Detective Conan World
hopes

Conan x Ayumi

It's really funny how many fans have the guts to say that Ran will not end up with Shinichi, even though its the first thing you'd notice about the whole series Owo"" Oh well, I guess you won't see what you don't wish to see.

L if he truly loved Ran like you claim he does, to tell her to move on. Whether or not she does is Ran's choice. But he would need to tell her he isn't coming back. As it is it's awfully not very loving of him to keep her waiting like this. Sacrifice is needed in a relationship.

I think it's just he can't stand imagining Ran with somebody else, I couldn't either, if I were in such a situation, that would turn me crazy.

It's really funny how many fans have the guts to say that Ran will not end up with Shinichi, even though its WAY obvious Owo"" Oh well, I guess you won't see what you don't wish to see.

No, I in fact want to see what you are saying, I am one of the strongest supporters of the Shinichi x Ran pairing, that was one of the main reasons I started watching the series. I love childhood friend romances in general, and Ran is one of my favorite characters.

• Upvote 1

No, I in fact want to see what you are saying, I am one of the strongest supporters of the Shinichi x Ran pairing, that was one of the main reasons I started watching the series. I love childhood friend romances in general, and Ran is one of my favorite characters.

Glad to know that we both feel the same X3

LouiseEdogawa:

If there is a possibility overlooking it isn't a good move. Possibility is possibility- no matter how small.

Is she still refusing to talk to him?

No, I think he'll write a good story and write it realistically. Conan risking his life for Ran is not something you can use in this argument. He risks his life for total strangers. That's who he is. It is not because he loves her.

The way you edited your post did not help you at all. XD There are other girls in the world. Saying that if he wasn't with Ran he'd end up with Haibara is silly. If he was interested in other girls he probably wouldn't be with anybody in the form he is in. He could grow to like other girls in time- that's why I'm saying AyumixConan would work.

If he knows that he likes her then there's nothing for him to be dense about. XD He obviously knows she's interested, he's just refusing to do anything about it. That doesn't make him dense.

No, hobogoblin2012 is right. If Gosho wasn't interested in money, DC wouldn't have gone on this long. It's dragging out to the point where it's tiring and predictable. If he wasn't continuing it because of the money he would have nded it by now. Either that or he's just that bad of a writer.

LouiseEdogawa:

If there is a possibility overlooking it isn't a good move. Possibility is possibility- no matter how small.

Not really. Not all possibilities are to be considered, because well, everything is possible right? Its just that we don't consider the ones not worth considering. The possibility of Conan ending up with Ayumi is almost impossible anyway.

Is she still refusing to talk to him?

No, I think he'll write a good story and write it realistically. Conan risking his life for Ran is not something you can use in this argument. He risks his life for total strangers. That's who he is. It is not because he loves her.

Thats right, but the way he shows it is enough evidence. Remember that episode when Conan and Takagi were stuck in some elevator with a bomb? Conan-sama said it doesn't matter if he dies as long as he protects the most important person to him in the whole world. How's that? Not to mention in M4 when he said he loves Ran more than anyone else. I don't really see why should I re-state this when its so obvious.

The way you edited your post did not help you at all. XD There are other girls in the world. Saying that if he wasn't with Ran he'd end up with Haibara is silly. If he was interested in other girls he probably wouldn't be with anybody in the form he is in. He could grow to like other girls in time- that's why I'm saying AyumixConan would work.

I still don't think you get me :/ But other than that, don't forget that Conan-sama is a character, which means if the author doesn't want him to develope feelings for another girl he won't. And there's no way Goshou-sensei would do that, because then he would ruin the main DC pairing and the whole idea of the series.

If he knows that he likes her then there's nothing for him to be dense about. XD He obviously knows she's interested, he's just refusing to do anything about it. That doesn't make him dense.

He likes her as a kid, just like how he likes the rest of the DB. He doesn't like her in a romantic way.

No, hobogoblin2012 is right. If Gosho wasn't interested in money, DC wouldn't have gone on this long. It's dragging out to the point where it's tiring and predictable. If he wasn't continuing it because of the money he would have nded it by now. Either that or he's just that bad of a writer.

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly he stated that he doesn't want to end DC because he loves it. He wouldn't go as far as forcing himself to sleep for 3 hours a day, while he could work on many other jobs that would earn him more than he earns from DC. This shows that he really loves DC and doesn't want to end it.

Its clear that Conan x Ayumi as well as Conan x Haibara is not happening. But again, you won't see what you don't wish to see. Thats why I don't want to re-state the obvious because its meaning less.

PS : I don't mean any disrespect, i'm just annoyed by how the fans make it seem like Ran's invisible, so sorry for being aggresive ^ ^"

It's not impossible, though. There's a reason she has a crush on him, isn't there?

Just because you think you love somebody doesn't mean you do. She loves him, I think that much is obvious, but he hasn't truly shown anything towards her save for saving her and "claiming" he loves her. The reality of it is that he probably isn't. He's more lustful towards her than anything. He's a teenage boy, after all. Lust and love are very easy to misunderstand. If he isn't willing to let her go because he knows he might never come back- no matter how determined he is to return- then it's pretty obvious the extent to which his feelings run for her. If he truly loved her, he would have "set her free". It seems as though he's more territorial than in love. (I can't believe I just said that).

Yes, he is a character. And you don't know what Gosho is thinking, none of us do. We can only guess and hope. Gosho actually isn't good enough to pull off any of the couples in DC believably BESIDES Sato and Takagi. :/ He has good ideas but he has a horrible execution strategy. I honestly doubt Gosho even knows what love really is. That may have been the reason for his divorce. If the way Conan acts is the way he thinks people act when they are in love- he hasn't experienced love.

Okay, so he likes her as a kid and that would stop him from telling her it won't happen because....?

Of course he's going to tell us it's because he loves it. If he told us he wanted the money he wouldn't get quite as much, would he? Do you think people sit in cubicles and type eight hours a day because they want to? No, but they'll tell their boss they do because he's the one who signs their checks. XD Not to mention, money is a WONDERFUL motivator to sleep three hours a day. People lie. We don't know that his other ideas would make half as much as DC does. There's a reason he dropped MK.

That's not clear at all. XD Create the theory with the facts not the facts with the theory. Maybe I need to open my eyes to other hidden facts, but I'm not the only one. ;)

P.S. Ran? Invisible? She's the main character. There are twenty million topics about her. She's not invisible. XD If anybody's invisible it's the detective boys or the cat. lol

It's not impossible, though. There's a reason she has a crush on him, isn't there?

Thats for the plot developement. It doesn't mean she'll have him.

Just because you think you love somebody doesn't mean you do. She loves him, I think that much is obvious, but he hasn't truly shown anything towards her save for saving her and "claiming" he loves her. The reality of it is that he probably isn't. He's more lustful towards her than anything. He's a teenage boy, after all. Lust and love are very easy to misunderstand. If he isn't willing to let her go because he knows he might never come back- no matter how determined he is to return- then it's pretty obvious the extent to which his feelings run for her. If he truly loved her, he would have "set her free". It seems as though he's more territorial than in love. (I can't believe I just said that).

I'm sorry, what? O.o Are you really sure you've watched DC? 0.0"" Thats not true at all.

And no, if he "set her free", it will show that he doesn't love her much. You don't just give up on people you love. Besides, he already told her the following :

Someday.. Someday I'll definately return, even if I die. Thats why, I want you to wait for me, Ran.

Yes, he is a character. And you don't know what Gosho is thinking, none of us do. We can only guess and hope. Gosho actually isn't good enough to pull off any of the couples in DC believably BESIDES Sato and Takagi. :/ He has good ideas but he has a horrible execution strategy. I honestly doubt Gosho even knows what love really is. That may have been the reason for his divorce. If the way Conan acts is the way he thinks people act when they are in love- he hasn't experienced love.

You can't really criticize  someone who's WAY better than you and than all of us. Sensei is a genius ._.

Okay, so he likes her as a kid and that would stop him from telling her it won't happen because....?

Because he has no romantic feelings towards her obviously.

Of course he's going to tell us it's because he loves it. If he told us he wanted the money he wouldn't get quite as much, would he? Do you think people sit in cubicles and type eight hours a day because they want to? No, but they'll tell their boss they do because he's the one who signs their checks. XD Not to mention, money is a WONDERFUL motivator to sleep three hours a day. People lie. We don't know that his other ideas would make half as much as DC does. There's a reason he dropped MK.

Not really. If he didn't love DC, he wouldn't have worked on it so hard. He wouldn't have this smile on his face as he's holding a DC drawing in those photos of his. And of course, DC wouldn't have been so awesome if he didn't create it with joy.

That's not clear at all. XD Create the theory with the facts not the facts with the theory. Maybe I need to open my eyes to other hidden facts, but I'm not the only one. ;)

P.S. Ran? Invisible? She's the main character. There are twenty million topics about her. She's not invisible. XD If anybody's invisible it's the detective boys or the cat. lol

Thats my line you know =w="" Your words are all false. You are just persuading yourself with such a theory, but deep inside you and inside every ShinRan hater, you guys ought to know that ShinRan will be ending up together, because they're the main canon pairing, ever since the series started.

I don't really want to argue about something so pointless.

Oh and, don't just insult Conan-sama and Goshou-sensei like that =_=

Oh and, don't just insult Conan-sama and Goshou-sensei like that =_=

Conan has flaws, however. I agree with you that his desire not to let Ran go isn't a sign of egoism, but of love and fear to lose her, but he isn't perfect IMO. In my opinion he exaggerates in not showing pity to criminals who acted out of despair because the so-called "victims" who ruined their lives weren't punished by the law. However, Ran is one of my favorite characters and if she likes Shinichi, then he mustn't be that bad, so I can stand him as well  :)  

But if he doesn't change his attitude at least a little, he will never be one of my favorite characters by himself, as much as I may like the Shinichi x Ran pairing.

How does Ayumi having a crush on Conan develop the plot, exactly? XD Or rather, how do you think it will (or has developed) develop the plot?

Oh, come on, now. Shinichi isn't lustful for Ran? Okay. Sure. XD

No, him setting her free would exhibit that he would rather lose her than see her suffer waiting for him. THAT'S what love is. Now if it were a story where she was with another guy and he was there and he didn't give up on her- THAT'S love. That shows determination and loyalty. What he's doing now is just... obsessive- territorial. It's not a very loving action at all, even if he claims it's because he loves her. It's not like he had ever been in a relationship before and fell in love with a girl and knew from experience. He's just claiming he does. Once again, I don't think Gosho knows what love is, himself.

Really? Gosho is a better writer than all of us here? I suggest you read "A Song of Fire and Ice" or "Ender's Game" , any of the Sherlock Holmes series, or even play Bioshock: Infinite.

That is good writing.

So him liking her as a kid and not feeling anything romantic towards her would stop him from telling Ayumi it won't happen? How so?

Of course he's working hard on it, if he screws it up it won't bring in money. People can fake smiles- and the idea of DC being awesome is... debatable.

I believe it's my line, actually. I did say it, first. :P (Rather, Sherlock Holmes did...)

I'm persuading myself? Opinions are created with facts. ;) Of course, don't confuse facts for a believed truth- such as them being the canon couple. They aren't canon until they are in an actual relationship- and a lot could happen.

I actually don't think Gosho is a good enough writer to pull off any of the couples he's writing about, though. :I I'm surprised he pulled off Satou and Takagi like he did.

Come on, now. One is a fictional character and the other lives half-way across the world. There's no reason not to state my opinion of them. ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only Ayumi/Conan fan out there.I actually took the time to read through this entire topic, and I must say that, while I agree with things on both sides of the argument, I still don't find the odds for Ayumi/Conan happening in canon being very favorable, no matter how much I like the pairing. But, I am more convinced of its likelihood now than I was before reading this topic.

One thing I absolutely HAVE TO say, however. This topic is clearly a PRO-Ayumi/Conan topic! Anyone who is AGAINST the pairing for any reason (be it the characters' ages, because they like another pairing more, or whatever) is on the wrong thread! Coming on this topic and posting comments against it, and especially the ones I saw that come across as saying there is something wrong with anyone who supports it, is nothing but trolling, plain and simple! Offering arguments as to why you don't think it will happen is one thing, but to come on here and say "it's terrible," "it's wrong," "so-and-so should be with so-and-so instead," etc., does not promote a reasonable and friendly environment. We are all (supposedly) fans of Meitantei Conan, so belittling each other is unforgivable. 

Anyways, enough of the rant. Back to the topic.

I got a kick out of the Genta/Ran idea. I don't want it to happen, but I suddenly had the image pop into my head of Gebta being given something that has the reverse effect that the apotoxin had on Shinichi and then he ends up with Ran. And the comment that followed about Heiji and Yukiko; "Mrs. Robinson" suddenly started playing in my head, followed by thoughts of Yukiko as Stifler's mom. LOL!!!!!

I was also thinking about the idea of Aoyama giving the series a troll ending.  Here's one for you. Conan finds the boss of the Black Organization and gets rid of him, then takes over the Organization and marries Sonoko!  Will that happen? God, I hope not!!!

The whole age argument. When I was 18, I had a girlfriend who was 31 for some time. When I was a preteen, my mother remarried to a guy that was 12 years her senior. Plus, for this pairing, it is just as IHKF said; we're not talking about them running off and getting married, or jumping into bed together, or even dating immediately. Nobody starts dating at seven years old! And as lax as the Kudos parenting is, I am pretty sure that even they wouldn't stand for it. If it turns out that Conan is stuck in his present form permanently, Here's what I see happening as soon as he learns this. At first, denial: He will pressure Haibara more than ever to find a cure just to prove it's not true. Next, he will sink into a deep depression: Knowing he could never go back to his old life and to Ran, Conan would sink to his lowest point ever. If the threat of the Black Organization has passed, he might confide in Ayumi and let her comfort him and slowly bring him back to himself. Once he has gotten over his depression and truly accepted the reality of being stuck, I think, rather than telling Ran the truth (which would cause SO much awkwardness between them), he would make one last call to her as Shinichi to let her go, because he loves her too much to watch her suffer while waiting for someone who will never return.By the time it reaches this point, I think Conan (physically) and Shonen Tantei will be about 10. After Ran, I imagine Conan staying closed off from relationships for at least three or four years, however, Ayumi would still be a constant presence in his life, and, when his heart finally opens up again (probably around the time she is 14), he will gradually start to see her as more than just a friend, finally ending up truly "together" around the time she's 15. As has been pointed out previously, his life experiences, and therefore his mindset) will still be that of a 17 year old as he will not have done any of the normal things beyond that level (college, work, marriage, adult responsibilities), so at that point, their mental age difference wouldn't be so drastic (17/15 as opposed to 17/7), and there would be NO social stigma as, outwardly, he is the same age as her! At that point, there would be nothing creepy or disgusting about it. This is actually KIND OF what I am going to do in my fanfic series (not exactly, and I AM only working on the first chapter right now, so my plans may evolve or even change entirely, although I am fairly certain it will remain an Ayumi/Conan fic: by the way, looking for test readers, and a place to post the fic anyone interested or have any ideas ideas?). The point is, by the time Conan would reach the point where he would be ready for a relationship with Ayumi, the age would no longer be an issue.

As for the whole idea of Conan and Shinichi splitting into two separate people, I would love to see that happen! Sadly, I doubt that it will. I could imagine them doing an OVA where that happens (if they do any more OVAs), but it would just end up being a dream (*SPOILER WARNING*) like the whole thing with Yaiba or when he suddenly found himself 10 years in the future(*SPOILERS OVER*), but as much as I would love it, I (unlike IHKF) feel that it would be too much of a leap for Aoyama to suddenly spring that on us (maybe if there was some background in the series that established this as a possibility, like something from Sherry's research or Haibara's tests of earlier antidotes, but for something this big to suddenly happen out of left field... I just don't see Aoyama going there.

Anyways, I might post more thoughts later, but I think that's enough for now. I'm curious whether anyone still cares about this thread, considering it's been two years since the last post. I guess I'll see how many responses I get!

On 8/24/2016 at 8:29 PM, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

One thing I absolutely HAVE TO say, however. This topic is clearly a PRO-Ayumi/Conan topic! Anyone who is AGAINST the pairing for any reason (be it the characters' ages, because they like another pairing more, or whatever) is on the wrong thread! Coming on this topic and posting comments against it, and especially the ones I saw that come across as saying there is something wrong with anyone who supports it, is nothing but trolling, plain and simple! Offering arguments as to why you don't think it will happen is one thing, but to come on here and say "it's terrible," "it's wrong," "so-and-so should be with so-and-so instead," etc., does not promote a reasonable and friendly environment. We are all (supposedly) fans of Meitantei Conan, so belittling each other is unforgivable. 

I got a kick out of the Genta/Ran idea. I don't want it to happen, but I suddenly had the image pop into my head of Gebta being given something that has the reverse effect that the apotoxin had on Shinichi and then he ends up with Ran. And the comment that followed about Heiji and Yukiko; "Mrs. Robinson" suddenly started playing in my head, followed by thoughts of Yukiko as Stifler's mom. LOL!!!!!

As for the whole idea of Conan and Shinichi splitting into two separate people, I would love to see that happen! Sadly, I doubt that it will. I could imagine them doing an OVA where that happens (if they do any more OVAs), but it would just end up being a dream (*SPOILER WARNING*) like the whole thing with Yaiba or when he suddenly found himself 10 years in the future(*SPOILERS OVER*), but as much as I would love it, I (unlike IHKF) feel that it would be too much of a leap for Aoyama to suddenly spring that on us (maybe if there was some background in the series that established this as a possibility, like something from Sherry's research or Haibara's tests of earlier antidotes, but for something this big to suddenly happen out of left field... I just don't see Aoyama going there.

Anyways, I might post more thoughts later, but I think that's enough for now. I'm curious whether anyone still cares about this thread, considering it's been two years since the last post. I guess I'll see how many responses I get!

Don't worry, I'm checking out the threads so you're not the only one, pretty sure we're gonna bump (We already have ;))

Hm...yeah fans tend to cross the limit when discussing about something, we should respect others view as well,at the same time, giving out opinions& reasons are not wrong...True,this is a for fun thread but it has to make sense,denying Shinichi's feelings for Ran is just plain...wrong? This is just unacceptable, esp since sensei have stated it as obvious as possible how much ShinRan love each other... No need to deny an obvious fact only to justify opinions... Sorry for my rudeness but it just so selfish

Hm...personally, I think that AyuCon is impossible, not because of their age difference (my parents got a good 9 years difference so...)but for me, Conan and Ayumi is like siblings...Conan care for her as a big brother, like he does with the entire db,haibara excluded, He acts brotherly towards them,it's cute & beautiful..

Sorry, I just don't see them as a couple, but I still respect your view...And Ayumi is like a mini version of Ran,but Ran's a little better,and ShinRan existing only a year is when you become a writer @IHKF

P.S:many apologies for my rudeness...peace?

While I agree that Ran and Shinichi love each other, and that they almost certainly will be together atthe ending of the series, I think the pairing of Ayumi and Conan is cute and fun, and I wish it would happen. However, because Shinichi is in love with Ran, there are very few ways it could happen believable. That is where I am going with my fanfic. So don't expect me to throw Ayumi and Conan together as a couple right from the start. It will be a few chapters in, at least, before I start to work them together, as there are other threads of the story that must be tired up first. I want it to  feel realistic to the story after all. As for when I will really get to work on my fanfic, I want to catch up watching the anime first, just in case I come across any plot points I want to include, or if I find a definite point where I want my fic to diverge from the actual series. Now, I am currently up to episode 651, so it shouldn't be extremely long before I am caught up and get started in earnest. I estimate it will be two weeks to a month. As soon as I have finished chapter one, I will post a link to it here. So just keep checking. After all, I may get through the rest of the series faster than I expect.

Hey, everybody! As I have stated in some of my other threads, I am now completely caught up on the anime as well as all the unadapted manga cases.  I ran into some circumstances that delayed me a couple days, but I have now finished writing chapter one of my Ayumi/Conan fanfic. As I said in my previous post, I am not throwing Conan and Ayumi together right from the beginning of the series. I want it to be believable within the context of Detective Conan. So, fair warning, Ayumi doesn't even appear in the first chapter. This is meant to feel like a regular episode of the series, while laying the groundwork for everything to come in my series.

Now, while I have finished writing chapter one, I have yet to post it. The reason is because it has been at least 15 years since I have done any serious writing, and I would like to have a few fellow fans read through it and offer their opinions first (How well it fits Detective Conan, portrayal of the characters, etc.) before I put it up for all the world to see. My sister proofread it and corrected the spelling and grammar errors she spotted, but she's not really a Conan fan, so she's not the best judge of how well it fits the series. She did, however, say that she enjoyed it and that, from the little she does know about Conan, she thinks it fits. So, if you would be willing to test read for me, let me know and I will send you chapter one right away! Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Totally agree with you. I for my part doubt by the way there is much of a difference between Conan and Ai and Conan and Ayumi in term's of relationship. I mean if theoretically there is no antidote Shinichi would have to get over the fact that he cannot be together with Ran who is his only love. If it was Ai do you think they would sleep with each other instantly aswell? And that's what i mean. He wouldn't with Ai and he wouldn't with Ayumi too. It would take a time first to get over Ran and the time he is ready to start a new love relationship(If he wants to?) But the reason why i prefer Ayumi over Ai in FF's is that i like her character a lot more than Ai. She is quite naive and childish but she has her really cute moment's and even if she's scared she tries to be brave and often find's clue's that his other companion's miss. But mostly because she always is seeing the good in every person. She kinda remind's me of a little version of Ran too. For those who and didn't notice yet. I'm talking about FF's not the anime/manga since i support the main pairs of course and i think it is quite obvious anyway that Conan will get back to Shinichi and get together with Ran. So Ayumi wouldn't have a chance anyway.

A time ago i read a nice german FF. It was settled at the start after the destruction of the organisation up to 10 year's later. The writer created a OC and made them get closer to each other and by that Ayumi further away from getting together him him. He was really good in describing the emotions and the thoughts of the main characters of the story. It was so funny to see Ai and Ayumi building up a plan which failed over and over again so they (Conan and Ayumi) even stopped being friends. And also he made so nice flashbacks that i thought i cannot await the final chapter with the ending which was quite obviously a Conan and Ayumi one. The further i read the less i believed it could ever turn out to this pair that way and i think that was the writer's intention aswell. To make his viewer's believe that ^^ It was really weird for me though that in the previous chapter they didn't even talk to each other but in the last one they (Conan and Ayumi btw) were together. And in the next story which is related to that he will tell more about the how and when this have happened. I wish it was in english too i think you could like it.

But i really looking forward to your story too. You seem not to be someone who blindly start's writing their story but tries to make it realistic aswell and that is something which i like in FF's. I read FF's already in which the character's were already Out of character right after the first chapter instead of building it up slowly and thought-through. And that is something i don't like to read in FF's. So i wouldn't mind reading your story if you like.

I am still hoping to get at least a couple test readers, but nobody seems interested. I don't know if it's just that nobody wants to give their e-mail address or if nobody wants to read it. A friend from Kingdom Hearts Unchained X is reading it right now, but while she's interested in Conan, she hasn't seen much. I want at least one or two real fans to offer their opinions before I post it online anywhere.

@okwoco Well, I went ahead and posted chapter one on the forum. I still don't have a title for either the series, or for the chapter, so I simply posted it under the thread title "New Fanfic, Chapter One" in Fan Works>Stories. Hopefully you will go check it out, since you expressed interest in it. Also, @IHKF, @Ayuna Yume, and everyone else who has been on here, please make sure to go check out my fic as well!  I would love to get the opinion of an Ayumi/Conan fan like IHKF, and conversely from a ShinRan fan like Ayuna! Make sure to leave your comments on the story! I'll be looking forward to it!