Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Should the DC series end? Longer or shorter DC?

longer or shorter series  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want DC to go past or stay at this year?

• go past this year
    • stop at this year

It's almost definite now that it won't end this year, 2013, due to Gosho interview.

Since I don't have a very long attention span, I kind of want it to end soon... I hope he starts to cut the cheese this year and make huge progress in the actual story line... And stop the repetitive spin-off cases.

I just can't stand filler episodes (especially anime original cases, most of them are just stupid). That's why I switched to the manga, the story progresses faster. If the crimes keep their interesting plots, I don't mind if the series continues forever ^_^

Ok guys, I am going to start my first topic. Should DC end! I am just wondering if you guys want DC to finish. Gosho Aoyama said that he knows who Anokata is but he just needs to draw. Personally, I think the series should keep going on. I would really like to know your opinion on this topic :D

I don't know... To be honest, I've always wished for an ending. But now I think about it, I don't want it to end... 

Maybe there should be an epilogue to the ending.

Or, the anime and manga series end, but movies and OVAs carry on. Just saying...

I don't know... To be honest, I've always wished for an ending. But now I think about it, I don't want it to end... 

Maybe there should be an epilogue to the ending.

Or, the anime and manga series end, but movies and OVAs carry on. Just saying...

u sound unsure

Lol.

Of course Aoyama knows who the Boss of the Black Org. is, he is the writer after all. :V

It will end at some point because Aoyama is not immortal and neither his readers. And even if for some reason we become immortal, not having an ending for a series is going to be super annoying and disappointing.

Yes. It is way to long and going for 700+ episodes is really pushing it even for an anime. Not to mention they're bound to reuse cases for these episodes since there's only so much you can do in regards to Detective work. While it is a good anime and I know it's popular,it is way to long for it's own good and has to end soon.

I don't mind if it ends. I'm new to the seires, and I'm only on the second season. I have a long ways to go before I even reach the 2000's series. I'm still in the 90s. lol.

Well,at least I'm pretty much caught up with Pokemon. Another series that's ongoing. :3

Many sucessful Anime/Manga series reached the end to afterwards have spin-off's.

Aoyama Sensei says he intend to retire however this does not mean that DC will reach the end.Unless he forbids other authors to create new plots, something very unlikely to happen since the movies and many chapters already were developed under his supervision and his assistants even publish original manga stories, it's very likely that a "Shin" Detective Conan or whatever is the name would be released after conclusion of the Manga Files.

From another perspective... DC franchise is a huge business and the existence will depend mostly on the fans! Huge gross boxes and media (Blu Ray and DVD) sales will certainly drive the future of DC.

So.. let's continue sponsoring DC by reading the books, watching movies, buying media ! :lol:

To the members above me:

Although it would be nice to end the series (so far every other anime I've watched has), we do know that Gosho has the ending thought out, so I'd figure it's for a good reason. I'd be glad if it goes past this year (I'd be glad it it was the longest anime/manga ever), but it's definitely going to end anyway, so I'd prefer it to last longer (the other animes I watched that ended- I wish they never did). I'd happy if my Detective Conan craze lasted longer.

Besides, didn't Gosho once make Ran say:

I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet... You'll be more happy.

As fans, I believe we should think the same thing about the ending of DC! Gosho won't not end it forever anyway, so why not make it last as long as it can?

I'm sure some fans would agree that the neverending quality of DC urges us to come up with our own endings ^.^

But that's just my opinion. Just felt like saying it ^.^