Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

I agree, Mockingjay was boring. I love the Hunger Games, and I loved Catching Fire even more, so I expected the seties to end with a bang, but no! It was full of military stuff that I'm not really interested in, and it was kind of hard to picture the scenes in my head. And I had to take some time to adjust to the new characters.

Rating: 3.5/5

the military stuff was rlly so boring... and there were so many new characters as well as so many characters that get killed off in the end... lol it made me angry xD

Haha, yeah I feel ya...like I dunno, but I think each book just got a bit boring-er.....like Catching Fire wasn't as "Wow!" as Hunger Games...and I was like "Oh, maybe Mockingjay will be better...?" But sadly, no..:<

BATTLE ROYALE >>>> Hunger Games, just sayin~ :P

i totally agree tht each book got worse... what did you think about divergent -- u know, the two books are sorta similar :P

i totally agree tht each book got worse... what did you think about divergent -- u know, the two books are sorta similar :P

Divergent was amazing!!!!! <3 I looved it :3

I just haven't read Allegiant yet....It's been soooo long I don't even remember anything that happened....:< I hate it when that happens cause I'm always like "who is this?" or "what are they talking about?" or "what happened again?" So sad :( But I really wanna read it soon, and of course watch the movie!!

Divergent was amazing!!!!! <3 I looved it :3

I just haven't read Allegiant yet....It's been soooo long I don't even remember anything that happened....:< I hate it when that happens cause I'm always like "who is this?" or "what are they talking about?" or "what happened again?" So sad :( But I really wanna read it soon, and of course watch the movie!!

yeah divergent was pretty gud :D

allegiant was gud too... nd im sure u will find the ending really shocking... but i wont spoil it!

i watched divergent (movie) nd the actors/actresses did not look anything like how i imagined the characters to look like -- so sad... nd i felt like the movie cut a lot of the parts in the book out nd put in a lot of irrelevant scenes

Eh, I dunno...Mockingjay wasn't BAD, but I honestly thought it could've been better, especially when it's the last book, and she's already shown her readers how good she can write with Hunger Games. I personally just thought it was really slow and a little boring in some parts.....I don't know...now that I think about it, there were stuff going on (like pretty big stuff) but maybe it was the way she described it or wrote it that I just found really slooowww....:/ I'm sorry for saying such things >< I usually don't, but I just thought that Mockingjay could've been a much more exciting and thrilling book and actually live up to its potential that the other two built. >_<

i agree with you so much about Mockingjay.... it was boring at parts and i felt like it was a disappointing ending to the trilogy that started off so well with Hunger Games :( but then again i guess i wasnt too excited about reading Mockingjay because i thought Catching Fire was boring... :P

Haha, yeah I feel ya...like I dunno, but I think each book just got a bit boring-er.....like Catching Fire wasn't as "Wow!" as Hunger Games...and I was like "Oh, maybe Mockingjay will be better...?" But sadly, no..:<

BATTLE ROYALE >>>> Hunger Games, just sayin~ :P

I agree, Mockingjay was boring. I love the Hunger Games, and I loved Catching Fire even more, so I expected the seties to end with a bang, but no! It was full of military stuff that I'm not really interested in, and it was kind of hard to picture the scenes in my head. And I had to take some time to adjust to the new characters.

Rating: 3.5/5

the military stuff was rlly so boring... and there were so many new characters as well as so many characters that get killed off in the end... lol it made me angry xD

I agree that it could have been better. I think you guys found it a bit slow and boring because there's not much action going on in the book XD (Katniss probably felt bored too since she wasn't allowed to fight in the early parts). I don't think that each book got worse in quality. I think that Katniss just became more mature (and insane) in each book.

I also expected that Mockingjay would be action-packed and that it would be far more thrilling and exciting (just like Nara, I expected something BIG since it was the finale). I wasn't disappointed when I found out it wasn't, though. The final book revolves mainly on war and revolution, the final Hunger Games that had Panem as its arena. War isn't supposed to be enjoyable. Sure, it could be thrilling and exciting for some, but it also brings a lot of misery and ruins people. Basically, Mockingjay tells us about the real Hunger Games going on in Panem, which is not so enjoyable or thrilling or exciting unlike the Hunger Games people are used to. So it's not that surprising to know that a lot of people did not enjoy Mockingjay. Hahaha XD

I found Catching Fire most exciting and Mockingjay most interesting. Mockingjay conveyed much more meaning compared to the first two books in my opinion, which is why I found it interesting. It's also interesting to see the dystopian world of the trilogy through the eyes of a girl who gets crazier and more mature as the series progresses. 

I also wasn't fond of the fact that a lot of characters died. I guess the deaths of some of the characters were inevitable (since it was a war), but it  took a while for me to get over their deaths. I really did not want Finnick to die okay??? Suzanne Collins ended up killing (or effing up) all of my favorite characters in the series </3

I'll probably read the new Dork Diaries book before I read Battle Royale. After that maybe I'll read Eleanor and Park before I start reading A Song of Ice and Fire. 

I agree that it could have been better. I think you guys found it a bit slow and boring because there's not much action going on in the book XD (Katniss probably felt bored too since she wasn't allowed to fight in the early parts). I don't think that each book got worse in quality. I think that Katniss just became more mature (and insane) in each book.

I also expected that Mockingjay would be action-packed and that it would be far more thrilling and exciting (just like Nara, I expected something BIG since it was the finale). I wasn't disappointed when I found out it wasn't, though. The final book revolves mainly on war and revolution, the final Hunger Games that had Panem as its arena. War isn't supposed to be enjoyable. Sure, it could be thrilling and exciting for some, but it also brings a lot of misery and ruins people. Basically, Mockingjay tells us about the real Hunger Games going on in Panem, which is not so enjoyable or thrilling or exciting unlike the Hunger Games people are used to. So it's not that surprising to know that a lot of people did not enjoy Mockingjay. Hahaha XD

I found Catching Fire most exciting and Mockingjay most interesting. Mockingjay conveyed much more meaning compared to the first two books in my opinion, which is why I found it interesting. It's also interesting to see the dystopian world of the trilogy through the eyes of a girl who gets crazier and more mature as the series progresses. 

I also wasn't fond of the fact that a lot of characters died. I guess the deaths of some of the characters were inevitable (since it was a war), but it  took a while for me to get over their deaths. I really did not want Finnick to die okay??? Suzanne Collins ended up killing (or effing up) all of my favorite characters in the series </3

I'll probably read the new Dork Diaries book before I read Battle Royale. After that maybe I'll read Eleanor and Park before I start reading A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Even though I didn't really enjoy mockingjay, I do agree that it did have more meaning as the Games sort of became a reality for the whole country of Panem itself. Unlike you, however, I guess I didn't like how Katniss changed over the course of the series because of her "insanity" and desperation. I could see that she was maturing as she was becoming somewhat crazy, but at the same time, I felt like she was becoming weaker and not like at all like the Katniss who volunteered as a tribute to save her sister.

Finished The Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men, and The Lord of the Flies in the last three days... my brain is about to explode from all the messages and symbolism...

Huh, let's see, I'm reading a bunch of "How-to" books on college essays and apps.  Some of them are solid pieces of writing, and I'm actually not being sarcastic.

Ah, looks like I broke in during a Hunger Games convo...

Tried to read The Clash of Civilizations but the tiny print and the fact that I have to read it many times to fully grasp it is frustrating. :/

I read the following books, most of them were recommended to me by a friend;

- The Hunger Games (all three and its epic, I would recommend it to anyone)

- Witch and Wizard (all four books, the fifth comes out later)

- Harry Potter (1→7) (its amazing and fun)

- A study in scarlet (first first sherlock holmes book)

- the adventures of sherlock holmes (not all but I'm currently reading it)

- the maze runner (currently reading it too, the first book. Its so exciting. )

My freind recommended Life of Pie to me too , but I still didn't read it

Life of Pi is pretty good! Although some details might become too... but I won't spoil it for you :)

I read Thirteen Reasons Why... so sad... :(

No no I hate spoilers :'( and I hate spoiling things for people

ok ok no worries i shall not spoil the book for you :) it's a good book -- read it and tell me what you thought!

I also read The Pull of the Ocean... 

"Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen

^The first 2/3rds are rather slow, but the last bits are nice.  Two characters in this book I hate with a vengeance though, so I wasn't particularly looking forward to opening it back up whenever I had stopped in fear of seeing their names in print.

"The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood

^Now this book was fascinating.  Almost finished it in one sitting.  Really enjoyed it.  (No major spoiler below, but adding the tags anyway.)

Atwood, you sly dog, ending a book like that.  Dammit, she got me so good I was grinning at my own foolishness for not predicting the conclusion.

Woohoo, summer reading is finished and school is Wednesday...

UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn

I'm also currently reading The Maze Runner and it's amazing <3

I want to read The Maze Runner so badly ㅠㅠ sighs

This is not a book, but read Yellow Face from the Complete Novels and Stories of Sherlock Holmes :)

UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn

I'm also currently reading The Maze Runner and it's amazing <3

Its amazing right ♥ I am also reading it (as I mentioned before)

I want to read The Maze Runner so badly ㅠㅠ sighs

This is not a book, but read Yellow Face from the Complete Novels and Stories of Sherlock Holmes :)

You must read it, I recommend it to you, though im still at the beginning but its really good

Its amazing right ♥ I am also reading it (as I mentioned before)

You must read it, I recommend it to you, though im still at the beginning but its really good

I shall read it as soon as I can!!!!!!!!!!

Reading 1984 by George Orwell again...

"The Naturals" by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is one of them. It's a mystery book. It's very good. It's about a girl who is born with a unique gift to classify people just by looking at them, with just the tiniest details. She gets sent to join the FBI, and soon has a mystery of her own to solve once she thinks that the killer is the person who killed her mother.

Anyways, it's really good, and the identity of the culprit is quite unexpected. I loved every page of it. :)