Detective Conan World
Lia.

Shiho Miyano

Anyone else think that other then Vermouth no one in the BO is the age they should be? I really don't get Shihos "dog years" thing Plus Gin with his Pourshe what if he was born like in the early 1900s. Him and Vodka just strike me as old time Gangsters that should have tommy guns LOL.

I can't see Gin with a Tommy gun... Not his style... Gin is more of a 1 shot 1 kill kinda guy. Akai is the same way for that matter... People who prefer accuracy tend not to use full auto weapons... If Gin were to use an automatic he'd probably use a burst fire carbine, because those tend to be the most accurate. As for Vodka, I wouldn't trust him with a tommy gun, and I don't think Gin would either... I could totally see Gin snatching it from his hands and saying "Don't use that, you'll get us both caught."

As for the Porsche (by the by, that is how it is spelled, I cringed when I saw your spelling of it)... The 356A was first made in 1955-1960 iirc. SO! That is still after the time of the typical Italian gangsters with Tommy Guns. What I would LOVE to see (but hate to see at the same time for different reasons) is Gin getting the new version of the 356 in 2013. An upgrade would be awesome, because it would look pretty much the same with a modern engine. That is unless he has the 356A Carrera (same body, with a racing engine), in which case... damn.... I would have a new respect for Gin if that were the case.

As for Shiho... I can totally believe her back story. There have been geniuses who graduated from college as a young teenager. So her being a top scientist for the BO before she is 18 is actually plausible. Also that would be the reason she was sent to America where they more readily allow for rapid upward advancement. The Japanese education system is too uniform for that (hell that was even highlighted in M6).

Also as for Shiho and the reason why I have not yet posted in this thread... I agree with what was stipulated before... From a young age she probably showed signs of being a genius where as Akemi did not (though Chek's theory, is also quite plausible, but I don't agree with it and I'll explain for the hell of it). So while Shiho was groomed to be a scientist, Akemi was brought up normally, but still in the BO. However since she did not have any outstanding traits, she never received a code name. While Shiho with her being a top scientist was granted the code name of Sherry. It wasn't that Akemi was a half sister... It seems to me that code names are based upon achievement rather than whether you are in the BO or not. Vodka had to have done something to become the apprentice of Gin or he has certain skills that are useful to Gin and was thus given a code name and placed with Gin as an assistant. Shiho probably didn't get a code name until she proved herself in the lab, because she would have had to compete with several other scientists, and with an org that large, I doubt highly that all of them had code names (there aren't enough alcoholic beverages to allow that unless they start using mixed drinks). Probably only the top or head scientists had code names and the rest were like Akemi.

• Upvote 3

I think Shiho is Vermouth's and possibly Gin's daughter. :P

:o :o :o :o :o

mayb Ai was made by combining DNAs of two intelligent people because BO has needed a great scientist... :P :P

:o :o :o :o :o :o

I can't see Gin with a Tommy gun... Not his style... Gin is more of a 1 shot 1 kill kinda guy. Akai is the same way for that matter... People who prefer accuracy tend not to use full auto weapons... If Gin were to use an automatic he'd probably use a burst fire carbine, because those tend to be the most accurate. As for Vodka, I wouldn't trust him with a tommy gun, and I don't think Gin would either... I could totally see Gin snatching it from his hands and saying "Don't use that, you'll get us both caught."

As for the Porsche (by the by, that is how it is spelled, I cringed when I saw your spelling of it)... The 356A was first made in 1955-1960 iirc. SO! That is still after the time of the typical Italian gangsters with Tommy Guns. What I would LOVE to see (but hate to see at the same time for different reasons) is Gin getting the new version of the 356 in 2013. An upgrade would be awesome, because it would look pretty much the same with a modern engine. That is unless he has the 356A Carrera (same body, with a racing engine), in which case... damn.... I would have a new respect for Gin if that were the case.

As for Shiho... I can totally believe her back story. There have been geniuses who graduated from college as a young teenager. So her being a top scientist for the BO before she is 18 is actually plausible. Also that would be the reason she was sent to America where they more readily allow for rapid upward advancement. The Japanese education system is too uniform for that (hell that was even highlighted in M6).

Also as for Shiho and the reason why I have not yet posted in this thread... I agree with what was stipulated before... From a young age she probably showed signs of being a genius where as Akemi did not (though Chek's theory, is also quite plausible, but I don't agree with it and I'll explain for the hell of it). So while Shiho was groomed to be a scientist, Akemi was brought up normally, but still in the BO. However since she did not have any outstanding traits, she never received a code name. While Shiho with her being a top scientist was granted the code name of Sherry. It wasn't that Akemi was a half sister... It seems to me that code names are based upon achievement rather than whether you are in the BO or not. Vodka had to have done something to become the apprentice of Gin or he has certain skills that are useful to Gin and was thus given a code name and placed with Gin as an assistant. Shiho probably didn't get a code name until she proved herself in the lab, because she would have had to compete with several other scientists, and with an org that large, I doubt highly that all of them had code names (there aren't enough alcoholic beverages to allow that unless they start using mixed drinks). Probably only the top or head scientists had code names and the rest were like Akemi.

I just have to agree... B) and a rep for you ;)