Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

I tried reading Vampire Acadamy, I can honestly say I don't like it. It's not Rose's fault, but more like the way the writer writes doesn't agree with me. It just didn't captivate me and I felt like I had to force myself to read it. And every line I read, I keep thinking, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight...

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling to prepare for the MIDNIGHT PRIEMERE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Hmm, how many HP books have you read?! Also.. You don't like Twilight?

was it good??? i wanna read it too~

It was great, i solved the case of course, but the way Holmes solved the first crime blew me away. Also his Deductive reasoning theory and handshake that he can deduce peoples professions is absolutely amazing. A great book indeed

It was great, i solved the case of course, but the way Holmes solved the first crime blew me away. Also his Deductive reasoning theory and handshake that he can deduce peoples professions is absolutely amazing. A great book indeed

Man, I should read it sometime!! :grin: Sounds great! ;)

Hmm, how many HP books have you read?! Also.. You don't like Twilight?

I've read all of them! :) And, I guess I don't like Twilight... when I first read it, I loved it and finished the series in two weeks. But that was before Harry Potter came up... and that same day I began reading HP I learned what "good writing" was.

Still reading HP7... on the chapter where Harry gets caught by the Death Eaters.

I've read all of them! :) And, I guess I don't like Twilight... when I first read it, I loved it and finished the series in two weeks. But that was before Harry Potter came up... and that same day I began reading HP I learned what "good writing" was.

Still reading HP7... on the chapter where Harry gets caught by the Death Eaters.

Hehe, okay!! :D I've read all the Harry Potter books too!! ^_^ And that is why I think the movies suck! <_< Especially the fifth.. But anyway, the first part of movie seven was okay!! :) And I just hope the second part will be at least just as good!!! :D Though I did see a few parts in the trailer that ain't in the book... <_<

Anyway, I haven't read Twilight before, though I've heard that a lot of people hate it. :mellow: When I saw the first and second movie, I just thought they were okay... :/ And I really don't understand why so many hate it... ^_^''

Hehe, okay!! :D I've read all the Harry Potter books too!! ^_^ And that is why I think the movies suck! <_< Especially the fifth.. But anyway, the first part of movie seven was okay!! :) And I just hope the second part will be at least just as good!!! :D Though I did see a few parts in the trailer that ain't in the book... <_<

Anyway, I haven't read Twilight before, though I've heard that a lot of people hate it. :mellow: When I saw the first and second movie, I just thought they were okay... :/ And I really don't understand why so many hate it... ^_^''

OMG, I HATED movie 5!!!! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees, all of my other Potter geek-friends say it was good. I saw the movie before I read the book, and I hated it. I saw it again after I read the book, and I still hated it.

I've only seen the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7½th in full. I never bothered with the 3rd or 4th, but I do want to see those. I thought most of them (besides the fifth) were good. Never as good as the book though.

Come to think of it, it was during Breaking Dawn when I reliazed the whole Twilight Saga was a load of BS [sorry, Team Twilighters!] Like Bella protecting everyone with a phsyological shield? What!?!? :shock:

OMG, I HATED movie 5!!!! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees, all of my other Potter geek-friends say it was good. I saw the movie before I read the book, and I hated it. I saw it again after I read the book, and I still hated it.

I've only seen the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7½th in full. I never bothered with the 3rd or 4th, but I do want to see those. I thought most of them (besides the fifth) were good. Never as good as the book though.

Come to think of it, it was during Breaking Dawn when I reliazed the whole Twilight Saga was a load of BS [sorry, Team Twilighters!] Like Bella protecting everyone with a phsyological shield? What!?!? :shock:

Yeah, I HATED the fifth movie too... ^_^'' :P Well, that one was just.. It was just too different from the book.. <_< I mean, it's like a whole different Harry Potter five!!! DX Anyway, I have watched all the movies, and I liked the third most.. Though I really don't know why.. But I think that the first part of movie seven was okay.. :) Or.. Well, it was good!! :D Anyway, I'm gonna watch the last part of the seventh movie, and see if it's just as disappointing as the others... =___=

I've read one story from Edgar Allan Poe, one where the narrator kills someone. I don't think I enjoyed it that much...

^ The Tell-Tale Heart.

The Hunger Games. All three must be read together, but I think that the first is the best. I read the third book for one other reason...the reason that I started reading them in the first place.

Hmm... I've read HP before, but now I don't think it was executed as well as it could have been. I'm re-reading them and for some reason, there's no magic. Twilight's a good quick read, but the storyline is too shallow and too perfect. However, I liked the way it was told- good atmosphere. I like To Kill A Mockingbird. Very nice storyline that questions our beliefs and the rules we've set down. That's why I can't stand canon HP anymore. So much prejudice against Slytherins. It's three against one and no one will even give Slytherin a chance if they got down on their knees and begged...

Hmm... I've read HP before, but now I don't think it was executed as well as it could have been. I'm re-reading them and for some reason, there's no magic. Twilight's a good quick read, but the storyline is too shallow and too perfect. However, I liked the way it was told- good atmosphere. I like To Kill A Mockingbird. Very nice storyline that questions our beliefs and the rules we've set down. That's why I can't stand canon HP anymore. So much prejudice against Slytherins. It's three against one and no one will even give Slytherin a chance if they got down on their knees and begged...

Well I THINK it MIGHT have a little something to do with the fact that all Slytherins support Voldemort :P

If you like reading about history and some science, read (preferably in this order): Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol (all by Dan Brown). His other book, Digital Fortress, is unrelated to those 3 but is also pretty good. Then there's The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks and Dear John by Nicholas Sparks :3 Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult is also pretty good, but not as good as Handle With Care and My Sister's Keeper and The Pact xD

I liked the first one the most. I hated Mockingjay to the point where I didn't even bother to finish it.

I didn't hate it but it got so confusing and didn't make sense. Here is my reaction:

*reads Mockingjay and stops halfway through*

Me: Wait, wait, her sister died? When? Where? How? Huh?

*continues reading*

Me: So...he got killed? Explanation please?

*continues*

Me: And it was his fault because...?

*continues*

Me: And she got away with that...how?

*finishes*

Me: ...I don't get it at all.

dont really read

but does the SsAT book count

but its not good

Lol. I've read that one. Dull.

I need to read To Kill a Mockingbird...but everytime I pick it up the vey first page just dissuaded me from continuing. And not all Slytherins are horrible...ugh. I don't hate or like Twilight.

Well I THINK it MIGHT have a little something to do with the fact that all Slytherins support Voldemort :P

*points at Snape*

Well, who says they really do? I'd be willing to bet half of them don't and act like it either under the pressure of their peers, parents, or both. Draco's life was ruined once Voldemort came back and despite how he acted I honestly believe he wasn't truly on Voldemort's side. You know that time with the fiendfyre? I reread it and he didn't fire a single spell. Not one. So I think he's a good guy. (and I shall support DraMione 4ever... <- DraMione= Only reason I still like HP, even if it only exists in the fan world. :P I'm Slytherin, a Draco fan and proud of it! ;D)