Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Ah I given up on that. When the show gives the pool of suspects I randomly pick one from the alibi that seems the fishy-ish to see if I'm correct. I just sit back and watch it. It would have been nice to have it since the conan's hints part and then only getting to see his deduction from only 75% of the clues while conan hides the rest leaving us in suspense at who did it or why it happened. But then there are the eps where the show flat out shows the murder or robbery or what not happen and the perp and then watch as conan try and figure it out. IMO they should just get rid of the hints cause only by then end and when conan gives the solution you can see how the hint played a major part but trying to connect that hint on your own is impossible cause we are never shown all the clues so we can formulate how it happen and who did it. Don't get me wrong though I enjoy the show and i was only disappointed in this in the beginning. I would not watch 100+ eps of a show I did not like.  Also I was looking at kindaichi since its supposed to be the other most popular mystery anime and I don't like the art direction that it takes as well as a few others.

What matters to me is a show that has personality over all and I didn't see that in it, it looked really one dimensional kinda like law and order. I prefer shows like castle, elementary, forever, ncis, ncis la, and Sherlock.

But back on to my earlier question so i just watched ep140 sos from ayumi. its next episode preview was for ep 139. so why in this wiki (and my files) why are the out of order? The show is out of order from the manga already, does it really need to be out of order for itself as well?

sigh... again, whats with this shows previews/conan's hints. so came across yet another one (and no these are not remakes/remastered eps) ep 145 preview/conan's hints has ep 146 being the streetcars sudden stop case. but ep 146 is the metropolitan police detective love story p1. and even more annoying ep 147 is indeed part 2 but the preview for 148 is the streetcars sudden stop case. so both ep 145 and 147 has the same previews. and yes 148 is the streetcars sudden stop case. just wish these people get their act together. maybe this is why the art changed. they fired these people and got new ones. but then again the must have messed up as well since there is a total of 3  art changes. sigh. original middle and current looks of art for the show.

now whats interesting is that the wiki says the hint is a bike for the metropolitan police detective love story p1. I just want to know where that info came from. manga? and they just wrote it in there?

this is just a minor annoyance the main one is why is this anime so much out of order from source material. I get it with this show its possible to do it since they're all self contained stories. but just because you can doesn't mean you should. I mean there was a series of episodes back to back where kogoro kept getting clients, coming to him and they knew he was famous. then six episode in kogoro states he hasn't had clients in forever. what? I get it hops around but this makes it even harder to follow.

I am 145 episodes deep now and most of it is to be expected now and but I just want to know why. why did they feel it needed to be so out of order? usually theres a reason, why tv crews do such things. is it to make adding in their filler eps (which I still don't get why this show has that many filler eps, there was plenty of source before they had to start that) more seamless. just wondering if anyone knew of this.

why. why did they feel it needed to be so out of order? usually theres a reason, why tv crews do such things. is it to make adding in their filler eps (which I still don't get why this show has that many filler eps, there was plenty of source before they had to start that) more seamless. just wondering if anyone knew of this.

No idea. They just do it because it works out for the anime crew that way.

Also, you are kind of misusing this topic. You are basically blogging about your experience watching DC, complaining about stuff that bothers you, and then putting a question on the end so it fits the thread. Generally, this thread is for straight to the point questions. If you want to start a topic about your experiences watching DC, why not make a separate topic or a tumblr?

if you want to try answering before the answer is given, try detective school q or kindaichi. detective conan rarely giving us hints first before the unveiling

What? This is totally wrong. People solve Detective Conan all the time before the answer is given. That's the point. Between DCTP and DCW we are almost 100% for the last 75 cases or so. We have a whole forum dedicated to that- the manga one. In the anime sometimes there are hints in the first part of the final episode for a case, but you can always pause when Conan does the "I have figured it out smirk" and solve it. (Except when the animators make mistakes which isn't too common for cases compared to arcs) I have had worse experiences with Kindaichi than Detective Conan when it comes to consistent case quality and good depiction.

I have had worse experiences with Kindaichi than Detective Conan when it comes to consistent case quality and good depiction.

I would like to disagree. Kindaichi's cases in my opinion are better from the mystery/detective point of view, there are more suspects, more episodes for each plot, the stories are more complicated and it's harder to guess the murderer. DC, on the other hand, feels superior to Kindaichi in terms of how well the background world and the characters are made, the world feels more "alive", or so I think.

I have a question. This has been bothering me for quite a while.

In the movie where Conan shoots at Ran's leg to graze her when she was held by the killer (forgot what movie) and also when Ran lost her memories and Conan drove a speedboat in Tropical Land (forgot also what movie), Conan mentioned that he learned both skills while he was in Hawaii (if my memory serves me right. )

I know that movies are not considered canon but still Gosho-sensei is still somehow involved in making them, right? So my question is, was there anything mentioned in the manga or any of sensei's interviews that something significant happened in Hawaii?

Because for some reason, I feel like Ran and Shinichi met Sera there. Ran remembers sound of waves while looking at Sera's back. Somehow it reminds me of a beach. I know my speculation sounds silly but... just feel like mentioning it anyway.

• Upvote 2

In the movie where Conan shoots at Ran's leg to graze her when she was held by the killer (Movie 2) and also when Ran lost her memories and Conan drove a speedboat in Tropical Land (Movie 4), Conan mentioned that he learned both skills while he was in Hawaii (if my memory serves me right. )

I know that movies are not considered canon but still Gosho-sensei is still somehow involved in making them, right?

Kind of. Someone else writes the scripts. Certain movies seem to have more input from Gosho than others. For example, Movie 1 (The Time-Bombed Skyscraper) and Movie 18 (Sniper from another Dimension) have Gosho much more heavily involved, and Movie 6 (The Phantom of Baker Street) much less so.

So my question is, was there anything mentioned in the manga or any of sensei's interviews that something significant happened in Hawaii?

Not in manga canon, not yet I believe.

Because for some reason, I feel like Ran and Shinichi met Sera there. Ran remembers sound of waves while looking at Sera's back. Somehow it reminds me of a beach. I know my speculation sounds silly but... just feel like mentioning it anyway.

Gosho has taken movie stuff and made it manga canon, so this could be true.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, Chekhov. Well, one of my questions out of my kind now at least. Glad someone took my silly speculation seriously.

I'll go in here again once I think of another question. :D

Chekhov, but why were you disappointed with some Kindaichi cases compared to Detective Conan (don't know if you missed my post on the previous page)? As I said, in my opinion while DC is superior in the development of the world, the characters and general background atmosphere, from the detective/mystery point of view Kindaichi is much more complicated and it's very important not to be able to guess the murderer in a detective story (sorry I don't remember if I already asked you this question before). 

Will answer in kindaichi topic elsewhere on forum - here http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/1102-the-kindaichi-case-files/?p=359488 - Chek.

This thread has been misused lately. This is a thread for questions, not general discussion or commentary disguised as questions. From now on, if I see any more posts that aren't obviously questions, answers to questions, or followup responses to questions that make sense in context I'm either going to hide it or move it to its own thread.

Hello again, everybody  :)

How do we know the schedule (and also titles) of the upcoming DC Anime?, I mean we do get previews, but I saw somewhere on the internet posted the whole schedule for a month. 

Hello again, everybody  :)

How do we know the schedule (and also titles) of the upcoming DC Anime?, I mean we do get previews, but I saw somewhere on the internet posted the whole schedule for a month. 

I forget if it is currently the main Conan anime website or if it is the television station which airs Conan, but one of the two posts the schedule for what airs a month in advance. Back when I used to watch the anime, I remember it being the television station itself. (but that was a long time ago) Either way, when it comes out, there are a few reliable people who take it upon themselves to get ahold of it and translate it. The usual path is Japanese --> Chinese --> English at DCTP in the general forum --> DCWiki

I forget if it is currently the main Conan anime website or if it is the television station which airs Conan, but one of the two posts the schedule for what airs a month in advance. Back when I used to watch the anime, I remember it being the television station itself. (but that was a long time ago) Either way, when it comes out, there are a few reliable people who take it upon themselves to get ahold of it and translate it. The usual path is Japanese --> Chinese --> English at DCTP in the general forum --> DCWiki

:rolleyes:  Thanks! 

Does Sunflowers of inferno (Movie 19) have anything to do with the the special The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History? ‎

I'm fairly certain the answer to that would be no, but I'm just going off of intuition.  Is there anything that makes you think they're connected?

I'm fairly certain the answer to that would be no, but I'm just going off of intuition.  Is there anything that makes you think they're connected?

An IP on the wiki said they were. They said Kaito and Jii's magic van showed up at the end or something? Is that true?

An IP on the wiki said they were. They said Kaito and Jii's magic van showed up at the end or something? Is that true?

Can't confirm or deny this, but it sounds kind of fishy.  I've located some streamed raws online, but the video players are giving me issues with skipping to the end heh.  Maybe when I'm patient enough to sit through the whole thing, I'll look into it.

I found a french sub "Disappearance' with googletranlate Eng sub. Haven't watch it  all and i have no knowledge of Kaitou's magic van so I cannot spot it If I see one.

Could it be a lost in translation about Van Gogh?

All I can see is in the end, KId is seen watching the episode on TV and announce his plan for the event in Movie 19. Kind of a "stinger".

I just made an account for asking this question. I'm from germany, so please excuse my english.

My question is about this article: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/List_of_characters_who_know_Ai_Haibara%27s_identity

My question: How do we know that Shuichi Akai knows the identity of Ai Haibara? Or rather how do we know that "he figured it out at some point near the end of the Vermouth arc."? (see below in the quote from this website)

This doesn't make any sense to me, because if he would knew that Ai Haibara is Sherry (at some point near the end of the Vermouth arc), than he would know automatically that there is something that can change an adult to a kid. Logically he would know instantly, that Conan is Shinichi Kudo, because he suspected him for a long time already.So, the thing is, that he knows that Conan = Shinichi, but this is something he's finding out later as Subaru Okiya.

If we're following the premise that he knew that Ai = Sherry from the point of the Vermouth arc, than he would knew that Conan = Shinichi, too. 

That means that either the List of characters who know Ai Haibara's identity is wrong (which I think is the correct answer, because I didn't find a 100% clue for Shuichi knowing Ai's identity), or the List of characters who know Conan Edogawa's identity is wrong, because Shuichi would know Conan's identity at some point of the Vermouth arc, too.

Shuichi Akai/Subaru Okiya
Shuichi_Akai.jpg
Subaru_Okiya.jpg

Shuichi Akai figured out that Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano at some point near the end of the Vermouth arc, but he might have suspected about it much earlier. It is uncertain whether he has told other FBI agents about this information.

I just made an account for asking this question. I'm from germany, so please excuse my english.

My question is about this article: List of characters who know Ai Haibara's identity

My question: How do we know that Shuichi Akai knows the identity of Ai Haibara? Or rather how do we know that "he figured it out at some point near the end of the Vermouth arc."? (see below in the quote from this website)

This doesn't make any sense to me, because if he would knew that Ai Haibara is Sherry (at some point near the end of the Vermouth arc), than he would know automatically that there is something that can change an adult to a kid. Logically he would know instantly, that Conan is Shinichi Kudo, because he suspected him for a long time already.So, the thing is, that he knows that Conan = Shinichi, but this is something he's finding out later as Subaru Okiya.

If we're following the premise that he knew that Ai = Sherry from the point of the Vermouth arc, than he would knew that Conan = Shinichi, too.

That means that either the List of characters who know Ai Haibara's identity is wrong (which I think is the correct answer, because I didn't find a 100% clue for Shuichi knowing Ai's identity), or the List of characters who know Conan Edogawa's identity is wrong, because Shuichi would know Conan's identity at some point of the Vermouth arc, too.

Hey, I just answered that with a wiki edit:

Shuichi Akai figured out that Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano sometime after he first noted her appearance in Contact with the Black Organization. In Secret of the Tohto Film Development Studio, Akai asks some FBI agents to surreptitiously photograph her. Akai then carries her photograph around in his truck in The Four Porsches case. He thinks aloud that her appearance is "too similar". It is confirmed that Akai had discovered Ai's true identity by the Showdown with Vermouth. Akai remarks that he is not willing to confront Haibara yet. Since the fake child identity "Ai Haibara" came into existence only very recently and had no direct interaction with Akai, he must have reasons related to his past with Shiho for him to feel unwilling to speak with her. It is uncertain whether he has told other FBI agents about this information.

The reason Akai didn't figure out Conan was Shinichi sooner is because he didn't know about Shinichi. (He met Shiho before, so he had a head start on Ai's case.) He had to learn from Ran, Yukiko, and investigating the house as Okiya.

Kapitel_383-2.jpg

• Upvote 2