Detective Conan World
Maurice

Post your top 5 Animes (and why)!

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - This is one huge mystery-fest that just baffles the mind. It's one of those animes that really makes you go "WTF" several times. Whether it's the gory, bloody scenes, or it's the spine chilling atmosphere, right down to how downright creepy the characters can get...or at the weird and wonderful club activities games and the punishment game that ensues, the intensity is off the charts. The whole mystery of the Hinamizawa chain of deaths is huge, it's keeps the viewer hooked wondering who or what is behind them.

2. Detective Conan - I started this roughly a year ago, it has taken me a year to get through 651 episodes, 15 movies and all the other various spin-offs, OVA's and Specials. I love this anime almost as much as Higurashi. Similarly to Higurashi, there is a mystery element to it. Although, this is more in the form of....well actually the same kinda mystery as Higurashi: murders. It's always exciting to see how the culprit's pull off their tricks in their cases and even more exciting when Conan unravels them. The action is always exciting, and leaves you in suspense.

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - This anime always has a special place for me, it was officially the first anime I ever watched, and was the anime responsible for kicking off my love for anime all those years ago. One of your typical Slice of Life animes that sets the bulk of the story in a High school. What's not-so-typical is the story. It's the story itself that really kept it going for me, and the array of well designed characters that fit the plot perfectly. Season 1 started the series off really well, I love the narrative by Kyon. Season 2 is debatable amongst fans, because of the Endless Eight saga, but I am one of those few who actually loved it because it made you feel frustrated at watching what seems to be the same episode over and over again, essentially feeling (to a lesser extent) what Yuki Nagato felt during those 15,000+ repetitions of the two weeks of summer. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie was pretty much perfect, matched the Light Novel/Manga really closely and it was put across amazingly.

4. Clannad - A great example of an anime that clearly had a heart and soul put into it. A real tear-jerker, which is full of moments that can make you laugh, and relate to the characters. I have never cried so much with any other anime before watching Clannad...heck with any TV Series, or book or movie or anything really. It really made you feel for each of the characters, get angry when they do laugh when they do, cry when they do, it's really effective at what it aims to do.

5. K-ON Another anime which has a heart and soul in it, except this time in the form of music. The focus on K-ON is on the characters and the Light Music Club. I must say that the characters are adorable. Each has their own unique personality and traits which make them as interesting as they get. The anime itself is really light-hearted, with no particular seriousness to it, but the one thing that makes it stand out as an anime, would be the music itself. Since it's centred around a band, it's logical to assume that the songs featured on there are going to be pretty damned good...and it doesn't disappoint. I love each and every song that comes from K-ON. The Voice Actors/singers really put their all into it, and it radiates. Anyone who watches this will fall in love with Yui Hirasawa when you see her, she's probably one of the most loveable character of all time.

1) Saint Seiya Omega

2) Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

3) Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

4) Mobile Suit Gundam 00

5) City Hunter / Angel Heart

6) Detective Conan

7) Noir

8) Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

9) Clamp's X

10) Guilty Crown

I don't watch much anime, preferring to stick with the original manga (if the manga did come first). But, out of the one s I did watch my top 5 are:

1:Hunter x Hunter (The art wasn't that good in the manga so they've improved it a lot in the anime).

2: GinTama (The first few episodes were a struggle but after that it's really funny).

3:Eyeshiled 21 (Really nice, good humour, story and art but it does get a bit repetitive).

4: demon King Daimao (Nice action and story but way too much fanservice).

5: Naruto (I liked the original series if you take out the 90% of filler).

Hmm... I like...

The ones only as a anime(also a manga but discontinued)

1) Durarara!(So twisted, so awesome)

2) Code Geass(great story, but some things I didn't like there...)

3) Persona 4(very suspenseful but sometimes too gamelike)

The ones I've read as a manga first

1) Fairy Tail(hilarious!)

2) Detective Conan(But I still prefer manga)

3) Azumanga Daioh(This was awesome)

4) One Piece(really good)

5) K-On!(I just should watch the second season, too...)

Mmm...it's very difficult to pick, but, there will always be the best.

Detective Conan-Well, I like DC b'cuz it has different type of story. And it's amazing seeing Conan solving cases.

One Piece-Because they are good pirates and they travel to different places!

Naruto Shippuden-It's a cool anime. That's all.

Soul Eater-It's a funny story and the characters are powerful.

d. Gray-Man -It's nice extinguishing the bad spirits.

1. Detective Conan - The plot is very good, and because of it, I also became a mystery-otaku, just like Shinichi! :grin:

2. Magic Kaito - Even though Magic Kaito and Detective Conan can be considered one and the same, I will still consider them different here. It may not have much episodes, and it may not have frequent updates, but our favourite moonlight thief's antics will never fail to make your day!

3. Inuyasha - The story is interesting. Travelling far back in time, demons, mystical jewel shards. I love it!

4. Death Note - What can I say? I loove mysteries! :wub:

5. Chibi Vampire Karin - Ah well. This one, not so much. There was a time I became interested in vampires. This got me interested since it's about a vampire that produces blood instead of sucking it. Now, I figured that shojo mangas aren't for me. I just put it here since you said Top 5 right? I'm sorry to the fans if you get offended or anything. :)

1. Detective Conan- I was first hooked with this anime when I first watched the episode where Heiji appeared. I was still in first grade at that time but I was immediately attracted. It's only three years ago however when I started to read the manga series, watched the movies, specials and OVAs. So far, it has a unique story and entertaining fillers. Aside from that, I'm a true Holmes freak just like Shin-chan so I can relate with him. It also thought me a lot of criminal jargon just like toxicology, fingerprinting and other stuff.

Favorite character: Ai Haibara

2. Code Geass: Hangekyu No Lelouch- I just love the action scenes in this anime especially the thrilling Knightmare frame battles against Black Knights and Britannia. This is the only anime where I was not disappointed that the hero died (I cried though). The subsequent manga however is a little too inferior with this one.

Favorite Character: C.C.

3. Death Note- I love the first part of the series when L was still alive and how the intellectual battle between Kira and him commences. His successors are equally astute enough to capture Light but the thrill (in my opinion) is lesser than when L is still present. I still love it though

Favorite character: L

4. Naruto- There is nothing to say but I have been reading this since I was in third grade

Favorite Character: Naruto Uzumaki

5. D. Gray-man- I like the 19th century setting and the demon (akuma) busting theme

Favorite character: Tyki Mikk

1. Detective Conan- I love the way cases get solved and such as well as Conan's superb deductions. Great storyline and memorable characters.

2. Death Note- Still watching it :razz: Great story and memorable characters as well as all the twists

3. Bleach- Started off with the manga and got hooked ever since.

4. Highschool of the Dead- Boobies and Zombies B)

5. Naruto- Memorable characters and story

1. Detective Conan !! ^-^

2. Astro Boy 2003 series

3. Astro Boy 1960's series

4. Astro Boy 1980's series

5. Pokemon (the only five animes I've ever seen :mellow: )

1. Detective Conan- well... every eps is different but it still has a storyline

2. Skip beat!- really good anime, with revenge and love <3

3. One piece - hmmm... it's funny and it has pirates!!

4. Fairy Tail- just epic

5. Kaichou wa maid-sama - super sweet OwO

1. Detective Conan (wishes to be smart and clever like Shinichi/Heiji/Kaito/Hakuba . they're my inspiration when it comes to school :P)

2. Sword Art Online (Since its a new anime .. The beginning is so epic .. eps Kirito)

3. Kimi ni Todoke (I admire the story, it gaves me many moe's .. keke)

4. Tsubasa Chronicles (The Story is so twisting .. but still I love it because of the character)

5. Clanand (Sad Story ,, yet it gives learning)

Change in Animes.

1: Higurashi; Amazing. Learnt so Many things. ( And No, I didn't learn to backstab people. :V )

2:MM; Didn't really like ecchi before this one. <3

3:YuruYuri; YAAAAAY FOR CUTE CHILDLISH CHARACTERS.

4:Kaichou Wa Maid Sama; Waiting for season 2, if it ever came out.

5:La Corda D'oro; Helped me to love music even more than I already did. Was hoping more of romance though.

1. La Corda D'Oro - Being the music buff that I am, I appreciated this anime to the highest extent. The characters were a bit cliche-ish but the premise and plot were interesting enough to overcome that. Of course the selection of musical pieces were superb.

2. Detective Conan - I wouldn't be in this site if it wasn't in my top 5. :P I was gonna put it as number one but I had to go with my gut feel. What got me hooked was mainly the cases then the characters then the main plot XD I don't think it'll ever get old... it's perfect. I blame it for my expectation of other animes' longevity though.

3. Sket Dance - I've watched 13 of its episodes in a day without a break and that's probably the only time I'd do that XD (Granted I was sick and had nothing else to do but still). I've never been a fan of animes that are too comedic but this converted me. Charismatic characters, witty gags and a well rounded story makes me a happy viewer. Crushed that it's ending this week though. T.T

4. Fushigi Yuugi - This is the first 'official' anime I've watched and even now when I happen to catch it on and rewatch it, I still get the same feeling of excitement. The romance is a bit overdone but that's a major plot point so whatever. I mostly liked it for the adventure and friendships of Miaka and the others.

5. Death Note - Pretty interchangeable with # 4. This anime had me frustrated and delighted at the same time XD Death of my favorite character aside, this is definitely a must watch especially for people who loves a good battle of wits (ie; everyone) with a dark vibe.

my faves would be

1 Detective Conan - love the crimes :D

2 Shugo Chara! - so cute!! :D

3 DN Angel - very interesting :D

4 ???

5 ??

i don't really know any other ones.

can anyone suggest one thats not too romantic or violent to me???

(manga or anime)

How about Chibi Devi

My Favourite ones are:

1. Chibi Devi Because the baby devils in it are so cute.

2. Fairy Tail Because I like agic and stuff.

3. Detective conan Because I like the plots and murders.

4. Beelzebub Because Its so funny.

5. Inuyasha Because I like the dog ears Inuyasha Has

1. Special A and Kaichou wa Maid-sama are hovering somewhere near the top. They're great animes; comedy and romance packed into one. Currently searching for more of these comedic romances, if anyone knows of an anime that's similar to these, please send me a suggestion!

2. Detective Conan is amazing -- I love how people are astounded at how such a young kid can make such brilliant deductions. I love the 'perfect crimes' and the 'impossible murders', and how Conan uses some twisted yet logical reasoning to figure it out.

Well, if you count the Studio Ghibli films by Hayao Miyazaki, I guess they'd be my next faves. :3

Hmm let's see...

1. Detective Conan- okay , i dont think i even need a reason for this because...would i be here if i dont like it and watch it?

2. Toriko- i like food and i like powers and i like evil people with black eyes and white pupils

3 Inazuma Eleven series- Sometimes watching sport animes motivate me to do sports , and i like the powers in the this series

4 SAO (Sword Art Online) - because as i said i like powers and sometimes i like rpg - like animes, idk, some scense where a girl is naked so... :mellow: :grin:

5 One Piece- all the characters are so unique in their own way, especially Zoro and Luffy, I like zoro more because im like a sword person

Boy ....

Your missing some sh*t

If you inazuma 11 in your list, you watch general shonen

Watch some real sports anime

cross game - baseball

hajime no ippo - boxing

captain tsubasa -football/soccer

Eyefield 21 - american football

Anime with cool powers

Hunter x Hunter (it's better than sao and even with one piece)

Hellsing ultimate (if you like crazy powers and astonishing animation quality)

Toriko is epic later in the manga

Gourmet WAR

• Upvote 1

Boy ....

Your missing some sh*t

If you inazuma 11 in your list, you watch general shonen

Watch some real sports anime

cross game - baseball

hajime no ippo - boxing

captain tsubasa -football/soccer

Eyefield 21 - american football

Anime with cool powers

Hunter x Hunter (it's better than sao and even with one piece)

Hellsing ultimate (if you like crazy powers and astonishing animation quality)

Toriko is epic later in the manga

Gourmet WAR

Dude, you completely forgot to add Major. D:

IN NO APPARENT ORDER :

Detective Conan, La Corda D' Oro, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero, Skip Beat, and Cardcaptor Sakura.

1- Detective Conan: mystery, detective, romance, comedy, everything is just perfect <3

2- Death Note: great deductions and unpredictable twists, the characters are often funny too

3- Full Metal Alchemist: great story line, combines actions, adventure, brotherhood, along with funny and sad moments.

4- Full Metal alchemist(Brotherhood): same characters of the anime but the story is based on the manga, Also has a great story line.

5- Slam dunk: you gotta love the combination of comedy, competitive spirit and school life. 

Forgot bro !

;btw how did you like the last season ?

The story was decent. His last pitch against the random batter was neat. Its looks... Everything was great~ Though, I felt bad for him when he broke his arm on the other OVA again. :/