Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

How did you come across Detective Conan?

I like Kid too, but I never expected the series to be really good. I think it was appealing for some since it was from Kid's perspective. Even the whole adding Conan in one of the episodes.....meh lol still didn't do it for me.

I dropped it before they did the Ryouma case, so I don't know how well they did Conan on that. The Black Star was just a copy and paste of the Kid scenes though.

First came across the German Dub between 2004-2006 on TV, when a channel called RTLII had their anime afternoon from 13:00 - 17:00 (Dragonball, Ranma, YuGiOh and stuff). Didn't follow after German Dub ended, came back in the beginning of 2014 out of curiosity and now I'm loving it :D

I dropped it before they did the Ryouma case, so I don't know how well they did Conan on that. The Black Star was just a copy and paste of the Kid scenes though.

Just the usual "outsmarts KID for a moment, then doesn't catch him"

Just the usual "outsmarts KID for a moment, then doesn't catch him"

*facepalm* The least they can do in a non-canon series is to have Conan catch him and make fanfic writers squeal xD

In my case , I watched the first promo of Detective Conan and found it very interesting. I daily watched the show until they stopped airing it.Now I watch DC with English subtitles on Internet.

• Upvote 1

First came across the German Dub between 2004-2006 on TV, when a channel called RTLII had their anime afternoon from 13:00 - 17:00 (Dragonball, Ranma, YuGiOh and stuff). Didn't follow after German Dub ended, came back in the beginning of 2014 out of curiosity and now I'm loving it :D

RTLII was one of the bast back in the day

that was also my source

Oh my gosh!! I'm soooo glad u made this topic  :D  I came across it when I was like 6-7. Maybe even 5. I was in Thailand and I turned on the TV. I didn't know what it was and it was only a few minutes of it, so I forgot about it. Over the years I heard about from time to time, but ignored it cause I didn't know what it was. 

THEN................ My best friends and I had a sleepover at her house, and during the day, they wanted to watch a movie. MOVIE 2 to be exact. I was so confused at the beginning, but good think Agasa-hakase kind of explained things. I got totally hooked, and then 6 grade started. I spent everyday after school on my computer  :lol:  :lol:  Now I'm up to date with the episodes. I just want Shinichi and Ran to kiss at least once!!!! Does anyone agree????

• Upvote 1

I just want Shinichi and Ran to kiss at least once!!!! Does anyone agree????

we'd be trolled big time if they didn't by the end of the series

I first watched Detective Conan on TV, I watched it there until episode 332(it was dubbed until that episode at that time, now I think they're in the 370s), but after a while I forgot about it and began watching other anime, then last year, I saw a video that talks about top 5 mystery anime, one of them was Detective Conan, it was episode 538 so I got interested again and I thought it's about time I catch up, so I started watching it then continued to read the manga.

I first watched Detective Conan on TV, I watched it there until episode 332(it was dubbed until that episode at that time, now I think they're in the 370s), but after a while I forgot about it and began watching other anime, then last year, I saw a video that talks about top 5 mystery anime, one of them was Detective Conan, it was episode 538 so I got interested again and I thought it's about time I catch up, so I started watching it then continued to read the manga.

are you talking about RTLII

I first saw Detective Conan in a TV network in the Philippines when I was 8 years old.

that was way way back 2002...

I don't remember my first episode. haha

It's in GMA right? But now, DC is gone. But, it's ok if it's gone because they just repeat the episodes all over again. It's better to watch in the internet or read manga instead.

Oh my gosh!! I'm soooo glad u made this topic  :D  I came across it when I was like 6-7. Maybe even 5. I was in Thailand and I turned on the TV. I didn't know what it was and it was only a few minutes of it, so I forgot about it. Over the years I heard about from time to time, but ignored it cause I didn't know what it was. 

THEN................ My best friends and I had a sleepover at her house, and during the day, they wanted to watch a movie. MOVIE 2 to be exact. I was so confused at the beginning, but good think Agasa-hakase kind of explained things. I got totally hooked, and then 6 grade started. I spent everyday after school on my computer  :lol:  :lol:  Now I'm up to date with the episodes. I just want Shinichi and Ran to kiss at least once!!!! Does anyone agree????

Yeah, i agree. Never saw them kiss, even just once. Only Sato and Takagi! XD

It's in GMA right? But now, DC is gone. But, it's ok if it's gone because they just repeat the episodes all over again. It's better to watch in the internet or read manga instead.

:D really? it has ended already in GMA? :rolleyes: They never air newer episodes lol

I stumbled across it on TV as well in India about 6-7 years ago when I was pretty young, only watched some episodes, even some friends in my school enjoyed that show. I for some reason lost track of it, but I again started watching it 2 years ago and the days I spent marathoning that anime I had some of the best time of my life, and I'm not exaggerating at all. I got into anime around that time as well and the whole thing was a pretty amazing experience, helped me to mature a lot.

I discovered this series in 2010 or 2009 while searching on internet for information about Hayao Miyazaki's series "Future boy Conan", and found this other Conan in the results. I immediately became interested after reading it was a detective series which also contained a childhood friend romance sub-plot too, a nice combination in my opinion.

I first came across Conan 

by taping tv onto VHS tapes in 2005-2006

I was recording all of Cartoon Networks [Adult Swim] block

At that point Conan was airing at 3am or something

The first episode I saw was episode 2

had to wait until they aired all the way up to 50

before I actually got to see episode 1. 

In a way it felt kind of weirdly worth it to watch it that way. 

I first came across Conan 

by taping tv onto VHS tapes in 2005-2006

I was recording all of Cartoon Networks [Adult Swim] block

At that point Conan was airing at 3am or something

The first episode I saw was episode 2

had to wait until they aired all the way up to 50

before I actually got to see episode 1. 

In a way it felt kind of weirdly worth it to watch it that way. 

I'd say my encounter with the series was pretty similar, although I'm not sure when it aired on Adult Swim or when I caught it, but I think 2004 or 05. I don't think I ever caught all 50 episodes though. I remember it being such a tease at the time when Conan returned to being "Jimmy" for the first time though.

It did have a really crappy time-slot though, which was quite frustrating. (I think 1am EST). I remember buying a bunch of cheap blank tapes down at the dollar store to record it after almost immediately falling in love with it after seeing the first few episodes (Them TDKs!).

Unfortunately, I moved out soon after, and my father relocated, and I have no clue where the tapes are. It's a shame too, not that I couldn't rewatch those episodes, but seeing all the commercials, and those special bumpers before each episode was pretty cool! I haven't really "watched" Adult Swim in years, last time I flipped it on I was really disappointed in what has become of it though. Sometimes I like to just wallow in my nostalgia and let it consume me.

I suppose I take things a bit for granted now, given it's been a whole decade later, but I'm still in love with the series despite some of its flaws and some of the recent story arcs.

Sorry for rambling!

• Upvote 1

Here's the bumper for your nostalgia fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwzpDnIUEw

It was pretty much the same for me too. I caught a promo for it on Adult Swim, watched the first episode when it first aired back in '04, and was a follower from that point on.

I wish they had used bumpers like that during the second run though airing because nothing like that appears on any of my 2005+ tapes. 

My elder brother and female cousin (born in 1986 and 1985) had been keeping Conan as a whole since who knows when in her house. As I remember, in spring 2001, I came to her house on a hoilday. My brother and her played cards, and since I'd not known how to play yet, I went look for some manga (I didn't even know the word "manga" back then). That's how I discovered Conan and was scared to death. Not until 3 years later did I dare to read it again after I finished my semester-end exam and had nothing to do, and found out which case and volume I read the first time :)) At that time my cousin and brother'd entered uni so I became the one keeping the mangas (from vol about 45-46~~).

Now I'm waiting for vol.85 to be published and added to my collection :))

11 or 12 on a school night while watching adult swim. I think I was in 4th or 5th grade. It was an episode where conan switched to shinchi and back again. i really liked that so it interested me. I think back then it was called Case Closed. So later when I found it in my town's library by chance I read the volumes available.  :D