Detective Conan World
Anti-APTX4869

News for Movie 16?

I agree that Heiji was forced into the plots of movies 13 and 14 to gain more viewers. But considering that I'm a Heiji fan, it wouldn't hurt to have him in movie 16, just as long as he is significant to the plot.

We need more M-7 type movies with better drama and mystery. I don't mind the Heiji and Kazuha pairing, but it really annoys me when they both appear for comic relief and nothing else.

We need more M-7 type movies with better drama and mystery. I don't mind the Heiji and Kazuha pairing, but it really annoys me when they both appear for comic relief and nothing else.

yea, it feels like the movies lately has lacked good drama and mystery, but i think having Heiji in generally makes the movie better. Although i would appreciate more plot involvement from him.

Agreed. Heiji was involved in those two movies with basically no plot involvement at all. His appearance was completely wasted and used to gain more viewers.

i just want 2 c heiji

im a heiji fan so yea

but he needs a plot in the movie

3 rules to follow to have a decent movie :

-not guest centered (that includes the BO, as well as Kid and Heiji and Kazuha)

-not filled with pointless poorly executed actions scenes which take up 1/2 of the time

-a well-thought out and developed case with intriguing characters

• Upvote 3

-not filled with pointless poorly executed actions scenes which take up 1/2 of the time

So basically any movie like the first few ones? :P

This.

Although I don't really mind Heiji & Kazuha or the BO if they actually play parts in the development of the plot, and not just there to gain more viewers or because the movie needs as many characters as possible. I still have no comment about Kaitou Kid.

As if we need the movies to get any worse :P

:angry: hmmp! ofcourse its soccer so maybe we may get shinichi's past..together with ran! :P argg!!!

why people irritates me so easily today!! i hate this!! T__T made my day even worst!! T_T

• Upvote 1

:angry: hmmp! ofcourse its soccer so maybe we may get shinichi's past..together with ran! :P argg!!!

why people irritates me so easily today!! i hate this!! T__T made my day even worst!! T_T

Putting shinichi's past in a non canon movie makes absolutely no sense

• Upvote 1

Putting shinichi's past in a non canon movie makes absolutely no sense

But I'm guessing big ShinRan fans find it a lot more moving or exciting when you throw in some Shinichi and Ran flashbacks and whatnot. They don't care whether or not it's canon, as long as they have it.

That's another problem. Recently the movies have tried too hard to please the fans by having an overdose of ShinRan in one movie, some idiotic Kaito-Shinichi in another, a pointless BO plot in another because 'OMG it's the BOOOO !!!!!!!!", a story around Heiji and Kazuha in another etc...

And it's probably not going to stop unless they just ignore the fan demand for BO movies, more Kid movies, more ShinRan movies or even a Shiho movie. But why would they ? It brings cash.

The best movies are the ones which have a basic cast, a decent case and which aren't directed at a particular type of fan. A little bit of character development for canon pairings (for example I enjoyed the Kogoro-Eri story in movie 2) is ok, but it should not take up half of the movie.

Basically, never listen to fans.

• Upvote 3

That's another problem. Recently the movies have tried too hard to please the fans by having an overdose of ShinRan in one movie, some idiotic Kaito-Shinichi in another, a pointless BO plot in another because 'OMG it's the BOOOO !!!!!!!!", a story around Heiji and Kazuha in another etc...

And it's probably not going to stop unless they just ignore the fan demand for BO movies, more Kid movies, more ShinRan movies or even a Shiho movie. But why would they ? It brings cash.

The best movies are the ones which have a basic cast, a decent case and which aren't directed at a particular type of fan. A little bit of character development for canon pairings (for example I enjoyed the Kogoro-Eri story in movie 2) is ok, but it should not take up half of the movie.

That's the case for pretty much all the movies except movie 5. That was one of the best movies in my opinion, and it was because every character got a taste of romance, the BO was smartly involved, and the murder was a good one. Unfortunately, as you said early on in that post, only recently have the movies started to over do things. I'm betting and hoping that M-15 has actually a good and dramatic ShinRan scene that really finishes off the movie well (M-1, M-2, M-3 at the very end, and most definitely M-4). I just think the directors and producers of the movies are running out of ideas. Though I'm curious to see how a soccer field would play into a movie, I'm just hoping they can make a decent movie out of the idea. The safe bet would be to use bombs (heck, they used it for a state of the art cruise, so who said the bad guy couldn't smuggle it into a soccer stadium?), but I really don't know how a murder would tie in. Maybe murders related to soccer players and then a final climactic scene at the soccer stadium? Maybe something along the lines of M-12? Or it could be a boring M-1 style movie where there's just someone with a grudge against Shinishi and soccer trying to blow up a whole stadium! It could be another BO, Kaito Kid, or Heiji movie for all we know as of now! There won't be any new things to speculate on until the preview comes out soon after M-15 is translated, but even then, we'd probably have to wait until December for a promotional poster, then the title, then the official movie poster, then the 30 second to 1 minute long preview, and then finally the long awaited 1 minute 30 second long trailer. We still have a long time to wait. Meanwhile, I'll just be trying to make the most out of freshman year and wait patiently.

@waka: Well said, but honestly, as much as I would LOVE to see that, it simply won't happen. I mean no matter what kid fans would like you to believe, Movie 14 was simply the worst thing ever, yet look at how much money it made. The people who write these movies are very lazy, and they realized that they could put complete crap together and people will still come out in droves to see it, because, let's face it, that's anime fandom.

Basically, as long as these lackluster movies keep making money, odds are they won't get any better, they'll put some generic shinran, some boring heiji/kazuha, and some overrated kid in and overlook the plot because they can make lots of money with minimal effort.

@waka: Well said, but honestly, as much as I would LOVE to see that, it simply won't happen. I mean no matter what kid fans would like you to believe, Movie 14 was simply the worst thing ever, yet look at how much money it made. The people who write these movies are very lazy, and they realized that they could put complete crap together and people will still come out in droves to see it, because, let's face it, that's anime fandom.

Basically, as long as these lackluster movies keep making money, odds are they won't get any better, they'll put some generic shinran, some boring heiji/kazuha, and some overrated kid in and overlook the plot because they can make lots of money with minimal effort.

It's not a surprise since the japanese who go see the Conan movies are mainly teenage girls, kids (that's why the DB are always there) and their parents (who are just there because someone has to take the kid). And then you have the young adults in their 20s. Basically, most of these people probably don't give a damn about having a good case. They want romance, cute boys, action, some childish humor and Conan doing cool stuff.

This year's Detective Conan film, Detective Conan: Full Score of Fear, opened at #1 at the Japanese box office during April 19–20 weekend. The film features a previously unreleased song by Zard, the singer of many Detective Conan themes who passed away last May. The Fuji Sankei news source reports that 350,000 people watched the movie on 335 screens over the past weekend, and the film earned 420.03 million yen (about US$4,124,013 according to Box Office Mojo). About 70% of the audience was female. Teenagers made up the largest segment of the audience, followed by people in their 30s and then people in their 20s. Last year's Detective Conan movie eventually earned 2.5 billion yen (about US$25 million) over its entire run

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-25/japanese-box-office-april-19-20

Since it brings cash, they're likely to keep making such movies. I mean, why bother risk doing a good case (which obviously wouldn't gain many viewers and requires so much brain works) when you can always put some Kaitou Kid, ShinRan and random BO stuffs to earn the bigger amount of money (WITHOUT having to think too much about the plot) ?

I want to watch both. Really badly. Except, I can't get the movies translations from DCTP to work on my computer. Help, anybody?

That's odd. It should be fine since everything that DCTP had subbed are hardsubs, so you just basically need a player. What does the problem exactly look like?

Edited by Monsi