to give it a try)

- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (the first episode is out and I'm planning on watching it really soon)

- Jormungand

- Hyouka

I've given myself a lot to keep track of, but each of these seems too good to pass up just yet.

Space Brothers

FEEL SO MOOOOONN

Hyouka

KyoAni delivers

Kuroko no Basket

best basketball anime ever. Better than Slam Dunk.

Explain?

(Haven't heard about it since I haven't watched anime in a while)

It's like Beck: Mongolian chop squad, with jazz. Some good drama, good ost that works really well to create mood, and decent characters.

I'll second Kyuu on this. It's pretty damn good and it takes quite a lot for me to get started on watching a new anime because I have so many other hobbies on my plate. Definitely recommend checking it out.

Hmmm, if both you guys recommend Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) I might give it a try. I've seen it mentioned a few times and I remember thinking of giving it a try, but I never got around to it. I have so many other anime shows to watch. I'm already watching 7 for this 2012 spring season and if I start watching Sakamichi no Apollon that'll bring the number up to 8. But heck, the first episode aired on my birthday. It has to be a sign. I'll watch the first episode when I find time and see if I like it.

If anyone needs motivation to give Kids on the Slope a chance here is some incentive...

Director is Shinichirō Watanabe... You know that director who put his mark on such shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Eureka Seven.

Producer is Masao Maruyama. Who has produced for Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Nana and Perfect Blue.

The other producer is Koji Yamamoto. The producer of Paradise Kiss, Shion no Ou, Jyu Oh Sei and Guilty Crown.

And then the composer is Yoko Kanno... (You know one of the people in the band the Seatbelts) Who composed the OSTs for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell:SAC, Wolf's Rain, Macross and Escaflone.

Legendary creative team is legendary. GIVE IT A SHOT!