Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Does anybody know how to watch movie 19-sunflowers of inferno?

Any link or whatever

Thx

If you're not in an asia county, it probably won't be shown in a cinema for you, so you'll have to wait for Japanese Blu-Ray/DVD this fall and import it or wait until someone localizes it for your market.

For other viewing methods than that (especially in link form), I'll refer you to the forum rules:

- No links or content that point to copyrighted Detective Conan material (e.g. manga, anime, music, movies, etc...) that suggest possible reading, watching or downloading of said materials.

• Upvote 1

Any one can give me a good reason about >> why Conan does't benefit from Number of Boss of Black Org.. ?

like tell FBI about it or try to tell Police or something like this .. ?

or try to call him with change his Voice ( Conan ).

Any one can give a good reason about >> why Conan does't benefit from Number of Boss of Black Org.. ?

like tell FBI about it or try to tell Police or something like this .. ?

or try to call him with change his Voice ( Conan ).

I suppose it depends on what you mean by a "good reason".

Conan was going to involve Takagi iirc, but then changed his mind because he didn't want to get him involved and killed. (That's probably reason enough for Conan since he doesn't want to risk someone else's life). Quite sure he said that Takagi was the only one who would act in that instance as well and would need further proof, more than just a random email address to convince the police to make a move.

Ai also pretty much convinces him that he shouldn't open "Pandora's box" either, and that the address is too dangerous to be put to use.

In any case, doesn't the FBI, or at least Akai probably know the number? Kir and Ethan both knew iirc, although they were CIA, and one of them is deceased  :P

It's probably another way for Gosho to stall plot progression.

• Upvote 1

^

ammm ... Your Right,

1- i am confuse conan knew Number of boss( Phone call )  or mail address ?

2- and now conan knew where boss place ( Totorie ) Because first 4 num of boss  ( ep 385 ) << is that right ?

3- Conan mention Number of boss on Ep 398 .. Is that last Ep conan mention something about his Number ?

If You can Answer these 3 well be Good  ^_^ , thx.

^

ammm ... Your Right,

1- i am confuse conan knew Number of boss( Phone call )  or mail address ?

2- and now conan knew where boss place ( Totorie ) Because first 4 num of boss  ( ep 385 ) << is that right ?

3- Conan mention Number of boss on Ep 398 .. Is that last Ep conan mention something about his Number ?

If You can Answer these 3 well be Good  ^_^ , thx.

1. I'm positive it's an email address, or that's at least what it's referred to most of the time. You can check out this topic: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/5521-is-the-bosss-number-a-phone-number-or-an-email-address/

2. The number is #969#6261 (not 0858, Tottori), though it sounds similar to a Kurayoshi area code (Gosho also used this number in particular to prevent prank calls if I'm not mistaken, I think he also chose the number upon calling home) - Gosho said that there is no connection between the two, although we don't really know if he is completely serious or not. There is some more information in the translating interview topic regarding this.

Here are a couple excerpts from that topic for further information:

Q14:ボスのメアドで倉吉の市外局番など、鳥取のこと出してもらったりしてるんですけど、今後はないんでしょうか?

A:倉吉の市外局番は偶然。機会があれば色々出そうと思います。

Q14: The boss’s e-mail address has a Kurayoshi area code, and you’ve told us about Tottori, but will there be any more info in future?

A: Kurayoshi’s area code is a coincidence. If there’s the chance, I plan on revealing various things.

TN: This is hard to translate. The word メアド is a shortening of メールアドレス which means “e-mail address”, but the word 市外局番 in a dictionary says “(telephone) area code”. I tried looking up the word and got here:

http://www.denpa-dat...elephone/08.htm

This is a list of area codes, and Kurayoshi’s is this:

0858-2x~6x 倉吉 倉吉市・東伯郡三朝町、湯梨浜町、北栄町、琴浦町・西伯郡大山町(旧中山町)

Considering the boss’s number is #969#6261, I don’t know what this all means.

I also asked 2 Japanese people what メアド referred to, if e-mail or SMS, and they both said e-mail. But I don’t really trust Japanese people to understand the western meaning of e-mail.

38. Is there a connection between BO and Tottori Prefecture?

A: No. (big laugh)

3. The number is mentioned afterwards, but I'm not sure exactly when the last time Conan referenced it was? I think it's brought up again in the Clash of Red and Black series. As mentioned before, there are quite a few people that know the number.

• Upvote 1

Hello, it's been a while.

I don't know if this question has been asked before or that it looks ridiculous but how come that Masumi Sera's surname is different from that of her brother? Should it not be Masumi Akai?

Hello, it's been a while.

I don't know if this question has been asked before or that it looks ridiculous but how come that Masumi Sera's surname is different from that of her brother? Should it not be Masumi Akai?

As she said herself, things happened, like her father's death, so it probably is related to that, the middle brother and her changed their names from the father's name to the mother's name.

• Upvote 1

As she said herself, things happened, like her father's death, so it probably is related to that, the middle brother and her changed their names from the father's name to the mother's name.

Thank you for the answer.

Clash of Red is the one where BO took back Kir right? I don't think the infiltrator is Vermouth. Probably just another non-codenamed member or something. Vermouth was in Gin's car when they talk about the infiltrator.

Gin said to Vodka that there's one infiltrator inside FBI, apperently seems that Camel was this infiltrator (because his face and his acts) but then, we don't know yet who was this infiltrator. It can't be Vermouth because she was not as a FBI agent

I think that informant Gin and Vodka talk about during the chase part is the same as the infiltrator they sent in after Kusuda Rikumichi's death, whom they discuss together with Vermouth in Gin's car, which is why I said the infiltrator is not Vermouth.

Gin said to Vodka that there's one infiltrator inside FBI, apperently seems that Camel was this infiltrator (because his face and his acts) but then, we don't know yet who was this infiltrator. It can't be Vermouth because she was not as a FBI agent

But Vermouth was sent by Anokata to tail Shuichi—that qualifies as informing the BO of the FBI's activities.

If it's not Vermouth, then Gosho has never resolved this question. I doubt there really was, because this infiltrator would've heard Shinichi/Conan and Shuichi explain the truth about Kir and how they let the BO get her back so she could resume her infiltration for the CIA.

I think that informant Gin and Vodka talk about during the chase part is the same as the infiltrator they sent in after Kusuda Rikumichi's death, whom they discuss together with Vermouth in Gin's car, which is why I said the infiltrator is not Vermouth.

They didn't send in an infiltrator after Kusuda killed himself. Are you talking about the scene with Gin, Vodka and Vermouth in the Porsche right after Kusuda kills himself and ended with Vermouth thinking to herself that there was a second silver bullet? Nowhere in that scene does the subject of another infiltrator come up.

Here is a copyedit something from my wiki talk archives about the informant:

TLDR: There were two informants. One was Vermouth who was asked by the boss to keep tabs on Akai. The other went in the hospital on Vodka's orders after Kusuda vanished to see how many FBI were around, but that person was not Camel or another spy embedded in the FBI. BO had no spies infiltrating the special Japanese FBI brigade at time of Red vs Black.

Gin's first informant was Vermouth looking for Akai's car. The second was someone Vodka sent into the hospital to scope the place out after Kusuda disappeared. Gosho was being intentionally vague about the whole informant thing because he was actively encouraging the idea Camel was a BO spy up until he revealed that he was working with Akai on a secret plan instead. It is in the same vein as James Black making Akai sound like Gin in his first appearance.

Here is how I reached my conclusion about the two informants.

Vermouth: Vodka asks Gin in file 603 on page 5 if he had any calls from the informant. Gin's exact lines are "I haven't gotten anything from the informant... Anyway, according to that person's (ano kata) instructions, that plan is just to be extra sure; however, I haven't been counting on the informant from the beginning." Now, fast forward to when Gin berates Vermouth for being slow finding Akai's car because he parked far away. (603.8) "You're late Vermouth... that was a direct order from that person, right?" Vermouth being the informant perfectly matches up with Gin's lines:

• The order was from the boss
  • Vermouth's info on Akai’s whereabouts was "extra"; the core of Gin’s plan was Vodka, Chianti, and Korn with the thermographers scanning the vans.
  • Vodka was wondering why the informant was delayed, and Vermouth was delayed because she could not find Akai at first.
  • Vermouth initially had not found Akai, so the informant had no information (not gotten anything).
  • Gin was not counting on Vermouth's info because the opponent was Akai, and Gin had correctly predicted Akai anticipated being searched for and would make it difficult for the BO to find him.

The reason why Gosho was being exceptionally vague here is because he wants everyone to think Camel might be a spy. It was part of the mystery.

The other guy: The second informant is the one Vodka mentioned sending into the hospital after Kusuda ceased contact in 599.2. Of course this informant was made out to be Camel when he appeared later. Later it was revealed that Akai called Camel in, not Vodka. We still have no idea who Vodka sent in, but it would not have been a very difficult mission. Based on what was reported to Vodka, the informant's main responsibility was to find out if and how many FBI were lurking in the hospital, how they were arrayed, and what sort of resources they had with them (vans in the parking garage for instance). If there were a lot of FBI in a defensive formation, then Rena is hidden there. This informant could obtain this information by wandering around pretending to be a visitor or patient.

I think it is very unlikely for the BO to have had a spy in the particular FBI group which was protecting the Rena at the hospital during Red vs. Black. (Thus Camel is not a spy)

• If there was a traitor in the FBI, Rena's holding location would have been known and thus there was no need for Vermouth to interrogate the child and act like she had found out new information - who would she need to fool when she is reporting it to her fellow Black Org members?
  • Gin would not needed to deduce which van Rena was being held in. Sure, the Black Org could have followed all three at first to keep up appearances, but it was clear Gin did not initially know which van Hidemi was in and then deduced it on his own when he heard from Vermouth that Akai that was following the second van - a bluff.
  • Conan appeared in front of the whole assembly of FBI during the strategy meeting of Red and Black. If a traitor has witnessed that, Conan would have been investigated if not killed ("accidentally" if that was the case) soon after Red vs. Black. If Conan was investigated, this would have likely led to the uncovering of Haibara Ai, as the people connected to Conan would be investigated. She could easily be spotted by someone tailing Conan to school while studying his movement routine for example.
  • Upvote 2

TLDR: There were two informants. One was Vermouth who was asked by the boss to keep tabs on Akai. The other went in the hospital on Vodka's orders after Kusuda vanished to see how many FBI were around, but that person was not Camel or another spy embedded in the FBI. BO had no spies infiltrating the special Japanese FBI brigade at time of Red vs Black.

Gin's first informant was Vermouth looking for Akai's car. The second was someone Vodka sent into the hospital to scope the place out after Kusuda disappeared. Gosho was being intentionally vague about the whole informant thing because he was actively encouraging the idea Camel was a BO spy up until he revealed that he was working with Akai on a secret plan instead. It is in the same vein as James Black making Akai sound like Gin in his first appearance.

Vermouth: Vodka asks Gin in file 603 on page 5 if he had any calls from the informant. Gin's exact lines are "I haven't gotten anything from the informant... Anyway, according to that person's (ano kata) instructions, that plan is just to be extra sure; however, I haven't been counting on the informant from the beginning." Now, fast forward to when Gin berates Vermouth for being slow finding Akai's car because he parked far away. (603.8) "You're late Vermouth... that was a direct order from that person, right?" Vermouth being the informant perfectly matches up with Gin's lines:

• Vermouth's info on Akai’s whereabouts was "extra"; the core of Gin’s plan was Vodka, Chianti, and Korn with the thermographers scanning the vans.
  • Vodka was wondering why the informant was delayed, and Vermouth was delayed because she could not find Akai at first.
  • Vermouth initially had not found Akai, so the informant had no information (not gotten anything).
  • Gin was not counting on Vermouth's info because the opponent was Akai, and Gin had correctly predicted Akai anticipated being searched for and would make it difficult for the BO to find him.

The reason why Gosho was being exceptionally vague here is because he wants everyone to think Camel might be a spy. It was part of the mystery.

The other guy: The second informant is the one Vodka mentioned sending into the hospital after Kusuda ceased contact in 599.2. Of course this informant was made out to be Camel when he appeared later. Later it was revealed that Akai called Camel in, not Vodka. We still have no idea who Vodka sent in, but it would not have been a very difficult mission. Based on what was reported to Vodka, the informant's main responsibility was to find out if and how many FBI were lurking in the hospital, how they were arrayed, and what sort of resources they had with them (vans in the parking garage for instance). If there were a lot of FBI in a defensive formation, then Rena is hidden there. This informant could obtain this information by wandering around pretending to be a visitor or patient.

I think it is very unlikely for the BO to have had a spy in the particular FBI group which was protecting the Rena at the hospital during Red vs. Black. (Thus Camel is not a spy)

• If there was a traitor in the FBI, Rena's holding location would have been known and thus there was no need for Vermouth to interrogate the child and act like she had found out new information - who would she need to fool when she is reporting it to her fellow Black Org members?
  • Gin would not needed to deduce which van Rena was being held in. Sure, the Black Org could have followed all three at first to keep up appearances, but it was clear Gin did not initially know which van Hidemi was in and then deduced it on his own when he heard from Vermouth that Akai that was following the second van - a bluff.
  • Conan appeared in front of the whole assembly of FBI during the strategy meeting of Red and Black. If a traitor has witnessed that, Conan would have been investigated if not killed ("accidentally" if that was the case) soon after Red vs. Black. If Conan was investigated, this would have likely led to the uncovering of Haibara Ai, as the people connected to Conan would be investigated. She could easily be spotted by someone tailing Conan to school while studying his movement routine for example.

Right on the mark.

I guess Gosho didn't think this other informant was worth looking into.

What about this then?

It shows that the informant was STILL in the Hospital? JYT7bjU.jpg

I've got another questions which really confuse me, why is it so easy to infiltrate the BO? so many has done it already and they didn't get caught? ( as soon as I remember).

Why doesn't Anokate know about Vermouth's traitorous behavior? when she is his favorite and so close to him? is he that stupid? to be deceived by woman? or he does know yet doesn't make anything about it?

How come the BO couldn't hide it's existente completely? 

Sine we know that RUM is second in the organization doesn't that make the BO quit small organization? we already know who is second in lead..

I've got another questions which really confuse me, why is it so easy to infiltrate the BO? so many has done it already and they didn't get caught? ( as soon as I remember).

Why doesn't Anokate know about Vermouth's traitorous behavior? when she is his favorite and so close to him? is he that stupid? to be deceived by woman? or he does know yet doesn't make anything about it?

How come the BO couldn't hide it's existente completely? 

Sine we know that RUM is second in the organization doesn't that make the BO quit small organization? we already know who is second in lead..

Perhaps you can convince Gosho why introducing so many spies is a bad idea  :P - Let's forget the upcoming movie is going a bit further with this as well... (but at least it's not canon)

Ethan Hondou was killed trying to protect his daughter's identity. Scotch is dead (apparently killed by Akai, but we really don't know the circumstances of his death), Camel made a blunder and Akai's plans were ruined... Bourbon might have some complications in the future, but only Vermouth seems to be on to him, and she's being blackmailed... Who knows what she'll do. Kir's been suspected quite a bit and is still under close observation after Akai's "death". 

Vermouth has always been rather secretive. She did have a bit of freedom before, but was reprimanded for it at one point. It's not like she goes completely unpunished.

Why she is the favorite, it's hard to say... It's implied that they have some type of special connection, but we don't really know what that is yet... I think Gosho only confirmed so far that she wasn't the boss' wife.

I think with any rather large crime syndicate... There are bound to be some errors. Hiding its existence perfectly is something that'd be relatively hard to do amidst all of these shady dealings... Truthfully, I'm a bit surprised that they don't have more leads (coincidental or not).

Why does Rum being second have anything to do with the organization's size? We don't even know hardly anything about Rum anyways... just that he's the second, can fit various descriptions, and apparently has a prosthetic eye.

Code-named members always strike me as being "important" members, but I think there are a ton of dispensable members we won't ever know about. I think if we only look at the code-named members, it does appear small...

Did Conan know from the beginning that Akai was disguising himself as Subaru Okiya? and his plan all along? because when Eisuke Hondou told him that he heard that a FBI agent died Conan smiled and said everything is good. Furthermore Conan let him (Subaru) reside at his house like nothing?

Did Conan know from the beginning that Akai was disguising himself as Subaru Okiya? and his plan all along? because when Eisuke Hondou told him that he heard that a FBI agent died Conan smiled and said everything is good. Furthermore Conan let him (Subaru) reside at his house like nothing?

Yes, Conan knew from the beginning. It was his plan after all, incorporating Agasa for the voice changer and Yukiko, who designed the Subaru Okiya disguise.