Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

All I know is that there's a... Kayak. I think someone of some importance dies. And I think it had to do with a town? O.o

Meh, that probably did nothing to jump-start your memory.

I only vaguely recall something of a twist ending, but that's honestly about it.  

welp, I just finished The Great Gatsby.

It wasn't a bad book since the Fitzgerald obviously put a lot of effort into the symbolism and did a good job portraying the American dream.

It just didn't appeal to me and I almost feel stupid for not understanding why people like this book so much.

Well, I did read a story from my English literature book "To Build a Fire" by Jack London. I was really into it. 

I remember the first Jack London book I read was "White Fang", back in my middle school days. I loved it soo much. I also recall reading "Call of the wild". Novels that are involved with animals always seem to interest me.

I finished the Giver a few days ago. I will never look at "2 hour early release" in the same way again.

Well, I did read a story from my English literature book "To Build a Fire" by Jack London. I was really into it. 

I remember the first Jack London book I read was "White Fang", back in my middle school days. I loved it soo much. I also recall reading "Call of the wild". Novels that are involved with animals always seem to interest me.

Jack London is amazing. In 5th Grade, we had to read "Call of the Wild" for Literature Circles, and I actually enjoyed it.

welp, I just finished The Great Gatsby.

It wasn't a bad book since the Fitzgerald obviously put a lot of effort into the symbolism and did a good job portraying the American dream.

It just didn't appeal to me and I almost feel stupid for not understanding why people like this book so much.

Same, which is why I didn't even bother to check out the recent movie.

I finished the Giver a few days ago. I will never look at "2 hour early release" in the same way again.

Jack London is amazing. In 5th Grade, we had to read "Call of the Wild" for Literature Circles, and I actually enjoyed it.

Same, which is why I didn't even bother to check out the recent movie.

O.O Such a coincidence :o I'm about to read The Great Gatsby too ^^

Ah, if I were in my home country, I would study Call of the Wild in Feb :)

Reading Divergent right now... its definitely amazing, I am not even halfway through it yet!

*claps* Great read! I didn't like the end though.

I finished Divergent now I am reading insurgent, its really amazing and I definitely heard your comment about it alot before :|

Divergent was amazing, Insurgent was so-so, and Allegiance was the only one you really had to read but also the one that blew it for me :/

Problems with Death

It's a nonfiction book that shows opposing viewpoints in topics such as abortion, suicide, euthanasia, and capital punishment, debating whether or not they're ethical, and if they should be supported or banned by law. It's the first nonfiction I've read and liked in a really long time.

Heart of Darkness

Just joking, this book is terrible.  I know I shouldn't be judging only 16 or so pages in, but you'll know what I mean when you start reading it.

Heart of Darkness

Just joking, this book is terrible. I know I shouldn't be judging only 16 or so pages in, but you'll know what I mean when you start reading it.

Had to read that in HS. Not a fan at all.

Well, I've re-read The Naturals, and started reading the second book in the series "Killer Instinct". I'm glad I decided to re-read the first book, since I would've never discovered the second book sitting on the shelf.  :P

I know I previously said "Heart of Darkness" was terrible, but I had spoken too soon.

The first third was a mess of exposition, but the middle part was awesome and the ending was decent, too.  Overall not bad, but the beginning nearly ruined it for me.  Wouldn't recommend it, but I've read worse *ahem* A Farewell to Arms *ahem*.

I know I previously said "Heart of Darkness" was terrible, but I had spoken too soon.

The first third was a mess of exposition, but the middle part was awesome and the ending was decent, too.  Overall not bad, but the beginning nearly ruined it for me.  Wouldn't recommend it, but I've read worse *ahem* A Farewell to Arms *ahem*.

Racism in that book that I'm not a fan of.