Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
FlamingFirewire

FUNimation's New Case Closed Site

http://beta.funimation.com/case-closed

Just posted the above link for the new FUNimation website, which of course means a new interface. It has an area for reviews and thoughts on the show and acts kind of like youTube. Thought I would post this here so that everyone here can drop their two cents onto the new forum board dealing with the "Status of Case Closed" and "Reviews" of the show at large.

I really don't mean this to sound as an advertisement, but please consider supporting the show by visiting the site and showing your support for the release of DC in North America.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of the English version of DC either :P

But their site is basically a less awesome version of DCW... Their forums aren't as awesome >:B

Of course is the Japanese Dub the best one IMO.

And I usually I always go with english dub's for shows. (Non-Anime Shows like HIMYM)

because german always turns out to be not that good as the original dub.

But I have to say that I choose german over english in this case.

Because I could never go with all those "fake" names like Rachel!?

Come On. . . ! :D

I have major problems with the English version... It sounds so fake when they're talking, and they use those ridiculous names. And the manga doesn't even make sense anymore. They live in 'America' and yet their English teacher can't even speak decent English. That's because all of a sudden Japanese is their dominant language. The Japanese version is much better.

Remember, even if you do hate the English Dub, the reason why I brought it up is because the DVDs include the Japanese dub (and obviously subtitles) along with the English dub. Plus I would like to see some more of the movies in English; just another way to show support for the series. I would hope for less alterations on the movies though... (goddamn TMS)

The site isn't bad, but they've unforgivably butchered the series for me with the names and the horrible relocating of the setting. If I had to pick another language dub, I'd choose the French or Italian verions. I still hope they'll release more of the Conan movies, though.

http://beta.funimation.com/case-closed

Just posted the above link for the new FUNimation website, which of course means a new interface. It has an area for reviews and thoughts on the show and acts kind of like youTube. Thought I would post this here so that everyone here can drop their two cents onto the new forum board dealing with the "Status of Case Closed" and "Reviews" of the show at large.

I really don't mean this to sound as an advertisement, but please consider supporting the show by visiting the site and showing your support for the release of DC in North America.

thanks i love the english version. so they still have my support.

I have major problems with the English version... It sounds so fake when they're talking, and they use those ridiculous names. And the manga doesn't even make sense anymore. They live in 'America' and yet their English teacher can't even speak decent English. That's because all of a sudden Japanese is their dominant language. The Japanese version is much better.

The English version of the manga is set in Japan, Viz just uses the English names to coincide with the dub. FUNimation gave up on it being set in America in movie six anyway.

I agree with the English names for the characters not being good compared to the Japanese names, but I still think the series should continue in English. There are potential new fans that probably never heard of the series yet or have no means of just stumbling on Detective Conan online and an English dub could be a gateway to bring more DC fans and more new members to DCW.

I don't care for case closed as much because they change the meanings and names, even altering the entire plot of movie 2, for the sake of the dub. I've seen shows where they keep the japanese names, honorifics, and references~

But it introduced me to DC last year, so I still love it~ <3