Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Fahrenheit 451

great book so far.

I know, right?

I can't believe there's people that want to ban it, for various reasons like burning the Bible (don't know where that came from), language (...seriously?), and just being damn boring (...f**k you guys). Ironic, isn't it?

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but the Skulduggery Pleasant series is amazing :lol:

Also, after seeing the recent film I decided to read Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, so far it's pretty good, though it's set in Britain a while after WW2 so ... that may be a bit off putting to some :/

The Graveyard Book is quite good too, though not as exciting IMO as some others I've read

I know, right?

I can't believe there's people that want to ban it, for various reasons like burning the Bible (don't know where that came from), language (...seriously?), and just being damn boring (...f**k you guys). Ironic, isn't it?

Who in their right mind would ban it? I just finished it and it's an amazing book. It, unlike so many books these days, actually makes you think.

I'm looking forward to reading:

-The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan (I read The Red Pyramid a few months ago and I thought it was quite good)

-Skulduggery Pleasant The Faceless Ones (One of my friends recommended it to me)

-A few Chinese books I bought somt time ago

But only after the exams are finished :(

@yungching: Skuldugggery Pleasant is brilliant, the first one starts off with a fantasy genre, which it retains throughout the series, though it sometimes dips into slight horror and action-y stuff, plus the way some of the characters interact is hilarious.

I've been meaning to read that Rick Riordan one too, but I've not yet got round to it, his books are normally pretty good, though I sometimes dislike the way it's told (the entire 1st person with loads of opinions and stuff...). I really need to get hold of it sometime... :lol:

@yungching: Skuldugggery Pleasant is brilliant, the first one starts off with a fantasy genre, which it retains throughout the series, though it sometimes dips into slight horror and action-y stuff, plus the way some of the characters interact is hilarious.

I've been meaning to read that Rick Riordan one too, but I've not yet got round to it, his books are normally pretty good, though I sometimes dislike the way it's told (the entire 1st person with loads of opinions and stuff...). I really need to get hold of it sometime... :lol:

Ok, now I really look forward to reading it :) I finished reading the 10 first The 39 Clues books two weeks ago. I took me about 10 days, because of my homework :mellow:

I recently read the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, and I'm currently reading through the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I've read other books too, but I tend to forget what they are -_-

Fire World...

The sequel to Dark Fire...

I want to read that but the library doesn't have it ;___;

I recently read the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, and I'm currently reading through the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I've read other books too, but I tend to forget what they are -_-

I want to read that but the library doesn't have it ;___;

I've read these books a few years back. Artemis Fowl is OK. The codes made me think before I knew there was an available key somewhere. Haha. The second book, if I remember correctly, is about autism. My tutor lent it to me because she wanted me to know how they think/feel. Maximum Ride's all about saving Mother Earth (again, if I remember correctly). I stopped reading the series after Fang because I found it a bit dragging. Overall, they're really good books.

I had just finished The Memory of Running written by Ron McLarty...

uhm..I just finished it for 3days though I didn't get the flow of the story...

but its good to know that one is motivated to go back in the right track where he once been... :D