Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Forever Lost

Another New Anime Season Rolls In

Alright, so first I'll start with... this, I guess.

--'Battle Girls - Time Paradox'

So far this anime is alright. Honestly the main problem I have with it is the lack of body cover for the armor/outfits of two of the main characters, but it's not really ecchi or anything. In fact I don't recall any scenes like that. Basically an airhead girl ends up somehow in the past with historical figures. However when the people (according to her history book) should be male, they're female. The girl often offers advice influenced from her modern life and the anime so far (right now it's on episode 3) is pretty humorous. It's borderline on the "It's so stupid it's funny" thing.

--'The World God Only Knows Season 2'

Now this anime is great. I've loved it ever since season one first came out and so far season two looks just as great. The World God Only Knows is about a gamer who has beaten every dating sim game out there. He receives a challenge and ends up stuck with a strange girl named Elsie who wants him to help her find loose souls. In order to do this, the main character must fill the emptiness in the person's heart. It's quite funny and I highly recommend it.

--'Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi'

This anime is pretty good, but it's got the whole harem thing going on. I'm simply guessing, but it's looking like the typical dramatic storyline of the boy who used to be in a small village, returns when he's a teen, and all these girls remember him and fall in love with him as he remembers his past. Of course, I can't say for sure, but that's my stab at it. Right now there's only two episodes out. The main character and his fragile little brother go to this village to stay at an inn who's owner knew their dad. While waiting for a bus, the younger brother loses his hat to a monkey, and the older brother goes to chase after it. After getting the hat back he runs into a beautiful girl named Ui, and you'll have to watch to see what else happens.

--'Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal'

Do. Not. Watch. Unless you wish to have your brain implode. Of course that's if you know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh. This is basically the WORST Yu-Gi-Oh! idea EVER. It's like .. elementary kids. :/

--'Toriko'

Haven't watched it, but I noticed it on the new anime list. It doesn't look good, but if anyone watches it, tell me what you think of it.

--'Tiger & Bunny'

Haven't watched this one either. Apparently it's marked under "mecha". It didn't look interesting enough to watch for me, but as I said for Toriko, if you see it, tell me what you think.

--'Steins;Gate'

I haven't watched this either, but I have watched Chaos;Head which occurred one year before the setting of Steins;Gate (according to this thing I'm reading). I don't remember much about Chaos;Head except that chaos was probably the perfect name of the anime. It's rated R 17+, so I don't really recommend it. If you have seen it though, let me know what you think of it.

--'Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai'

I was going to watch this. Until I saw that it was rated R+ for Mild Nudity. Apparently it's tagged under drama, ecchi, romance, and harem. Just from that, I don't think it's worth watching. At all. But if you're into that sort of thing, let me know if it has a decent storyline.

--'Maria Holic Alive'

Second season of Maria Holic. I've watched one of the episodes from this season, and although it's funny, it's not something I'd place on the highly recommended, or even recommended list. I won't say that it's absolutely not worth watching, because it certainly has its hilarious points. The main character is a lesbian girl who goes to an all-girls school to find her true love. She's not the only odd character though. If you don't mind oddness, you'll find this funny.

--'Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen'

Haven't watched it. Didn't look interesting to me at all. However it's apparently an adaptation of the "Chika Chinchiro" and "Pachinko Numa" stories from the Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji manga (I've never read it so..). It's sectioned under game, thriller, and seinen. So, if you feel like watching or have already, come back and tell me your thoughts on it.

--'Hanasaku Iroha'

I LOVE this anime so far! It's only in it's third episode right now but I really love it. The animation is great and so is the story (so far). Ohana always looked for some sort of drama in her life, even though her mother hardly cared for her and instead was always too busy doing her own thing. Her mother suddenly off and leaves her and sends her out of Tokyo to her grandmother who owns an inn. Right when she gets there, she realizes life isn't going to be as sparkly and lovely in her dramatic imagination as she had thought. According to a summary I've come across, the story will also feature other teenage girls who are looking for their dreams and excitements, and hopefully it'll be as good as the one for Ohana right now. I highly recommend this anime.

--'Dog Days'

Really... weird... anime. I'm watching it for it's hilarity. It really is so stupid and cliche that it's hilarious. It's an action/shounen/supernatural genre story. An overly athletic student gets pulled into another world with dog people(? I don't know what they are.. :/) after being summoned by the princess to fight. He agrees and becomes the Hero of Biscotti. However things don't turn out to be the way you'd think. Pretty funny, one of those things you watch to laugh and pass the time.

--'Ao no Exorcist'

Haven't watched it, and I don't think I will. The art looks pretty good from the screenshot, but I'm not really interested in this type much. It's under action, fantasy, shounen, and supernatural. If you've seen it, tell me what you think of it.

--'Astarotte no Omocha!'

Haven't watched and I don't plan on it. It's under comedy, demons, ecchi, fantasy, romance, and seinen. If you watch it and don't mind the ecchi, let me know if it has a storyline worth watching.

--'Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai'

This anime is on its second episode and I really love it so far! A group of kids who used to hang out together all the time are now teens and are split by all sorts of social differences. They split after the death of one of their friends, a girl named Menma. So far it's pretty cute and sad at the same time, I really do recommend this one as of right now.

--'[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control'

I'm not sure what to think of this anime yet. It's pretty good and very interesting to watch as of the second episode. A place called the Financial District pulls people in, giving them money to use in their district - but their future is collateral. A hard-working college student working two jobs and using little of what he earns is approached as the next 'entre' for the District.

I believe that's it for the new anime this season, or at least so far. I don't really watch the ecchi anime and I don't ever really recommend watching it. Sure, even DC has a level of pevertedness to it, life does, but usually stuff put under ecchi is extremely so and the story is mainly around the fact that it contains lots of ecchi scenes. Other anime that I haven't watched is just because I didn't feel inclined to. If you've watched any of the anime that I haven't watched on this list, please respond and tell me what you think. Tell me what you think of these anime and if there's any I missed or comments you'd like to make.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, I took quite some time writing it, but I figured I had a little expertise (I'm a nerd that watches tons of anime.. so I guess that makes it expertise.. XDD) on this and since the other anime area hasn't seemed to have much going on in it I thought maybe I'd write this up and post it lol. Thanks for responding, it made me feel a lot better about taking the time to write it.

Thank you, I took quite some time writing it, but I figured I had a little expertise (I'm a nerd that watches tons of anime.. so I guess that makes it expertise.. XDD) on this and since the other anime area hasn't seemed to have much going on in it I thought maybe I'd write this up and post it lol. Thanks for responding, it made me feel a lot better about taking the time to write it.

no,thank you for your hard work

Yes, from what I understand, you can. You can also find them all at the place I watch them for free www(dot)nwanime(dot)com.

Also, updated the first post and added '[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control', it's rather interesting.