Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

How did you come across Detective Conan?

Umm... If you didn't notice, you accidentally made a double-thread. Please be careful about that, even though I know it's probably just your computer being laggy.

This sounds similar to a previous thread (First Impressions), but I guess it qualifies as different :).

I first heard about DC from my parents. It's really popular in Asia, or at least the part where I was from, and considered a classic (I guess...?). That was back when I was in preschool, but I recently started really watching when my dad randomly popped up the Cherry Blossom special right after our weekly Naruto episode. That was when I got curious. Then hooked. Then addicted. :D

Well I first knew it when I was just around 8 or something. At first, I thought it was a childish show but I really liked it sooner.

P.S. Anyway, there's already a thread about this, if I remember and you shouldn't have created one. Check the thread reference thread stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

Well I first knew it when I was just around 8 or something. At first, I thought it was a childish show but I really liked it sooner.

P.S. Anyway, there's already a thread about this, if I remember and you shouldn't have created one. Check the thread reference thread stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

Would it be okay to copy and paste my post to that thread? O.o

I first heard about DC from my parents. It's really popular in Asia, or at least the part where I was from, and considered a classic (I guess...?). That was back when I was in preschool, but I recently started really watching when my dad randomly popped up the Cherry Blossom special right after our weekly Naruto episode. That was when I got curious. Then hooked. Then addicted. :D

i came across detective conan when we had a free preview of tv japan, one Thursday i was watching the channel, so i could see a Japanese anime, and case closed came on and one character seemed to interest me ( heiji hattori) so then i found out our library system carries the manga, so i went there and checked out a few of the manga's and then i was hooked after reading them

I came across Detective Conan from Breakerz, actually. Well, I've known about Case Closed since I was about 9 or 10, by seeing previews of it on other Animes my brother used to rent from Netflix and I remember flipping through pages of the case closed manga at bookstores. Back then, I didn't care much for it for some reason. :/

Anyways, I found out about Breakerz, through Acid Black Cherry, and discovered Detective Conan through Breakerz. So, I looked up Breakerz and watched some of their PVs on youtube, then I spotted the Detective Conan opening "Miss Mystery", so I decided to watch it and check it out. And I was like "Hey! I remember this anime. It's about a little kid who solves mysteries!" Well, after that I watched a few more Detective Conan openings and closings by Breakerz like "Everlasting Luv", "Hikari","Overwrite", and "Tsukiyo no Itazura no mahou", so I decided to check it out. At first I watched a bit of the countdown to heaven movie, then I decided to look for the first episode in English (Got lost at first and accidently watched half of episode 62. :P ) and after I watched the first episode, I wanted to watch episode 2, since I was getting curious, and soon, I became instantly hooked and began to watch episode 2 and so on.

Now, It's about the only anime I watch and manga I read. (Not too big on anime and manga these days. :/) I love it soo much! ^_^

As for me I did watch it random on Tv in Singapore when I was small like 6/7 year old only about 5/6 episode that time. Now 19 year old  so as i done watching Pokémon after 800+ episode and i was looking for other anime to watch. So on KissAnime.com i clicked the most popular selection. The first one was one piece okay... so i try watching for the 1st episode, but in the end it didn't attract me at all so i roll the  page looking for other popular ones 3rd like was Naruto Shippuden? my fav one... so and on 8th Detective Conan so i give it a try watch 1,2 episode it was damm good... after 10+ episode i feel that this anime can be par with Naurto =)   i am so addicted to this anime 

As for me I did watch it random on Tv in Singapore when I was small like 6/7 year old only about 5/6 episode that time. So as i done watching Pokémon after 800+ episode and i was looking for other anime to watch. So on KissAnime.com i clicked the most popular selection. The first one was one piece okay... so i try watching for the 1st episode, but in the end it didn't attract me at all so i roll the  page looking for other popular ones 3rd like was Naruto Shippuden? my fav one... so and on 8th Detective Conan so i give it a try watch 1,2 episode it was damm good... after 10+ episode i feel that this anime can be par with Naurto =)   i am so addicted to this anime 

But-but... One Piece > DC.

It seems that everyone stumbled across DC in their childhood...

Yeah ^^ I know One Piece is good like everyone say. Cause some anime only attract people after watching more episode...

Btw Is the quote button spoil? I clicked nothing came out =.=

Yeah ^^ I know One Piece is good like everyone say. Cause some anime only attract people after watching more episode...

Yeah. If I didn't have the patience, One Piece would've become on of those forgotten animes.

Are you using Internet Explorer? It doesn't work. Try practically any other browser, and it will.

It should be working as it should be.

I first discovered this show a looooooong time ago.

My sister introduced it to me in Chinese dub. I was really young at the time so I didn't give it much thought. 

Afterwards, before I discovered how magical the internet was, I would sneak into my sister's room every time she watched it.

It wasn't until years later when I decided to pick it back up and follow it at my own pace. I haven't dropped it since.

I was in middle school and was board of the books I was reading and just so happened to see Detective Conan. I took one look at the first chapter and I was hooked. 

I first discovered this show a looooooong time ago.

My sister introduced it to me in Chinese dub. I was really young at the time so I didn't give it much thought. 

Afterwards, before I discovered how magical the internet was, I would sneak into my sister's room every time she watched it.

It wasn't until years later when I decided to pick it back up and follow it at my own pace. I haven't dropped it since.

Oh, I used to watch anime in Chinese dub. I didn't mind at first, but now: Eww...

Lol unlike most fans, I found DC thanks to Magic Kaito...and Lady Gaga. I was listening to "Poker Face" when I saw an MK AMV on the side. I clicked on it, then found about DC when I went to the MK wikia. Weird way to find anime 0_0

Lol unlike most fans, I found DC thanks to Magic Kaito...and Lady Gaga. I was listening to "Poker Face" when I saw an MK AMV on the side. I clicked on it, then found about DC when I went to the MK wikia. Weird way to find anime 0_0

Haha, when I read the first sentence, I thought you had joined because of the Magic Kaito 1412 series. I'm kind of relieved it was via an AMV. AMVs are awesome.

Haha, when I read the first sentence, I thought you had joined because of the Magic Kaito 1412 series. I'm kind of relieved it was via an AMV. AMVs are awesome.

I was thinking the same! cause that would be disastrous.

I think MK 1412 has a fanbase somewhere. I really want to find it, and...

I've lost interest in it. Forcing myself to watch these episodes at this point.

I've lost interest in it. Forcing myself to watch these episodes at this point.

*pats* I've already given up hope. I think they're going to make an alternate ending though, so I'll force myself to watch the finale if others deem it worthy.

*pats* I've already given up hope. I think they're going to make an alternate ending though, so I'll force myself to watch the finale if others deem it worthy.

Likewise. IMO, the hype before MK12 started wasn't necessary now that I've watched it.

Likewise. IMO, the hype before MK12 started wasn't necessary now that I've watched it.

I think I was part of the hype xD I really like Kaitou Kid (yup, no shame in that), but this series... It's terrible. Weirdly paced, unappealing animation, and I have absolutely no idea what they're going to do with the remaining 12 episodes.

I think I was part of the hype xD I really like Kaitou Kid (yup, no shame in that), but this series... It's terrible. Weirdly paced, unappealing animation, and I have absolutely no idea what they're going to do with the remaining 12 episodes.

I like Kid too, but I never expected the series to be really good. I think it was appealing for some since it was from Kid's perspective. Even the whole adding Conan in one of the episodes.....meh lol still didn't do it for me.