Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Going from the book I mentioned last time, Problems with Death, I'm on the death penalty debate section. It's nice and all, but it annoys that, from a quick scan-over, it seems to not have covered the economical debate for incarceration. I'm disappointed.

I'm reading Cardinal Offense: A Father Dowling Mystery by Ralph McInerny, and Confessions of a murder suspect by James Patterson. I'm mostly concentrated on reading the second one I mentioned first, but I do love Father Dowling Mysteries, and Ralph Mc Inerny, so I can't help but to take a quick sneak peak at a few pages and read it. :P I'm only on the second chapter, and already I can feel  the excitement. 

I have both Treasure Island and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on my kindle and I plan on starting one of them before I go to bed later

Holy geezus, I hated Treasure Island with a passion.

I don't understand what could possibly make you want to read that.

Holy geezus, I hated Treasure Island with a passion.

I don't understand what could possibly make you want to read that.

...what didn't you like you about it? o_o I don't want to read it for any particular reason, it was free for kindle so I just downloaded it a couple months ago and didn't get bored enough until last night to have any interest in it

...what didn't you like you about it? o_o I don't want to read it for any particular reason, it was free for kindle so I just downloaded it a couple months ago and didn't get bored enough until last night to have any interest in it

I despised every chapter, page, sentence, even down to the word.

It took me two weeks to finish the dreaded thing and it was a complete waste of my time. 

I gained nothing out of it and I felt like I had the life sucked out of me.

Not only was it poorly written, but the plot, the motives, the characters, gahhhhhhhh.

It was awful, just awful.

I'm reading A big book of Locked Room mysteries by various authors. I've read a few stories already, and they're really good. I'm not going to read all of the stories unfortunately, since the book is very time consuming, but I am reading select stories. The Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Stephen King are very interesting.

And I'm also currently reading A study in scarlet. As soon as I opened up the book, and started reading the first chapter, I was immediately hooked. I love the character's personalities, and the case is really interesting. Now I see why Shinichi fanboys over this. :P It's very good, I can't wait to read the Hound of the Baskervilles next.

I'm planning on getting a copy of Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. To anyone who's read it, is it good?

Tristan and Iseult!!

The authors of the history is unknown, it is known that only was recounted by many, many times. I read the story retold by Brazilian Helena Gomes, the book is wonderful tells the story of an impossible love, sincere, naive and innocent. Follow the path of Tristan and Isolde is really very good, Helena Gomes told the tragic story of this couple in love in a masterly manner. In the book, the author herself says in many versions, the characters are inconsistent in the various chapters. This does not happen in this version: Tristan is always the same courageous warrior, but that is shy in many times and that carries with it many questions and Isolde is a woman of good heart and strong convictions. The book has been retold many times, back ace oral narratives of the Celtic peoples, took center stage on reading in the twelfth century, written in poetry form. The author says that usually consider that the origin of the novel is a Celtic legend, Diarmaid and Grainne, on the passion of a young warrior by the daughter of the Irish king's lodging, is a classic book of the Middle Ages. demonstrating the forbidden passion experienced by two lovers.Many authors portray the story differently, based on what they heard, what makes the story that loses is therefore not known whether there really.