Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Answer the Person Above You [Forum Game]

Yeah I got bit by a dog when I was a kid haha learned to like them as a I got older

What was your first thought when you woke up today? 

My family's gonna leave me at home alone to watch movies if I don't get up soon.

What do you think of Donald Trump?

2 hours ago, Rye said:

What do you think of Donald Trump?

Simply put, I don't agree with most, if not all, of his views, and the way he talks about other people concerns me. However, I do think his (and Sander's as well) candidacy and campaign have been significant, and I'm eager to see how it will affect the Republican and Democratic parties in the future. 

---------------------

Did you have any embarrassing usernames when you were younger? tumblr_m42rbkINWW1r58lid.png

On 6/2/2016 at 2:18 PM, .MK. said:

So you're saying that living beings are special?

But aren't we all made up of matter? and also free will has no real scientific basis since it's a hocus pocus thing and most scientist believes that it's nothing but an illusion. Determinism says so.

Also, human behaviour is predictable altho we haven't mastered it yet. That's the reason why we have psychology.

Anyways, my knowledge in science is somewhat only general so I might be wrong.

Psychology is not law. It predicts human tendency. It's far from a definite science.

Just because we make predictable choices doesn't mean we don't make choices at all. Is "free-will" not the process of making a decision? Why must it be an illusion? While it's indubitable that we're influenced by factors such as genes and environment, our future is not predetermined. Again, these factors merely influence us and are not the be-all and end-all of our choices.

Yes, we are made of matter, but we are also layers of abstraction. There's a lot of gray area regarding consciousness and why we're able to perceive things (though I wouldn't necessarily label it as "hocus pocus"). There are no amount of facts about the matter we're made of that can explain life or what its meaning is. So to answer your question, living beings are special in that sense.

19 hours ago, machine said:

Did you have any embarrassing usernames when you were younger? tumblr_m42rbkINWW1r58lid.png

erm... a lot more than I'd like to admit

--

favorite kind(s) of weather/climate and why

36 minutes ago, Kenzi said:

favorite kind(s) of weather/climate and why

Spring mornings right after a light shower. Preferably ~60 degrees with the sun up. It's refreshing, and probably the only time I'll feel not dead in early in the day.

==

Opinion on the Pledge of Allegiance?

8 hours ago, Kenzi said:

Psychology is not law. It predicts human tendency. It's far from a definite science.

Just because we make predictable choices doesn't mean we don't make choices at all. Is "free-will" not the process of making a decision? Why must it be an illusion? While it's indubitable that we're influenced by factors such as genes and environment, our future is not predetermined. Again, these factors merely influence us and are not the be-all and end-all of our choices.

Yes, we are made of matter, but we are also layers of abstraction. There's a lot of gray area regarding consciousness and why we're able to perceive things (though I wouldn't necessarily label it as "hocus pocus"). There are no amount of facts about the matter we're made of that can explain life or what its meaning is. So to answer your question, living beings are special in that sense.

Okay. :3

I think that's an opinionated thing since we don't have a conclusive evidence that says we have a free will or not. We can all just hypothesize and say this or that like as you said genes and environment just influences our decision but not determines it which I would not agree or disagree coz I'm kinda torn about it. This is really open to debate.

And, I'll say that Psychology is more of like a Protoscience thingy. If I'm not mistaken, its end goal of that field is to be able to completely understand human behaviour and predict our choices in life. (Not saying that it would meet its goal since we might have real free will as you said)

===

8 hours ago, Kirsch said:

Opinion on the Pledge of Allegiance?

I'm not a US citizen so I'll not answer that. So pass.

===

Opinion on the Rule of Law ("No one is above the law")?

I completely agree with it. 

===

St. Augustine once said, "An unjust law is no law at all." What do you think of it?

27 minutes ago, Rye said:

St. Augustine once said, "An unjust law is no law at all." What do you think of it?

In theory, I don't disagree with that.

------------------

What was the best field trip you went on in school? 

On 04/06/2016 at 11:54 AM, machine said:

I have never been embarassed of my usernames but some of my friends had a hard time telling others how to find me online.

¬New feature of the layout, backspacing does not erase the quotebox. ^w^

7 hours ago, machine said:

In theory, I don't disagree with that.

------------------

What was the best field trip you went on in school? 

I guess it was when we visited the Myth of the Human Body museum. Preserved real human cadavers were put on display while the tour guides explained stuff about the human body. It was pretty memorable. I also remember the time we went to the amusement park on a school trip. It was my first time riding a roller coaster, and I was with my friends. I had a great time.

===

How do you feel about the death penalty?

I'm not a fan of the quote "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth", but for a life definitely a life for a life but only if the murder is intentional or something .

So I'm a pro Death Penalty for intended murder. Rape, attempted murder and criminals who repeatedly commits a huge crime (like drug trafficking) maybe. Everything else, nope.

---

Favorite movie of all time?

The Virgin Suicides. I can never forget the angst, anger, sadness, helplessness that I felt while watching this very relatable movie for the first time.

Have you ever read a book written by a Pulitzer winner?

On 6/8/2016 at 0:50 PM, phantomlady1101 said:

Have you ever read a book written by a Pulitzer winner?

Probably....? Can't really remember, but one of the books I got for my birthday is a Pulitzer prize winner, so I will have soon! (It's called All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr)

------------

What was the first band you considered yourself a fan of?

I got my foot caught in my bike spokes once, and we had to have paramedics come and cut me out since we couldn't do it ourselves with wire cutters. :rolleyes: But other than that, fortunately, no. 

-----------

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Hm...can't remember any...but recently,I was playing skipping and my scarf got off while PE at school and I had to run extremely fast to the washroom to wear it again and my friend can't stop laughing, neither can I...so yeah,that was the most embarrassing moment in my life...

How do scientists know the properties of acid and how can they say that using litmus test and how come they know the reaction is acid/alkali if the paper turned into blue/red and how do they determine the ph of acid & alkali and why isn't it the opposite? (Had been really curious about this since I learned the topic and I'm pretty sure the teacher won't bother to answer since it's not in the syllabus/because the question is so long...)

P.S:sorry for my very very annoying question... 

Capture the Flag. You need at least 10 people for it to be enjoyable, but it's the most fun if you have like 16 or so people willing to play. It's really hard to get that many people together play though, and you also need a good amount of space to play. I really want to play it again though

------------

What websites were your favorites when you were younger?

Steal a big tree to plant over my grave.

What would you do if you woke up in a mangaka's body with a deadline on your head?

First, I would be so happy cause I can finally draw! If I can ACTUALLY draw, what's the problem in meeting the deadline then? :D

What would you do if a serial killer enters your house when you're alone and didn't have any phones or neighbors around?