Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

(This is not a double post because the other one was like ages ago.)

Has there been any case (manga canon) that Kogoro actually solved a case by himself without any hint from Conan ?

We have a wikipage believe it or not. http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/List_of_cases_solved_by_Kogoro_Mouri

You might have to dig a bit for complete cases.

(This is not a double post because the other one was like ages ago.)

Has there been any case (manga canon) that Kogoro actually solved a case by himself without any hint from Conan ?

Hmm...ANY hint? Not even a small one?

I believe there was one (or two) case(s) where he figured what happened, who did it, etc. but with a little bit of help from Conan. I think it was....the one with the soldier/warrior/shogun (I forget)........ahh I forget what happens but all I can remember is that he figured it out by himself... >.< (This probably doesn't help at all, eh..)

Oh wow lol, I didn't remember to check the next page to see if anyone else replied/answered your (Oni-san's) question. xDD So stupid of me..xP

Well, nevermind my post, then~ ^^

This was not a double post btw - Chek moved this post up.

@Chek: Do you remember anything else ? Like did she say something beside that ? Was it a direct speech or just flashback ? She told Conan that or she just thought so in her head ?

EDIT: So far I've checked every file with Haibara from V.18~37 (including the flashbacks) but still haven't found it.

• Upvote 1

It's mentioned in movie 5 Countdown to Heaven.

It is about the midway point right after the BO finish planting bombs in the tower. *sigh, I wished it was from canon*

Does any one know anything about shinichi/conan's grandparents ?

They have never been mentioned ever.

I have three questions:

1) Did any DC case take place at Tottori Prefecture or anywhere near that place? (I read in the wiki that this place might have something to do with the BO, that's why)

2) Which was the manga chapter about Haibara's birthday tapes? ( To be precise, I'm talking about the tapes that Haibara's mother left for her)

3) Was it ever mentioned or rumoured that Akemi might not be Haibara real sister?

I have three questions:

1) Did any DC case take place at Tottori Prefecture or anywhere near that place? (I read in the wiki that this place might have something to do with the BO, that's why)

2) Which was the manga chapter about Haibara's birthday tapes? ( To be precise, I'm talking about the tapes that Haibara's mother left for her)

3) Was it ever mentioned or rumoured that Akemi might not be Haibara real sister?

1. Yes. eg. http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Tottori_Spider_Mansion_Demon

2.Volume 40....

3. No, but it has always been suspected to be so. For further information, please refer to Chek's "Detective Conan Theories for DUmmies" handbook.

Manga volume 42, File 425: Hidden Truth pp 15-18 to be exact. If you want the anime episode, it's episode 341.

It is about the midway point right after the BO finish planting bombs in the tower. *sigh, I wished it was from canon*

Wait a minute, you never watch movies right ? Then where did you heard that line in the first place ? Maybe we still have some hopes...

Wait a minute, you never watch movies right ? Then where did you heard that line in the first place ? Maybe we still have some hopes...

I am pretty sure that's were I heard it. I do watch the movies, just not the anime. (I am watching Sera's intro though.)

This is completely out of the blues and might sound stupid but who did Sera mean by "someone who never smiled?" I assumed it was Akai but I think someone else in DC world deserve that title a bit more. Someone She's interested in and want to meet. It just might be Ai, or in this case, Shiho Miyano, She definitely wasn't the kind of a person who'd smile when she was in her real body and since Sera is so interested in her as a kid, she might have known her in the past. In fact, Sonoko was just describing her as, "As if an anti-social woman somehow up and turned into a little kid." She somehow nailed it and might have reminded Sera of her and caused her to talk about a person who never smiled.

Gin never grinning more broadly than Akai. That would not make him the person Sera talking about, right?

BTW this one is speculation not fact, should belong to Sera's identity thread.

Gin never grinning more broadly than Akai. That would not make him the person Sera talking about, right?

BTW this one is speculation not fact, should belong to Sera's identity thread.

LOL thanks. I missed that thread on the reference guide.

How does vermouth disguise her voice?

The same way Toichi and Kaito do, practice and amazing vocal chords, and no devices needed. Toichi trained Vermouth in disguise while she was the actress Sharon Vineyard.

How does vermouth disguise her voice?

Look up Mel Blanc, and any number of VAs. Its a very cool talent. It is basic vocal cord manipulation. Exceptional control that Kaitou, Toichi and Vermouth have come from not only practice but experience.

Watch this:

Fun fact: Voice actors, in order to get work, must be able to switch between known voices on the fly. Whether it be cartoon or real impersonations. If they cannot do it, they are not given the role.

• Upvote 3

Kay, in File 105, it seems that Conan meets Eri for the first time, since he doesn't recognize her...but shouldn't Shinichi have met Ran's mom before???

Yes and he has. He apparently blocked her from his memory from sheer terror, has permanent memory damage from her smacking him, forgot her. 11-07 (107) pg 5