Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

First, why did the BO refuse to give Ai an official reason for her sister's murder? You'd think they would have fabricated some reason along the lines of "Your sister failed a mission and thus we had to dispose her". Or maybe more simply just kill Akemi without having her go through all the trouble of that robbery, then give Ai whatever reason. It's not like she had the means to find out the truth, isn't it?

Second, does Ai know Akai is FBI, and that he first approached Akemi just to take advantage of her?

First, why did the BO refuse to give Ai an official reason for her sister's murder? You'd think they would have fabricated some reason along the lines of "Your sister failed a mission and thus we had to dispose her". Or maybe more simply just kill Akemi without having her go through all the trouble of that robbery, then give Ai whatever reason. It's not like she had the means to find out the truth, isn't it?

I think Ai would have protested until she got an answer that satisfied her because whatever they originally told her about her sister dying was not good enough.

Second, does Ai know Akai is FBI, and that he first approached Akemi just to take advantage of her?

We don't know if she knows. She knows "Moroboshi Dai" was a traitor of some sort. We don't know if she knows it was because he was an FBI spy. We do know she doesn't know "Moroboshi Dai's" real name is Akai because she didn't recognize it when Conan talked about him in Red vs. Black.

Yes and he has. He apparently blocked her from his memory from sheer terror, has permanent memory damage from her smacking him, forgot her. 11-07 (107) pg 5

Ahhh.......I..seeee. ^^"

Thank ya, Chek-san! Cx

I think Ai would have protested until she got an answer that satisfied her because whatever they originally told her about her sister dying was not good enough.

We don't know if she knows. She knows "Moroboshi Dai" was a traitor of some sort. We don't know if she knows it was because he was an FBI spy. We do know she doesn't know "Moroboshi Dai's" real name is Akai because she didn't recognize it when Conan talked about him in Red vs. Black.

Thanks for the reply, Chek!

Hmm, I guess Ai had reached a point where she just got fed up with the Org (sorta like in a relationship when everything the other partner says will annoy you XD) and wanted out. I wonder if she knew Akemi's purpose in taking part in that robbery scheme. I don't recall anything that proves she did, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

What do u know about vermouth is age i know that she haven't age for 20 years and what is the Phone call that vermouth was talking about That they are trying to be both god and devil to raise dead? if u can help :)

I didn’t know where to post this, but… http://www.batoto.net/read/_/14934/detective-conan_ch776_by_detective-conan-translation-project/8 why is Haibara going out without disguise here? I don’t really remember if that’s normal, but it struck me as strange because just a few pages before she remembers to put on a hat… isn’t it weird?

Uh...Is it true that Gosho said DC won't reach 1000 files?

*hopesDCwillneverend*

I don't know whether or not he really said that, but I believe DC will end when one of the following happens (whichever one comes first):

-Gosho and/or the other DC producers get tired of producing new content

-Anime viewership and/or manga readership for DC crashes to unpopular levels

When that happens, I can predict with absolute certainty that the producers will introduce the ultimate antidote for APTX-4869 so that Shinichi returns to normal for good.

I remember reading an interview where he said that, it’s probably somewhere in the translated interviews that a user here did some time ago

What volume is this picture from? Or is this from Magic Kaito?

I have the volume upstairs, but I'm too lazy to get it. :V One of the chapter names in the case is 'Zero' if that helps... Actually, the wiki is very useful. XD It's Volume 61, chapters 631-634.

Ok, thanks for the answer @TML and ALAKTORN (:

I've got another question :P

As far as we know, the BO forced Shiho to make poison (the Apoptoxin). But did she actually mention in the manga HOW she was forced? And if not, do you guys have an idea how the organisation threatened her?

Thanks~

I don't remember she was forced to do. She just took the project left by her parent and working on it by her own free will. Only when Bo use her drug to kill people that she rebel (and they kill her sister too). In Movie 4 she did said she was forced. I believe the movie crew screw up on that.

I see. So she wasn't forced.

But wait. Then Shiho made the drug by her own free will although she knew they would be lethal? I mean she actually should has known that the BO would use them.

Sorry, I'm confused @_@

I see. So she wasn't forced.

But wait. Then Shiho made the drug by her own free will although she knew they would be lethal? I mean she actually should has known that the BO would use them.

Sorry, I'm confused @_@

According to Sherry, the drug she was developing was never intended to be a poison (V18-9, page 9); she had a different goal in mind which depends on whatever theory you subscribe to (I'm in the immortality/anti-aging camp myself). That's most likely part of why she worked on it willingly; it wasn't intended to be evil, although she realized later that it was something that shouldn't be made. (Chapter 821, pg 7) (It being her parents' legacy may have also encouraged her to work on it.) It just so happened that one of her incomplete, prototype versions worked really well as a poison, so the BO decided to use it for that purpose, which was against Sherry's intentions and wishes. (V18-9, page 9) (References from the APTX article)

This doesn't mean Shiho was entirely unwilling to help refine the poison though. It seems she planned to do and may have done some pretty rotten things related to it. We know Shiho intended to follow orders and test the then-thought-of-as-lethal drug on Numabuchi Kiichiro; however, he ran away first and then she protested not long after. The effects of the poison were definitely researched: how would Gin know that it couldn't be detected forensically without someone doing the necessary tests - tests most likely done by Shiho because it was her drug? Also, someone had to make more of the drug to give out to agents, test it as a poison to determine how powerful it was, and dispense it into human lethal dosage sized capsules.

Edit: This reminds me, Conan is under a time constraint because Haibara told him that the BO would keep using her drug to murder, and one of these days someone else was going to get shrunk and the BO would find out about the deaging. I wonder if they still worry about this, because it could happen at any time...

According to Sherry, the drug she was developing was never intended to be a poison (V18-9, page 9); she had a different goal in mind which depends on whatever theory you subscribe to (I'm in the immortality/anti-aging camp myself). That's most likely part of why she worked on it willingly; it wasn't intended to be evil, although she realized later that it was something that shouldn't be made. (Chapter 821, pg 7) (It being her parents' legacy may have also encouraged her to work on it.) It just so happened that one of her incomplete, prototype versions worked really well as a poison, so the BO decided to use it for that purpose, which was against Sherry's intentions and wishes. (V18-9, page 9) (References from the APTX article)

This doesn't mean Shiho was entirely unwilling to help refine the poison though. It seems she planned to do and may have done some pretty rotten things related to it. We know Shiho intended to follow orders and test the then-thought-of-as-lethal drug on Numabuchi Kiichiro; however, he ran away first and then she protested not long after. The effects of the poison were definitely researched: how would Gin know that it couldn't be detected forensically without someone doing the necessary tests - tests most likely done by Shiho because it was her drug? Also, someone had to make more of the drug to give out to agents, test it as a poison to determine how powerful it was, and dispense it into human lethal dosage sized capsules.

Edit: This reminds me, Conan is under a time constraint because Haibara told him that the BO would keep using her drug to murder, and one of these days someone else was going to get shrunk and the BO would find out about the deaging. I wonder if they still worry about this, because it could happen at any time...

*sigh* Now I understand. Thank you User and Chekhov! This is really interesting!

Question: How old is Sera?

Never officially said. If she really is the proper age for her grade level, she is 16-17, but she might be an older person pretending to be a high schooler in order to get close to Ran and the Detective Agency because she is investigating what happened to her brother.

I have the volume upstairs, but I'm too lazy to get it. :V One of the chapter names in the case is 'Zero' if that helps... Actually, the wiki is very useful. XD It's Volume 61, chapters 631-634.

I watched the episode with this scene in it after I posted the question so I know where it's from now - Kaito Kid's Teleportation Magic.

...Yeah, that's why I couldn't check the wiki at the time.

But thanks for that Aeyra!

(I thought that reply had been removed [the rules say not to ask which file pages come from]...I'm in trouble for even asking in the first place, aren't I?)

(I thought that reply had been removed [the rules say not to ask which file pages come from]...I'm in trouble for even asking in the first place, aren't I?)

You can ask where things come from. The general rule is not to post things that would cause angry lawyers to descend, which is generally limited to links to English and Japanese language manga/anime read/watch/share sites. You can post manga images. Crops to the relevant panels are best, but if you have to post a whole page, please don't hotlink it from a manga share site if possible.

Wait, Chek, I thought Gin said something about them not using it anymore? I have no idea where, though. :x

I've been wondering something about Amuro/Bourbon: is his loyalty to the BO closer to that of Vermouth or that of Pisco? In other words, in the event he finds out that some of the BO's important targets survived APTX-4869, would he keep this info to himself (like Vermouth did) or would he spread it to other BO members (like Pisco attempted to do)?