Detective Conan World
dreznovk

Japan survey on favorite characters

Maybe Agasa has dual personality (overused plot device number 12449)

Where's Satou and Takagi D8?

If he was, Ai should have notice it, she live with him.

There's an actual list for overused plot device ? And more than 10000 ?

You just spoke my mind, i tend to avoid reading Kid case, the Kid in Magic Kaito is better than DC. Hakuba should stay in his own manga, i had enough arrogant characters in DC already

There's no such thing as too many arrogant guys! They're all awesome! Hakuba and Kaito should appear more! After all, Magic Kaito is never published. KAITO AND HAKUBA ARE PLAIN OLD AWESOME. ESPECIALLY KAITO.

Well Kaito has tons of fans from DC, so you can't say he isn't interesting. He's the coolest Phantom Thief ever! (and the only crook that Conan has had the ability to catch and didn't. Do I sense KaiShin?) And Hakuba has a hawk, is British, and looks so cool! His connection with Kaito is so interesting, friend or rival, enemy or helper? It's awesome. I want to see character interactions with the these two more! I want to see more MK crossovers! *starts acting like Renge from OHSHC*

It's not surprising that the top 3 are Conan/Shinchi and Kid. But for Heiji to beat Ai, i can't believe it !! I don't expect him has that much of fans.

Ha ha ha... don't underestimate the power of Boys Love! Especially in Japan ..... T___T

My list of favorites:

1: Sato Miwako

2: Takagi Wataru

3: Haibara Ai

4: Kuroba Kaito/Kaitou Kid

5: Kisaki Eri

6: Nakamori Aoko

7: Matsuda Jinpei

8: Sera

9: Uehara Yui

10: Hattori Heiji

Runner ups: Kazuha, Chiba, Yumi, Kobayashi-sensei, the kids, Agasa and Sonoko

*sings and dances* THEY BETTER INCLUDE HAIBARA since she beat freaking Ran on that!! If they leave her out, I'll be ticked. The second live action was only good because it was a total AU thing with Haibara turning into Shiho and it was awesome to watch despite the semi-bad acting. :D

They should include the top 5 characters as the main deal.

Hahaha!!! Kaitou Kid is 2nd

How come Heiji beat AI???

Anyway here is my list:

1.) Kaitou Kid

2.) Conan and Shinichi(Tie since they are the same for me)

3.) Ai

4.) Akai

5.) Heiji

6.) Kogoro (funny)

7.) Sera

8.) Sato

9.) Takagi

10.) Kazuha

My list:

1. Kazuha

2. Heiji

3. Ayumi

4. Mitsuhiko

5. Aoko

7. Kaito

8. Yukiko

9. Sato

10. Koboyashi-sensi (sp?)

Why no Ai? Stoic characters are overused and they annoy me. Everybody gives them way too much attention. There are millions and MILLIONS of girls out there like her. Yuki Nagato, Zakuro Fujiwara- and their fans always act like that character does not get enough attention. It's just... blasphemy.

Why no Ran? Look, the chick gets way too much attention for NOTHING. She's not special in anything besides karate and people treat her like god. And she has that god awful horn on her head that makes me suspicious of her gender...

Why no Shinichi? He's a pessimistic, arrogant, irritable jerk who needs to learn how to treat another human being with respect no matter WHAT the age.

Why no Conan? Same reason as Shinichi.

Why no Hakuba? Ehhh he's just not that interesting to me. He's alright. He'd probably be a runner up. XD

My list:

1. Kazuha

2. Heiji

3. Ayumi

4. Mitsuhiko

5. Aoko

7. Kaito

8. Yukiko

9. Sato

10. Koboyashi-sensi (sp?)

Why no Ai? Stoic characters are overused and they annoy me. Everybody gives them way too much attention. There are millions and MILLIONS of girls out there like her. Yuki Nagato, Zakuro Fujiwara- and their fans always act like that character does not get enough attention. It's just... blasphemy.

Why no Ran? Look, the chick gets way too much attention for NOTHING. She's not special in anything besides karate and people treat her like god. And she has that god awful horn on her head that makes me suspicious of her gender...

Why no Shinichi? He's a pessimistic, arrogant, irritable jerk who needs to learn how to treat another human being with respect no matter WHAT the age.

Why no Conan? Same reason as Shinichi.

Why no Hakuba? Ehhh he's just not that interesting to me. He's alright. He'd probably be a runner up. XD

And what? Girls like Kazuha aren't?

BST pairings are one of the BIGGEST, overused, and easy to spot cliches in writing. And they're NOT just in anime, but everywhere. There are millions and millions of girls with Kazuha's personality type out there too who get just as much attention as the stoic types. And they get on MY nerves. You're pulling a double standard. :-|

Also, you're correct. There is nothing special about Ran. But, THAT is what I like about her. She's just an ordinary high school student innocently mixed up in something that's a little weird and unknown to her; the teenage boy she loves is once again a little kid.

She's strong, not just in karate, but in character. Besides being kind, practical, and loyal, she retains her sensitivity despite so much exposure to violent death and is capable of expertly aiding Kogoro and Conan in solving cases. Basically, she's tough, yet sensitive, strong, sensible, and very human. THAT'S why I adore her character and give her my attention. It is NOT for NOTHING.

That would be the equivalent of me thinking you're giving a character you like such as Ayumi or Kazuha, too much attention for NOTHING. Which is absurd because I am sure and respect that you have your reasons for liking their characters as I have for liking Ran's character.

Besides that, people always have a reason for feeling the way they do towards things. Even if they don't always know what that reason is. Humans don't feel for no reason at all.

Also, I'm afraid you're going to have to explain to me how the horn on Ran's head makes her appear androgynous, because I don't understand how that works at all. :huh:

And you know what, while we're on that topic... So Ran's hairstyle changed? Okay... Aoyama's art style evolved and he decided he preferred drawing her hair that way. Whoop-de-doo. Takahashi did the SAME THING with Kagome's hair. Only it was to a much lesser degree because her art style barely developed at all over the course of 20 volumes. <_< This is just a natural progression of all artists.

Anyway, since I don't wish to derail this topic any further, I'm getting back on track...

I find it kinda funny Yukiko's in your list. Where do you think Shinichi got his arrogance from? lol It wasn't Yusaku, I can tell you that much. All he got from him was really bad social skills and an enormous intellect. XD

Is it weird that I find it absolutely hilarious Conan is more popular than Shinichi? I feel kinda bad for the guy now, haha.

• Upvote 1

This is my own "Top 10", it may be changed slightly in the future. I know it's weird, so deal with it! :V

1. Vermouth

2. Toichi

3. Amuro

4. Akemi

5. Heiji

6. Makoto

7. Kogoro

9. Kazuha

10. Eri

11-20:

11. Sato

12. Gin

13. Akai

14. Mitsuhiko

15. Conan/Shinichi

16. James Black

17. Agasa

18. Yusaku

19. Megure

20. Jodie

And what? Girls like Kazuha aren't?

BST pairings are one of the BIGGEST, overused, and easy to spot cliches in writing. And they're NOT just in anime, but everywhere. There are millions and millions of girls with Kazuha's personality type out there too who get just as much attention as the stoic types. And they get on MY nerves. You're pulling a double standard. :-|

Also, you're correct. There is nothing special about Ran. But, THAT is what I like about her. She's just an ordinary high school student innocently mixed up in something that's a little weird and unknown to her; the teenage boy she loves is once again a little kid.

She's strong, not just in karate, but in character. Besides being kind, practical, and loyal, she retains her sensitivity despite so much exposure to violent death and is capable of expertly aiding Kogoro and Conan in solving cases. Basically, she's tough, yet sensitive, strong, sensible, and very human. THAT'S why I adore her character and give her my attention. It is NOT for NOTHING.

That would be the equivalent of me thinking you're giving a character you like such as Ayumi or Kazuha, too much attention for NOTHING. Which is absurd because I am sure and respect that you have your reasons for liking their characters as I have for liking Ran's character.

Besides that, people always have a reason for feeling the way they do towards things. Even if they don't always know what that reason is. Humans don't feel for no reason at all.

Also, I'm afraid you're going to have to explain to me how the horn on Ran's head makes her appear androgynous, because I don't understand how that works at all. :huh:

And you know what, while we're on that topic... So Ran's hairstyle changed? Okay... Aoyama's art style evolved and he decided he preferred drawing her hair that way. Whoop-de-doo. Takahashi did the SAME THING with Kagome's hair. Only it was to a much lesser degree because her art style barely developed at all over the course of 20 volumes. <_< This is just a natural progression of all artists.

Anyway, since I don't wish to derail this topic any further, I'm getting back on track...

I find it kinda funny Yukiko's in your list. Where do you think Shinichi got his arrogance from? lol It wasn't Yusaku, I can tell you that much. All he got from him was really bad social skills and an enormous intellect. XD

Is it weird that I find it absolutely hilarious Conan is more popular than Shinichi? I feel kinda bad for the guy now, haha.

Okay. Then name them. :)

The only possible stereotype I could think of for Kazuha is tsundere and that does not really apply to her at all. XD That's the pairing- not Kazuha. So what if her romantic relationship is overused? That doesn't mean she is.

Ordinary? Really? I don't think so. XD Her best friend is the famous "Detective of the East" her mother is a lawyer who is living separately but still married to her father, who is an alcoholic and she herself is a black-belt that COMES from a family of black-belts. XD I don't think she's normal. She's just not special- she's not as much of a god as everybody makes her out to be is what I was saying. XD

She is not that strong at all, actually. There are wives every day that have to constantly live without their husbands at home with them going on business trips constantly who don't shed a tear even if they're dying on the inside with them being gone. THAT is STRONG. XD Ran isn't even married to the guy- let ALONE dating him. XD And sure he's been gone a long LONG time to us because the series has been on for so long, but to her he's only been gone... a couple of months? Maybe three? And how many times has she cried? She's not very strong at all, to me. It is very very easy to continue being sensitive. It's harder... much MUCH harder to keep yourself from crying until you absolutely need to.

Ayumi is an adorable little girl who has a lot of loyalty to boy at such a young age who has courage to face what millions of other kids would develop nightmares from seeing. She stands by Conan even when he doesn't give her attention- even when he's a jerk. And she still has that loving adorable nature that makes her all the cuter. Kazuha is a strong-willed woman on the outside who breaks down once you get closer to her (which is why I said possibly tsundere) but she has a willful spirit and determination I think that a lot of tsunderes lack. Oh, and for it to be a true childhood friendship cheesy overdone shibang, they would have to live next door to each other, they would have to talk every night through their windows, they would have to have a little promise they made at childhood (the chains are not a promise. It is a safety net for Kazuha to make herself feel better about all of the other girls that he likes to look at, I'm sure. XD) they would have to be separated and reunited again years later or grew up and the girl kicks his butt out of bed every morning. ;)

Of course they do. A lot of the time people will like a character they think is like them. They will develop a liking for this character because it remind them of themselves. This way, whenever somebody disrespects or insults their favorite they will lash out in a violent rage. Thus, the fangirls of every anime/manga or book or cartoon ever made. :lol:

http://forum.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=5945.765 <--- That is the reason I think that. XD lol

I prefer the old hairstyle to the new one. The old one was much MUCH cuter and it would take away a little bit of my irritation with her. I prefer it when their hairstyle doesn't change mid-way through a series or at the very beginning. It's like having that one character who ran off to get some firewood and never came back. I liked both of Kagome's hairstyles. Neither were too crazy or annoying. Heaven knows why he put a freaking HORN on Ran's head! XD

Yukiko is on my list because she's funny, cute, and she's a fantastic driver. Shinichi could have also gotten his arrogance from solving so many cases and how much he accomplished, you know. ;)

And no, you're not the only one who finds it hilarious. I laughed my butt off for a good couple of minutes non-stop. XD

1) Heiji (shocked?)

2) Shinichi

3) Ran

4) Haibara

5) Takagi

6) Akai

7) Conan

8) Yukiko

9) Vermouth

10) Eri

Others: Sato, Kazuha, Sonoko, Mitsuhiko, Agasa

1. Haibara!!!

2. Heiji (Kansaiben is hot!!!!!)

3. Kaitou (I like him better in the original. Kaito x Aoko!)

4. Aoko (Well, i think she's the best among the trio.)

5. Shinichi (Well, he's the protagonist)

6. Ran (She's nothing special but I guess she's likeable enough)

7. Detective Boys (I find them funny)

8. Sera (She's funny too)

9. Vermouth (Doesn't need explanation)

10. Kazuha