Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

After Dark - Haruki Murakami

He's definitely my favorite author now.

Aaah! I saw that in a book store but it disappeared when I went to get money to buy it! >__< (Granted I was just buying cos the author was Japanese) :P

Yes, yes, indeed! I'm reading a book called Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything! Can you imagine it? A better memory!

I'd love a copy of that book. Where'd you get it?

I've been trying to finish Mockingjay.

I'd love a copy of that book. Where'd you get it?

I've been trying to finish Mockingjay.

I bought it. I don't remember the shop's name, though I had to order the book first, because they didn't have the English version. Cost me about... 160 DKK, I think?

@KtPT- GOSH I LOVE THAT BOOK yet the loci method doesn't work for me :(

@Rye- do finish it. I swear.

"Matilda" by Roald Dahl for a book report.

Ah! Awesome! When I've finished the book, I'll definitely try out all the methods! and master them

@KtPT- GOSH I LOVE THAT BOOK yet the loci method doesn't work for me :(

@Rye- do finish it. I swear.

"Matilda" by Roald Dahl for a book report.

Where did you buy your copy of the book, Nara? :D I'd love to buy it...

I stopped reading when classes started. I'm halfway through the book already. I really really want to finish it~~ It's so awesome.

Oh, I loved the movie. One of my classmates used that for her book report back when we were in first year. It was cool.

I bought it. I don't remember the shop's name, though I had to order the book first, because they didn't have the English version. Cost me about... 160 DKK, I think?

Ah! Awesome! When I've finished the book, I'll definitely try out all the methods! and master them

I see. Thanks!

"Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens 

^This masterpiece needs an anime adaptation!  Or at least a new movie, because it's better than Les Miserables in my opinion.

"The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

^Teared up and I'm not sure why.  I'll take my English teacher's advice and read this multiple times over the course of my life. 

The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy)

- Great book, 1st book of trilogy

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (fantasy)

-Again great book, 1st book of trilogy

Samurai! by Saburō Sakai (autobiography)

Awesome book. In fact I have only read 1/3 of it. True story about WW 2 naval aviator. Read this is you just can get it.

The last book I read was "The List" by Siobhan Vivian. It's was pretty good, I guess. It's about school life so it's not fantasy or action-packed.

^whoopsy there.

Still Sophie's World.

Whyyyy must you be spirits, Sophie and Alberto? What happens to Hilde and Albert Knag? WHAT HAPPENS TO SOPHIE AND ALBERTO?!

Something quite off-topic (in spoilers)

We have an assignment about a book that affected you. This is a hard one. Experience has been the ones that changed me. Books are there to calm me down, console me, etc. Series aren't applicable (That makes it hard. Most of the books I've read are parts of series). And worst of all: manga isn't allowed! Well, they're technically not the books we know, but still! T_T. Several stuff I'm considering are Sophie's World (because it's awesome), an A-Ba-Ka-Da book (A-Ba-Ka-Da-Filipino alphabet. Reason: It started my reading career) and a book about a girl losing her grandmother to stroke (my grandmother has cancer, so this book is pretty emotional to me, especially because my grandmother hasn't passed away yet). Ughhhh, I don't know anymore.

Shine - Lauren Myracle

Amazing book, amazing mystery, plot twists, and characterization. <3

Insignia - J.S. Kincaid

Veeery cool concept about the futuristic world *~*

I finished Mockingjay yesterday and I enjoyed it. A lot. Seriously, that book has a lot of twists and surprises to offer, and it's really cool. I think that the ending hangs a bit, but I really don't have anything against what happened in the end (unlike some teenagers I was able to encounter on the web). 

I finished Mockingjay yesterday and I enjoyed it. A lot. Seriously, that book has a lot of twists and surprises to offer, and it's really cool. I think that the ending hangs a bit, but I really don't have anything against what happened in the end (unlike some teenagers I was able to encounter on the web). 

Eh, I dunno...Mockingjay wasn't BAD, but I honestly thought it could've been better, especially when it's the last book, and she's already shown her readers how good she can write with Hunger Games. I personally just thought it was really slow and a little boring in some parts.....I don't know...now that I think about it, there were stuff going on (like pretty big stuff) but maybe it was the way she described it or wrote it that I just found really slooowww....:/ I'm sorry for saying such things >< I usually don't, but I just thought that Mockingjay could've been a much more exciting and thrilling book and actually live up to its potential that the other two built. >_<

Eh, I dunno...Mockingjay wasn't BAD, but I honestly thought it could've been better, especially when it's the last book, and she's already shown her readers how good she can write with Hunger Games. I personally just thought it was really slow and a little boring in some parts.....I don't know...now that I think about it, there were stuff going on (like pretty big stuff) but maybe it was the way she described it or wrote it that I just found really slooowww....:/ I'm sorry for saying such things >< I usually don't, but I just thought that Mockingjay could've been a much more exciting and thrilling book and actually live up to its potential that the other two built. >_<

i agree with you so much about Mockingjay.... it was boring at parts and i felt like it was a disappointing ending to the trilogy that started off so well with Hunger Games :( but then again i guess i wasnt too excited about reading Mockingjay because i thought Catching Fire was boring... :P 

i've recently read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern... it has an awesome ending, i think :D

i agree with you so much about Mockingjay.... it was boring at parts and i felt like it was a disappointing ending to the trilogy that started off so well with Hunger Games :( but then again i guess i wasnt too excited about reading Mockingjay because i thought Catching Fire was boring... :P

i've recently read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern... it has an awesome ending, i think :D

Haha, yeah I feel ya...like I dunno, but I think each book just got a bit boring-er.....like Catching Fire wasn't as "Wow!" as Hunger Games...and I was like "Oh, maybe Mockingjay will be better...?" But sadly, no..:<

BATTLE ROYALE >>>> Hunger Games, just sayin~ :P

I agree, Mockingjay was boring. I love the Hunger Games, and I loved Catching Fire even more, so I expected the seties to end with a bang, but no! It was full of military stuff that I'm not really interested in, and it was kind of hard to picture the scenes in my head. And I had to take some time to adjust to the new characters.

Rating: 3.5/5