Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Kaito's fear of fish

I think no one knows the reason behind that unless there are some clues given by Gosho.

I don't think there really is a reason. It's most likely there purely for comic purposes. MK isn't like DC where (almost) everything has to be explained.

What are you talking about? Kid never impersonated Kudo. According to the manga kid still doesn't know. I'm talking about Aoko... Of she learns that kid has a fear of fish it won't take a genius to be suspicious of him.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Maybe Kaito just thinks fish are hideous and creepy. I mean, they never close their eyes so maybe one day when he was little, his mom served fish and he got freaked out about the eye or something? XD That's the only freaky part of a fish I can think of :3

The world will probably never know why Kaito's afraid of fish.

The only real reason I can think of would be a magic trick gone wrong when he was younger. Fish tanks, almost drowning, something similar to that.

What are you talking about? Kid never impersonated Kudo. According to the manga kid still doesn't know. I'm talking about Aoko... Of she learns that kid has a fear of fish it won't take a genius to be suspicious of him.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

the EOA "Trap Island": kids gets "fished" down and his handglider is destroyed by trees Ayumi and the the 2 other boy detectives mistake him for Kudo Shin and I believe movie 8 he impersonates Kudo @ the theater :)

and yes Aoko would probly, almost certainly know by seeing Kid react to fish that he is kaito.

still... I don't thing Kudo would turn in Kaito if they knew what they are who/do what they do.

the EOA "Trap Island": kids gets "fished" down and his handglider is destroyed by trees Ayumi and the the 2 other boy detectives mistake him for Kudo Shin and I believe movie 8 he impersonates Kudo @ the theater :)

and yes Aoko would probly, almost certainly know by seeing Kid react to fish that he is kaito.

still... I don't thing Kudo would turn in Kaito if they knew what they are who/do what they do.

OVA and movies are noncanon, and thus don't exist in my mind for discussions such as these. I follow manga canon. And some I'd rather never existed... I hated Kid in movie 8. Mainly because even if he knew, he wouldn't do that because it would implicate his cover if he was discovered... Also taking out the fun of figuring out who Kid is ruins the fun of having Kid as a character.

i just got finished watching the "Ordinary citizen bombing" episode .. Mouri started talking almost as soon as conan finished impersonating his voice.. when did he wake up ? was he like Henjji and listening while pretending to sleep ?

yeah having two teenage detectives that share identity info fully with conan would be like adding too much sause to the rice. :)

Movie 15 is out !! :D

ID ALMOST DIE LAUGHING!HAHAHA! Conan could defeat Kid in that way. Besides If the Police would use fish as a prevention of Kid stealing objects, they could capture him easily.

I heard he was once swallow by a big fish or something like that and got rescued...

If it's Hakuba or Aoko come to catch Kaitou Kid personally, Aoko likely to win if she accidentally bring fish. But I think it's this way he can get over the phobia if he choose not to put down poker mask.

Throughout the series you see Kaito has a massive fear for fish.

Ive also seen episodes/ova`s that he had a fear for bugs and wild boars.

Did he get swallowed by a giant fish or something as a kid? :P

Cause you aint born with a fear. He must of developed it. 

Bugs? Which one? Kaito isn't scared of reptiles, as seen in OVA 10, where he protected Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko from crocodiles. That wild boar thing, looked mad and I would probably run away from it too. (But it will probably catch up to me REALLY quick because I am not good at running. :P)

His fish phobia is funny, though ^~^

I reckon it's possibly to do with how Touichi died, I mean, his death is pretty mysterious and all we know for certain is that he was murdered and made to look like an accident.

Also, if they do do it in an OVA it'd have to be pretty amazing for it to make up for it's non-canonness (<-weird word).

Maybe the black organization killed him. 

But it does intrigue me, the idea of making an Ova to explain what happened and I would also like to see how Yuusaku  and Touichi first meet. Plus if Yuusaku has such a great mind why didn't he investigate the death of his rival ? They really need to elaborate more on the relationships between the Kuroba and kudo family too