Detective Conan World
Noir

Conan x Ai

Just because she doesn't complain doesn't mean anything. They're different personalities, can you really imagine Haibara pouting & whining about being a child ? Also right now she doesn't have a choice, if she turns adult, she's in serious danger. Would you at 18 have enjoyed that your daily life consisted only of hanging out with an old man & three 7 year old kids ?

Again, we see that Ai is enjoying her life. Also, did you hate your father when you were 18? Agasa is not really that old, he is just 52, still far from retirement age (and only one year older than Sonoko's father). Also (again), she didn't have a childhood, she didn't have friends when she was 7, she is getting a chance to relive the life she never had and she is shown to enjoy it.

Would you at 18 have enjoyed that your daily life consisted only of hanging out with an old man & three 7 year old kids ?

As Chekhov said:

I think you are projecting too many of your own feelings and personality on her character to make conclusions rather than looking at the evidence.

Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean she wouldn't.

Okay, So I'm trying to get into this thread but I'm a little confused as to what's happening at the moment. So are we talking about Shiho and Shinichi's relationship after the BO is wrecked or are we just talking about her life in general afterwards? (I tried reading through all the comments on the last page but I'm still a little confused :P) Can anyone possibly sum it up for me? ^^; Thanks <3

So are we talking about Shiho and Shinichi's relationship after the BO is wrecked or are we just talking about her life in general afterwards?

I'd say we're more talking about her life in general, after the climax with the BO.

Feel free to switch the topic though. This is the ShihoxShinichi ConanxAi thread. I think we can handle two discussions at once if people remember to quote.
  • Upvote 1

I'd say we're more talking about her life in general, after the climax with the BO.

Gotcha! Thanks :)

Feel free to switch the topic though. This is the ShihoxShinichi ConanxAi thread. I think we can handle two discussions at once if people remember to quote.

Okay :) I don't quite know what I want to say about the relationship yet, but eventually something will hit me :P

Also, both of you are awesome for responding, so thank you <3

On 4/20/2016 at 6:23 PM, Serinox said:

Again, we see that Ai is enjoying her life. Also, did you hate your father when you were 18? Agasa is not really that old, he is just 52, still far from retirement age (and only one year older than Sonoko's father). Also (again), she didn't have a childhood, she didn't have friends when she was 7, she is getting a chance to relive the life she never had and she is shown to enjoy it.

I love my parents a lot (I'm 19), but it would be very boring for me if my life consisted of nothing else but hanging out with them. I'm pretty sure most of the people would agree with me, can't see why you don't ? We all love our parents, but we don't hang out & enjoy life with them like with friends, do we ? & About DB, like I said, I'm sure she appreciates them & the friendship a lot, but she's like a big sister to them, their company will get boring too.
Actually, when she is fairly a new character to the story, Conan asks her how does she not find being a kid annoying, she says that it's because Conan is with her, a person in the same situation.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:04 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

As Chekhov said:

Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean she wouldn't.

Well, you can see her interactions with them, she is mostly like a big sister/baby sitter. She's at a different maturity level, she thinks & acts & talks like an adult. Maybe there are some young adults who wouldn't mind having just three 7 year olds for friends (look at how ridiculous it sounds), but despite her horror childhood, I don't think Haibara is one of them.