Detective Conan World
Lia.

Shiho Miyano

Hi guys! I started this thread because I've been wondering something.

I read in the DCW Wiki about Shiho Miyano. It said that the BO made sure that Ai was specially trained to become a scientist.

So I thought: Why Ai? Why not her sister instead? What made the Organization select her exclusively to be a scientist?

What do you guys think?

I read in the DCW Wiki about Shiho Miyano. It said that the BO made sure that Ai was specially trained to become a scientist.

So I thought: Why Ai? Why not her sister instead? What made the Organization select her exclusively to be a scientist?

What do you guys think?

I have maintained a theory that Akemi and Shiho may only be half sisters, or perhaps they are unrelated and told they were sisters. Shiho and Akemi are different looking and their ages are somewhat distant: 6 or 7 years, which isn't unreasonable, but there is enough space between them to consider the possibility. If one or both of their parents are different it may explain their differing fates within the organization.
  • Upvote 3

I think Shiho was more fit to be a scientist. The BO must have tried to get Akemi to follow her parents' footsteps, but when that failed, they moved onto Shiho, who gained her parents' intellect in science.

• Upvote 1

I think it's because they were born in different places. Akemi had a life of more freedom, so they definitely had different pasts.

• Upvote 1

i think Akemi was to old to be fully trained to become a scientist.

So they chose Shiho because they can learn it to her from her childhood to adulthood so yeah that's what i think xD

I have maintained a theory that Akemi and Shiho may only be half sisters, or perhaps they are unrelated and told they were sisters. Shiho and Akemi are different looking and their ages are somewhat distant: 6 or 7 years, which isn't unreasonable, but there is enough space between them to consider the possibility. If one or both of their parents are different it may explain their differing fates within the organization.

But what's wrong with that age difference? It's actually quie common in asian families..... A number of my friends and I are younger than our siblings by 4 to 8 years.....

7 years of an age difference isn't that uncommon, I'm 7 years younger than my brother :P As for the difference in their looks, I think Akemi probably got the Japanese looks amd Haibara got the more British genes... or Haibara's features could be from a recessive gene in the British half of the family :3

7 years of an age difference isn't that uncommon, I'm 7 years younger than my brother :P As for the difference in their looks, I think Akemi probably got the Japanese looks amd Haibara got the more British genes... or Haibara's features could be from a recessive gene in the British half of the family :3

I think the age thing is okay my friend and her sister are 13 year apart

And they could be sister u can find black and white twins, and in china I saw these brother and sister who look nothing alike but from the same parents

What do you guys think?

Ai was definitely smarter than her sister. And she was and is kinda cynical, reserved, isolated--which makes a perfect BO scientist, I think.

I think Shiho is Vermouth's and possibly Gin's daughter. :P

ahahahaha!!

i feel it goes to extremes... :P

but i wonder if she is intentionally MADE person... :mellow:

What do you guys think?

I don't think anyone knows for certain, everything right now are just guesses - I always just assumed that as a baby, Shiho showed genius-level intelligence and was handpicked from the Organization. I read somewhere that at 18 she possessed PHD mastery of whatever she does (sciency-chem-bio stuff).

hrm... for this my beliefs (whether stated before or not i've no clue as i'm falling asleep and am too lazy to read it all) akemi was tested to see if she had the intellect and possibility to become an amazing scientist, but when she didn't they gave up on her and then decided to try on the next daughter... hoping she would live up to the intellect of her parents... and when she showed signs of genius, they started to sculpt her into just that, a prodigy in the science field, the best scientist in the world :) and i must say, she is the best ever <3

hrm... for this my beliefs (whether stated before or not i've no clue as i'm falling asleep and am too lazy to read it all) akemi was tested to see if she had the intellect and possibility to become an amazing scientist, but when she didn't they gave up on her and then decided to try on the next daughter... hoping she would live up to the intellect of her parents... and when she showed signs of genius, they started to sculpt her into just that, a prodigy in the science field, the best scientist in the world :) and i must say, she is the best ever <3

I once thought that too, but if it really was the case, then why would Gosho have to hide it anyway ? :lol: It's not like this information would spoil something important about the plot... And I believe he has never let Haibara or anyone explain this question.

Anyone else think that other then Vermouth no one in the BO is the age they should be? I really don't get Shihos "dog years" thing Plus Gin with his Pourshe what if he was born like in the early 1900s. Him and Vodka just strike me as old time Gangsters that should have tommy guns LOL.