Maurice

Post your top 5 Animes (and why)!

1. One Piece

2. Gintama

3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

4. Hunter X Hunter

5. Code Geass

I don't know why :D

1> Undoubtedly DEATH NOTE because the story is short sweet.

2> Detective Conan because I just like Shinichi And Conan.

3> The 3rd one is Bleach I really like the idea of Shinigami.

4> One Piece because I like the Story relatred to Treasure.

5> FMA

My 5 favourite anime? Let me think...

#1. Detective conan of course! With such an interesting and exiting plot in every episode, you'll wonder, "when's this animator going to run out of ideas?

#2. Naruto- fast paced ninja action! My second favourite down from DC. My favourite character is hinata hyuga. :)

#3. Magic Kaito- My favourite DC character! I love all of his gear, especially his para glider .

#4. Death Note- pretty scary but the plot is gripping and tense. Ryuk is the only reason I don't like it.

#5. N/A

Update:

1. Detective Conan

2. Special A

2. Kaichou wa Maid Sama - one of the best romance anime out there. ^.^

2. Hyouka - love the simple mysteries and the animation. Oreki is super cute too. :D

2. Erementar Gerad

My top 5 animes?hmm...

1) Detective Conan ( case solving was cool )

2) Vampire Knight ( bloody love story, i like it )

3) Kiniro no corda ( music world >_< )

4) Sword Art Online ( it's awesome )

5) Tsubasa Chronicle ( a adventure story )

Gonna update my list.

1. Steins;Gate, it's just simply a masterpiece. The plot twist, the characters and  the story are just so good.
2. Shingeki no Kyojin, mysteries, theories and speculations are my thing and not to mention the animation is pretty good.
3. One Piece, a very enjoyable show. The hilarious gags are the focus on this series, forget the the slow paced, we're not watching it for the pacing and there are also mysteries in this show. It has a good story, good op and some ed songs.
4. Detective Conan, again the mysteries, theories and speculations are my thing and a relaxing thing to watch.
5. Anohana, perhaps the first drama type anime I've watched. The op and ed songs are great! 

For me, I have some weird animes.

Of course, mainstream ones I've watched most of them.

Many, many of Hayao Miyazaki's works.

In no particular order:

1. Detective Conan <-- of course. XD

2. Fairy Tail <-- more fight scenes.

3. Steins;Gate <-- amazing how unbelievably good they explain time travel and its consequences. 

4. Kaichou wa Maid-sama/Special A <-- pretty mainstream romance animes.

5. Itazura na Kiss <-- recently I just watched the drama and it's so angsty and adowables at the same time. T.T <3

Here goes nothing:

1. Detective Conan, one and only! It brought me to like anime. c:

2. Ouran High School Host Club, until now, it's the only harem I love.

3. Shingeki no Kyojin, it's just soooo awesome. No need to explain. cx

4. Another, the first and best gore anime I've ever watched. <3

5. Kyoukai no Kanata, it's cute and awesome a-and... Fuyukai-desu! c:
It also gave importance to megane (glasses) ;u ;

Otaku, you say?

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - I am a big fan of mystery genre and this particular work is a gem. Perfect plot, characters, BGMs (in visual novels)... Couple of years ago I have spent whole week in Shirakawa-go, real life Hinamizawa. The signature valley-view is really beautiful, especially in the autumn. (If the anime version of Umineko did justice to its visual novel source, it would share the top place.)
  2. Bakemonogatari and sequels - one of the best series of recent years
  3. Steins;Gate - mind-twisting, addictive. Sadly, during my walks in Akihabara, I didn't find the IBM :)
  4. Read or Die - OK, travelling Japan, how could I miss staying in Jimbocho?
  5. Cross Game - I have discovered this series quite recently, but I just love the characters.

Well, is there something missing? ;)  Perhaps not, because I am yet to see a single episode of DC, so no place in the chart yet. Manga is just perfect for me as of now, though I should be worried about overdosing risks (300+ chapters in last 2 weeks).

I realized I never put my list up, so here you guys go:

1) Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

- Without a doubt the best series I have watched in my life. The story, in particular, is quite despair-inducing but really entertaining. A wonderful, if sometimes chilling soundtrack. It gets really good after episode 3.

2) Kokoro Connect

- A unique concept got me interested, and the story got me hooked. Also Paradigm is catchy as hell.

3) All "Toaru" series, but especially Index

- The two series currently out focus on a guy who can negate unusual phenomenon with his right hand, and a girl who is known as the Railgun for her powers over electricity. A surprisingly dark, yet riveting story. Also, a great story only makes a good series without a good soundtrack. Toaru's soundtrack is personally my favorite.

4) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

- What's most unique about this series is probably its lack of a definable genre. It very effectively takes on and raises questions on several motifs in anime. Truly one of a kind. Unfortunately, it's soundtrack is lackluster, otherwise it could've been ranked higher.

5) Kino no Tabi

- This series is a story of people. This series may not necessarily be the most exciting, but it is probably one of the most deep. It raises a few uncomfortable questions about us as people as well as a few philosophical questions as well.

Other notable series: Mushi-shi, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Black Lagoon, Black★Rock Shooter, Usagi Drop, Isshukan Friends, Angel Beats, ef: a tale of memories, Doraemon, K-ON

- All these other series had a particular aspect that made them really stand out, whether it was their story, their soundtrack, the art, or perhaps something less tangible, but they lacked a few aspects that made them stand out less overall. I would like to note that you could easily put Mushi-shi in the 5th position in my list - it was a really difficult choice between Kino no Tabi and Mushi-shi.

Mine would be (in no order)

•  Detective Conan - the way the mysteries are so detailed and complex are great, i like how the MC doesnt use some psychic power or being from a different dimension to solve the problems for him, also i love how ShinRan is pure love and there is no third party trying to get in the middle and creating drama
  •  Stiens;Gate - I found the plot to be pretty interesting, but the main reason i liked it was the interactions between the leads
  •  Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? - I'm just a sucker for the competent types of MCs
  •  Spice and Wolf - interaction between the leads is always great and i just like the feel of the whole thing
  •  Full Metal Panic - a show that never fails to make me laugh

1. Baccano!

2. Baccano!!

3. Baccano!!!

4. Baccano!!!!

5. Baccano!!!!!

Nah, it's like this:

1. Baccano!

2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3. Shingeki no Kyojin

4. Durarara!!

5. ... I don't know.

Since I haven't watched DC it's not on the list.

^YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED DC?????

Top 5(no particular order)

1. Detective Conan

2. Code Geass R2 (I liked this more than the first season)

3. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

4. Clannad: After Story

5. Death Note before that thing happened

^I just noticed I never replied to this.

I instantly thought that Innocent Child had never watched/read a single episode/chapter of DC, but I realized my mistake.

Me too. I hardly watch eppies now, spending time studying/online on the forum ^____^

Now, if I treated this as a seperate anime, I would rank Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya higher than Melancholy. It just seems like...a gift after some not-so-exciting-eppies (Endless Eight whut)

Also, I loved that scene with Kyon and Yuki. I thought he had finally called Yuki by her first name but it was just the snow! And the ending. Is that a smile behind that book?

1) My neighbor Totoro (one of the cutest fairy tales ever)

2) Future boy Conan (interesting adventures with a good ending)

3) Lamune (a very touching childhood friend love story)

4) Kindaichi shounen no JIkenbo (complicated murder mysteries; there may be less interesting characters than in DC, but the murderers are harder to guess)

5) Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (a new anime; comedy romance, well done in my opinion; childhood memories between the main characters play an important part, which I always like)

Maybe I should have included Detective Conan too, but lately I became too annoyed by the continuous "bad victim - good murderer" plots, especially because Conan never seems to get the fact that such situations are not black and white and the murderers deserve a least a little compassion, considering the circumstances that made them become criminals.

its a freedom to share right? Please dont laugh  :(

1. Cardcaptor Sakura - the reason why i start to love anime!

2. Detective conan- at first i dont like because it has toooo many episode but luckily i tried to watch one of its episode where Ran confessed to the little boy conan that he loves shinichi and that catches my heart to continue watching.

3. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles -  :D

4. Gakuen Alice - it's comedy hits me   :)

5. Fairy Tail - i just like characters who believes in magic and friendship's bond  :wub:

1. Detective Conan - I love the mysteries, great plot and characters, also because it's long

2. Kyou Kara Maou! - Shoujo medieval fantasy with comedy and a plot that turns out to be more than it seems. Not for everyone because of the bl jokes though ^^

3. Slayers - one of the most positive anime I ever saw, and the characters are awesome

4. Hunter x Hunter (both versions) - very unique shonen.

5. Durarara!! - the uniqueness **

My fave animes? Hmmm... ok so

1. Detective Conan
  2. Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
  3. Machine-Doll wa Kiszutsukaina
  4. Special A 
  5. Pokémon

​IDK why I even like Pokémon, but the manga's pretty good. :D

1) Detective Conan

2) InuYasha (including The Final Act)

3) Zero no Tsukaima (including Futatsuki no Kishi, Princess no Rondo, and F)

4) Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Haven't found a really good one to take fifth place.

My favorite animes of all time:- (not necessarily in the order) 

1. Detective Conan: Because it's the first one for me at age 4, plus the mysteries the deductions and the story line that is simply remarkable :D and everything about it :D..

2. Hajime no Ippo : I always loved boxing and as a participant of the sport I always got hyped by watching this action filled dramatic inspiring funny anime :D ..

3. Yu Yu Hakushu: One of the first martial arts fantasy animes I'v ever watched, love the action story progress and characters :D..

4. Inuyasha: Everything :) ..

5. Samurai 7: the choreography of the fights, the style and the story are quite extraordinary. the anime is based on a movie that is known among the most successful Japanese movies in history.. Shemada for life ^ ^ ..

6. Mutsu Enmei Ryu: Martial arts, Martial arts and Martial arts :)

7. Pokemon: At first I loved the concept but I grew away from the series, nonetheless loved it and still does.

8. Captain Tsubasa: A favorite for every football fan, and football is in my veins ;) ..

9. Conan kid of the future: an old famous anime that has deep story line and amazing character progress as well as drama.

10. Sword Art online: Every aspect is wonderfully done :D..

and many other animes I love are scattered in my head, I cannot favor one over the other but the one I love above all is DC. Naruto, One Piece and Bleach are on my list but they are not favored over the mentioned as I only liked as a child :) ..

1) Detective Conan (The plot and storyline are amazing! And that's why I'm here, isn't it? :D)

2) One Piece (This is actually my all-time favorite series for its adventure and storyline, but it's second because DC is the first one I fan over, so...)

3) Naruto (Not Shippuden... By then, I've dropped the series, but I definitely loved it back then)

4) Inuyasha (It's pretty good, but I really can't say much since I'm not even halfway through)

5) Death Note (Honestly, I don't have much to put as a #5, but Death Note is a classic)

This is a really bad list, considering the only ones I really really like are numbers 1 and 2. Hehe... >.<

Honorable mentions: Doraemon, Cardcaptors Sakura, all Studio Ghibli stuff