Detective Conan World
justwantanaccount

SPOILERS from a recent Aoyama Interview

...I doubt it (the 'less KaiShin fans' thing), maybe the fans will reduce a bit but most of them'll just go with incest or AU fanfics where they're not related ect;

I forgot how silly some DC fangirls are....

Bump!

More spoilers from the Mystery Magazine interview - two blogs claim that 世良が灰原以来のビッグキャラ (Sera is the biggest character since Haibara). I didn't think anything of this at first, and I couldn't find two independent sources for this claim so I didn't mention this along with the Shinichi-and-Kaito-are-alike-for-a-reason spoiler, but now I do have two sources and I see its significance so I'll post it. It's funny that Gosho thinks that Sera is bigger than Vermouth, Akai, Okiya, James, Jodie, etc - what does it mean? Does that mean that Sera will stick around after the Bourbon Arc, and stick around as much as Haibara will? That she will have equal plot significance to Haibara? Hmm . . .

EDIT: Source #3

It means much more than that:

If Aoyama says that Masumi is the most important character since Haibara, it could mean that she has a deep involvement into the main plot.

And I remember about the "Haibara and Masumi will have a confrontation which has nothing to do about Bourbon. After all, they both are wolves."

Maybe Masumi has in fact no direct link to the Bourbon case but Aoyama tries to make her a suspect to hide her true role into the main story.

About the Kaito/Shinichi thing... Maybe Yuusaku and Toichi were brothers? It's a fanfiction plot I read once (Becky Tailweaver's 'Relative Truth'. I swear, I still think Shinichi and Kaito are cousins.) Sera... Wouldn't it be weird if she wasn't Akai's sister or something? That'd certainly be a plot twist..

Just read the DCTP forum . . . One person raised a good point about the bloggers misquoting Gosho, that the actual phrasing might be

"Maybe Sera is the biggest character since Haibara" like the Sera-might-be-Akai's-sister line

, which is a good point. Grr, I hate not having access to the raw! All I can do for now is to get more sources and hope that the bloggers aren't misquoting Gosho.

The similarity between Kaito and Shinichi is not a coincidence.

Could you show me the actual source? Which interview was it, exactly? I couldn't find the link to the interview that actually mentioned this detail... ^^;

OMG a confrontation between Ai and Sera???

I'm waiting for that to happen!!!I really hope Gosho is serious about that point...

I wonder why they will have a face to face,if it has nothing to do with the Bourbon arc.Maybe Ai will recognize Sera as Rye's sister,or maybe Sera will discover that Ai and Conan's secret.

But I still wonder why Gosho calls them "wolves"...I understand for Ai,since she was in BO,but Sera?

omg, kaito-shinichi official connection, super excited xD

i want them to be related some how!

and o snap, sera vs haibara, put ur money down folks, I'm expecting a bloodbath

I receive a sneak peek, and it's about between Takagi and Miwako. Gosho release a new edition of Detective Conan, but it's recollection of selected manga about Shinichi and Ran's developed feelings and relationship. Yep, their love life. Not only that he also provided tidbit, but I guess I can reveal a bit about Takagi and Miwako's love development.

Be warned of spoiler! I don't know is there English version in store, if there is do check in about Takagi's style! Don't click if you don't want to know how he say to Miwako. :P

Takagi say right in front of Miwako he wish to get married because he's going to be transfer soon. And also right in front of Conan and one of the DB kids.

ADDED: Accidental double post. o_O

EDIT: MY SPOILER THINGS AREN'T WORKING SO DON'T READ IT IF IT BOTHERS YA. Heck, the Topic is called spoilers, they should know by now to turn back xD

Reply:

The similarity between Kaito and Shinichi is not a coincidence.

Well, if you recall in the case from ten years ago when Conan found the old leather wallet and told the DB a story about when he and Ran were kids,

Kuroba Touichi was a mentor to his mother, and in the message he was intended to relay to his father to solve, he mentioned to call him his younger brother. I've figured from the start that they were related in some way. It'd be interestng if Kaito's parents were both aliases of Shinichi's as Phantom Lady and Kaito Kid involving some book or other matter, but I'm hoping that ISN'T the case.