Detective Conan World

"If his voice hasn't been the melody of my life, it's been the bass line, so subtle you don't notice it until it's missing."

— Jodi Picoult (Vanishing Acts)

47 people liked it like

Copied off Goodreads for my Gmail status O___o

"The brain of a person in love will show activity in the amygdala, which is associated with gut feelings, and in the nucleus accumbens, an area associated with rewarding stimuli that tends to be active in drug abusers. Or, to recap: the brain of a person in love doesn't look like the brain of someone overcome by deep emotion. It looks like the brain of a person who's been snorting coke."

^oh, hell... what am i going to do :P my brain probably looks like the brain of a meth addict if this is true xD

My Gmail buzz post copied from my Gmail status :3

TheHallow's Eve Mishap

At Kaito's House

"So, Hakuba," started Kaito, smiling ashe looked over at his friend/rival. "Have you decided on your Halloweenparty costume yet?"

"I'mjust wearing my Sherlock Holmes outfit," repliedSaguru grumpily, reading 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' on Kaito's bed,ruffling his honey-blond hair as he yawned. "Why are you making such afuss over this anyways? It's not like you'll have to do anything complicated,right? You're just going as Kaitou Kid."

"Bzzt!"buzzed Kaito, clicking his tongue in disappointment as he shook his head."You should know I'm more creative than that. I'm actually going assomething that’s actually Halloween themed. Besides, what if someone realized Iwas the real thing? Come on, Hakuba, you should wear something other than thatjunky old plaid detective suit."

"It'snot junky!" exclaimed Hakuba, putting down his book and sitting up.“It’s one of my favorite uniforms! I wear it to about half of my cases!” Kaitorolled his eyes at his friend’s outburst.

“And over half of us are trying our best not to laugh at how ridiculousyou look in that old thing,” commented Kaito, watching Saguru’s face flush inembarrassment. “Seriously, Hakuba, how about you get your creativity cap on andthink of something original and fun for once?”

“I never really wanted to go to that stupid Halloween dance anyways,” heprotested, settling back onto the bed, though it was obvious he was no longerfocused on his book. “What’s the point? It’s just like a normal party pluscostumes, and I’m not one for dressing up as a ghost or something. I bet youthink that’s even lamer than my detective outfit.”

Kaito smiled evilly, and then said, “Then how about we liven things up alittle, Hakuba?” His eyes twinkled with a form of mischief, and Saguru lookedback at him warily.

“What are you planning, Kuroba?” he asked, cautiously scanning Kaito’sface for hints. “I swear, if it involves dyeing my hair blue I am going to-“

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing like that.” Saguru visibly relaxed. He hadexperienced Kaito’s pranks more than one time too many. “I have a bet for you.”

That got him interested. “Does it involve me catching you as Kaitou Kid?We’re long overdue for another battle,” he replied almost a little too eagerly.Kaito knew that even if he was caught, Saguru would let him go. You don’tbetray friends, so basically it’d be like letting go of a butterfly after youcaught it.

“Nope. It’s about Aoko and Akako,” Kaito said, examining Saguru to seehis reaction, and from what he saw there, he was pleased.

Another story... I was sending it to my iTouch to edit...

The two who fought for the title of founding father of fingerprinting were William J Hershel and Henry Faulds. Both were a big part of the use of fingerprinting as a means of identification. Hershel was the first perosn to implicate the pratical use of fingerprinting while Faulds received the credit of the identification of a fingerprint.

The first recorded use of fingerprints against a criminal was in 1892 in Argentina. The man, Juan Vucetich, lifted a fingerprint off a doorknob to catch the criminal.

In 1924, the FBI was allowed to form the Identification Division. This created a central source to contain all previous criminal and generally recorded fingerprints. With this information, it made it easier to identify repeated criminals and missing persons.

Today, fingerprints are used often to figure out various information about people. Offical fingerprints are taken at birth and kept on file.

The brief history of fingerprinting. I was working on this with Sayuri.

Best Quotes:

"I know what love is. When you find the person you are supposed to love, bells ring and fireworks go off in your head and you can't find the words to speak and you think about him all the time. When you find the person you are supposed to love, you will know by staring deeply into their eyes." 

"If his voice hasn't been the melody of my life, it's been the bass line, so subtle you don't notice it until it's missing." 

"And suddenly I knew what became of all those lost balloons: they were the loves that slipped out of our fists; the blank eyes that rose in every night sky."

"Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to put her fist through a mirror. She would tell everyone it was so that she could see what was on the other side, but really, it was so that she wouldn’t have to look at herself. That, and because she thought she might be able to steal a piece of glass when no one was looking and use it to carve her heart out of her chest."

"If I'm going to fuck up my life, does it really matter which way I do it?"

"If you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn't be filled?" 

"A photo says, you were happy, and I wanted to catch that. A photo says, you were so important to me that I put down everything else to come watch." 

"There are two kinds of love...in the safe kind you look for someone who's exactly like you. It's what most folks settle for. But then there's the other kind of love. Everyone's born with a ragged edge, and some folks crave that piece that's a perfect fit. You'll search for it forever, if you have to. And if you're lucky enough to find it, it looks so right, you start to tear at your own seams, thinking, maybe I could look just as perfect. But then, of course, when you try to get close to their other half, you don't fit anymore. That kind of love...you come out of it a different person than you were when you started."

"When you love someone, you say their name different. Like it's safe inside your mouth."

"I love you," he whispered, and that was the moment he knew what he was going to do. When you loved someone, you put their needs before your own. No matter how inconceivable those needs were; no matter how fucked up; no matter how much it made you feel like you were ripping yourself into pieces." 

"Do you know what it's like to love someone so much, that you can't see yourself without picturing her? Or what it's like to touch someone, and feel like you've come home? What we had wasn't about sex, or about being with someone just to show off what you've got, the way it was for other kids our age. We were, well, meant to be together. Some people spend their whole lives looking for that one person. I was lucky enough to have her all along." 

"As it turned out, hell wasn't watching the people you love get hurt; it was coming in during the second act, when it was already too late to stop it from happening." 

"Traveling is all very well and good as long as you knew there is a place or person you can call home."

"When you love someone more than he loves you, you'll do anything to switch the scales. You dress the way you think he'd like you to dress. You pick up his favorite figures of expression. You tell yourself that if you re-create yourself in his image, then he'll crave you in the same way you crave him."

"Things that break - be they bones, hearts, or promises - can be put back together but will never really be whole." 

"I imagine the touch of someone who loves you so much, he cannot bear to watch you sleep; and so you wake up with his hand on your heart." 

"What we all want, really, is to be loved. That craving drives our worst behavior." 

"But love wasn't about sacrifice, and it wasn't about falling short of someone's expectations. By definition, love made you better than good enough; it redefined perfection to include your traits, instead of excluding them. All any of us wanted, really, was to know that we counted. That someone else's life would not have been as rich without us here." 

"I don't belong to a religion. Religion's the reason the world's falling apart..." That's what religion does. It points a finger. It causes wars. It breaks apart countries. It's a petri dish for stereotypes to grow in. Religion's not about being holy," Shay said. "Just holier-than-thou." 

"So much of the language of love was like that: you devoured someone with your eyes, you drank in the sight of him,you swallowed him whole. Love was sustenance, broken down and beating through your bloodstream." 

"He believed in past lives. Moreover, he believed that the person you fell in love with in each life was the same person you fell in love with in the life before, and the one before that. Sometimes, you might miss her - she'd be reborn in post-World War I generation, and you wouldn't come back until the fifties. Sometimes, your paths would cross and you wouldn't recognize each other. Get it right - that is: fall madly, truly, deeply - and perhaps there'd be an eternity carved out solely for the two of you." 

"You fell in love with someone because of the tilt of his smile, or because he could make you laugh, or in this case, because he made you believe that you were the only one who could save him." 

"In nineteen minutes you can order a pizza and have it delivered. You can read a story to a child or have your oil changed. You can walk a mile. You can sew a hem. In nineteen minutes you can get revenge." 

"I drew it over my skin like a violins bow, No one would ever hear the song of my shame." 

"It made me think of my mother, when she made her pie crusts. She'd prick little holes all over the place. So it can breathe, she said. I was just breathing. I closed my eyes, anticipating each cut, feeling that wash of relief when it was done." 

("You don’t have to say I love you to say I love you,” you said with a shrug. “All you have to do is say my name and I know.” 

“How?” 

When I looked down at you, I was struck by how much of myself I could see in the shape of your eyes, in the light of your smile. “Say Cassidy,” you instructed. 

“Cassidy.” 

“Say
Ursula.” 

“Ursula,” I parroted. 

“Now
.,” and you pointed to your own chest. 

“Willow.” 

“Can’t you hear it?” you said. ” When you love someone, you say their name different. Like it’s safe inside your mouth.")

"When you want something so desperately, you shake with the need for it. You tell yourself that you don't need more than one sip, because it's just the taste you crave, and once it's on your tongue you will be able to make it last a lifetime. You dream of it at night. You see a thousand mile-high obstacles between where you stand and what you want, and you convince yourself you have the power to hurdle them. You tell yourself this even when, leaping the first block, you wind up bruised and bloodied and flattened." 

"Suddenly, I don't want to be this person anymore. I don't want to pretend I'm fooling the world when I'm not. I want someone else to have a plan for me, because I'm not doing a very good job myself." 

"You can touch everything and be connected to nothing." 

"A filament of sensation sizzled between them, like a thin string of kerosene that, for the love of a match, could turn into a wall of fire." 

"The letters are mixed up. U and I should be together." 

"In life, perfect pitch is the ability to know someone from the inside out, even better maybe than she knows herself." 

"Imagine if you were the positive pole of a magnet, and you were told that under no circumstances were you allowed to touch that negative pole that was sucking you in like a black hole. Or if you crawled out of the desert and found a woman standing with a pitcher of ice water, but she held it out of your reach. Imagine jumping off a building, and then being told not to fall. That's what it feels like to want a drink." 

"The brain of a person in love will show activity in the amygdala, which is associated with gut feelings, and in the nucleus accumbens, an area associated with rewarding stimuli that tends to be active in drug abusers. Or, to recap: the brain of a person in love doesn't look like the brain of someone overcome by deep emotion. It looks like the brain of a person who's been snorting coke."

"Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other,it's one day closer to the next time you will."

Oh gosh .__. I was copying and pasting this note on my iPhone to put into my Documents app O___o

Read Manga Online

Welcome, manga fans! We have the largest collection of all the popular manga scans and scanlations for you to read online, as well as a close-knit community for you to chat and make friends. Naruto or Bleach, Shonen or Shoujo, manga or manhwa, you name it! Top speed, completely free. Enjoy~

mangafox.com

http: // www. facebook. com/ notes/conan-edogawa-shinichi-kudo/gosho-aoyamas-most-recent-interview-lots-of-spoilers/ 10150233100827604

Something I searched up yesterday. Turns out to be something I already read.

Also, we should try the whole "lynch xpon" thing again, hopefully with a little less fail from kazuha

I like lynching xpon (See Round 23), but I actually need proof before I vote.

inorite?

Also, no way xpon is a protector, no way in hell he's that dumb to just publicly claim that and have it be true, he's lying about something, and since everybody's gotta vote anyway, might as well vote for the suspicious one

I would...but I bring up a very-overused point:

We are talking about xpon, here.

This is indeed a valid point. :V

The overused point is still valid. :D

Oh. Don't ask.

Intro chapter

Heiji holds onto an envelope excitedly. He goes running to tell Kazuha the great news.

'Kazuha!! I've got a TV company asking me to challenge the great detective of East! Again!'

'Is it Ran's otousan that you have to challenge?' Kazuha implies, slightly surprised.

'Yes it is, aho!'

'What aho? You're the aho! Now let me see that letter!!'

Kazuha grabs the letter and begans to read the words aloud, all the while dodging Heiji's pathetic attempts to take his letter back.

'Dear Hattori Heiji-san,

OK that looks like the beginning of the intro chapter to my new songfic.

"If I'm going to fuck up my life, does it really matter which way I do it?"

A quote I showed a friend... xD Don't mind the curse word :3