Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

The first HD episode is episode 284: China Town Deja Vu in the Rain.

How do you get access to/watch the HD episodes (with subs)?

-Mod note, if you are going to answer this in this thread, do not link to streams or downloads, it's against site policy.

How do you get access to/watch the HD episodes (with subs)?

-Mod note, if you are going to answer this in this thread, do not link to streams or downloads, it's against site policy.

kissanime as well as pinoyanime often have HD episodes

however, you'll have to register for an account on kissanime if you want to download from there

Was "Nobody Gets Hurt" one of Kaitou Kid's moral lines? Or was it just fanon? They mentioned it in a podcast episode about how a lot of fanfics play off by it, but I don't remember ever seeing it in context...

Was "Nobody Gets Hurt" one of Kaitou Kid's moral lines? Or was it just fanon? They mentioned it in a podcast episode about how a lot of fanfics play off by it, but I don't remember ever seeing it in context...

I don't recall that being one of this lines.

It fits his character in that he never purposefully hurts anyone so I think it's implied.

...or am I interpreting your question wrong

• Upvote 1

I don't recall that being one of this lines.

It fits his character in that he never purposefully hurts anyone so I think it's implied.

...or am I interpreting your question wrong

Ah no, that's what I needed. The only reason I asked was because almost every Kaitou Kid fanfic had those exact words, so I didn't know if they were quoting stuff. And I think an episode including Kid using a taser on Conan, which would go against canon if it was that.

kissanime as well as pinoyanime often have HD episodes

however, you'll have to register for an account on kissanime if you want to download from there

I did check them out but its the same thing they don't have HD episodes 'till something like episode 600.

Do you know the name of the group if any that went through and did them?

I did check them out but its the same thing they don't have HD episodes 'till something like episode 600.

There may be, but I highly doubt it, considering how old Detective Conan is and the number of people who would be willing to spend so much time to make sure every episode is in HD. I mean, it's possible that someone picked up a Blu-Ray version when it came out, but by then, the fansubbers would be busy with translating newer episodes.

im saying that the 90s and early 00s will get their HD remastering at some point in 1080p or BR, just not any time soon

I know, but the way you said it was just... Eh nevermind.

Sub groups change frequently throughout the series. 

Sometimes their name appears on the screen the entire time.

PKtcq2j.png?1

Sometimes their name is near the logo during the opening.

kf6djuV.png?2

Sometimes their name appears when the gate opens.

aZ7AVi0.png?1

So there's no way for me to pinpoint the sub group for an episode without watching it most of the time.

Also, episode 284 was made back in 2002--when HD was practically nonexistent.

The only HD episodes of the older ones are going to be the remastered episodes. I'm not aware of anyone who subs those, so it's not likely that you're going to find them online.

I'm sure FUNimation might have some HD episodes, but if anything, they're going to be the dub version and won't be going past episode 130.

Sub groups change frequently throughout the series. 

Sometimes their name appears on the screen the entire time.

PKtcq2j.png?1

Sometimes their name is near the logo during the opening.

kf6djuV.png?2

Sometimes their name appears when the gate opens.

aZ7AVi0.png?1

So there's no way for me to pinpoint the sub group for an episode without watching it most of the time.

Also, episode 284 was made back in 2002--when HD was practically nonexistent.

The only HD episodes of the older ones are going to be the remastered episodes. I'm not aware of anyone who subs those, so it's not likely that you're going to find them online.

I'm sure FUNimation might have some HD episodes, but if anything, they're going to be the dub version and won't be going past episode 130.

I even tried buying some volumes of the anime and Funi just haven't made it available to the western audience I mean they dropped it all those years ago at some episode 100-something in the Dub. I don't really mind... its just a little more enjoyable watching it all in HD. Might just watch through to episode 600 or w/e where DCTP picked it up.

Baaro with the help of m-l subs remastered episodes and will keep on subbing them if nothing mayor happens

Is there any kind of consistency? I just looked through and its all completely random lol

Is there any kind of consistency? I just looked through and its all completely random lol

well, the new remastered episodes that get out during the season are  subbed in a few days

they revisit the older ones but you have to give them some time cause hey are a small group

and Baaro will release the movies from 1-6 in a better quality ( dont know if its HD, Br) but it will take time

if you know the site nyaa, go check out conan there

type in search what you are looking fore and it will give you a lot of stuff, also try kickass torrents

i have found great HD movies of 4,9,ect

it might be what you have been searching 

well, the new remastered episodes that get out during the season are  subbed in a few days

they revisit the older ones but you have to give them some time cause hey are a small group

and Baaro will release the movies from 1-6 in a better quality ( dont know if its HD, Br) but it will take time

if you know the site nyaa, go check out conan there

type in search what you are looking fore and it will give you a lot of stuff, also try kickass torrents

i have found great HD movies of 4,9,ect

it might be what you have been searching 

I've had a look around

To watch episodes from where I am (310ish) to current is a bit of a luck of the draw it seems.

Non HD episodes aren't really a problem, IMO. It shows the progression the anime has made throughout the years. Even the characters don't have the same features they once did in the earlier episodes. Maybe it's just me, idk.

Is it true new manga chapters aren't gonna be translated online because of copyright issues? Sorry, I know it's irrelevant but I really wanted to know :o

DCTP, the main manga translator for a long time, stopped a while ago due to Viz Media claiming copyright on it. Right now, you can go there's Souka Scans, a group made of some of the original DCTP members that decided to take over where DCTP left off. I can't link them to you because it'd be against site policies, but look around and you'll find them. If you want to read the entire series, there are several archives located in various places around the Internet. I recommend Batoto, but /r/OneTruthPrevails has a pretty good collection as well.

DCTP, the main manga translator for a long time, stopped a while ago due to Viz Media claiming copyright on it. Right now, you can go there's Souka Scans, a group made of some of the original DCTP members that decided to take over where DCTP left off. I can't link them to you because it'd be against site policies, but look around and you'll find them. If you want to read the entire series, there are several archives located in various places around the Internet. I recommend Batoto, but /r/OneTruthPrevails has a pretty good collection as well.

Skye is another good one.

Skye is another good one.

Ah, I never found her before! I still prefer Souka though. Japanese --> English is more accurate than Chinese --> English, since a lot of the Chinese scans aren't accurate enough to make the 2nd time translation accurate. I also like the fact that Batoto has the entire series. If I ever manage to catch up, I'd probably go to her though. I hear she's a lot faster in translating?