Detective Conan World
Kid the Phantom Thief

Osama bin Laden death discussion

Okay... So, now it seems like Osama bin Laden is dead.. and Obama was behind it all!?! Well, I don't have much to say, so I just think it's up to you guys to discuss about this topic!

You can watch the speech by Obama HERE!!!

Have a good day :)

[EDIT] Oh, and he died yesterday.. I forgot that part! :P

Osama bin Laden's death is indeed a good new for Americans. But i don't think their happiness will last long, because someday there'll be another Osama bin Laden terrorize USA again.

Osama bin Laden's death is indeed a good new for Americans. But i don't think their happiness will last long, because someday there'll be another Osama bin Laden terrorize USA again.

Probably true.

Yup, I've thought about the same thing too! But I don't think their morale is so high right now, and the americans morale is probably high!

That's a good news for the Americans but bad news because the group is still there.. *hoping that it will be lost or dissolved someday*

IMPORTANT! I don't want to see any bad comments, neither about Osama OR Obama!

FYI, discussions regarding politics can only lead to bad comments...

I meant something serious... <_<

Who know, but i think the terrorism will remain the same, Bin Laden have been already history years ago. There are chances that al-Qaeda will make another bombing, use 'revenge' as excuse, i don't know, i'm not politician.

Serious enough ?

Who know, but i think the terrorism will remain the same, Bin Laden have been already history years ago. There are chances that al-Qaeda will make another bombing, use 'revenge' as excuse, i don't know, i'm not politician.

Serious enough ?

Sure, it's serious enough! :P

Oi oi, so Americans are the only people this affects?

Anyway, this isn't really a huge stepping stone, the second-in-command is obviously just provoked into avenging their founder. All it does is show that both sides are gonna get more and more at each others throats. The Americans have more morale now, yes, I'll admit that, but, by killing Osama they're adding fuel to the fire. Also, saying essentially 'God is on America's side' isn't the smartest thing to do. It hasn't factored in that not everyone is Christian and, again, is just more likely to provoke Al-Qaeda into action. I'm totally bored by the way....

(Sorry if I come across badly in this, I seriously don't mean to)

:mrgreen:

:lol:

Apparently there're a lot of people in Pakistan angry over bin Laden's death (source), and some people consider him a martyr for . . . for fighting the man, I guess. I think there'll be some more suicide bombers/terrorist attacks in the near future.

At the same time, right now Obama gained a lot of momentum for having bin Laden dead (and if his speech about how the mission specifically targeted bin Laden and took care to avoid civilian deaths, good for him), so he might be able to pull the military out of Iraq and Afghanistan now, and maybe really close down Guantanamo for good. Get rid of the stupid Patriot Act while we're at it. Since the civilian casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq drive all those religious extremists into terrorism, if the soldiers pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and Guantanamo is closed down, we might actually see a reduction in terrorism in the future - that and if Obama/some future US president publicly apologizes for all the civilian casualties. Oh and tell the truth about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, all the media spin doesn't serve to do anything but to keep US citizens ignorant, since Iraqi and Afghanistani people know what's going on.

That's my two cents. ^^;

Well, at least it will ease their pain from 11/9 a little.

It's 9/11... Am I the only one from the US here?!

im pretty sure everyone knows about this... :V

I can't go 5 minutes without hearing it somewhere...

Well, I guess it's good news but in five months they'll just have another leader. So, basically we're dealing with a Hydra.

Well, I guess it's good news but in five months they'll just have another leader. So, basically we're dealing with a Hydra.

I hear their next-in-command isn't as strong, so it could be a larger hit.

It's 9/11... Am I the only one from the US here?!

I can't go 5 minutes without hearing it somewhere...

In my country, it's dd/mm, i get used to this, so i mean 9/11.

In my country, it's dd/mm, i get used to this, so i mean 9/11.

Oh, sorry, I forgot... I wonder how much I'll hear it today since the novelty's worn off...