Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Kaito's fear of fish

I'm actually more interested in the why than what.

True, I mean, you aren't just born with a fear of fish...

Although I do think it'd be funny if Conan threw a fish...but most fans agree that Kaito would have a good enough of a Poker Face to just about pull the heist off and manage to escape unscathed if there were fish...

• Upvote 1

I don't think we should really be looking too deep into this. Don't forget that Kaito Kid is more a comic relief character than anything else, and his fear of fish was probably just invented for that purpose.

I don't think we should really be looking too deep into this. Don't forget that Kaito Kid is more a comic relief character than anything else, and his fear of fish was probably just invented for that purpose.

Agree, but this thread was made just for fun, so i don't think there is any problem looking into this.

I think instead of using high-tech protection system, Nakamura should just put the jewels into a fish tank.

True, but the thing is, why would Aoyama-sensei bother to start writing Magic Kaito and have his character have this fear if he planned to not have a story behind it? Kaito may be funny and a comic relief, but there's always a story. Everyone has a story, it just depends on whether or not you can make them tell you it.

There might be a story behind it (that's not even sure). But I don't think it will be told except if MK starts being published again. I don't see the story being told in DC, and I don't want it to be told in DC because the universe just does not fit.

In MK, there's no doubt Kaito has a story and a certain depth. But in DC, he's a comic relief character with absolutely no depth and unless Gosho goes againt what he's already said, the character will not have any role in DC's plot.

There might be a story behind it (that's not even sure). But I don't think it will be told except if MK starts being published again. I don't see the story being told in DC, and I don't want it to be told in DC because the universe just does not fit.

In MK, there's no doubt Kaito has a story and a certain depth. But in DC, he's a comic relief character with absolutely no depth and unless Gosho goes againt what he's already said, the character will not have any role in DC's plot.

True. Kaito's fear doesn't really appear in DC either, thus we can conclude that if there is a reason, it'll only be shown in MK.

I reckon it's possibly to do with how Touichi died, I mean, his death is pretty mysterious and all we know for certain is that he was murdered and made to look like an accident.

Also, if they do do it in an OVA it'd have to be pretty amazing for it to make up for it's non-canonness (<-weird word).

...Conan found out about his "issue" with fish LMAO..

better than a soccer ball and it gives new meaning to flying fish lol, and it'd also makes it easier for conan to tell if kid is in disguise :)..the other detective boys (cept ai-chan) could tell him about what "Kudo" said on Trap Island @ the picnic by the river.

Aoko: Let's play a card game!

Kaito: *smirks* This'll be easy. You know you can't beat me in cards, Aoko. I accept your challenge.

Aoko: Really? *mysterious smirk* Alright. Let's play Go fish!

Kaito: *pales* Uh, um, I don't feel very good...

Aoko: (mischievously) You promised.

Kaito: *runs*

Does anyone wonder where his fear started? What could have possibly happened to make him afraid of fish.

I think no one knows the reason behind that unless there are some clues given by Gosho.

Aoko: Let's play a card game!

Kaito: *smirks* This'll be easy. You know you can't beat me in cards, Aoko. I accept your challenge.

Aoko: Really? *mysterious smirk* Alright. Let's play Go fish!

Kaito: *pales* Uh, um, I don't feel very good...

Aoko: (mischievously) You promised.

Kaito: *runs*

It would be cool if they're playing fish hunting. :P

I'll be honest and say that it is possible that it won't affect him in his Kaitou Kid persona. Even if it does, he would force himself to work through it, because that would give him away almost instantly and he knows this. Also, like most actors they can ignore their own personal fears in lieu of keeping their character up, but instead trying to mimic the fears of those they are impersonating.

i just thought of something.. what if they already told conan about "shin" being afraid of fish?

what would he do if he found out kid's identity? Kid knows his right ?

I do realize that it would change the "chase" a bit if conan knew kids identity.. BUT if they each knew the reason: why shin is now 7 and why kaito became the kid. wouldn't that knowledge help them in understanding each other ? So many ways to add to the story..

btw: so the reason Kid is stealing gems is to find the gem that glows red by full moon and grants imortality? (I didn't hear anything about that in the TV series, tho i do know he's looking for the people who supposedly killed his dad)

I'll be honest and say that it is possible that it won't affect him in his Kaitou Kid persona. Even if it does, he would force himself to work through it, because that would give him away almost instantly and he knows this. Also, like most actors they can ignore their own personal fears in lieu of keeping their character up, but instead trying to mimic the fears of those they are impersonating.

True, but Kaito was just "loosely" inpersonating Kudo, to keep the kids safe and so they wouldn't know what he looked like without his hat and monicle. it's easier to be brought out of charachter the less one plays into it.