Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Detective Conan Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky

Well, it's official, via a leaked Shonen Sunday issue, the title of the 14th movie has been revealed, as well as some images from the film!

The 14th movie's official title will be:

THE LOST SHIP IN THE SKY

Also, the confirmed cast of characters involved are Conan, Ran, Kogoro, Sonoko, Agasa, Haibara, Megure, Chiba, Sato, Takagi, Jirokichi Suzuki, the Detective Boys (Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta) and KAITOU KID!!

PLOT: Jirokichi Suzuki, Sonoko's uncle, invites Conan, Ran, the Detective Boys, and others to ride Bell 3, the largest airship in the world, for a six-hour trip to Osaka. However, Kid has his eyes set on the Lady of the Sky jewel aboard the vessel. Also, the mysterious terrorist group known as Red Siamese Cat hijacks the airship itself.

And now, here are two images!

Movie14Image2.jpg

The first one is a poster of... KAITOXRAN?! WTF?! PLEASE tell me this isn't what I think it is. -_- I REALLY hope the Kaitou Kid portions don't go down the too predictable for a show like DC route that it looks like it's going to go...

Movie14Image.jpg

Also, here's an image featuring what is assumed to be the movie poster, including... Haibara being slapped! A ridiculous bunch of goofs in costumes, that are presumed to be the movie's villains! And... new gadgets for Conan?!

My thoughts? This movie looks like it's going to be a brutally lame dissappointment.

I gotta be honest, from the posters, this movie really doesn't look very promising. On the first poster, those Biohazard people look completely ridiculous and goofy. And the second poster... it's a cute teaser, though will be an incredible predictable piece of plot if something similar to that really DOES happen in the story.

Me, personally, I envision the second poster to be something like in Movie 13, where Conan had that nightmare that Gin had grabbed him and said, "Edogawa Conan... no... KUDO SHINICHI!" Probably something along the lines of that. At least that's what I hope, because to be honest, they better not go THAT certain route, like "Oh no, Kaitou Kid has his sights on Ran!!!" I mean, it's an AO movie, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were to completely ignore the whole KaitouxAoko thing. I don't understand people... -_-

So, what does everyone think? Your thoughts on the title, the posters, the presumed to be main villains? The fact that the Detective Boys and Ginzo Nakamori are apparently NOT going to be in this film (They were not listed in the confirmed cast.)?

Release date: April 17, 2010

And here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOuAVzKMmVY

From the looks of the trailer, I'm not going to get much out of this one. ESPECIALLY if they truly decide to go and make it that Kaito suddenly forgets Aoko and decides to go and make a move on Ran... that to me alone would kill the movie, let alone the ridiculous looking bad guys. -_- Definitely NOT looking forward to this one. Not even the awesomeness that is Kid is making me all that interested, especially with the out of character plot development via the movie poster with Ran and the trailer.

We really haven't had a REALLY good Detective Conan movie since Strategy Above the Depths, honestly. The Raven Chaser was such a brutal disappointment to me, and that looked REALLY cool. This looks like it's going to be completely ridiculous. I feel like now every Detective Conan movie has to add some sort of completely hokey plot to it.

HERE'S AN IDEA, FOR THE 15TH MOVIE, PUT THEM ALL ON A SPACESHIP M I RITE GUYZ LOL

Judging from the posters, In my opinion, this movie will be a big hit. About the first one (where kaito is kissing Ran), I'm sure Ran won't fall for Kaito easily, plus, Conan is in that picture, too, he won't let Kaito Kid grab Ran from him. LOL. But if she does, well, THAT would be a REALLY BIG twist in the story, so I don't really think she will. Besides, Kaitou has Aoko, so let Kudo have Ran!

The second poster shows many scenes in the movie. Such as, Ran piloting the plane AGAIN. And Haibara being slapped. I don't really want to give any bad comments now, since I haven't seen the movie yet.

So to make things short, I just hope Kaito Kid won't let us down in this movie. :)

I hope the first poster isn't some crappy lie they're making. I'd believe that Kaitou would (easily) disguise himself as Shinichi or something like that. xD

hahaha.. just i thought!! anyway, have u approve the event i make in the calendar about this movie's release??

I just did. :)

Good idea btw! ^^

@topic: That's some good news!

Would you like to have it moved to "News & Update" eventually? so that it attracts more people and gets featured on the homepage as well? :rolleyes:

I agree with the whole "Spaceship" thing. And to be honest, I think movies 1-11 were the good ones (Private Eye's Requeim was a favorite of mine), and I WAS disappointed with movies 12 and 13. The reason that the movies are loosing their thrill that they once had is because Aoyama plans to end the series soon, in case of overkill, such as this movie issue. He claims to have an ending already written since he finished manga volume one, but as far as we know, it's under lock and key, and iwll not be revealed until Aoyama has nothing left to offer.

Oh, and I'm surprised that Kudo has never once had Kaitou Kid help him. Like in movie 11, he helped save their lifes from Genta's bomb (Yeah, it's far different from smaller favors), but the time Kudo came back to Ran's school play, I assumed he had convinced kaitou kid to come their and act as him. I was wrong, obviously, but it would be a neat idea... (I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong board; I'm a Newbie...)

Oh, and I'm surprised that Kudo has never once had Kaitou Kid help him. Like in movie 11, he helped save their lifes from Genta's bomb (Yeah, it's far different from smaller favors), but the time Kudo came back to Ran's school play, I assumed he had convinced kaitou kid to come their and act as him. I was wrong, obviously, but it would be a neat idea... (I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong board; I'm a Newbie...)

first of all, that thing with the wrist band happened in movie 10... second of all, I think you're right. Kaito has helped Shinichi keep his cover (both in movie 3 and 8, although in 8 Shinichi almost blew it)... but it wasn't anything that really happened on purpose, and they have always been on opposite sides of cases they've been involved in

Kaito kissing Ran???!!!! Kudo won't allow that to happen. I hope conan turns into kudo in this movie but i think he won't. This movie should be better than the 13th movie. It was kinda disappointing you know.

I think in the 15th movie Shinichi should find a damn cure,not a maybe or a temporary one he should just be cured so we can finally put this thing into overdrive and start wrapping up. 500+ episodes really 500+, I love the show but I don't think anyone else would disagree that they would like to see the end already. Oh and they should be on a spaceship I'm down for that too.

Well, I doubt Kid will kiss Ran... without being disguised as Kudo or something. That picture could be the image through Conan's eyes, seeing as he'd know if KID disguised as him. I think that's more believable.

im in episode 470

bored

hahaha... just waiting april 17th.. I can't wait anymore... honets, I little expect that it would be gone like shown on the poster..hehe

I am soooooo bored. I'm in china with one of the slowest internet connections in the world. It takes more than 4 hours to download a 20 minute episode of One Piece! And I don't think Ran kisses Kaito, thats either Conan's dream like in Movie 13 (It was a great dissapointment), or it's really Shinichi dressed up as Kid. Anyway I think DC Movies are just a way for the producers to make money from people making good trailers and rubbish movies.

I have a feeling that Ran isn't gonna be the one in the rooftop with KID.... Maybe it's not her... that's why Conan's reaction was not that disappointed... But Kaito KID x Ran pairing isn't such a bad idea...

Well, it's official, via a leaked Shonen Sunday issue, the title of the 14th movie has been revealed, as well as some images from the film!

The 14th movie's official title will be:

THE LOST SHIP IN THE SKY

Also, the confirmed cast of characters involved are Conan, Ran, Kogoro, Sonoko, Agasa, Haibara, Megure, Chiba, Sato, Takagi, Jirokichi Suzuki, the Detective Boys (Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta) and KAITOU KID!!

PLOT: Jirokichi Suzuki, Sonoko's uncle, invites Conan, Ran, the Detective Boys, and others to ride Bell 3, the largest airship in the world, for a six-hour trip to Osaka. However, Kid has his eyes set on the Lady of the Sky jewel aboard the vessel. Also, the mysterious terrorist group known as Red Siamese Cat hijacks the airship itself.

And now, here are two images!

Movie14Image2.jpg

The first one is a poster of... KAITOXRAN?! WTF?! PLEASE tell me this isn't what I think it is. -_- I REALLY hope the Kaitou Kid portions don't go down the too predictable for a show like DC route that it looks like it's going to go...

Movie14Image.jpg

Also, here's an image featuring what is assumed to be the movie poster, including... Haibara being slapped! A ridiculous bunch of goofs in costumes, that are presumed to be the movie's villains! And... new gadgets for Conan?!

My thoughts? This movie looks like it's going to be a brutally lame dissappointment.

I gotta be honest, from the posters, this movie really doesn't look very promising. On the first poster, those Biohazard people look completely ridiculous and goofy. And the second poster... it's a cute teaser, though will be an incredible predictable piece of plot if something similar to that really DOES happen in the story.

Me, personally, I envision the second poster to be something like in Movie 13, where Conan had that nightmare that Gin had grabbed him and said, "Edogawa Conan... no... KUDO SHINICHI!" Probably something along the lines of that. At least that's what I hope, because to be honest, they better not go THAT certain route, like "Oh no, Kaitou Kid has his sights on Ran!!!" I mean, it's an AO movie, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were to completely ignore the whole KaitouxAoko thing. I don't understand people... -_-

So, what does everyone think? Your thoughts on the title, the posters, the presumed to be main villains? The fact that the Detective Boys and Ginzo Nakamori are apparently NOT going to be in this film (They were not listed in the confirmed cast.)?

Release date: April 17, 2010

And here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOuAVzKMmVY

From the looks of the trailer, I'm not going to get much out of this one. ESPECIALLY if they truly decide to go and make it that Kaito suddenly forgets Aoko and decides to go and make a move on Ran... that to me alone would kill the movie, let alone the ridiculous looking bad guys. -_- Definitely NOT looking forward to this one. Not even the awesomeness that is Kid is making me all that interested, especially with the out of character plot development via the movie poster with Ran and the trailer.

We really haven't had a REALLY good Detective Conan movie since Strategy Above the Depths, honestly. The Raven Chaser was such a brutal disappointment to me, and that looked REALLY cool. This looks like it's going to be completely ridiculous. I feel like now every Detective Conan movie has to add some sort of completely hokey plot to it.

HERE'S AN IDEA, FOR THE 15TH MOVIE, PUT THEM ALL ON A SPACESHIP M I RITE GUYZ LOL