Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

As far as we know, nobody knew that the FBI were involved in Kir case except for Vermouth, who saw Jodie and Conan in Haido park where the assassination was supposed to take place. Given the fact that Vermouth,usually hides Conan-related information from the boss, she wouldn't have reported to the boss that the FBI are involved. Plus, even if the boss knew that Akai might show up, He/she would have planned some way to kill Akai since he/she believes that he is the silver bullet. Waiting for his/her own enemy, Akai, to save their guy, Kogoro, that the boss gave permission to kill.and put his highly ranked agents in a dangerous situation, doesn't make much sense in my opinion.  

Yeah I knew I was pretty stupid  :blink:, nice deduction 

Does Kaito Kid was arrested or he stop from being a thief ???

Detective Conan isn't over yet (will be at 20th anniversary next year), but 857 chapters later, Kaitou Kid remains uncaught and he is still thieving.

I have a question from the 'Yusaku's Cold Case' manga chapter. Why does Okiya have to hide a comb from Sera? Does it have something to do with his changed hairstyle? (Considering that he's Akai in disguise) And in the end of the 'Mystery Train chapter, Okiya was shown with his eyes open.... so your theory of him wearing glasses with high power doesn't seem to work there..... Is there any other way by which he keeps his eyes squinted?

I have a question from the 'Yusaku's Cold Case' manga chapter. Why does Okiya have to hide a comb from Sera? Does it have something to do with his changed hairstyle? (Considering that he's Akai in disguise) And in the end of the 'Mystery Train chapter, Okiya was shown with his eyes open.... so your theory of him wearing glasses with high power doesn't seem to work there..... Is there any other way by which he keeps his eyes squinted?

What's the problem with Akai temporarily unsquinting his eyes from behind the glasses? I recall Genta's father, Kojima Genji, who is the model for the high-powered glasses theory, opened his eyes completely when he was screaming at the culprit in chapter 660.

Okiya may have hid the comb to hide the fact he was using his left hand, or because Gosho wants us to think he was adjusting his wig with it. (It looks like an ordinary comb to me, but maybe those are rarer in Japan?)

What's the problem with Akai temporarily unsquinting his eyes from behind the glasses? I recall Genta's father, Kojima Genji, who is the model for the high-powered glasses theory, opened his eyes completely when he was screaming at the culprit in chapter 660.

Okiya may have hid the comb to hide the fact he was using his left hand, or because Gosho wants us to think he was adjusting his wig with it. (It looks like an ordinary comb to me, but maybe those are rarer in Japan?)

Thanks for the answer, things seem more clear now :)

A fairly not-so-important question that I'm curious of:

In the credits for the opening, during both the bank hijack and the department store hijack (Scar Akai's two main appearances), Kir's name shown in the ending was still Mizunashi Rena. Why wasn't it changed to Hidemi Hondou? After Jodie's real full name was revealed, it changed from Jodie Santemillion to Jodie Starling (or was it the other way round?). 

Another one pertaining to the anime

When are the Mystery Tours?

They use Kir fake name maybe because the don't want to spoil people who pick up the episodes before watch the climax of Kir arc(which entirely possible for a long runner like this). The name Hidemi Hondou are rarely mention in story anyway.

Jodie undercover name as teacher in Ran's school is Santemillion. Her "real" last name as a FBI agent is Starling. This take no account of her former name before she enter witness protection program (We don't know the name she born with, or when Vermouth kills her family)

They use Kir fake name maybe because the don't want to spoil people who pick up the episodes before watch the climax of Kir arc(which entirely possible for a long runner like this). The name Hidemi Hondou are rarely mention in story anyway.

Jodie undercover name as teacher in Ran's school is Santemillion. Her "real" last name as a FBI agent is Starling. This take no account of her former name before she enter witness protection program (We don't know the name she born with, or when Vermouth kills her family)

But that wouldn't make any sense, since endings come with a episode recap. Wouldn't you get spoiled anyways?

Besides, there's not a lot people who watch the anime just to watch the ending. Why would you want to watch an episode in the 500s when you're still not up to Clash of Red & Black?

But that wouldn't make any sense, since endings come with a episode recap. Wouldn't you get spoiled anyways?

I'm not sure what you mean about "endings come with a episode recap." that will spoil you beyond the episode itself. Recap of 654 should tell the story of said episode only, which is about Scar Akai and Bank robbers. Audience need not to know "Kir" loyalty lies with the CIA. They should just know Kir kill Akai and rejoin the BO. I believe Conan refer to Kir as Rena even after she return to BO.

There's still a point of the name Hidemi is rarely use so most people would not remember Hidemi anyway. 

Besides, there's not a lot people who watch the anime just to watch the ending. Why would you want to watch an episode in the 500s when you're still not up to Clash of Red & Black?

I didn't mean about watching only ending

Detective Conan is a long series. People first get in don't watch it form the first episode but jump around as other recommend.. Chance are you don't know when this or that character or plot were introduced. I myself watch 345 before 343-344 and clueless when Ran saw picture that Vermouth takes at the school festival. People who just pick this series up and are in current story arc (Bourbon) don't need to know that

1 Araide was Vermouth since his second appearance

2 Eisuke and Kir are sibiling.

Or information like this.

i have a question , in episode 76 : conan vs. kaito kid , it was supposed to be the first time for  conan / shinichi to meet kaito , he said he isn't interested in thieves , and then he saw him for the first time at the top of that building, but in episode 219 , shinichi was trying to capture him ,and he seemed to be well aware of his inteligence and such , so is that a plot hole or what ? or they wanted to make a special so they ignored the old episode ?

The section which Kudo shinichi appear and try to capture Kaitou kid in 219 is based on Magic Kaitou manga, not Detective Conan.(the rest at the mansion where detectives start to dies is however base on DC manga).

If one count two universes together (DC and MK) That is indeed a plot hole, or may explain as Shinichi regain his body after DC end and still cannot manage to catch Kid. But if you separate two continuity = Shinichi vs Kid never happen in Conan world

i was confused where to post, in Boss of the black organization? thread or here

but then i think this thread was for Q&A, i might get answer for this.

so,

well it comes to me when i was  re-watching the episodes that-->

Am I the Only one who Thinks That in Night Baron Murder Case

this two -100px-Genichirou_Kaneshiro.jpg & 100px-Shizue_Hayashi.jpg were really vermouth and the boss (in disguise).

cuz after Conan leaves he(Kaneshiro) tells Shizue they must be careful because of Conan's suspicions.

& find out that Conan was no Ordinary Kid And have Shizue to keep an EYE on Conan!

&

what was that about his son who died four years ago?

and does they(genichirou Kaneshiro & Shizue Hayashi) show up in any other case or not?

i guess not!

So what do you think them guys? 

Were they Really Vermouth And That person or Boss of BO in Disguise?

i was confused where to post, in Boss of the black organization? thread or here

but then i think this thread was for Q&A, i might get answer for this.

so,

well it comes to me when i was  re-watching the episodes that-->

Am I the Only one who Thinks That in Night Baron Murder Case

Volume 8: Files 2-7 (072-077)

this two -100px-Genichirou_Kaneshiro.jpg & 100px-Shizue_Hayashi.jpg were really vermouth and the boss (in disguise).

cuz after Conan leaves [/size]he(Kaneshiro) tells Shizue they must be careful because of Conan's suspicions.[/size]

& find out that Conan was no Ordinary Kid And have Shizue[/size] to keep an EYE on Conan!

&

what was that about his son who died four years ago?

and does they(genichirou Kaneshiro & Shizue Hayashi[/size]) show up in any other case or not?

i guess not!

So what do you think them guys? 

Were they Really Vermouth And That person or Boss of BO in Disguise?

The Boss thread would probably have been better because it's a bout trying to figure out who the boss is while this thread is more about questions that can be answered.

I don't think they are the boss and Vermouth personally.

The Boss thread would probably have been better because it's a bout trying to figure out who the boss is while this thread is more about questions that can be answered.

I don't think they are the boss and Vermouth personally.

thanks for the clarification! ^_^

Questions for manga readers that have read up to 850ish range. The answer would most probably be speculation, but I'd like to know what you think. (WARNING: possible spoilers... the spoiler tag indicated in the first post doesn't seem to work for me >.<)

After the bell express arc ended, Bourbon suspected that Akai might still be alive. Assuming the Akai fake death theory is correct, did Bourbon figure out (or suspect) the fake fingerprint trick on Conan's phone during the Kurobee incident?Jodie didn't mention which hand the two patients and Akai touched the phone, after all. Was that the surprising inside story he heard? If he knew Conan was in on the trick, was that the reason he mentioned Conan was a terrifying man?

Questions for manga readers that have read up to 850ish range. The answer would most probably be speculation, but I'd like to know what you think. (WARNING: possible spoilers... the spoiler tag indicated in the first post doesn't seem to work for me >.<)

After the bell express arc ended, Bourbon suspected that Akai might still be alive. Assuming the Akai fake death theory is correct, did Bourbon figure out (or suspect) the fake fingerprint trick on Conan's phone during the Kurobee incident?Jodie didn't mention which hand the two patients and Akai touched the phone, after all. Was that the surprising inside story he heard? If he knew Conan was in on the trick, was that the reason he mentioned Conan was a terrifying man?

We don't know if Bourbon has figured out the finger print trick, but what Jodie said was probably the surprising insider information. Bourbon has all the info he needs to figure out the phone part of the trick now except that Conan had two phones and that the phone found in the car with the body was Conan's phone.

Bourbon planted the listening device on page 7 of the first chapter and heard about Akai liking coffee and then dropping his can in front of everyone. (Not sure how this could help, maybe Bourbon will wrongly think Akai hurt his left hand sometime because he dropped the coffee?) He then heard about the dropping and picking up of Conan's phone by the suspects in the second chapter on page 12, and how Shuuichi grabbed Conan's phone in front of the FBI after that (the story was pictures rather than words, but we just had an example of that in the previous chapter). Jodie mentioned knowing Scar Akai wasn't the real Akai.

OK so ive just started watching the anime, im at episode 80. Obviously after i get to the last chapter ill start reading the manga. My question is a really simple one and probably one that many people have thought of.

Conan turns to a kid, and he never grows even an inch. Shouldnt he be at least 20 years old or older by the end of episode 700. If each episode is a different week then its arround 50 weeks in a year therefore 50 episodes in 1 year so 700 divided by 50 is 14 add this number to the age in which he reversed to and you get a lot more then 20 years of age.

Now for all those who may think that 1 episode isnt really 1 week after the last. check out episode 57 where he says ''Its been months" so even if 1 episode doesnt represent a week of his life it has to be close to that. In various anime 1 episode equals to 1 week, 1 month, or even at times 1 hour. Yet its clear that in this anime/manga time does go by, by the many and not 1 episode 1 day.

Anyway if the awnser is obvious meaning that the whole kid thing is permanent and he is an ageless brat (immortal), then i apologize for my ignorance, as well as for the fact that this question might have been asked b4. Take in mind i just started watching this show its awsome i love it, but this contradiction is really naggin at me.

Please awnser thnx.

OK so ive just started watching the anime, im at episode 80. Obviously after i get to the last chapter ill start reading the manga. My question is a really simple one and probably one that many people have thought of.

Conan turns to a kid, and he never grows even an inch. Shouldnt he be at least 20 years old or older by the end of episode 700. If each episode is a different week then its arround 50 weeks in a year therefore 50 episodes in 1 year so 700 divided by 50 is 14 add this number to the age in which he reversed to and you get a lot more then 20 years of age.

Now for all those who may think that 1 episode isnt really 1 week after the last. check out episode 57 where he says ''Its been months" so even if 1 episode doesnt represent a week of his life it has to be close to that. In various anime 1 episode equals to 1 week, 1 month, or even at times 1 hour. Yet its clear that in this anime/manga time does go by, by the many and not 1 episode 1 day.

Anyway if the awnser is obvious meaning that the whole kid thing is permanent and he is an ageless brat (immortal), then i apologize for my ignorance, as well as for the fact that this question might have been asked b4. Take in mind i just started watching this show its awsome i love it, but this contradiction is really naggin at me.

Please awnser thnx.

Detective Conan uses a floating timeline. It's common in long-running works that evolve with the times. Officially in-universe, it has been less than a year since Conan shrank, as mentioned in the Aquarium murder case.

I think those look more like mere background they show for karaoke than actual anime originated scenes. I'm not sure though. 

Thank you for your reply! (Sorry I'm so late to thank you, the site doesn't work well on my phone so I had to wait till I had access to a PC!!)