Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Does Detective Conan theme song Kimi Ga Ireba ever played on the anime? So far I only heard it on the movie. I am talking about the song not ost. Thanks =)

I'm fairly certain it's played a few times in a few of the very early episodes.  Someone needs to fact check me on this though, since it's been a long time since I've watched those episodes.

• Upvote 1

I've never heard of the metal version before. But it's been played without lyrics numerous times early in the series. With lyrics, I can remember only one time, in Movie 3 when Conan defeated Scorpion.

Does Detective Conan theme song Kimi Ga Ireba ever played on the anime? So far I only heard it on the movie. I am talking about the song not ost. Thanks =)

A ghost ship murder case and A Crab and Whale Kidnapping Case both play the song. There are probably other episodes that use it, but don't have their soundtracks listed yet on the wiki.

What chapters are Anokata's identity hinted? Gosho claims that Anokata's identity is hinted in earlier chapters but I'm having trouble finding anything about this...

There were a few episodes where Anokata was mentioned or referenced, but I don't think there were any where his/her identity was hinted, or at least from what I've seen.

I don't read the manga so I just pulled these off of the wiki:

Chapters 238-242, 429-434, 499-504, 553-555, 605-609, 700-704, 898

What chapters are Anokata's identity hinted? Gosho claims that Anokata's identity is hinted in earlier chapters but I'm having trouble finding anything about this...

Because I don't recall he ever claimed such a thing. I only know that due to the fact that DC was originally meant to last for only a few months, many readers have speculated that the identity of the boss might have been hinted in earlier chapters. However, in one of the recent interviews, Gosho said that so far there is no hint at the boss' identity: 

I: So, at the present moment, are there no other hints about the identity of "that person".

A: No, not for now. Just please look forward to it. (laughs)

It wouldn't surprise me if Gosho Aoyama is keeping mum about Anokata. As far as we know, it is very possible for the boss to have already been shown, but I doubt that there will be any hints as to who it is. From what I speculate, the boss will most likely be someone who we have seen a couple of times but someone who we would not expect at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gosho Aoyama is keeping mum about Anokata. As far as we know, it is very possible for the boss to have already been shown, but I doubt that there will be any hints as to who it is. From what I speculate, the boss will most likely be someone who we have seen a couple of times but someone who we would not expect at all.

In an interview, Gosho said that the boss's name has appeared before, presumably in the earlier volumes because of the original 3-month schedule (I forgot the source). As for him actually showing himself, or even multiple times... Eh, I'll have to disagree with that.

No no not that, I mean this!!! It showed on the intro during movie 6 =)2dw9f0k.png    

Ah, okay. You can say that was a creative take on that episode, I guess? Hehe.

Anyway, that's just the movie taking liberties with the intro. 

Hi does anyone one know what's this OVAs  all about? Should I watch

4h7dhe.png

They're mostly just non-DC related independent episodes (except for 2 and 7). Like all other OVAs, they're not important to anything in the storyline, but you can still watch it for your own enjoyment.

Personally, I really liked Wait For Me.

HI!!, Just one question is Katio Kid consider a main character? Or just a crossover from other manga? Currently on ep 300, He hasn't been out like a 100 episode !!!! Dun tell me anything if have spoiler haha... Thanks = )  

Hi everyone, I just started to get into DC thanks to magic kaito 1412. awesome show. I am now up to ep 140. This show isn't exactly the easiest show to marathon. I have no problem with lengths I didn't get into one piece until it was in the late 400 episodes. But heres the the questions, maybe you guys know them maybe not. Has it ever been stated why the show is so out of place from the manga? like episodes 1-3 covers vol1 chaps 1-9 yet ep 4 is vol 4 chaps 7-9. and vol 2 chaps 1-3 is episode 38. Clearly they had a lot of source material to work with to go in order but they choose not to. Any reason for this? Or has it never been stated.

Second thing is whats with some of the previews not matching up to the episodes. at the end of 139 the final screening murder case part 2, the preview and conan hint are for episode 141 the night before the wedding locked room murder case part 1. But your wiki shows 140 to be SOS! messages from ayumi, and the episode I have is that as well. And I noticed this before with episode 131 have a preview for episode 135. while 132-134 where something else entirely.

This show is already a pain in terms of plot how its been on air for 19 years yet not even a year has passed. Makes you think beika city and the surrounding area as on of the highest crime rate on the face of the planet. At least 560 people were murdered and another 140 or so misc criminal activities like kidnapping, black mail, and robberies. And this is just a city. Don't get me wrong though this show is damn good. But they need to help the watcher/reader more. It's impossible to figure out most of the cases on your own since we get just about as much info as kogoro does. I like to try and solve some of these since that what mystery entertainment is for. But the author keeps giving conan more info then hes showing us. And makes it a little frustrating.