Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 10:10 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

in the recent Singapore interview, Gosho confirmed that...

Reveal hidden contents

Akemi and Shuichi are cousins.

Wow, I would love to read a translation of that interview!

7 hours ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

I read through the whole thing and didn't see any questions or answers about Akemi and Akai, or Elena and Mary, or anything even close to that. Where is it on there?

There's nothing about Elena and Mary.

And could you please put the Akemi and Shuichi part of your post in spoiler brackets?

https://www.facebook.com/DCTheRedThread/photos/a.1276136195771664.1073741920.508258949226063/1276134822438468/?type=3&theater

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

There's nothing about Elena and Mary.

Hide contents

And could you please put the Akemi and Shuichi part of your post in spoiler brackets?

If you knew it didn't have that, why did you post that link as a response to my comment about wishing to read the interview to which you had previously referred in which Aoyama-sensei confirmed what you mentioned? And the only mention of Akemi and Akai I had in my post was saying that I found no mention of them in the interview for which you had posted a link. How are their names spoilers? Or is the fact that they weren't mentioned in the interview the spoiler? The fact that the first interview does not have any questions or answers about Akai and Akemi reveals nothing about the anime or manga of Detective Conan, so there is no reason to put it in a spoiler box. The only time I did have anything that was a spoiler was several posts ago with the quote from you, in which the spoiler was in a box just as in your post I quoted.

Okay, that interview had the question and answer I was looking for. Thank you.

Okay, I have a question. (Apologies to anyone seeing this as a double post since I was the last to post here, but it's been quite a while since my previous post, and this one is entirely unrelated, so I'm posting anyways.) How long ago was it that Vermouth killed Jodie-sensei's father? And, for that matter, what manga chapter(s) showed the flashbacks regarding that? I'm working on a theory and need all the information I can get on that, and I want to go back and read it again. Many thanks to anyone who can help me out.

39 minutes ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

NO links to subs. That's how this site got a DMCA takedown before.

Then I'm being just straight-up incompetent... and between here and DCTP, I've showed a lot of incompetence, when it comes to links. And now I've gone and messed up when it came to the most important thing—avoiding further debacles with entities like Funimation.

So, to be on the safe side, I might as well just not link to anything again, now—who knows what I'll unintentionally screw up with that, next...

2 hours ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

@HAIBARA...... Since it's against forum rules to link to fansubs, I'm sending it to you in a private message. Hope it helps.

Also, I hope someone can answer my question from a few posts ago (before the whole video thing came up).

Is that against forum rules?

Alright... I think I can attempt to help without setting myself up to get banned because of absent-mindedness... -_-

It was 20 years ago that Vermouth killed Jodie's father, and the files/episodes that showed a flashback to this event were:

File 426 and File 427/Episode 343 and Episode 344

File 433/Episode 345

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

It was 20 years ago that Vermouth killed Jodie's father, and the files/episodes that showed a flashback to this event were:

File 426 and File 427/Episode 343 and Episode 344

File 433/Episode 345

Very much appreciated. That helps a great deal. Now to go read those chapters again and see where my idea goes. I'll post it in the appropriate forum when it's fully developed.

Regarding links to subs rules, the important thing is that this site is not and should not become a go-to resource for illegal downloads and streams, and searches of this site's public content should not be able to find links to these things. Breaking these rules is how DCW got nailed the first and only time, and how DCTP got nailed for the anime and manga translations they used to do.

8 minutes ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

Regarding links to subs rules, the important thing is that this site is not and should not become a go-to resource for illegal downloads and streams, and searches of this site's public content should not be able to find links to these things. Breaking these rules is how DCW got nailed the first and only time, and how DCTP got nailed for the anime and manga translations they used to do.

I understand that, but there is something I'm curious about that has been kind of a gray area to me. No links is perfectly clear, but can we tell where to find stuff without actually linking? For example, is it against the rules to say that kissanime.com has the whole series and all the movies? I'm not linking to the actual pages any DC content appears on, just mentioning the hosting site. Even if kissanime.com does come up as a link (which it doesn't appear to be as I'm typing), it would only go to their front page, so anyone following it would still have to use their internal search feature to find their Conan content. So, no direct links. But can we tell others what sites host it? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

And no links even in PMs, right?

Again, my apologies to you, the other mods, and everyone—I, especially considering how involved I've been with DCW and DCTP, should've known better.

@DCUniverseAficionado :

25 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

And no links even in PMs, right?

Chek can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the answer to this is in his post from earlier.

1 hour ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

If I'm reading this correctly, it is only in the public content (that is, the forums, wiki, etc.) that we can't include direct links. Private messages are, by definition, private rather than public, so sending someone a PM with a link should not violate this. Again, @Chekhov MacGuffin, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still not clear on whether mentioning the hosting site without a link is acceptable as I inquired in my last post, so I hope Chek will respond to that.

Hey, I guess it's not really the best place to ask this, but I don't know where else could I do so. How does the post counter work? I've been browsing the forum and it got me intrested. If it really is a bad place to ask it, then could you tell me where is a right thread?

13 minutes ago, Detective Magic said:

Hey, I guess it's not really the best place to ask this, but I don't know where else could I do so. How does the post counter work? I've been browsing the forum and it got me intrested. If it really is a bad place to ask it, then could you tell me where is a right thread?

You're not incorrect in assuming that this probably isn't the most fitting thread to ask this in, but since we don't have a subforum set aside solely for asking question, I'm not really sure where the best place would've been either, so asking this here is probably fine.

The post counter doesn't count posts made in the forum games subforum, but counts posts made anywhere else. I'm not sure if you use other forums, but I've noticed some other anime forums do this as well. It's usually done to deter people from trying to make their post counts bigger by spamming in forum games threads. 

Wow! Thanks for a fast answer. I've been wondering, because I saw people who were posting in the forum games, but their counter didn't change. Now it's all clear. :) (And it's quite a good system) BTW I don't really have accounts on other forums, I just watch from the shadows, so I never paid attention to it.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:38 AM, HAIBARA...... said:

uhmm guys sorry to distrub once again, does anyone knows where can i watch Detective Conan Movie 21, please if anyone does, just PM me,pretty please  with a cherry on the top!:rolleyes:

It just came out in theatres last week.